NPSC 2016

September 11th, 2016, 6:54 pm #1

Well NPSC starts next week Monday Sept.19 2016. It's time to show your support of our sport and those who support us shooters. This is just like voting if you don't do it don't complain about the outcome . Pack up your gear and see you there. JPE

September 12th, 2016, 7:17 am #2

Gear is packed 😎

September 12th, 2016, 11:33 pm #3

Well NPSC starts next week Monday Sept.19 2016. It's time to show your support of our sport and those who support us shooters. This is just like voting if you don't do it don't complain about the outcome . Pack up your gear and see you there. JPE
Good luck. Keep them in the X ring.

September 14th, 2016, 2:55 pm #4

Do they check the single action trigger weight on Service Revolver? I didn't shoot it last year because we had to choose Revolver or Semi and just couldn't remember since you don't shoot single action in that match anyway.

September 14th, 2016, 6:29 pm #5

This year there are no more check ins. You will be randomly selected after a match and if it fails your match is thrown out. This is to move the matches among.

September 14th, 2016, 6:53 pm #6

JERRY : WE WILL BE ARRIVING ON SATURDAY MID-DAY. SEE YOU THAN. ( EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T PULLED A TRIGGER ON A PPC GUN SINCE 2014 ) . JP

September 14th, 2016, 7:14 pm #7

Do they check the single action trigger weight on Service Revolver? I didn't shoot it last year because we had to choose Revolver or Semi and just couldn't remember since you don't shoot single action in that match anyway.
Surprisingly the rules do not specify trigger pull weight for stock service revolver. See here:
http://ppc.nra.org/documents/pdf/law/co ... lebook.pdf

September 22nd, 2016, 1:26 pm #8

Does anyone have the results yet? For every class? I know vadasz won his 8th title. Congrats to Robert.

September 26th, 2016, 4:04 pm #9

Just returned from NPSC with my new 2016 PPC rule book. Trigger weight listed for open and Distinguished revolver are 2.5 pounds in single action mode (if capable) of single action. Although not listed the service 4" revolver and off duty revolver apparently have to be 2.5 pounds as well. This according to those having been through the random inspections at NPSC. When ever I set up a revolver for competition I make sure they lift 2.5 pounds. Even though not listed I believe all revolvers must lift 2.5 pounds (if capable) of single action, and all semi autos must lift 3.5 pounds when in single action mode. Additionally the rule for open and distinguished revolvers state (If the trigger is capable of single action it must be capable of lifting 2.5 pounds when cocked for single action firing.)Rules 3.2 and 3.4 2016 rule book. JPE

September 26th, 2016, 5:50 pm #10

Same here JPE. I recently picked up an old model 19 that supposedly was an issued piece at the PD I work for and I'm the 4th owner since the transition. Besides the nostalgic value to me...it shoots great but wouldn't lift 2.5 so I replaced the rebound spring just to make sure. They didn't even check service revolvers but better safe than sorry. Shot a 474 which is a personal best for me in that match but I'm still unclassified for service revolver. Shot personal bests in Open Revolver and Open Semi-auto so I can't complain. I'd really like to pick up a 6" open semi-auto one of these days! Right now I'm shooting my 5" Les Baer for everything semi-auto and I'm firmly entrenched in the Sharpshooter 1500 pool! But how'd everybody else do?