Looking for a slip on heavy underlug for S&W 686

Looking for a slip on heavy underlug for S&W 686

Jack Bickley
Jack Bickley

January 15th, 2005, 12:40 am #1

Hello Fellow Shooters,
I used to shoot PPC many years ago and my son got me back recently. I have a S&W 686, front adjustable sight and am trying to locate a slip on heavy underlug for extra weight like I had in the past. I can't remember who it was made by and can't seem to locate one in Brownells or in any gun magazines. I was wondering if one of you guys or gals could lead me to a source.
Thanks,
Jack

January 17th, 2005, 10:32 pm #2

I'm glad I spotted this message as I have been looking for the same thing for my 686. If you find anything please post again here and I'll do the same.
I know Ron Power use to make one as he did a lot of PPC guns and equip but he is retired now and will not do anymore. One of my fellow shooters knows him. I heard his son has somewhat taken over and has some Ruger/SW stuff on a site http://www.powercustom.com/
If you come across anything elsewhere please let me know as I'll do the same.
Best.
Last edited by policepistol on January 17th, 2005, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack
Jack

January 21st, 2005, 10:07 pm #3

Hello Fellow Shooters,
I used to shoot PPC many years ago and my son got me back recently. I have a S&W 686, front adjustable sight and am trying to locate a slip on heavy underlug for extra weight like I had in the past. I can't remember who it was made by and can't seem to locate one in Brownells or in any gun magazines. I was wondering if one of you guys or gals could lead me to a source.
Thanks,
Jack
Alan,
I have found a person who used to make heavy underlugs and might be willing to make one to order. If you can give me your e-mail, I will try to get you a picture and more info.
Jack

doug
doug

January 27th, 2005, 5:29 am #4

Hello Fellow Shooters,
Thanks,
Jack
Try Jim Clark of Shreveport LA. I believe the website is Clarkcustomguns.com , he caters to competitive shooters and adds underlugs on bull guns. The underlug might not be on the website but at least you could get a phone number for him. He may be able to steer you in the right direction. Good Luck!!

MIKE C
MIKE C

February 3rd, 2005, 8:32 pm #5

I WAS LOOKIN ALL OVER FOR THE SLIP ON UNDERLUG. I FOUND IT ON EBAY ABOUT A YEAR AGO, I WAS LOOKING FOR ONE FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS. IT WAS UNUSED IN THE WRAPPER WILSON, TIGHTENED WITH AN ALLEN KEY TO FIX IT ON. I PAYED 22 DOLLARS I LUCKED OUT GOOD LUCK BRO

June 22nd, 2005, 12:28 am #6

I'm glad I spotted this message as I have been looking for the same thing for my 686. If you find anything please post again here and I'll do the same.
I know Ron Power use to make one as he did a lot of PPC guns and equip but he is retired now and will not do anymore. One of my fellow shooters knows him. I heard his son has somewhat taken over and has some Ruger/SW stuff on a site http://www.powercustom.com/
If you come across anything elsewhere please let me know as I'll do the same.
Best.
I have one made by Wichita Arms. It is the one that has a slant compensator on the end. The comp part can be sawed off and then you would just have the weight. It is blued steel. If interested email me. gunsmith@jcbgunsmith.com

June 29th, 2005, 11:55 pm #7

Hello Fellow Shooters,
Thanks,
Jack
I;m sure bill Jarvis makes them, give him a call.

Rob
Rob

December 23rd, 2005, 8:24 pm #8

Hello Fellow Shooters,
Thanks,
Jack
I had one also it was made by Jarvis gunsmithing, it was one pound and kept the 686 from rising up

charles frazier
charles frazier

May 1st, 2006, 4:24 am #9

Hello Fellow Shooters,
Thanks,
Jack
Those weights were originally built by Bill Jarvis. I'm not sure if he's still in business. I remember several Bianchi Cup Shooters were using them in the late 80's. I hope this will help you