Just getting started (hope it's not too late)

April 19th, 2013, 10:28 pm #1

Hey everyone,

Just getting into PPC. I've been at it about 6 mo. or so. Who makes holsters for 6" S&W K-Frames? What speed loaders are out there other than Safariland and who makes pounches for them now days?

I know these are basic questions, but I'm not finding much on the internet. Thanks for you responses.

Unregistered Member
Unregistered Member

April 27th, 2013, 7:12 pm #2

Well the best cheapest holster for PPC is the safariland cup challenge, 60.00 something from optics planet, lots on ebay for around 30-40.As far as pouches for loaders, most use safarilands holder for competition, there are other service type , I guess lots of kydex ones made by others. Speedloader wise JET loader (which may not stay in safariland holder)and safariland models are about it.
All info is readily available through on line searches, if you will spend some time.
Also dont try to reinvent the wheel, you see most guys using that gear because its the best ,last the longest etc, you may find used stuff cheaper, if you look around, but if you buy older style used stuff you will eventually wish you hadnt, and will buy the same as everyone else. Good luck

KAC49
KAC49

May 2nd, 2013, 8:01 pm #3

Hey everyone,

Just getting into PPC. I've been at it about 6 mo. or so. Who makes holsters for 6" S&W K-Frames? What speed loaders are out there other than Safariland and who makes pounches for them now days?

I know these are basic questions, but I'm not finding much on the internet. Thanks for you responses.
The Safariland 002 will be the easiest holster to find. The 3 most popular speedloaders are:

Safariland CompII

Safariland CompIII

Jet Loader

KAC49

KAC49
KAC49

May 2nd, 2013, 8:02 pm #4

Hey everyone,

The Safariland 002 will be the easiest holster to find. The 3 most popular speedloaders are:

Safariland CompII

Safariland CompIII

Jet Loader

KAC49

Unregistered Member
Unregistered Member

May 14th, 2013, 3:56 am #5

Hey everyone,

Well, HKS make speedloaders, but the Safariland comp III's are the best and nearly all competitiors use Safariland holsters, over/under belt systems and 3 loader holders x 2.
Most of us use Safariland, but you can surf the net for custom holsters.
A good mat, a wristwatch that has a stop watch feature and of course a smoker will go a long way to get you shooting PPC better.

August 2nd, 2013, 12:31 am #6

Hey everyone,

Safariland are the best on the market. Others will be less quality.

Jack Bender
Jack Bender

August 18th, 2013, 10:55 pm #7

Hey everyone,

If yu cannot find the competition holster you like or need, contact me. I make a PPC front break holster for the PPC revolvers and semi-autos. My holster(s)will take just about any gun(bbl legnth specific of course. No plastic used. With or without a drop. If interested I will sent pics.
Price starts $85.00 plus shipping cost.
Jack Bender
jbcustom-leather@att.net

x-cop
x-cop

August 21st, 2013, 5:30 pm #8

Hey everyone,

If you cannot find what you need I can make up these items if you desire. You can contact me @ below email.

jbcustom-leather@att.net.

August 22nd, 2013, 10:22 pm #9

Hey everyone,

If you have not found what you need contact me I can possibly make up what you need.
jbcustom-leather@att.net contact

February 8th, 2014, 2:11 pm #10

Awesome