Handgun powder

Handgun powder

March 13th, 2014, 10:06 pm #1

For my information, how hard is it for those out there to get handgun/shotgun powder in your area?
Right now no one has it, retail or wholesale. Any suggestions?

March 14th, 2014, 2:24 pm #2

Here in Canada it's not that hard to get certain powders are a bit tricky to get
Most of the handgun powders are available but certain powders are back ordered and not available

March 14th, 2014, 9:59 pm #3

Just out of curiosity what brands are available in the way of powder for handguns and shotguns?
Who is your bullet head supplier?Jacket and lead?

March 14th, 2014, 10:28 pm #4

Here in Canada it's not that hard to get certain powders are a bit tricky to get
Most of the handgun powders are available but certain powders are back ordered and not available
Just out of curiosity what brands are available in the way of powder for handguns and shotguns?
Who is your bullet head supplier?Jacket and lead?

March 15th, 2014, 4:28 pm #5

Our ppc club deals with higginson powder company for powder we buy in group orders
We deal with custom reloading service and budget reloading supplies and canadian bdx
For bullets
A lot of us cast our own bullets

March 15th, 2014, 10:54 pm #6

Just went on the site and everything for handguns and shotgun powder that can be used for handguns is listed out of stock! What now?????
Same as in this country, and they are saying a year or more back ordered!
Primers are starting to show up again at least. Good luck.

March 15th, 2014, 11:26 pm #7

Luckily I bought a couple cans and a keg last year I'm good for powder for now
Of course some of the powders that I need are on back order and we can't get them

March 17th, 2014, 8:38 am #8

JB, Hogdon powder is manufactured in Australia and then rebranded

AS30N.................Clays
Trail Boss.............Trail Boss
AS50N.................International
AP70N.................Universal

I would seriously be looking at Winchester

WST

Aliant powders Bullseye or even Red dot at a pinch, I have had good results with most of the powders I have listed. Probably Universal may be a little slow for what you need, but a very good 9mm powder for those that shoot them.

Primers here aren't any better, I know of one shop that has 9 million on back order, and probably won't see 10% of that. I have the next 6 months planned out for matches and training, after that..... go fishing.

cheers

JB
JB

March 17th, 2014, 5:50 pm #9

Toney,
Thanks for the info. I have had WST backordered for over one year now and have been told about another year to 3years according to the backorders.
Also, heard Hodgdons had a plant fire that effected production. Used to be able to get Noble Sport powders, can find them anymore either. Already starting to gouge on prices.

December 27th, 2014, 3:48 pm #10

JB, Hogdon powder is manufactured in Australia and then rebranded

AS30N.................Clays
Trail Boss.............Trail Boss
AS50N.................International
AP70N.................Universal

I would seriously be looking at Winchester

WST

Aliant powders Bullseye or even Red dot at a pinch, I have had good results with most of the powders I have listed. Probably Universal may be a little slow for what you need, but a very good 9mm powder for those that shoot them.

Primers here aren't any better, I know of one shop that has 9 million on back order, and probably won't see 10% of that. I have the next 6 months planned out for matches and training, after that..... go fishing.

cheers
Anyone able to find powder?