Glasses Fogging Up

Winder
Winder

March 10th, 2008, 12:32 am #1

Hoping to squeeze a few more points out of my shooting this year. Having my glasses fog up definitely costs me points. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to prevent this. Do the wipes work or pre-coated lenses? Thanks.

PPC in CA
PPC in CA

March 10th, 2008, 8:50 pm #2

Move to CA where there is no humidity!!!

Winder
Winder

March 11th, 2008, 9:39 pm #3

No thanks, NY is bad enough.

Marc Cobb
Marc Cobb

April 7th, 2008, 11:05 pm #4

Hoping to squeeze a few more points out of my shooting this year. Having my glasses fog up definitely costs me points. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to prevent this. Do the wipes work or pre-coated lenses? Thanks.
birchwood casey makes a good anti fog in a pump spray,you have to reapply before each session. worked for me in Mississippi, home of humidity

sapper101
sapper101

December 22nd, 2008, 4:02 pm #5

Here is a trick that I use. Buy a bar of glycerine soap from Walgreens or your local store. Cut chunks of it into a small 35mm film container (for those that don't know what this is...this is what was used before digital photography). Place the container in the microwave for a short duration and it will melt the chunks into a mass. Now, you simply moisten your finger with water or saliva, rub them on the soap, and then rub that on the glasses. It is important to let the THIN film of glycerine soap dry. You dont need a thick layer, thinner is better. As soon as it dries, wipe it off with a soft cotton towel (cotton diaper clothes work great). Do not use a paper towel. This technique is quick and works. You can literally do it between stages if necessary.

CHP PPC
CHP PPC

April 4th, 2009, 6:22 pm #6

Check any scuba shop/web site and you can find "Sea Drops." They work for scuba masks, ski goggles, and any eyewear. It works great and lasts long.

June 29th, 2011, 9:05 am #7

Ordinary shawing foam works wunderful! Test it on half your bathroom mirror and take at hot shower!
You will be surprised.
Regards Håkan

Unregistered Member
Unregistered Member

June 29th, 2011, 9:48 pm #8

I have shooting glasses that does not fog up. email me if your interested. cbpokim@gmail.com