Getting started

Noel
Noel

September 3rd, 2002, 9:57 pm #1

I'd love to try my hand at PPC, but I haven't any idea how to start. I can't locate any clubs in my area, nor much information about the game at all.

Moreover, I'm not even sure if I'd be allowed shoot in a typical match -- I'm a civilian, and while I've heard that some clubs allow non-cops, many don't.

Anybody have any suggestions for me?

Dave
Dave

September 11th, 2002, 3:20 am #2

Without knowing you location I cannot suggest where you might shoot.

As for what you need to start, depending on class, any centerfire handgun of .38 cal/9mm or larger, 4+ magazines/speed loaders, a good holster and mag/speed loader pouch.

Kevin
Kevin

September 16th, 2002, 10:57 pm #3

If you're an NRA member, you get go to the Law Enforcement page on the NRA site. It has the sanctioned matches listed, and usually either a phone # or e-mail to get in touch with someone from the club. I know the range I shoot at generally lets anyone shoot in the monthly matcjes, and only restricts if it's state or regionals.

Jerry
Jerry

October 10th, 2002, 2:25 am #4

I'd love to try my hand at PPC, but I haven't any idea how to start. I can't locate any clubs in my area, nor much information about the game at all.

Moreover, I'm not even sure if I'd be allowed shoot in a typical match -- I'm a civilian, and while I've heard that some clubs allow non-cops, many don't.

Anybody have any suggestions for me?
The NRA would be your best bet.
If you can get hired by a security company you can shoot what's called the (Industral Class)