ENDANGERED REVOLVERS

June 25th, 2015, 3:22 am #1

PRETTY QUIET FROM NRA ON THE REVOLVER ISSUE STILL TRYING TO SHAKE IT OFF THEIR SHOE I SUSPECT.IT SEEMS EVERYONE THAT ATTENDED THE COMPETITORS MEETING AT NATIONALS DOESN'T REMEMBER ANYONE SUGGESTING DROPPING THE REVOLVER FROM THE PROGRAM,HOW CAN THAT BE WE ARE TOLD THIS HAPPENED DOES ANYONE HAVE THE MINUTES FROM THAT MEETING(JUST SAYING) SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE REVOLVERS THATS FOR SURE BUT LETS GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT ! IF YOU CHECK THE INFO FOR THIS YEARS NATIONALS YOU CAN ONLY SHOOT ONE GUN IN THE 1500 REVOLVER OR SEMI (DONE DEAL)AND ITS BEEN SHORTENED TO THREE DAYS,NO FIRED WORLD EVENT AND WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE.AS INFO LEAKS OUT IT KINDA REMINDS YOU OF ANOTHER STATEMENT (LETS PASS THIS SO WE CAN SEE WHATS IN IT.) COME ON FOLKS THEY READ THIS FORUM KEEP THIS GOING STEP UP AND VOICE YOUR CONCERNS DON'T JUST SIT ON YOUR HANDS DO SOMETHING!!!! (THEY DID) JERRY EASON NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

June 25th, 2015, 2:29 pm #2

Jerry, last year the registration for the Nationals came out and the team matches were an unfired match. There was not going to be any shooting on Thursday. Then when I picked up my registration packet the team matches were now a fired match, and on Thursday. So Mr. Hoyer's statement that contracts have been signed and it is too late to change anything is B.S!!!! They, the NRA, can and does change things at their convenience. I agree with you 100 %. If everyone doesn't get on the ball and start writing and making a big stink out of this, the NRA will win. The latest American Hunter just arrived and inside towards the back is a list of all the Board of Directors if anyone needs to look up who they are. Send a letter addressed to each and every one of the board members.

I honestly believe from attending the competitor meetings the past three years that it is 100 % the NRA trying or wanting to cut back the Nationals to three days. I don't know who Mr. Hoyer is talking to when he said he has talked to competitors and they all wanted to cut it back to three days. The complaints I hear is mainly the location and how long it takes to get there for a lot of the competitors, that is what is making the Nationals so long to go too. I for one look at it this way, now that I am there, I want to shoot everything I got to make it feel that it was worth travelling that far. Personally for me I am just 3 1/2 hours away from Albuquerque so I love where the Nationals are. But that is just me. I would travel to wherever the Nationals are held to be able to compete in what I once considered the pinnacle of PPC shooting. The way the NRA is treating the Nationals, I don't know how long I will still consider the Nationals as the pinnacle of our sport.

Hopefully everyone will make their voices heard. You are correct in that the NRA will keep silent on this hoping this goes away and we all just accept what has been pushed down our throats.

June 26th, 2015, 12:46 am #3

PRETTY QUIET FROM NRA ON THE REVOLVER ISSUE STILL TRYING TO SHAKE IT OFF THEIR SHOE I SUSPECT.IT SEEMS EVERYONE THAT ATTENDED THE COMPETITORS MEETING AT NATIONALS DOESN'T REMEMBER ANYONE SUGGESTING DROPPING THE REVOLVER FROM THE PROGRAM,HOW CAN THAT BE WE ARE TOLD THIS HAPPENED DOES ANYONE HAVE THE MINUTES FROM THAT MEETING(JUST SAYING) SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE REVOLVERS THATS FOR SURE BUT LETS GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT ! IF YOU CHECK THE INFO FOR THIS YEARS NATIONALS YOU CAN ONLY SHOOT ONE GUN IN THE 1500 REVOLVER OR SEMI (DONE DEAL)AND ITS BEEN SHORTENED TO THREE DAYS,NO FIRED WORLD EVENT AND WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE.AS INFO LEAKS OUT IT KINDA REMINDS YOU OF ANOTHER STATEMENT (LETS PASS THIS SO WE CAN SEE WHATS IN IT.) COME ON FOLKS THEY READ THIS FORUM KEEP THIS GOING STEP UP AND VOICE YOUR CONCERNS DON'T JUST SIT ON YOUR HANDS DO SOMETHING!!!! (THEY DID) JERRY EASON NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER
JPE,

As you know I lit it up last year about the team matches becoming paper matches. End result, team matches were back and there is a new rule in the rule book stating team matches at the Nationals MUST be separately fired.

I was one of the participants at last year's competitors meeting and can verify there was absolutely no discussion about phasing out the revolver over the next few years. I am not happy about this turn of events in the least.

It seems like every year for the last 4 or 5 years the folks at LEAD, or their bosses, have been trying to make BS changes, generally immediate before the Nationals. Remember, just a few years ago they tried reclassifying everyone "to make it fair for those who only shoot Stock auto" or some sort of BS reason. The impromptu competitors meeting we had at the range got ugly and Caine Robinson had to fly out from Virginia to tell the folks to restore everyone's classification.

I personally think a couple folks in the LEAD are purposely trying to kill off the PPC sport.

Mike Tangas, NRA Benefactor Life Member

Unregistered Member
Unregistered Member

June 29th, 2015, 4:11 pm #4

Has any of you recieved the survey from NRA-LE?

July 2nd, 2015, 3:25 pm #5

Some more feedback from a pretty good source, I cant name-"this deal with the revolvers is far from over. Apparently Hoyer skipped a few processes and did this much on his own. We'll see what happens".
The excretion has been certainly agitated and the smell not going away soon it seems.

July 2nd, 2015, 5:07 pm #6

JB your source may be the same as mine. Apparently some folks at NRA HQ. are not happy with what's going on either,decisions being made without HQ or board approval or knowledge. Just like the NPSC team matches last year being listed as a paper match until Mike Tangas and many others protested loudly enough to get it changed back to a fired match as it should be.Un fortunately the World Team Matches are still listed as a paper match this year and should also be a fired match.An interesting side note to all this NRA TPC info lists approved handgun for competition to be either semi auto or (REVOLVER)now everyone knows that nobody in LE is using a revolver as a duty firearm LET ALONE WANTING TO COMPETE WITH ONE RIGHT?. (JUST KEEP MOVING FOLKS NOTHING TO SEE HERE!) So lets keep those cards and letters coming in. Maybe someone will have the courage to drop the hammer after all it's almost INDEPENDANCE DAY. Jerry Eason

July 3rd, 2015, 5:58 am #7

Some more feedback from a pretty good source, I cant name-"this deal with the revolvers is far from over. Apparently Hoyer skipped a few processes and did this much on his own. We'll see what happens".
The excretion has been certainly agitated and the smell not going away soon it seems.
Sir, If your "source" info is remotely correct I can verify that very shortly the President, 1st and 2nd Vice Presidents, the Executive Vice President and ALL of the Board of Directors of the NRA will know what is happening to our sport.

To be polite I did provide a cc copy to both Hoyer and Lipp, because I'm a nice guy.

Next I will be contacting the match sponsors in multiple states to get them in on the fun.

July 3rd, 2015, 6:09 am #8

THE SUITS ARE PROBABLY OUT OF THEIR OFFICES FOR THE 4TH SO WHEN THEY RETURN NEXT WEEK THE REAL FIREWORKS SHOULD BEGIN.HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY YOU'LL. THANKS MIKE! JERRY

JIM P (FROM COMMIE LAND)
JIM P (FROM COMMIE LAND)

July 3rd, 2015, 8:17 pm #9

FIRST I AGREE WITH ALMOST EVERYTHING MIKE AND JERRY HAVE TO SAY. NOW THAT BEING SAID.

I DO UNDERSTAND TRYING TO SHORTEN THE NATIONALS. BUT NOT FOR THE PURPOSE OF LENGTHENING OR DIVERTING TO THE T.P.C.. WHICH I BELIEVE IS THE INTENT.

MY SUGGESTION IS TO HAVE ONLY 1 1500,SERVICE AND OD MATCH. YOU THE SHOOTER DECIDE WHAT GUN YOU WANT TO COMPETE WITH FOR EVERY MATCH. BE IT REVOLVER OR AUTO AND USE YOUR CLASSIFICATION FOR THAT GUN ACCORDINGLY. THAT WAY NEW SHOOTERS (PRIMARILY AUTO TRAINED) WOULD ONLY HAVE TO BUY 1 GUN TO BE COMPETITIVE. A 6" AUTO WITH A TRISET REAR THAT CAN BE USED FOR OPEN AND DISTINGUISHED AUTO. THEY WOULD HAVE A DUTY GUN FOR SERVICE AND AN OFF DUTY GUN. SHOTGUNS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PROVIDED AND WOULD CONTINUE TO DO SO.

YOU CAN STILL HAVE 2 DISTINGUISHED BADGES REVOLVER AND AUTO. JUST 1 DISTINGUISHED MATCH AT THE NPSC, SHOOT WHAT YOU WANT, MAYBE ALLOW YOU TO SHOOT EACH. AND STILL HAVE THE CLASSIFICATION'S FOR ALL THE GUNS.

MY HOPE IS THAT WITH THE REDUCED COST OF NEW EQUIPMENT IT WOULD STIMULATE NEW SHOOTERS ATTENDANCE. AND BRING BACK PLENTY OF OLDER REVOLVER SHOOTERS WHO DON'T HAVE THE TIME OR MONEY (RETIRED LIKE ME,NOW ENJOYING DAY #2 OF RETIREMENT)OR DESIRE TO BUY OR SHOOT THE AUTOS.

AS IT STANDS NOW I HAVE 7 GUNS TO BRING TO THE NATIONALS. IT'S CRAZY.

JUST THINK HOW MANY OF US HAVE 5" DISTINGUISHED AUTOS SITTING AROUND DOING NOTHING. HELL,I HAVE A FULL SET OF AUTOS IN 9MM AND .45.I'M SURE PLENTY OF YOU GUYS DO TOO. REMEMBER WHEN YOU HAD TO HAVE A CORRECT LENGTH HOLSTER FOR EACH GUN AT JACKSON? I SURLY DO . BECAUSE I HAD JUST BOUGHT MY OD REVOLVER HOLSTER AT PEARL AND THAN DIDN'T NEED IT AT JACKSON. IT'S STILL SITTING IN THE BOX.

LET US DECIDE WHAT WE WANT TO SHOOT. NOT HAVE A BUREAUCRAT DECIDE FOR US.THEY'RE LIKE THE IRS. NO ONE BEING HELD ACCOUNTABLE. AT LEAST WE CAN VOTE OUT A BUREAUCRAT IN POLITICS. WE HAVE NO VOICE OF REASON HERE. I DON'T THINK WE NEED DICTATORSHIP, BUT THAT'S WHAT WE'VE GOT.

JIM P
(THANK YOU COACH DITKA. I WILL SIT QUIETLY AND WAIT FOR YOUR REPLY. )

July 4th, 2015, 2:08 am #10

THE SUITS ARE PROBABLY OUT OF THEIR OFFICES FOR THE 4TH SO WHEN THEY RETURN NEXT WEEK THE REAL FIREWORKS SHOULD BEGIN.HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY YOU'LL. THANKS MIKE! JERRY
FIRST I AGREE WITH ALMOST EVERYTHING MIKE AND JERRY HAVE TO SAY. NOW THAT BEING SAID.

I DO UNDERSTAND TRYING TO SHORTEN THE NATIONALS. BUT NOT FOR THE PURPOSE OF LENGTHENING OR DIVERTING TO THE T.P.C.. WHICH I BELIEVE IS THE INTENT.

MY SUGGESTION IS TO HAVE ONLY 1 1500,SERVICE AND OD MATCH. YOU THE SHOOTER DECIDE WHAT GUN YOU WANT TO COMPETE WITH FOR EVERY MATCH. BE IT REVOLVER OR AUTO AND USE YOUR CLASSIFICATION FOR THAT GUN ACCORDINGLY. THAT WAY NEW SHOOTERS (PRIMARILY AUTO TRAINED) WOULD ONLY HAVE TO BUY 1 GUN TO COMPETITIVE. A 6" AUTO WITH A TRISET REAR THAT CAN BE USED FOR OPEN AND DISTINGUISHED AUTO. THEY WOULD HAVE A DUTY GUN FOR SERVICE AND AN OFF DUTY GUN. SHOTGUNS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PROVIDED AND WOULD CONTINUE TO DO SO.

YOU CAN STILL HAVE 2 DISTINGUISHED BADGES REVOLVER AND AUTO. JUST 1 DISTINGUISHED MATCH AT THE NPSC, SHOOT WHAT YOU WANT, MAYBE ALLOW YOU TO SHOOT EACH. AND STILL HAVE THE CLASSIFICATION'S FOR ALL THE GUNS.

MY HOPE IS THAT WITH THE REDUCED COST OF NEW EQUIPMENT IT WOULD STIMULATE NEW SHOOTERS ATTENDANCE. AND BRING BACK PLENTY OF OLDER REVOLVER SHOOTERS WHO DON'T HAVE THE TIME OR MONEY (RETIRED LIKE ME,NOW ENJOYING DAY #2 OF RETIREMENT)OR DESIRE TO BUY OR SHOOT THE AUTOS.

AS IT STANDS NOW I HAVE 7 GUNS TO BRING TO THE NATIONALS. IT'S CRAZY.

JUST THINK HOW MANY OF US HAVE 5" DISTINGUISHED AUTOS SITTING AROUND DOING NOTHING. HELL,I HAVE A FULL SET OF AUTOS IN 9MM AND .45.I'M SURE PLENTY OF YOU GUYS DO TOO. REMEMBER WHEN YOU HAD TO HAVE A CORRECT LENGTH HOLSTER FOR EACH GUN AT JACKSON? I SURLY DO . BECAUSE I HAD JUST BOUGHT MY OD REVOLVER HOLSTER AT PEARL AND THAN DIDN'T NEED IT AT JACKSON. IT'S STILL SITTING IN THE BOX.

LET US DECIDE WHAT WE WANT TO SHOOT. NOT HAVE A BUREAUCRAT DECIDE FOR US.THEY'RE LIKE THE IRS. NO ONE BEING HELD ACCOUNTABLE. AT LEAST WE CAN VOTE OUT A BUREAUCRAT IN POLITICS. WE HAVE NO VOICE OF REASON HERE. I DON'T THINK WE NEED DICTATORSHIP, BUT THAT'S WHAT WE'VE GOT.

JIM P
(THANK YOU COACH DITKA. I WILL SIT QUIETLY AND WAIT FOR YOUR REPLY. )