Bill Davis Passing

April 11th, 2016, 5:30 pm #1

Sad news! Bill Davis has Passed away, this morning I believe. No details as yet. He was a great PPC Champion ,innovator, Business man ,team mate, and friend. The PPC World has lost another great one, as has the firearms industry. I suspect Bill and Jim Collins have scheduled a match soon and will again match each other shot for shot as always, along with all the other PPC shooters invited to the match.

April 11th, 2016, 11:16 pm #2

Sorry to hear this. I had talked to Bill about 2-3 mos ago, said he was going thru some treatments but didn't elaborate and doing good. Reminiscing about the 4 Queens matches in Vegas and good days.
Bill was one of a kind. Hope they have his brand of cigars where he is.

April 12th, 2016, 12:12 am #3

Sad to hear this bill and I had chatted a fair bit on the phone about PPC and he gave a few good tips

April 12th, 2016, 12:44 pm #4

Very sad news. Bill was a truly great man. He will be missed, and his contributions to PPC will last forever.

Unregistered Member
Unregistered Member

April 13th, 2016, 7:28 pm #5

Didn't Jim Cirillo shoot PPC?

One more name could come up with God's 4 man team, as I am sure they are all with St Michael looking after His range.

RIP and thank you Bill for your contribution!

April 13th, 2016, 7:36 pm #6

Very sad news. Bill was a truly great man. He will be missed, and his contributions to PPC will last forever.
Did not Jim Cirillo shoot PPC?

Those 3 names would be the basis for God's 4 man team. Along with St Michael, they can look after His house and range.

RIP and thanks Bill for your contribution!

April 13th, 2016, 7:41 pm #7

Sorry can't edit, and I was thinking 2, but my fingers hit 3.

Still RIP Bill and all those that went before.

April 21st, 2016, 2:33 am #8

Sad news! Bill Davis has Passed away, this morning I believe. No details as yet. He was a great PPC Champion ,innovator, Business man ,team mate, and friend. The PPC World has lost another great one, as has the firearms industry. I suspect Bill and Jim Collins have scheduled a match soon and will again match each other shot for shot as always, along with all the other PPC shooters invited to the match.
As a young trooper/Shooter going to the NRA PPC Nationals in Des Moines, IA 1985, I met Mr Bill Davis. He was bigger than life especially after just reading the Davis WindMaster article in a gun magazine. In fact the writer was at the Nationals shooting for the U S Customs.
I would shoot my match then run up to the Armory and go through the Vendors Row oowwwing over all of the PPC revolvers that Mr Bill had brought from California.
I finally wore him down, after fingering every one of his revolvers, and he agreed to trade me for one of the Windmasters.
The rest you can say is history.
Mr Bill might have seen something in me but I don't know because I was a young worry wart for him, but he went out of his way and treated me just like he did everybody else. He was a very generous man who loved to help people.
I called him and told him I wanted to swap that barrel for a more rounded bottom barrel, he swapped it out and called it the "Hemphill" contour after my Large butt I think
Bill, I love you and will always remember you and your generous nature.
Philip

April 21st, 2016, 6:03 am #9

Very nice Philip. I remember it exactly as you describe it. JPE

April 21st, 2016, 11:18 am #10

I never had the pleasure meeting Mr Davis. I did talk to him on the phone buying a few grip from him. I thought it was cool that he was still taking orders himself. RIP Sir.