doug
doug

May 27th, 2007, 4:34 am #11

I have been telling cadets at the police academy for years the definition of trigger control (continuous pressure straight to the rear until the gun fires). But I remember when I first started shooting a revolver, I thought it was really cool that I could snatch the trigger back to the second click then ease it on back to fire. A very wise HighMaster named Bobby Reed taught me that once the trigger starts to the rear it should continue to the rear without stopping or hesitation. As hard headed as I was, I could see that Bobby had become a Highmaster back in the 70's and could still shoot the pants off alot of the young whippersnappers today. You can have the perfect (grip, stance, sight alignment, and sight picture) but you have to pull the trigger in a manner as not to disturb all that cool stuff you've done. One deliberate continuous movement is the only way to do it. Highmaster ppc50 speaks profoundly. Message heard, accepted and hopefully practiced.

AMEN

PPCKen
PPCKen

June 18th, 2007, 3:24 pm #12

This is for HIGH MASTER PPC 50 - I do not know who you are, but next time you are in the KC area I owe you a beer/coke/ice tea or whatever! I have always been watching my sights by trying to keep an equal amount of white on both sides of the front sight - then I tried your method of keeping (watching) the alignment of the front sight level with the rear. I have been practicing your method almost exclusively at 50 yards for the past three weeks or so. Last Saturday I shot a 237 in match #3 [a personal high]and a 293 in match #5b (due mainly to 2 x 8's in the quick six - like I've said elsewhere in this post - the quick 6 just seems to bite me in most matches!!) So, thanks alot for your advice. It is well received and appreciated. ken

Mike
Mike

June 19th, 2007, 5:26 pm #13

The hardest part about the quick 6 is remembering to switch your sights back to 25 yards.

www.vtppc.com

June 22nd, 2007, 1:00 am #14

I've been hitting between 224-231 practice scores for Match 3 at the 50. I want consistant 230-235 scores. Any Masters or High Masters have any advise or remember what finally broke you into this range or better?

I think most of my problem is that my neck hold is becoming a face hold before if get off all six rounds. I seem to be missing most high but when I sight in (no time limit standing barricade) I can hit the X. How often should I be checking my sight picture from the 50 VS concentrating on only front sight?

Thanks
Ken
Check here at Midway. It'll be backordered but this is the cheapest for John Pride's PPC Video.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eclearance.exe ... andid=1977

June 22nd, 2007, 1:01 am #15

WHERE CAN I GET THE VIDEO? IF ANYONE KNOWS, POST IT. MY WIFE IS ALSO ASKING THE CHRISTMAS PRESENT QUESTIONS.

ppcmaster
ppcmaster

July 3rd, 2007, 3:58 pm #16

Check here at Midway. It'll be backordered but this is the cheapest for John Pride's PPC Video.

Hello Everyone,
Great post I must add and fantastic advice from High master. Just have to add another question. This is in fact great for the revovler but what about the Auto? AHve a great holiday everyone.

October 30th, 2007, 1:02 am #17

I've been hitting between 224-231 practice scores for Match 3 at the 50. I want consistant 230-235 scores. Any Masters or High Masters have any advise or remember what finally broke you into this range or better?

I think most of my problem is that my neck hold is becoming a face hold before if get off all six rounds. I seem to be missing most high but when I sight in (no time limit standing barricade) I can hit the X. How often should I be checking my sight picture from the 50 VS concentrating on only front sight?

Thanks
Ken
The trick with me was to shoot a perfect score with a 2 1/2" barrel. Once I mastered that, using my match gun was a piece of cake. Doesn't matter where on the target you aim, but pick one and stay with it.

Robert

Doug
Doug

October 30th, 2007, 1:49 am #18

A 240 in match 3 with a 2 1/2" barrel? That's impressive. The problem we are having is shooting 235 with a bull gun. Any advice would be appreciated.

January 3rd, 2008, 2:22 am #19

I loaned my copy to one of you (CPPA members) years ago. Anyone want to confess who has it? Anyway, I saw John shoot a near perfect 1500 (1499 - 100 something X)at the California Police Summer Games (Modesto, CA, I think). Of course, being a fairly new shooter at that time, and easily impressed, I asked John, "HOW" do you shoot like that???? His answer????

" I DON'T SHOOT MANY NINES"

So Ken, buy the video, watch it SEVERAL times (Don't loan it to anybody), go out there, and, " Don't shoot many nines".

January 4th, 2014, 1:22 am #20

I got the video it's awesome