ROUND #2 - BATTLE ROUND

twitch
twitch

August 11th, 2014, 1:45 am #1

"Congratulations remaining contestants, you have now advanced into the Battle Round."

B A T T L E • R O U N D

The Battle Round of a Coordinating Contest, although not possessing the same amount of points as the Appeal Round, still certainly can make or break your success. Each contestant is given five posts before the match ends. Using one of the pokemon that starred in the Appeal Round, a pokemon battle will occur between the two contestants. But there is something important to keep in mind with this stage of the competition. Winning the match is not what matters here. Sure, a few extra points will be awarded if knock out does occur, but it is more important for you to display to the judges how resourceful and graceful your pokemon is even whilst battling. Grace, poise, and smarts will earn you the majority of points in the battle round - NOT knocking out the opposing pokemon with sheer brute force.

Also, after each competitor has posted three times, a terrain switch will occur that your pokemon must deal with skillfully and, again, with the utmost poise and creativity.

Coordinators will be judged based on the following criteria:

Resourcefulness = __/5
Terrain Adjustment = __/5

Extra +3 if they manage to knock out the opponent

Total = __/10 or __/13 (if knock out occurs)

The Battle Round follows the same set of rules a regular match would. Three moves per post, no assuming a move has made contact, and no ignoring or not reacting to a move your opponent has executed. Reviewing the Battle & Training Guide before beginning would be a wise move.

Spectators are allowed to post their reactions to appeals within this thread so long as they put this at the top of all their posts:

Code: Select all

[color=beige][size=7]SPECTATOR - - -[/size][/color]
I T ' S A H A R D N A C H T L I F E

• <a href=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_Nacht/index.php?showtopic=24>clarke vance</a>
• <a href=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_Nacht/index.php?showtopic=153>bianca acton</a>

Dixie Duvall

August 16th, 2014, 9:29 pm #2

%mh%-55%mh%

September 21st, 2014, 5:17 am #3

Keep Running....

((Bianca: (("-Soph slowly creeps up from under the bed at like 2:00am and stares like >:[- ........WHY ARE YOU AVOIDING ME BIANCA.-" "-heartattack-")) %mh%-290%mh%

Dixie Duvall

October 14th, 2014, 1:02 am #4

%mh%-55%mh%

October 16th, 2014, 5:39 am #5

Keep Running....

((Bianca: (("-Soph slowly creeps up from under the bed at like 2:00am and stares like >:[- ........WHY ARE YOU AVOIDING ME BIANCA.-" "-heartattack-")) %mh%-290%mh%

Dixie Duvall

October 17th, 2014, 3:50 am #6

%mh%-55%mh%

November 9th, 2014, 5:14 am #7

Keep Running....

Dixie Duvall

November 20th, 2014, 6:46 am #8

%mh%-55%mh%

November 21st, 2014, 6:38 am #9

Keep Running....