Upcoming Zetaboards conversion to Tapatalk

Elemental Knight
Pokémon Trainer
Elemental Knight
Pokémon Trainer

July 11th, 2018, 3:09 am #1

Hey folks! We wanted to inform you that we've recently received word that Zetaboards is in the process of converting their discussion boards to Tapatalk. It's a big change, and we're still learning details as Zetaboards gets them to us.

Some things that we know right now, though:
  • Unless something goes horribly wrong, none of the posts on the forum should go anywhere. So any existing games, homebrew, threads, and discussions should be fine.
  • Tapatalk does not appear to have a Shoutbox or a Portal. So those features may be going away entirely, unfortunately.
  • Tapatalk is providing support for forums with custom CSS and other features. The exact nature and form of this is still being worked on, so we aren't 100% clear on what it will look like in its final form. This means the forums will look very different (and very generic) once the changeover happens, and we'll start making it more like the home we're used to.
  • Because the blog is a separate website basically, it should be totally unaffected by this change.
Unfortunately, one thing we don't know yet is when this will happen. They've started converting some of the larger and less-customized boards, so I suspect it'll be sooner rather than later.

It bears repeating that, when this changeover happens, the forums are going to look different for a while. We'll be working to get them more personalized and Pokemon-ified again, but they'll likely always look a little bit different from today.

We'll try to keep you all appraised of the situation, and let you know of details as we learn them. But we didn't want anyone to get caught off-guard in case the transition happened suddenly.

Please feel free to ask any questions or voice any concerns. We don't have all the answers, but we're going to work to keep this community together.
Last edited by Elemental Knight on July 11th, 2018, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out EK's Homebrew Index for a list of all the Pokemon Tabletop stuff I've done!
It includes new Pokemon, rulesets, resources, modules, generators, tools, logs of my own campaigns, and much more.
...As well as, of course, a link to the Excel Pokemon Generator thread.
And just to be 100% clear: I might be an Administrator on these forums, but I am absolutely not a Developer of PTA or PTU.
Everything I make is homebrew, non-canon, and unofficial.
Speaking of: Check out my homebrew Zelda Tabletop system, Reclaim the Wild.

Elemental Knight
Pokémon Trainer
Elemental Knight
Pokémon Trainer

July 17th, 2018, 11:59 pm #2

On a related note, I've taken the opportunity to prune the In-Character forums and archive all the games that have been left inactive - which amounts to basically all of them. I haven't deleted any of those games, though.

We'll have to see if we can still do any kind of dice-rolling on the forums once they switch to Tapatalk. Hopefully, we can figure out a way to do that.
Check out EK's Homebrew Index for a list of all the Pokemon Tabletop stuff I've done!
It includes new Pokemon, rulesets, resources, modules, generators, tools, logs of my own campaigns, and much more.
...As well as, of course, a link to the Excel Pokemon Generator thread.
And just to be 100% clear: I might be an Administrator on these forums, but I am absolutely not a Developer of PTA or PTU.
Everything I make is homebrew, non-canon, and unofficial.
Speaking of: Check out my homebrew Zelda Tabletop system, Reclaim the Wild.

DataNinja
Pokémon Trainer
DataNinja
Pokémon Trainer

August 31st, 2018, 2:03 am #3

We now have an official timeline, give-or-take. The Zetaboard servers will be shut off as of September 27th, so this forum will be converted before then. During that time, our custom domain will likely become unlinked, so you may need to access this forum with either

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Pokemon_Tabletop/ (Hopefully this should properly redirect when the time comes.) or
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/pokemon ... /index.php? (I'm not sure if this will properly lead to the site once it's converted. Currently it leads to the beta site, where you can look around, but no changes will be saved.)
Last edited by DataNinja on August 31st, 2018, 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.