[PTX][Misc] The Allerius Project DLC Homebrew

Raxun
Pokémon Trainer
Raxun
Pokémon Trainer

May 15th, 2018, 11:38 pm #1

So here we are... I'm posting this here now as my project gets under way.

Just a quick few things first:

1) Hi! I'm Raxun, Raxunite, or Rax as people around the internet call me. I've been watching the Pokemon Table top Scene expand over the past two years(?). I reckon a few of you here have already heard this story but it was the Loading Crew's Pokemon Table Top livestreams that got me interested enough to go as far as making my own stuff for you guys. Anyway that's enough about my intro on this point.

2) Let me clarify what the Allerius Project is actually about. The Project is supposed to be like DLC for Modern and Future TTRPG settings. My intention is that any GM running a game set in modern day or the future can borrow my assets and use them to give his or her players a break from the main story and do some leveling if the players aren't growing as fast or as immersively as the GM or the story requires. So it is with this that I say...

Let the Project Begin...

Raxun
Pokémon Trainer
Raxun
Pokémon Trainer

May 15th, 2018, 11:45 pm #2

So Just to start things off... I'll be using this forum to update anyone who is interested in the project on how far it's gotten and hopefully when the entire thing will be done. I'm not the greatest designer, and anyone who is interested in helping out let me know.

But for now, know that over the past two week's I've been working on the Project's main attraction: Allerius City. The Map is going to be huge, (It has to be, the entire story will take place in the city so a lot of work has to go in it.) so I hope people will be patient and wait for some sneak peeks later.

Raxun
Pokémon Trainer
Raxun
Pokémon Trainer

May 17th, 2018, 2:20 pm #3

Hey there. Time for the first update! So...

Yesterday I finished the city center and started working on the south-eastern beach. The assets I am using are from pokemon essentials for rpgmaker XP which is (I think) fire red and leaf green assets? Anyway today shall be spent looking for new and different assets that can compliment that style and change things up. If anyone has a lead on those kinds of assets please point me in that direction.

Welp back to work...

Raxun
Pokémon Trainer
Raxun
Pokémon Trainer

May 19th, 2018, 1:03 pm #4

Hey there! I've made a decision. I am scrapping the original map in RPGMaker for a better design in MapTools. This will allow me to take advantage of the huge number of sprites that a certain ElementalKnight gathered up for everyone earlier. Converting those sprites to ones that would fit on RPGMaker was a hassle so I'm just converting to a new platform.

Also I decided to let you guys in on the design I'm working on for Allerius City.

Allerius City will be divided up in a 3X3 grid consisting of 8 surrounding districts and the central city. Part of the rules for the campaign is that each district has a different type associated with it. Moves that share the type will get a damage boost while in that district. In the central district ALL types gain a damage boost and require some strategy. For now I intended to make each district a massive 200X200 map, So if anyone is interested in taking a district off my hands and wants to be a co-creator let me know soon.

For now let me know what your thoughts are.

Raxun
Pokémon Trainer
Raxun
Pokémon Trainer

June 14th, 2018, 11:55 pm #5

Im putting this on hold for a bit while I work on something else. Sorry.