[PTU] Extremely Unofficial PTU 1.05 'Balance Patch'

Thrice
Pokémon Trainer

June 23rd, 2017, 6:32 pm #1

NOTE: Feel free to peruse these posts, but I won't be updating them any more - unless I just really feel like it. The character limit is kind of creeping up on them, and it's kind of a pain to browse through anyway, so I've moved the actual in-progress edits to a Google Docs file. You're still more than welcome to comment on stuff in here, and I'd prefer it if you did! I'll add ability to comment on the Google Doc itself if it's requested, but tbh I'll check here way more often and it'll be more obvious, probably.

So there've been a lot of musings about how X Class is weaker than the rest, and with the advent of the knowledge that PTU will be getting a reboot instead of continuing on to 1.06, I decided to post my own fixings that I use in my games. I've already got 'em sitting around, so why not? Note, I am not at all related to the Developers of PTU in any way. I think forever ago I said something about Survivalist's Urban Terrain Talent granting a bonus to Jump, and that got in, and that's about as much impact as I've had on this system. Still, I like to think I've developed a...decent grip on balance and mechanics, but you be the judge.

These changes mostly deal with Classes from the core book and Game of Throhs, along with a few Moves, and maybe a couple of Abilities. Now, to note, I tried not to directly -nerf- any Classes here, I only buffed the weaker Classes or Features and adjusted some of the outdated ones to match the newer playtests. There are a few that I think might warrant nerfs, but I haven't seen too many of those in action, so it's hard to judge. Note that my release of this doesn't mean I think the core game is horridly unplayable or anything of the sort, these are just changes I've used that have gone over well with my players.

Most of these changes have been playtested, and the ones that haven't been should still be fine. Coordinator and Style Expert received some slightly more significant changes; all the Contest stuff is still there, but since those are so rare, there are also more Battle effects. I'll be listing entire Classes here, even if I only changed a couple of Features, but it's all in Spoiler tags and the changes are for the most part listed in the Patch Notes down below, so forgive me. One last caveat: I generally allow all Classes to grant Stat Tags, as my games involve a heavier slice of Trainer Combat and fantasy aspects than most, so if you see them on a Class you don't believe should get them(such as, Coordinator), feel free to ignore them.

This will be continued in a 2nd and 3rd post bc fuck me this is too long for even TWO posts.

HP Change: HP is no longer incorporated into Base Stat Relation. It does not need to remain below other Stats, and other Stats do not need to remain below it. I highly recommend using this change even if you use absolutely nothing else in this entire 'patch'. For most Pokemon, this just enables slightly easier tanking capabilities. For some, like Diglett, it literally makes them at all viable.
[+] Spoiler
Spark Master: For Storm Wizard, Thunder Wave is changed from Rank 3 to Rank 2. Magnet Rise is added to Rank 3.(see Altered Moves below)

Wind Runner: For Raging Winds Rank 1, change Aerial Ace to Wing Attack(see Altered Moves below); for Rank 2, change Bounce to Drill Peck.

Miasmic: Corrupt Blood slightly changed:
[+] Spoiler
[+Defense]
Prerequisites: Miasmic
Static
Effect: You are immune to the Poisoned and Badly Poisoned statuses and resist Poison-type attacks one step further. You are treated as if you were Poison-Type for the conditional effects of Items, Moves, Features, and Abilities.(this does not grant you STAB).
[+] Spoiler
Cheerleader: The changes in the Playtest nerfed the class a little too much, but I liked the general aesthetic, so I powered that version up. You can now Cheer up to 3 people as a Swift Action, or a Free Action with Orders. Reworked Bring It On! so that it doesn't require an AP from the Cheerleader every single time. Beefed up Go, Fight, Win! so that it has a more tangible and immediate effect. They now get Helping Hand, too, so they can always help out in some way, and turn their Pokemon into little mini-Cheerleaders. Overall, the Class isn't quite at the power level it once was, but I think that's for the best.

Enduring Soul: A bit of an undertaking, as this Class was notorious for being a bit behind the curve, especially compared to the actual Stat Aces. I felt like trying to focus entirely on HP and making it an 'HP Ace' wouldn't reflect how the Class was meant to actually play, so I focused on beefing up its existing Features. Regardless, the Base Feature is on par with the Stat Ace ones now, Staying Power makes Taking A Breather not the absolute worst thing you could ever possibly attempt, Shrug Off grants the updated-to-be-worthwhile Walk It Off Feature, and the ability to Tutor that to your Pokemon, as an Ability. Awareness reduces Tick damage, and Resilience is free now, even if it's limited. Overall, the Class buffs both Trainer and Pokemon now, giving them some more, well, staying power.

Dragon Ace: There were a lot of complaints about this being possibly the weakest Type Ace, and I agreed. I liked where the Devs were coming from with Highlander, but I expanded the feat to give bonuses against various Types, to truly make Dragon Aces the kings of their domain. This Will Not Stand in particular was gutted and wholesale replaced. That feat's given me a lot of balancing headaches, but I think it should be in a good place now.

Earth Shaker: Put simply, this was...well, still is, kind of a boring Class. Also, it only had 6 Feats for some reason. I gave it some more options in Abilities(Mud Dweller) and Moves, so now purely Special Earth Shakers are possible. The new wall Feature along with Spikes and the amped-up Earthshifter gives the Class some much-needed battlefield control. Honestly, if I were designing the Class from the ground up(hah), I'd probably put a lot more focus on control and defense, but as it is, I'm satisfied.

Occultist Researcher: Oh yeah, this needed some major reworking. Seriously, this was the worst Class/Branch in the entire game, bar none. It's still niche, but at least it excels in that niche now. The Class is no longer worthless if there aren't any Psychics around, with a few generic effects like the Forewarn Ability and bonuses vs Volatile Statuses that should benefit it in more situations. And, it still serves as a very powerful foil to the three occult Types.

Artificer: Gave some mechanical benefit to holding onto those Shards, other than just using Judgment. Buffed Rainbow Light, kind of. You can now use it and still take a Standard, but you lose your Shift and Swift. The Recipes are all still the same.

Pokemon Caretaking: Another of the worst Classes in the game! I don't feel Re-Balancing really requires a cost; Ace Trainers can get a similar benefit for a GAIN of TP. This One's Special really needed some mechanical groundings, because leaving it completely up to the GM(it's still partially hinged on them) leaves far too much swing room for the Feat's power. The Exp Bonus is there to help hatched Pokemon catch up, especially in conjunction with Baby Food. They shouldnt' be at much of a disadvantage there anymore.

Chronicler: Some small adjustments: small buff to Profile Archive so that it grants a +1 Accuracy; Targeted Profiling only costs 1 AP, but grants only a +1 bonus(which is amended by the buff to the Archive itself); removed Perception since you can now get it as a General Feature. Observation Party buffed, Profile Archive given more flexibility as to what rolls it boosts.

Fashionista: Not much changed; a few of the craftable items were buffed to be more on-par with regular Hold Items. The Designer Ability is powerful, but I felt it too fitting to not throw on there. Obviously, don't let players give the outfit to Shedinja, unless you really want that evil on you.

Coordinator: A big goal here was to give the Class some added combat functionality, because I dunno about you, but Contests almost never come up in any games I've played. Basically, I just expanded the previously Contest-only Feats to their logical Battle-related conclusions. You can now swap around 10 stat points on a Pokemon when you use Flexible Preparations, and Adaptable Performance is...well just read it. Oh, and I beefed up the base Feat, because rerolling damage is not as great as it seems with most Moves in this game. I'm a little sketchy on Adaptable Performance, but I don't think it can create too many effects that aren't mirrored in the game already.

Stone Warrior: A little on the weaker side of the Elementalists, though not to the extent of the Earth Shaker. Adding in Accelerock gives it some more versatility, and the extra Accuracy on Rock Moves ought to help. Added Cave Crasher as an option for Abilities, and now all four available Abilities are very powerful, so there should be problems there.

Rider: A few Quality of Life buffs, like easy Interception between Mounts/Mountees, Rock Head replacing Run Up(as it got melded together), and the ability to use Area of Effect Special Moves with said Rock Head, so that the Rider isn't locked into Physical mounts.

Juggler: Honestly I didn't think the Class needed a buff, but Juggling Show doesn't fit in with the rest of the Feats, and an on-demand weaker Natural Cure/Regenerator really helps the Class' weakness to Status and big hits. The base Feat now includes Quick Switch as a gifted feat, but the +10 Initiative bonus was moved to Emergency Release to keep it from being -too- good of a dip. And also because +10 Initiative is -really- strong in the early game.

Fairy Ace: Most of the Branch is great, but the capstone was pretty lackluster, and also confusingly worded. I tried to fix that, mostly by making it not a zero-sum Feat.

Fighting Ace: Gave a little bonus to Close-Quarters Mastery and Brawler, really forcing the niche of being smack right next to your opponents, and rewarding Attacks of Opportunity/punishing foes more for ignoring you.

Psychic Ace: Switched up Mindbreak so that a Psychic Ace doesn't have to rely on Psychic Resonance for a little extra damage. Now you get a bonus for knowing Status Moves, and deal a good bit of extra damage against afflicted foes.

Athlete: Some small buffs to Training Regime and Coaching, and they can now get Hold Back(aka, False Swipe) and Bide. Since Twisted Power is now a general Feat, training Special Attack lets an Athlete pick between Physical or Special with their Moves.

Roughneck: Made the base Feat a Free Action so that you can actually use it with the other Feats, buffed up Menace since Flinch is much weaker now, and made Fearsome Display truly deserve its name.

Survivalist: Small buffs here and there; more Move Options for Natural Fighter, along with the ability to use them as either Physical or Special Moves. Wilderness Guide was made a Shift Action, and given a few consolation buffs.

Commander: Rolled the old Battle Conductor and Scheme Twist into one Feat, since they were really similar, and ditched the old Tip The Scales, since you probably won't need more targets than you can already get with Battle Conductor. Gave the Class some in-class Combat Stage buffing ability, and a bit more mobilization in Rally. Most importantly, swapped some of the Features around, so you no longer get access to the powerful Orders at level 1. Also, Strike Again is replaced with a different Order; one that's still powerful, but doesn't break the action economy.

Style Expert: Again, a focus on making the class more Battle-Friendly. I changed up most of the 'capstone' Feats for the Experts to give them more usage options. Base feat rewards Pokemon with extra damage or Evasion for using Contest-Type-Aligned Moves. Enticing Beauty reworked, is now a multi-target Infatuate. The old version replicated an extremely cheap item, and I didn't feel that was worth a whole Feat. Maybe an Edge somewhere down the line.
Cool Expert's "Rule Of Cool" can't be blocked by Interrupts or Protect anymore, so that it's not a 100% gamble whether you just wasted a Feat or not. Action Hero Stunt can be used for in-battle checks, to give it more consistent use and encourage such actions in battle. Gleeful Steps is now a Disengage instead of a regular Shift. Calculated Assault grants an Accuracy Bonus for any attack against the target, not just successful ones; Learn From Your Mistakes can be activated on Accuracy rolls. It's now a little similar to Researcher's Echoes of the Future, but I don't think that's overly bad for a Smart Expert. Macho Charge deals a Tick of HP now, and Endurance can be activated to ignore an Injury, much like Ace Trainer's Perseverance.

Sage: The Base Feature can now be used as an Interrupt, or to target 2 allies, for an AP cost. Mountain Of Faith's Abilities were -very- lackluster, and so I replaced them with essentially straight upgrades. Yes, Wishmaster is typically exclusive to Jirachi, but the Ability isn't so powerful that it makes the class broken, especially when compared to Items or Moves such as Pollen Puff.

Ninja: General buffs and some QoL changes. The base feat now grants Sneak's Tricks as a Bonus Edge, giving Astonish right off the bat, which I feel is thematic for the Ninja. Ninja's Arsenal allows them to count as knowing the Moves granted by their items, so they can take Type Expertise: Poison much more easily. Poison Weapons simply teaches Cross Poison and Poison Fang, and allows them to be used as Weapon Moves, making gaining STAB even easier and giving Ninja some actual Moves to use. Genjutsu grants the Blender Capability in addition to the Illusion effect, and Weightless Step allows a choice between Infiltrator and Quick Feet.

Marksman: The Class did what it was intended to do, but it was a bit weak overall. Double Shot no longer imposes an Accuracy Penalty, Overwatch allows you to use any Ranged Attack and not just a Struggle Attack, and Crippling Shot is buffed quite a bit to be more on par with, say, Skirmisher's Weapon Finesse or the Rogue's Dirty Fighting.

Rune Master: I might get flak for this one, but most of the Unown requirements were removed from the Class. Some of it remains, but the Class stands on its own feet much more easily now. Rune Masters now gain up to 3 instances of Hidden Power - something else I may get flak for. Yes, it allows for cherry-picking of Types through Rewrite, but I don't feel that that is nearly as much of a problem with the Game of Throhs supplement in play. In these games, Trainers often get Weapons or items that allow them access to other Types anyway...at least in my experience. Maybe my games just have a different style - you're free to cut it down to 2 or even all the way to 1 if you want. With the new Explosive Runes and Unlocked Potential, the class is capable of some good Burst Damage, but nothing that things like the Glamour Weaver can't already do. Ley Lines is the true draw of this Class, allowing a huge, custom-made Area of Effect attack that deals decent damage and can debuff and combo very nicely with some other classes. However, it requires at least a few turns of setup to pull off; you can lay down Glyphs as a Swift Action, but that can still take a while to make a big enough polygon, especially since you actually need to move around.

Arcanist: Other than the base feat losing a Damage Base increase and gaining a flat Damage one, very little changed here - however, many things changed in the Arcane Weapon Moves themselves. I changed those because I didn't like the disparity between regular Weapon Moves and AWMs. AWMs required a Feat and an Edge to use effectively, and even then unless you were actually an Arcanist, you didn't get much out of them. People have argued that their Range or AoE properties make them better, and that's valid, but it forgets that regular Weapon Moves were just as good at both of those things; only a few Weapon Moves were locked to Melee weapons, and Moves like Triple Shot, Double Swipe, and Salvo were very effective at hitting large numbers of targets. Now, anyone with Occult Education and an Arcane Weapon should be able to make fine use of the Moves, with an Arcanist being even better, of course.

Shade Caller: Twisted Power is now a General Feat, so Twisted Soul grants Conqueror - an Ability that works very well with Shade Caller.

Apparition: Added Omen to the list of available Abilities. Silent Assassin is now optional, includes a Flinch effect, and gives a small bonus to Stealth Checks while Bound.

Oracle: Okay, hear me out here. I do not like Pickup. It's not that it's broken, or that I hate giving out items, and I don't ban it or anything, but it often forces the GM to come up with something on the spot, slowing things down a little. I've allowed the Ability to be used to great effect for both flavor and power, but...overall I just don't think giving it to a Trainer is a great idea. Forewarn fits the theme of the Class fine, and is much more tame for an entry feat. Unveiled Sight has quite a few more things tacked on - the ability to hit Ghosts and the like even if they're removed from the Field, an additional bonus for spending AP on rolls, and seeing through even Blender and Stealth. It's still a niche Feature, but far less so. Two-Second Preview was changed entirely, since Instinct no longer exists. It's a Rank 2 Feature that grants a Feature and Edge each Rank, and it should keep up the same "NEENER-NEENER-NEENER" playstyle of the old Oracle, if not compound it even more.

Helper: The original Helper was just a tad underwhelming, so the slight addition of an Evasion buff should help without breaking the game.

Life Force: It heals just barely more than it used to, but the healing comes in larger chunks, allowing the Ability to be more useful overall.

Edges/Feats: Too many of these to really go into detail about. Some things to note are some more Speed-centric Edges and Feats, and a few focused around Perception and Focus, which saw little love in the core book.

Altered Moves: Mostly updated old Moves to their Gen 7 counterparts, and fixed some bugs like Spark only being DB6, or Shock Wave being At-Will. Other than that, made Rage not useless, and buffed some Legendary Moves so that they're not strictly worse than anything else the Legendary could possibly do.

New Books: Added a ton of these! There should be one for every Skill other than Athletics and Acrobatics now...I think.. I may make more, and if I do, I'll probably include those two, but honestly they don't even really need a Book to be good.
CORE STUFF PART 1-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[+] Spoiler
Cheerleader
[Class]
Prerequisites: Inspired Training, Novice Charm
At-Will - Extended Action
Target: Your Pokémon with at least 2 Tutor Points remaining
Effect: Your Pokémon loses 2 Tutor Points and gains the Friend Guard Ability.

Moment of Action
[Orders]
Prerequisites: Cheerleader
At-Will – Standard Action
Target: Up to two Allied Trainers
Effect: Each target gains 1 Temporary Action Point. These Action Points disappear after one full Round.

Cheers
Prerequisites: Cheerleader
X AP – Swift Action
Target: Up to three allied Pokémon or Trainers
Effect: The targets are Cheered for 1 full round. While Cheered, the target's Combat Stages cannot be lowered by Foes' attacks, Abilities, or Features. This Feature costs 0 AP if the triggering effect affects only one ally, and costs 1 AP if it affects two or more. You may use Cheers as a Free Action when you use [Orders], but if you do, Cheers affects only the targets of the [Orders].

Inspirational Support

Prerequisites: Cheers, Adept Charm
At-Will – Extended Action
Effect: Your Pokémon loses 2 Tutor Points and gains the Helper Ability. Whenever you or your Pokémon with Friend Guard or Helper target allied Pokemon or Trainers with an Ability or Status Move, the targeted allies become Cheered for 1 full round.
Bonus: You gain the Helper Ability, and learn the Move Helping Hand.

Bring It On!
Prerequisites: Cheers, Adept Charm
Scene x3 – Free Action
Effect: All Cheered Allies become Excited. Targets cannot have more than one instance of the Excited condition at a time. As a Free Action, an Excited Ally may give up the Excited condition when...
> Taking Damage, to gain 5 Damage Reduction against the triggering Damage.
> Making a Save Check, to gain a +4 Bonus on that check.
> Taking a Breather or gaining an Injury, to gain Temporary HP equal to your Charm Rank doubled.

Go, Fight, Win!
[Orders]
Prerequisites: Moment of Action, Expert Charm
Scene x3 – Standard Action
Effect: Choose and perform one of the cheers below. You may perform each Cheer only once per Scene.
> Show Your Best!: All allies on the Field gain +1 CS in Defense and Special Defense.
> Don’t Stop Now!: All allies on the Field are cured of one Volatile Status Condition and gain Temporary Hit Points equal to your Charm Rank.
> I Believe In You!: All allies on the Field gain a +2 Bonus to Critical Hit Range, Accuracy, and Evasion for 1 full round.

Keep Fighting!
Prerequisites: 5 Cheerleader Features, Master Charm
Daily x2 – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon or an Ally Trainer with over 1 Hit Point is reduced to 0 Hit Points or lower
Effect: That Ally's Hit Point count is reduced to 1 instead, and they then gain Temporary Hit Points equal to your Charm Rank doubled. Keep Fighting! may only be used once per target per Scene.
[+] Spoiler
Enduring Soul
[Class] [+HP]
Prerequisites: Novice Athletics and Focus
Static
Effect: Your Pokemon have their HP Base Stat increased by +1, and by +1 more for every 10 Levels they have. Additionally, your Pokémon may ignore Base Relations, as long as they are adding to HP, and you do not need to "correct" Stats due to this inflated HP Value.

Staying Power
[+HP]
Prerequisites: Enduring Soul
Scene – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon Takes a Breather
Effect: Your Pokémon may "Take a Breather" even if they are Confused or Enraged, and they do not Trip or have to Shift away from enemies as part of the action. You may choose whether or not your Pokémon resets their Combat Stages to default.
Bonus: Whenever you or your Pokemon Take a Breather, they gain +5 Damage Reduction for 1 full round.

Shrug Off
[+HP] [Gift]
Prerequisites: Enduring Soul, Adept Athletics or Focus
At-Will - Extended Action
Effect: The target loses 2 Tutor Points, and gains the Walk It Off Feature, treated in all ways as an Ability for the target.
Bonus: You gain the Walk It Off Feature, even if you do not meet the prerequisites.

Awareness
[+HP]
Prerequisites: Enduring Soul
Static
Effect: Your Pokémon add +2 to all Save Checks. Whenever your Pokémon would lose a Tick of Hit Points, reduce the amount of Hit Points lost by the higher of your Athletics or Focus Ranks, to a minimum of 1.

Resilience
[+HP]
Prerequisites: Awareness, Expert Athletics or Focus
Scene x2 – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon is hit by a Critical Hit or gains a Status Affliction (or both)
Effect: Your Pokémon does not gain a Status Affliction, and the triggering attack does damage as if it was not a Critical Hit. Resilience may only be triggered once per Pokémon per Scene.

Not Yet!
[+HP]
Prerequisites: Enduring Soul, Expert Athletics or Focus
Scene – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon is Fainted, but is not at less than -100% Hit Points.
Effect: Before fainting, Your Pokémon gains an Injury, and may then take their turn as an Interrupt. When the Move is resolved, the Pokémon immediately faints if it would still be Fainted. This cannot be used with the Moves Explosion, Pain Split, or Self-Destruct.

Vim and Vigor
Prerequisites: Shrug Off, Master Athletics or Focus
Effect: The target loses 2 Tutor Points, and gains the Vigor Ability.
[+] Spoiler
Tyrant's Roar
Prerequisites: Type Ace, Dragon as Chosen Type
Scene x2 – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon uses a Dragon-Type Move
Effect: Your Pokémon creates a Burst 2, Slowing all Foes in the area for 1 Full Round and causing those foes to lose 1 Combat Stage in all Stats in which they have positive Combat Stages.

Highlander
[Orders] [Stratagem]
Prerequisites: Tyrant's Roar, Type-Linked Skill at Adept
Bind 2 AP - Standard Action
Target: Your Pokémon
Effect: While this Feature is Bound, the target gains X Damage Reduction against Dragon, Steel, Flying, and Rock-Type attacks, and gains a +X Bonus to Damage Rolls with Dragon-Typed attacks against targets of these Types. X is equal to your Type-Linked Skill Rank. These bonuses are only applied once, even if a target has two or more of these Types.

Unconquerable
Prerequisites: Tyrant's Roar, Type-Linked Skill at Expert
Daily x3 – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon uses a Dragon-Type Move while it has 1 or more Status Afflictions
Effect: Your Pokémon is cured of up to three Status Afflictions. Your Pokemon may activate Unconquerable as a Standard Action on their turn without using an attack. Unconquerable may be used once per Scene per Pokemon.

This Will Not Stand
Prerequisites: Tyrant's Roar, Type-Linked Skill at Master
Scene x2 – Free Action
Trigger: Your Dragon-Type Pokémon takes a Critical Hit or Massive Damage and is not Fainted
Effect: Your Pokémon may immediately Shift up to your Type-Linked Skill Rank in meters and may then make a Dragon-Typed attack against the triggering foe as an Interrupt. If this attack Faints the triggering foe, your Pokémon may heal one Injury and gain two Ticks of Temporary Hit Points. This Will Not Stand may be used once per Pokemon per Scene.
[+] Spoiler
Occultism:

Witch Hunter
[+Special Defense] [Gift]
Prerequisites: Novice Occult Education
Static
Effect: You gain the Psionic Sight Feature, even if you do not meet the prerequisites. Additionally, you gain the Mindlock Capability, and you and your Pokémon's attacks gain a +2 bonus to Accuracy against Psychic-, Ghost-, and Dark-Types.

Psionic Analysis
Prerequisites: Witch Hunter, Master Occult Education
Scene – Extended Action
Effect: You are able to analyze Psychic Residue and can determine the following information about the Trainer or Pokémon that left the residue:
» Whether they are a Human or a Pokémon
» Which Psychic-Type Moves they know
» If they’re Human, which of the following Class Features they have: Telepath, Telekinetic, Warper
Bonus: You gain the Forewarn Ability.

Mental Resistance
[+Special Defense]
Prerequisites: Witch Hunter
Static
Effect: You gain 10 Damage Reduction against Special Psychic, Ghost, and Dark-Type damage; and a +3 bonus on checks made to cure Volatile Status Conditions.

Immutable Mind
[+Special Defense]
Prerequisites: Mental Resistance, Expert Occult
Education
Scene – Free Action
Trigger: You are hit by a Psychic, Ghost, or Dark-Type Move
Effect: If the triggering Move was a Status-Class Move, the Move fails. If the triggering Move was a Damaging Move, you resist the Damage one step further.
Bonus: You are immune to any secondary effects that trigger on accuracy rolls from Psychic, Ghost, and Dark-Type Moves.

Artificer:

Crystal Artificer
Prerequisites: Gem Lore
Effects: You may use any Crystal Artificer Recipe for which you qualify.

Crystal Resonance

Prerequisites: Crystal Artificer, Adept Occult Education
Static
Effect: You roll an additional 3d6 when determining how many Shards you find when Dowsing. Additionally, while you have a Shard in your Main Hand and/or Off-Hand, you gain one of the following benefits, depending on the color of the Shard(s):
Red: You gain a +5 damage bonus with Special Attacks.
Orange: You gain a +5 damage bonus with Physical Attacks.
Yellow: You gain 5 DR against Physical Attacks.
Green: Your Initiative is increased by +5.
Blue: You gain 5 DR against Special Attacks.
Violet: You gain +2 Evasion against Status-Class Attacks.

Rainbow Light
Prerequisites: Crystal Artificer, Expert Occult Education
2 AP – Swift Action
Condition: You are wearing a Rainbow Gem
Effect: You create a Rainbow lasting one full round. While this Rainbow persists, the Effect Range of all Allies is increased by +3.

Fistful of Force
Prerequisites: Crystal Artificer, Master Occult Education
Scene – Standard Action
Condition: You must have a Shard in your Main Hand or Off-Hand to use Fistful of Force.
Effect: You may destroy the Shard to use the Move Judgment. Judgment's Type must be one of the Types associated with the used Shard. You may choose to add your Occult Education Rank tripled in place of your Special Attack Stat to Judgment's Damage.

Rainbow Gem
Prerequisites: Rainbow Light, Expert Occult Education
Ingredients: Two Shards of each Color.
Effect: You create a Rainbow Gem that may crafted to be worn as your choice of an Accessory Item, Head Slot Item, or Hand or Off-Hand Item. This item has the same effect as a Focus, except that as a Standard Action, any Trainer with Expert Occult Education Rank or higher may change which Stat the Rainbow Amulet is attuned to.

Pokémon Caretaking
Pusher
Prerequisites: Novice Pokémon Education
Static
Effect: Your Pokémon gain the Basic Ranged Attacks, Aura Pulse, Enticing Bait, Extended Invisibility, Far Reading, Precise Treadings, Seismometer, TK Mastery, and Trail Sniffer Poke Edges automatically if they qualify for them, without having to invest any Tutor Points.
Bonus: If you own a Pokemon above Level 25, your Pokémon under level 25 gain +25% Experience.

This One's Special, I Know It
Prerequisites: Pusher
Special – Free Action
Target: A hatching egg.
Effect: Choose two of the traits from the list below. The Pokémon is born with these special qualities. This Feature may be activated one time per Pokémon Education Rank above Untrained.

Traits:
Altered Type: Replace one of the Pokémon's Types with a Type of your choice. Ask the GM to help you adjust the Pokemon's Move List and Abilities to properly fit the new Type.
Altered Ability: The Pokémon's starting Ability is one not normally native to its Species; ask the GM to help you with this.
Unique Move: The Pokémon knows a Move that matches one of its Types, but that is not normally available to its Species; ask the GM for help determining this Move.
Exceptionally Powerful: Increase two of the Pokémon's Base Stats by +2 each, and the Pokemon hatches at a Level equal to 5 + your Pokemon Education Rank doubled.
Savant: The Pokémon is born with Novice Ranks in a Skill it would not normally have access to.

Skill Trainer
Prerequisites: Pusher
At-Will – Free Action
Trigger: You Train your Pokémon
Effect: For each of your Pokémon that has been Trained during this time, choose a Skill; that Skill becomes Pushed until an Extended Rest is taken. Pokémon roll +1d6 with Pushed Skills, unless that would cause the Pokémon to roll more than 6d6; if so, that Pokémon rolls with a +3 Bonus instead. A Pokémon may have only one Pushed Skill at a time.

Re-Balancing
Prerequisites: Pusher, Master Pokémon Education
Daily x2 – Extended Action
Target: A Pokémon
Effect: The target gains one of the following: +1 to all Base Stats, +2 to two different Base Stats, or +3 to a single Base Stat. The target then redistributes their Stat Points. A Pokémon may be targeted by Re-Balancing only once.
[+] Spoiler
Chronicler
[Class]
Prerequisites: Novice Perception
1 AP – Swift Action, Interrupt
Target: A Pokémon, Trainer, Move, or Location.
Effect: You make a Record of the target. Records can be placed in an Archive as an Extended Action. When you take Chronicler, you gain one Archive.
Archives:
Profile Archive: You may place Records of specific Pokémon and Trainers in your Profile Archive. You and your Pokemon gain a +1 bonus to Accuracy and a +2 bonus on all Opposed Checks against Pokémon and Trainers in your Profile Archive.
Technique Archive: You may place Records of Moves in your Technique Archive. You and your Pokémon gain +2 Evasion against Moves in your Technique Archive.
Travel Archive: You may place Records of Locations in your Travel Archive. While you are in a Location in your Travel Archive, you gain the Keen Eye Ability and a +2 bonus to Perception Checks to notice the environment.

Archival Training
[Ranked 2]
All Rank Prerequisites: Chronicler
Static
Effect: Each Rank, you gain an Archive.

Archive Tutor
Prerequisites: Technique Archive, Expert Perception
Daily – Extended Action
Target: A Pokémon with 2 Tutor Points.
Effect: Select a Record in your Technique Archive that is of a Move that the target can learn by Level Up, TM or by Move Tutor. The target learns the Move and loses 2 Tutor Points. You can target someone else's Pokémon only once with Archive Tutor; you may target your own Pokémon any number of times with Archive Tutor, but they must still abide by any Move Pool Limitations (ie: no more than 3 of the user's Move Pool can come from TMs or Tutor Moves).

Targeted Profiling
[Orders]
Prerequisites: Profile Archive, Expert Perception
1 AP – Standard Action
Effect: On the target's next turn, it acts as if it had the Mold Breaker Ability against all Pokémon and Trainers in your Profile Archive and gains a +1 bonus to Accuracy Rolls, Critical Hit Range, and Effect Range against these targets.

Observation Party
Prerequisites: Travel Archive, Adept Perception
Static
Effect: While they are in a Location in your Travel Archive, your Pokémon gain the Keen Eye Ability and gain a +2 bonus to Perception Checks to notice the environment.
Bonus: While in a Location in your Travel Archive, you and your Pokémon are immune to being Flanked.

Cinematic Analysis
Prerequisites: 4 Chronicler Features, Master Perception
Daily x3 – Free Action
Effect: You analyze a Record in one of your Archives. Cinematic Analysis's effect depends on the Archive the Record is in. Each of these effects may only be used once per Scene.

Character Study – Profile Archive: You may trigger Character Study when you or an ally makes an Opposed Check against the subject of your Record. Make a Perception Check and substitute the triggering Skill Check with the result. This Perception Check is still an Opposed Check.

Recreation – Technique Archive: Recreation may be triggered as your Pokémon gains Initiative. Select a Record of a Move in your Technique Archive that your Pokémon can learn by Level Up, TM, or Move Tutor. Your Pokémon may perform that Move as if it was on its Move List. You may select a specific Move only once per day.

Situational Awareness – Travel Archive: You may only use Situational Awareness if you analyze a Record of your current Location. When used this way, you may activate it as an Interrupt. Choose an ally; that ally may take their next action as Priority (Advanced).
[+] Spoiler
Fashionista
[Class] [+Any]
Prerequisites: Two of Charm, Command, Guile, Intimidate, or Intuition at Novice
Effect: You may craft any Fashionista Recipe for which you qualify.
Special: When you take Fashionista, choose two of Charm, Command, Guile, Intimidate, or Intuition to become your Fashionista Skills. The Skills you choose must be at Novice Rank or higher.

Dashing Makeover
[+Any]
Prerequisites: Fashionista
Bind 2 AP – Extended Action
Target: A Trainer or Pokémon
Effect: When you activate Dashing Makeover, choose one Equipment or Held Item you can create. While this Feature is Bound, the target gains the effects of the chosen item. They do not need to take up an Equipment or Held Item slot to gain this benefit. A target may only be affected by one instance of Dashing Makeover at a time.

Style is Eternal
[+Any]
Scene – Free Action
Trigger: You or your Pokémon are Disarmed or would have their Held Item removed by another effect such as Thief or Covet
Effect: The Held Item is instead retained.

Accessorize
[+Any]
Prerequisites: Dashing Makeover, one Fashionista Skill at Adept
Static
Effect: You may wear and benefit from two Accessory Slot Items at once. The two items must be of different types and must not share an effect. For example, a Fire Brace cannot be paired with another Fire Brace or a Fire Plate, but it could be paired with an Ice Brace, a Fire Booster, or a Stat Booster.

Parfumier
[+Any]
Prerequisites: Fashionista, one Fashionista Skill at Expert
Static
Effect: Whenever you create an Incense Held Item, choose Sweet Scent or Aromatic Mist. While holding that Incense Item in an active Held Item slot, the user adds the chosen Move to their Move List.

Versatile Wardrobe
[+Any]
Prerequisites: Fashionista, two Fashionista Skills at Adept
Effect: The target loses 2 Tutor Points and then becomes Chic. Chic Pokémon gain two extra Slots with which they can carry Accessories or Off-Hand items. However, the items in these slots have no effect and are not treated as equipped. As a Swift Action on their turn, Chic Pokémon may swap a currently active Accessory or Off-Hand item with an item stored in these slots. Chic Pokémon may not carry multiple items of the same type or with repeated effects.
Note: A Chic Pokémon does not become Suppressed until they switch a Choice Item into their active Held Item slot, but even if they then switch the Choice Item out, they remain Suppressed for the remainder of combat.

Dress to Impress
[Orders]
Prerequisites: Versatile Wardrobe, two Fashionista Skills at Expert
Scene x2 – Swift Action
Target: Your Chic Pokémon
Effect: Your Pokémon gains the effects of all items in extra slots granted by Versatile Wardrobe for one full round.

Design Time
[+Any]
Prerequisites: 4 Fashionista Features, Two Fashionista Skills at Master
Static
Effect: You gain the Designer Ability. You may create the clothes out of whatever suitable material you like, and you may design the outfit for any Trainer or Pokémon instead of yourself. Using the Designer Ability costs 2000 each time, and you may only have one outfit active at a time; if another is created, any previous outfit loses its potency.
[+] Spoiler
Contest Trends
Effect: You can create Contest Accessories for $750, Contest Fashion Items for $500, and Fancy Clothes for $2500.

Basic Fashion
Cost: $500
Effect: You create one of the Basic Fashion Items below for which you have the chosen Fashionista Skill. These are Accessory Slot Items.

Adorable Fashion
Fashionista Skill: Charm
Effect: The holder may activate this item once a Scene as a Free Action to gain +3 Evasion for one full round.

Elegant Fashion
Fashionista Skill: Intuition
Effect: The holder may activate this item once a Scene as a Free Action when losing Combat Stages from a foe's effect to instead gain a Combat Stage in the Stat that would have been lowered.

Rad Fashion
Fashionista Skill: Command
Effect: The holder gains a +1 bonus to Save Checks against Volatile Status Conditions. The holder may activate this item once a Scene as a Free Action to gain a +4 bonus to a single Save Check.

Rough Fashion
Fashionista Skill: Intimidate
Effect: The holder may activate this item once a Scene as a Free Action to cause all foes within 5 meters to take a -2 penalty to all rolls for one full round.

Slick Fashion
Fashionista Skill: Guile
Effect: The holder gains +1 Evasion against Attacks of Opportunity. The holder may activate this item once a Scene as a Free Action to not provoke Attacks of Opportunities for one full round.

Practical Fashion
Prerequisites: Dashing Makeover
Effect: You can create Go-Goggles, Safety Goggles, or Winter Cloaks for $750.

Focused Fashion
Prerequisites: Style is Eternal
Effect: You can create Focus Bands and Focus Sashes for $2000.

Incense Maker
Prerequisites: Parfumier
Effect: You can create Lax Incense for $1000, Luck Incense for $900, and Full Incense for $450.
Last edited by Thrice on December 3rd, 2017, 7:55 pm, edited 20 times in total.

Thrice
Pokémon Trainer

June 23rd, 2017, 6:33 pm #2

CORE STUFF PART 2-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[+] Spoiler
Coordinator
[Class] [+Any]
Prerequisites: Grace, Novice Charm, Command, Guile, Intimidate, or Intuition
X AP – Free Action
Effect: Your Pokémon may re-roll a single Appeal Roll or Damage Roll, and must use the re-rolled result. The first time per day you use this Feature, it costs 0 AP. Each time thereafter, the cost increases by 1 AP. The cost of this Feature resets when you take an Extended Rest.

Decisive Director
[Orders] [+Any]
Prerequisites: Coordinator
Effect: Add or subtract X from the target's Initiative until the end of your next turn. X is equal to your highest Coordinator Skill's Rank doubled.

Innovation
[+Any]
Prerequisites: Adaptable Performance
Daily – Extended Action
Target: A Pokémon with at least 1 Tutor Point.
Effect: The target loses 1 Tutor Point, and then learns a Move created with Innovation. See the next section for details on creating Moves for this Feature. A Pokémon may only have one Move created by Innovation at a time. If you target your own Pokémon, the Move does not take up a Move Slot.

Flexible Preparations
[+Any]
Prerequisites: Coordinator, Adept Charm, Command, Guile, Intimidate, or Intuition
Daily – Extended Action
Effect: The target may reallocate up to 2d6 of Poffin Derived Contest Stats from one Contest Stat to another. The target may also reallocate up to 10 Stat Points between their Stats; they must still adhere to Base Stat Relation. These effects last until the end of the day.

Adaptable Performance
[+Any]
Prerequisites: Flexible Preparations
Scene – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon's Turn to use a Move in a Contest, or your Pokémon gains Initiative
Contest Effect: Choose two of your Pokémon's Moves. Your Pokémon may perform their Contest Move as if had the Contest Typing of one of the chosen Moves, and had the effects of the other. The Pokémon may not use either Move on the next round of the contest. This effect may be used once per Contest.
Battle Effect: Choose two of your Pokémon's Moves with a Damage Base. Your Pokémon may perform their attack as if it had the Damage Base and Range of one of the chosen Moves, and had the Accuracy and Effects of the other. If the chosen Moves are of different Types, the resulting attack may be either Type. This consumes the Frequency of both of the chosen Moves.

Nuanced Performance
[+Any]
Prerequisites: Coordinator, Expert Charm, Command, Guile, Intimidate, or Intuition
1 AP – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon misses all targets with a Move
Effect: That Move's Frequency is not expended. This does not work with Moves that may fail to activate, such as moves with the Execute keyword.

Reliable Performance
[+Any]
Prerequisites: Nuanced Performance, Master Charm, Command, Guile, Intimidate, or Intuition
2 AP – Free Action
Trigger: You make an Appeal Roll, Accuracy Check, or Skill Check
Effect: For appeal rolls, instead of making the Appeal Roll, you gain 1 Appeal Point for each Die you would have rolled. For Accuracy Checks, act as if you had rolled a 10. For Skill Checks, multiply 3.5 by your Skill Rank, and use the resulting number as the result of your roll, rounded down. For all rolls, add or subtract any modifiers as normal.
[+] Spoiler
Template #1
Type: Normal
Frequency: Scene
AC: None
Class: Status
Range: Self
Effect: The user generates 3 Contest Boons. These may be used as a Swift Action on their turn to gain one of the effects below, based on this Move’s Contest Type.
» Beauty: Use when declaring an attack (before Accuracy Roll) to gain a +3 bonus to Effect Range for that attack.
» Cool: Use when declaring an attack (before Accuracy Roll) to gain a +3 bonus to Critical Hit Range for that attack.
» Cute: Use during your turn to gain +3 Evasion for one full round.
» Smart: Use when declaring an attack (before Accuracy Roll) to gain a +3 bonus to Accuracy for that attack.
» Tough: Use at the start of a turn to avoid all loss of Hit Points from Status Afflictions, Weather, and Recoil for that turn.

Template #2
Frequency: Scene x2
Range: 6, 1 Target
Effect: The target has the Stat associated with this Move's Contest Type lowered by -2 Combat Stages. This Move cannot miss.

Template #3
Type: Varies
Frequency: EOT
AC: Varies
Class: Varies
Range: Varies, Spirit Surge
Effect: Make a Struggle Attack, increasing the damage roll by +5. Follow all other normal rules for making Struggle attacks, including any modifications from capabilities, weapons, features, or special effects. On 18+, the user's Stat associated with the Contest Type of this Move is raised by +1 Combat Stage. This Move's Effect Range is extended by +1 for every two Contest Dice the user has that matches this Move's Contest Type.

Template #4
Frequency: Scene
Range: Burst 2
Effect: The user and all allies in the Burst gain +1 Combat Stage in the Stat associated with the Contest Type of this Move.
[+] Spoiler
Rider
[Class] [+Speed]
Prerequisites: Mounted Prowess, Agility Training, Novice Acrobatics or Athletics
Static
Effect: While you are Mounted on a Pokemon under the effects of Agility Training, the bonuses from Agility Training are doubled.

Ramming Speed
[+Speed]
Prerequisites: Rider
Target: Your Pokémon with at least 2 Tutor Points
Effect: The target loses 2 Tutor Points and gains the Rock Head Ability. For your Pokémon, Rock Head applies to any Move with a Range of Pass, or the Dash keyword, in addition to Physical attacks.

Conqueror's March
[Orders][+Speed]
Prerequisites: Ramming Speed, Adept Acrobatics or Athletics
Target: Your Pokémon with Rock Head
Effect: This round, if being used as a Mount, the target may use Dash, Burst, Blast, Cone, or Line range Moves with a range of Pass instead of their usual range, and they may change direction during the 4 meters of Pass.

Ride as One
[+Speed]
Prerequisites: Rider
Static
Effect: While you are Mounted, you and your Mount each use the highest of each other's Speed Evasion. If both you and your Mount have the same Speed Evasion, you instead each receive a +1 bonus to Speed Evasion and Movement Capabilities. Whenever one of you receives Initiative, either of you may take your turn. When the next person would receive initiative, the person that did not take their turn then takes it.

Lean In
[+Speed]
Prerequisites: Ride as One
Scene x2 – Free Action
Trigger: You and your Mount both take Damage from a Burst, Blast, Cone, or Line
Effect: Both you and your Mount Resist the attack one step further.
Bonus: You and your Mount may Intercept for each other as a Shift Action Interrupt.

Cavalier's Reprisal
[+Speed]
Prerequisites: Ride as One, Expert Acrobatics or Athletics
1 AP – Free Action
Trigger: An adjacent foe hits you or your Mount with an attack
Effect: You or your Mount(whichever was not hit by the triggering attack) may make a Struggle Attack against the triggering foe.

Overrun
[+Speed]
Prerequisites: Conqueror's March, Expert Acrobatics or Athletics
Scene x2 – Free Action
Trigger: Your Mount with Rock Head makes a Damage Roll for a Dash or Pass Move
Effect: Your Pokémon adds their Speed Stat in addition to their normal attacking Stat to their Damage Roll. The target gains Damage Reduction against this attack equal to their own Speed Stat.
[+] Spoiler
Juggler
[Class] [+Speed] [Gift]
Prerequisites: Novice Acrobatics, Novice Guile
Static
Effect: You gain the Quick Switch Feature, and using it costs only 1 AP.

Bounce Shot
[+Speed]
Prerequisites: Juggler
At-Will – Free Action
Trigger: You throw a Poké Ball
Effect: After hitting its mark or landing, your Poké Ball bounces 3 meters in any direction. You may have your Poké Ball trigger captures or releases before or after the bounce.

You Deserve A Rest
[+Speed]
Prerequisites: Juggler
Scene x2 - Free Action
Trigger: You recall a Pokémon
Choose One Effect: The recalled Pokémon is cured of one Persistent Status Affliction; or the recalled Pokémon gains Hit Points equal to 1/3rd its Maximum Hit Points. You Deserve A Rest may only be used once per Pokémon per Scene.

Round Trip
[+Speed]
Prerequisites: Juggler, Adept Acrobatics or Guile
1 AP – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon uses a Move.
Effect: You may immediately switch your Pokémon that just performed a Move for another of your Pokémon. This effect lets Pokémon with the Trapped condition switch out.

Tag In
[+Speed]
Prerequisites: Round Trip, Expert Acrobatics or Guile
1 AP - Free Action
Trigger: You recall a Pokémon
Effect: The next Pokémon you send out is treated as if the recalled Pokémon had used Baton Pass on it.

Emergency Release
[+Speed]
Prerequisites: Juggler, Expert Acrobatics or Guile
2 AP – Shift Action, Interrupt
Effect: You may Release a Pokémon as an Interrupt.
Bonus: Whenever you send a Pokémon into an encounter from a Poké Ball, they receive a +10 bonus to their Initiative during that round.

First Blood
[+Speed]
Prerequisites: Tag In, Master Acrobatics or Guile
Scene – Free Action
Trigger: You release a Pokémon from its Poké Ball
Effect: If you have a Pokémon turn available this round or next, your Pokémon may use a Move as an Interrupt as soon as it is sent out. This consumes your Pokémon turn for the round (or the following round) as normal.
[+] Spoiler
Fairy Lights
Prerequisites: Type Ace, Fairy as Chosen Type
At-Will – Special
Effect: Your Fairy-Type Pokemon may activate Fairy Lights as a Standard Action to create 3 Fairy Lights that hover around themselves. Whenever the target is attacked by a foe within 6 meters, they may expend a Fairy Light to either immediately gain Temporary Hit Points equal to their Tick Value + your Type-Linked Skill Rank, or to use the Move Fairy Wind as a Free Action.
Special: Fairy Lights also provide mild lighting, comparable to a candle. As a Shift Action your Pokemon can control the lights individually, but they must stay within 6 meters of the Pokemon that created them.

Arcane Favor
Prerequisites: Fairy Lights, Type-Linked Skill at Adept
Scene x2 – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon uses a Fairy-Type Move
Effect: Your Pokémon and all allies on the Field gain a +1 Bonus to all rolls for one full round.

Fey Trance
[Orders] [Stratagem]
Prerequisites: Fairy Lights, Type-Linked Skill at Expert
Bind 2 AP – Free Action
Target: Your Pokemon
Effect: While this Feature is bound, whenever the target uses a 1-Target Move with the Social Keyword or a Fairy-Type Status Move, the foe hit by the triggering Move becomes Infatuated with your Pokemon, and immediately Shifts towards your Pokemon, forfeiting their next Shift Action. This may affect a specific foe only once per Scene.

Fairy Rite
Prerequisites: Fairy Lights, Type-Linked Skill at Master
Daily x3 – Special
Trigger: Your Pokémon creates Fairy Lights as a Standard Action
Effect: Your Fairy-Type Pokémon may lose any number of Hit Points as a Free Action, up to a maximum equal to your Pokémon's Level, and heal an Ally within X meters by an amount equal to the lost Hit Points + X. Then, if your Fairy-Type Pokémon has any Fairy Lights, they may immediately expend any number of Fairy Lights. For each Fairy Light expended this way, they may cause themselves or an ally within X meters to gain Hit Points equal to that target's Tick Value + X. X is your Type-Linked Skill Rank. Your Pokemon may choose to activate Fairy Rite as a Standard Action on its turn without creating Fairy Lights.
[+] Spoiler
Close Quarters Mastery
[Orders] [Stratagem]
Prerequisites: Type Ace, Fighting as Chosen Type
Static
Effect: Your Pokémon's Fighting-Type Moves cause foes to become Marked for 1 full round. Your Fighting-Type Pokémon may also Mark Foes for one full round when hitting with a Grapple, Trip, or Push Maneuver.

Marked foes take a -X penalty to Accuracy Rolls and a -10 penalty to Damage Rolls on attacks that do not target the Pokemon that Marked them. X is equal to half your Type-Linked Skill Rank. Additionally, Marked Foes provoke an attack of Opportunity from the Pokémon that marked them if they Shift out of an adjacent square into a square that is not adjacent, even if they use a Disengage Maneuver. Targets cannot be Marked by more than one Pokémon at a time.

Brawler
Prerequisites: Close Quarters Mastery, Type-Linked Skill at Adept
Scene x2 – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon makes a Struggle Attack
Effect: This Struggle Attack has a range of Burst 1, Friendly instead of the usual range, and may deal Fighting Type Damage if you wish.
Bonus: Your Pokemon's Fighting-Type attacks gain a +1 Accuracy bonus against adjacent foes.

Face Me, Whelp
Prerequisites: Close Quarters Mastery, Type-Linked Skill at Expert
Static
Effect: Whenever your Pokemon hits an adjacent foe with a Struggle Attack or a single-target DB8 or lower Fighting-Type attack, that foe becomes Slowed for one full Round.

Smashing Punishment
Prerequisites: Close Quarters Mastery, Type-Linked Skill at Master
Daily x3 – Free Action
Trigger: A Marked Foe provokes an Attack of Opportunity from your Pokémon
Effect: The Attack of Opportunity automatically hits, may deal Fighting-Type Damage if you wish, and is a Critical Hit.
Bonus: Whenever your Fighting-Type Pokémon hits a Marked foe with a Struggle Attack(including an Attack of Opportunity), that foe becomes Vulnerable until the next time they are hit with an attack.
[+] Spoiler
Psionic Sponge
Prerequisites: Type Ace, Psychic as Chosen Type
At-Will – Special
Effect: Your Psychic-Type Pokémon may activate Psychic Sponge as a Shift Action to add a Psychic Type Move known by an ally within X meters to their Move List until the end of their turn. This does not allow them to have duplicate Moves in their Move List. This Feature may only be used once per Pokémon per Scene. X is equal to your Type-Linked Skill Rank.

Mindbreak
Prerequisites: Psionic Sponge, Type-Linked Skill at Adept
2 AP - Swift Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon uses a damaging Psychic-Type Move
Effect: The triggering Move gains a bonus to Accuracy and Effect Range equal to the number of Status Moves known by the triggering Pokémon. If the triggering Pokémon is Psychic-Type, the attack also gains a +3 bonus to damage for each Status Affliction, Other Affliction, and Negative Combat Stage the target has, to a maximum of 3 times your Type-Linked Skill Rank.

Psychic Resonance
Prerequisites: Psionic Sponge, Type-Linked Skill at
Expert
Scene x2 – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon hits a foe with a Psychic-Type Status Move
Effect: Your Pokémon may use the Move Encore against the triggering foe, as if it was on their Move List.

Force of Will
Prerequisites: Psionic Sponge, Type-Linked Skill at
Master
Daily x3 – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon uses a Psychic-Type Status Move with a range of Blessing, Field, Hazard, or Self.
Effect: Your Pokémon may immediately use another Psychic-Type Status Move from its Move List with a range of Blessing, Field, Hazard, or Self.
Last edited by Thrice on November 27th, 2017, 4:07 am, edited 11 times in total.

Thrice
Pokémon Trainer

June 23rd, 2017, 6:34 pm #3

CORE STUFF PART 3
[+] Spoiler
Athlete
[Class] [+HP]
Prerequisites: Adept Athletics
Prerequisites: Novice Athletics, One of Athletic Prowess, Mounted Prowess, Power Boost, Stamina, or Swimmer
Effect: After an hour of exercise, an Athlete may choose two different Stats besides HP; both of those stats become Trained Stats. Te default State of Trained Stats is +1 Combat Stages instead of 0. An Athlete may have two Trained Stats at a time.

Training Regime
[+HP]
Prerequisites: Athlete
Static
Effect: You gain additional static bonuses based on your Trained Stats.
» Attack: You gain a +2 Bonus on Accuracy Checks to hit with Combat Maneuvers.
» Defense: You gain 5 Damage Reduction when Intercepting attacks.
» Special Attack: Your Damaging Athlete Moves may be your choice of Physical or Special, adding the appropriate Attack stat.
» Special Defense: You gain +1 Evasion against Combat Maneuvers and a +2 Bonus to Opposed Checks to resist them.
» Speed: When you Sprint, you double your Movement Capability instead of increasing it by 50%.

Coaching
[+HP]
Prerequisites: Training Regime
1 AP – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon makes a Combat Maneuver
Effect: Your Pokémon gains a bonus based on the type of Combat maneuver they are making. This Feature may be triggered once per Scene per Pokémon.
» Your Pokémon gains a +1 bonus to its Accuracy Roll, and a +1d6 bonus to any Opposed Acrobatics, Athletics, Combat, or Stealth Skill Checks.
» If your Pokémon was Sprinting, they double their Movement Capabilities instead of increasing by 50%, and they may make a Struggle Attack any time during their Sprint as a Free Action. They may continue their movement afterwards if they wish.
» If your Pokémon was making an Attack of Opportunity, they automatically hit.
» You may also activate this Feature to let your Pokemon Intercept for any Ally regardless of Loyalty, and they automatically succeed on the Skill Check to do so. They gain 5 DR for this Intercept.

Adrenaline Rush
[+HP]
Prerequisites: Athlete, Expert Athletics
Daily x3 – Free Action
Trigger: You are lowered to half or your Maximum Hit Points or less
Effect: You gain +1 Combat Stage in each of your Trained Stats, are cured of up to two Status Afflictions, and gain a Tick of Temporary Hit Points. Adrenaline Rush may be used only once per Scene.

Athletic Moves
[Ranked 3] [+HP]
Rank 1 Prerequisites: Athlete
Rank 2 Prerequisites: Athlete, Expert Athletics
Rank 3 Prerequisites: Athlete, Master Athletics
Static
Effect: You learn two Athlete Moves marked with the Rank of this Feature you are taking or lower.
Athlete Moves:
Rank 1: Bind, Block, Slam, Strength
Rank 2: Body Slam, Take Down, Extreme Speed, Hold Back
Rank 3: Mega Kick, Facade, Retaliate, Bide
[+] Spoiler
Roughneck
[Class] [+Defense]
Prerequisites: Intimidating Presence
1 AP – Free Action
Trigger: You hit with an Attack
Effect: One target of the attack loses a Combat Stage in the Stat of your choice. Roughneck may only be used once per Round.

Menace
[+Defense]
Prerequisites: Roughneck
At-Will – Swift Action
Trigger: You hit a foe with the Terrorize Manipulation, or you activate Roughneck
Effect: Until their next turn, the target has their Initiative lowered to 0. For one full round, attacks against them cause them to lose a Tick of Hit Points and become Vulnerable for one full round on 16+. Menace may only affect each foe once per Scene.

Mettle
[+Defense]
Prerequisites: Roughneck
Scene x2 – Free Action
Target: You take Massive Damage or Intercept a Damaging Attack.
Effect: Resolve Damage as if the triggering attack was resisted one step further. The triggering foe then loses 2 Combat Stages in the Attack Stat used by the triggering Attack.

Malice
[+Defense]
Prerequisites: Roughneck, Adept Intimidate
Static
Effect: You learn the Moves Mean Look and Chip Away.

Fearsome Display
[+Defense]
Prerequisites: Malice
2 AP – Swift Action
Trigger: You use Leer or a Roughneck Move
Effect: The Move gains additional effects. You may only use each of these effects once per Scene.
» Leer: Affected foes immediately Shift away from you using their highest available Movement capability. This movement provokes Attacks of Opportunity as normal.
» Chip Away: The target is considered Vulnerable against this attack, and may not activate Interrupts or Moves with the Shield Keyword in response to it.
» Headbutt: The target is automatically Flinched, and you may initiate a Push Maneuver against the target, using your Intimidate or Athletics skill. This Maneuver automatically hits, but you must still roll an opposed check.
» Glare: The target loses 2 Speed Combat Stages, and is Slowed for one full round. This occurs whether Glare hits or misses.
» Mean Look: The target is Suppressed for one full round, and has a random Move Disabled.
» Endure: You gain two Ticks of Temporary Hit Points, and gain 5 Damage Reduction for one full round.
» Slack Off: You are cured of one Status Affliction. You may activate Fearsome Display to use Slack Off even if you would be denied your turn by a Status Affliction.

Cruel Gaze
[+Defense]
Prerequisites: Roughneck, Expert Intimidate
Static
Effect: You learn the Moves Glare and Headbutt.

Tough as Nails
[+Defense]
Prerequisites: 3 Roughneck Features, Master Intimidate
Static
Effect: You learn the Moves Endure and Slack Off.
[+] Spoiler
Survivalist
[Class] [+HP]
Prerequisites: Novice Survival
One Time Use – Extended Action
Effect: Choose a Terrain in which you have spent at least three nights. You gain Naturewalk for that terrain and a +2 bonus to Athletics, Acrobatics, Stealth, Perception, and Survival Checks in that terrain. When you have 2 Survivalist Features, you may choose a second Terrain. When you have 4 Survivalist Features, you may choose a third terrain. When you have 6 Survivalist Features, you may choose a fourth terrain. The terrains are: Grassland, Forest, Wetlands, Ocean, Tundra, Mountain, Cave, Urban, and Desert.

Natural Fighter
[+HP]
Prerequisites: Survivalist
1 AP – Special
Effect: You and your Pokémon become adept at using the environment to your advantage in battle. You or your Pokémon may activate Natural Fighter as a Standard Action to use the one of the Moves below corresponding to the current terrain. Whenever you or your Pokémon use a damaging Move this way, it may be either Physical or Special, adding the appropriate Attack stat. You and your Pokémon must still follow all Frequency limitations for the Move. Grassland: Grass Whistle or Cotton Spore; Forest: Aromatherapy or Grass Knot; Wetlands: Mud Slap or Mud Sport; Ocean: Aqua Ring or Water Sport; Tundra: Haze or Icy Wind; Mountain: Smack Down or Stealth Rock; Cave: Astonish or Covet; Urban: Fling or Pay Day; Desert: Sand Attack or Sand Tomb.

Trapper
[+HP]
Prerequisites: Survivalist, Adept Survival
Daily x2 – Extended Action
Effect: You create a consumable item that creates 8 meters of Hazard within 6 meters. All 8 meters must be adjacent with at least one other space of the Hazard. These Hazards cause foes that run into them to become Slowed until the end of their next turn and have an additional effect based on the terrain in which the item was made. When foes run into these Hazards, they are destroyed after their effects resolve. These items must be used the same day they are created or they lose all effect.

» Dust Trap – Grassland or Desert: A foe that runs into this Hazard is Blinded until the end of their next turn.
» Tangle Trap – Forest or Wetlands: A foe that runs into this Hazard is must immediately stop Shifting, and they are Stuck instead of Slowed until the end of their next turn.
» Slick Trap – Ocean or Tundra: A foe that runs into this Hazard becomes Vulnerable until the end of their next Turn.
» Abrasion Trap – Mountain, Cave, or Urban: A foe that runs into this Hazard lowers their Defense and Special Defense by 1 Combat Stage.

Wilderness Guide
[+HP] [Orders]
Prerequisites: Survivalist, Expert Survival
Scene x2 – Shift Action
Effect: Wilderness Guide's effect depends on your current terrain.
» Grassland or Forest: All allies gain the Stealth Capability and a +2 bonus to their Overland Speed for one full round.
» Ocean or Wetlands: All allies gain 5 Damage Reduction and a +2 bonus to their Swim Speed for one full round.
» Desert or Tundra: All allies do not lose Hit Points from Weather and ignore any Evasion increases from foes' Abilities for one full round.
» Mountain or Cave: All allies do not trigger Hazards or Attacks of Opportunity and cannot be Blinded for one full round.
» Urban: All allies gain +1 Evasion and a +2 bonus on Accuracy Rolls and Skill Checks to perform the Dirty Trick and Manipulate Combat Maneuvers for one full round.

Terrain Talent
[Ranked 2] [+HP]
Rank 1 Prerequisites: Survivalist, 2 Mastered Terrains
Rank 2 Prerequisites: Survivalist, 4 Mastered Terrains
Static
Effect: Each Rank, you gain two Terrain Talents, chosen from the Terrains for which you gained Naturewalk from Survivalist.

Adaptive Geography
[+HP]
Prerequisites: 4 Survivalist Features, Master Survival
Scene x2 – Free Action
Trigger: You or an ally gains Initiative
Effect: The triggering target takes their turn as if they were in a terrain adjacent to the terrain they are in on the following graphic. For example, if you are standing in Wetlands terrain, you may act as if you are standing in Forest or Ocean Terrain. This affects Survivalist Features, Naturewalk Capabilities, Moves with the Environ Keyword, etc.

Grassland > Forest > Wetlands > Ocean > Tundra > Mountain > Cave > Urban > Desert > Grassland
[+] Spoiler
Plains Runner – Grassland Terrain
Static
Effect: Your Overland Speed is increased by +2. You gain a +2 bonus to Perception Checks to spot or identify objects in the far distance.

Forest Ranger – Forest Terrain
Static
Effect: You're used to navigating the dense plant life of large forests. You gain the Stealth Capability.

Marsh Stomper – Wetland Terrain
Static
Effect: You can handle the toxic fauna and flora of the marshes. You do not lose Hit Points from Poison and lose only 1 instead of 2 Combat Stages from Poison. You still count as Poisoned for the purpose of Moves and effects.

Deep Diver – Ocean Terrain
Static
Effect: You love nothing better than the smell of the sea. Your Swimming Capability is equal to your Overland Capability instead of half. Additionally, you may hold your breath underwater for a number of minutes equal to your Survival Rank before you start suffocating.

Arctic Pilgrim – Tundra Terrain
Static
Effect: Neither deep slow nor slippery ice can deter you. You are immune to the effects of Hail and to the Frozen condition, and gain 5 Damage Reduction against Ice Type attacks.

Surefooted – Mountain Terrain
Static
Effect: You're not afraid of precarious ledges and steep hills. You gain a +2 Bonus to Skill Checks made to climb, balance, or maintain footing – including resisting Push and Trip maneuvers. Whenever you take falling damage, ignore one meter and receive one less Injury when determining damage.

Cave Dweller – Cave Terrain
Static
Effect: Your eyes are used to very low levels of light. You are immune to the Blinded condition. If you would be Totally Blinded by complete darkness, you instead suffer the penalties of Blindness, and may make Survival Checks instead of Acrobatics to avoid becoming Tripped. You are immune to Stealth Rock Hazards.

Traceur – Urban Terrain
Static
Effect: The city is your jungle. You gain a +1 Bonus to your Jump Capabilities. Add half your Survival Rank to your Evasion against Push, Trip, and Attack of Opportunity Maneuvers.

Dune Walker – Desert Terrain
Static
Effect: Your long hours in the unforgiving desert have made you inured to sand and heat. You're immune to the effects of Sandstorm, Sand-Attack, and Sand Tomb, and you gain 5 Damage Reduction against Fire-Type attacks.
[+] Spoiler
Commander
[Class]
Prerequisites: Novice Command
Static
Effect: You may use [Orders] that have targets to target any Ally, even if normally those [Orders] would only let you apply the effect to your own Pokemon. Any other conditions still apply.

Mobilize
[Orders]
Prerequisites: Commander
At-Will – Free Action
Target: Any Number of Allies
Effect: Use of Mobilize must be declared at the beginning of the Round. The targets cannot provoke Attacks of Opportunity this Round. Mobilize may target the same Ally only once per encounter.

Scheme Twist
Prerequisites: Mobilize, Adept Command
Static
Effect: You gain the Rally Ability. When you give [Orders], you may pay 1 AP to activate Rally, ignoring Frequency, targeting only the targets of the [Orders]. A target may only be affected by Rally in this way once per Scene.

Complex Orders
Prerequisites: Commander, at least two Features with the [Orders] Tag that have targets
At-Will – Shift Action
Trigger: You give [Orders] that have targets.
Effect: You may choose a different Order to give to each Target. You must pay all AP costs and follow Frequency restrictions for all Orders used in this way.

Leadership
[Gift]
Prerequisites: Complex Orders, Expert Command
Static
Effect: Choose one of Ravager Orders, Marksman Orders, Trickster Orders, Guardian Orders, or Precision Orders. You gain the chosen Feature and the Leader Edge, even if you do not meet their prerequisites.

Battle Conductor
Prerequisites: Commander, Expert Command
Special – Free Action
Trigger: You give [Orders] with a Frequency of At-Will that have targets
Effect: You may target up to two additional Allies with the [Orders]. If you have 5 or more Commander Features, you may use this Feature with any [Orders]. This Feature may be used At-Will for Orders with an At-Will Frequency, but only once per Scene for Orders with any other Frequency.
Note: This may be used with [Orders] that have AP costs, but the AP Cost must be paid separately for each target if so.

Tip The Scales
Prerequisites: Commander, Master Command
Scene x2 – Swift Action
Trigger: You give [Orders] that have Targets.
Effect: All targets of the [Orders] gain +1 Combat Stage in their choice of Attack, Special Attack, or Speed, and +1 Combat Stage in Defense or Special Defense. Different targets may choose different stats.
[+] Spoiler
Style Expert
[Class] [Branch]
Prerequisites: 3 Pokémon with 3d6 in a specifc certain Contest Stat from Poffins
Prerequisites: Fashionista or Coordinator, 1 Pokémon with 3d6 in a specific certain Contest Stat from Poffins
Static
Effect: Your Pokémon gain +2d6 to your chosen Contest Stat. These dice are counted as if coming from Poffins. Your Pokémon gain a +5 bonus to damage with attacks that match your chosen Contest Stat. When your Pokémon uses a non-damaging attack that matches your chosen Contest Stat, it gains a +1 bonus to its Evasion for one full round.

Note: When you take Style Expert, choose from Beauty, Cool, Cute, Smart, or Tough. This becomes your Chosen Contest Stat. You may take Style Expert multiple times, each time choosing a different Contest Stat. You gain a different Stat Tag depending on your chosen Contest Stat. As a reminder, Beauty corresponds to Special Attack, Cool corresponds to Attack, Cute corresponds to Speed, Smart corresponds to Special Defense, and Tough corresponds to Defense.

Style Flourish
[Branch]
Prerequisites: 3 Style Expert Features
1 AP – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon uses a Move of your Chosen Type
Contest Effect: Re-Roll all dice that result in 1s. This effect may only be used once per Contest.
Battle Effect: Your Pokémon gains +1 CS in the Stat corresponding to your chosen Contest Type, after the Move or any effects have been resolved.

Style Entrainment
[Branch]
Prerequisites: 4 Style Expert Features
1 AP – Swift Action, Priority (Limited)
Effect: Your Pokémon gains one of the following Abilities corresponding to your chosen Contest Stat for the rest of the Scene. Style Entrainment may only grant one Ability at a time. If it is used a second time, it replaces the first granted Ability.
» Beauty gives Gentle Vibe or Serene Grace
» Cool gives Defiant or Sniper
» Cute gives Cute Charm or Cute Tears
» Smart gives Analytic or Anticipation
» Tough gives Sturdy or Intimidate
[+] Spoiler
Beautiful Ballet
[Ranked 2]
Rank 1 Prerequisites: Style Expert, Beauty as Chosen Stat, Novice Intuition
Rank 2 Prerequisites: Expert Intuition
1 AP - Special
Effect: Your Pokémon with at least 3d6 in their Beauty Stat from Poffins may activate Beautiful Ballet as a Standard Action to perform one of the following Moves. They must still follow frequency limits as usual for these Moves.
Rank 1: Captivate, Mist
Rank 2: Lovely Kiss, Mean Look

Fabulous Max
Prerequisites: Beautiful Ballet Rank 1
At-Will – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon uses a Beauty-Type Move
Contest Effect: Treat the Move as if it were one step more aligned with the Contest Type. If the Move would be opposing the Contest Type, it is instead neutral. If it is neutral, it is instead matching. You may activate this effect only once per Contest.
Battle Effect: The move gains the keyword Burst 1 if Melee, or Blast 2 if ranged. If the move is already a Burst, Blast, or Cone, increase the size of the Move's Range by 1. This does not cause a target to be hit multiple times.

Enticing Beauty
Prerequisites: Beautiful Ballet Rank 1
Scene – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon hits with a Beauty Type attack
Effect: All targets hit by the attack become Infatuated with Your Pokémon, regardless of gender.
[+] Spoiler
Cool Conduct
[Ranked 2]
Rank 1 Prerequisites: Style Expert, Cool as Chosen Stat, Novice Command
Rank 2 Prerequisites: Expert Command
1 AP - Special
Effect: Your Pokémon with at least 3d6 in their Cool Stat from Poffins may activate Cool Conduct as a Standard Action to perform one of the following Moves. They must still follow frequency limits as usual for these Moves.
Rank 1: Focus Energy, Noble Roar
Rank 2: Roar, Double Team

Rule of Cool
Prerequisites: Cool Conduct Rank 1
At-Will – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon uses a Cool-Type Move
Contest Effect: Treat the Move as if it were one step more aligned with the Contest Type. If the Move would be opposing the Contest Type, it is instead neutral. If it is neutral, it is instead matching. You may activate this effect only once per Contest.
Battle Effect: The triggering Move's Crit Range is increased by 3, and Moves with the Interrupt or Shield Keywords may not be activated in reaction to this Move. The triggering Move may not be Intercepted. You may activate Rule of Cool only once per Pokémon per Scene.

Action Hero Stunt
Prerequisites: Cool Conduct Rank 1
Daily x3 – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon makes a Skill Check for a dramatic, high risk action
Effect: Instead of using a Skill for this Check, you roll your Cool Dice from Poffins and add your number of Cool Dice from Stats and your Spirit Attribute as modifiers. For example, a Pokémon with 5d6 Cool from Poffins and 2d6 from Attack rolls 5d6+2. Even Skill Checks invoked by Intercepting attacks, Combat Maneuvers, Moves, and Abilities may trigger this Feature.
Example Trigger: Charging into a burning building for a heroic rescue, Intercepting a powerful attack
[+] Spoiler
Cute Cuddle
[Ranked 2]
Rank 1 Prerequisites: Style Expert, Cute as Chosen Stat, Novice Charm
Rank 2 Prerequisites: Expert Charm
1 AP - Special
Effect: Your Pokémon with at least 3d6 in their Cute Stat from Poffins may activate Cute Cuddle as a Standard Action to perform one of the following Moves. They must still follow frequency limits as usual for these Moves.
Rank 1: Charm, Block
Rank 2: Teeter Dance, Attract

Gleeful Steps
Prerequisites: Cute Cuddle Rank 1
At-Will – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon uses a Cute-Type Move
Battle Effect: Your Pokémon may immediately Disengage up to half their Movement speed in meters in any direction after the attack is resolved. You may activate Gleeful Steps only once per Pokémon per Scene.

Let's Be Friends!
Prerequisites: Cute Cuddle Rank 1
Scene – Free Action
Effect: The target may attempt to improve the disposition of a Wild Pokémon as if making a Charm Check. They roll their Cute Dice from Poffins and add their number of Cute Dice from Stats as a modifier. For example, a Pokémon with 4d6 Cute from Poffins and 3d6 Cute from Speed rolls 4d6+3 in place of a Charm Check.
[+] Spoiler
Smart Scheme
[Ranked 2]
Rank 1 Prerequisites: Style Expert, Smart as Chosen Stat, Novice Guile
Rank 2 Prerequisites: Expert Guile
1 AP - Special
Effect: Your Pokémon with at least 3d6 in their Smart Stat from Poffins may activate Smart Scheme as a Standard Action to perform one of the following Moves. They must still follow frequency limits as usual for these Moves.
Rank 1: Fake Tears, Calm Mind
Rank 2: Taunt, Flatter

Calculated Assault
Prerequisites: Smart Scheme Rank 1
At-Will – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon use a Smart-Type Move
Battle Effect: Choose one: The triggering move gains a +1 bonus on its Accuracy Roll for each ally that attacked a target of the Move this round, or all allies get a +1 bonus to their Accuracy and Evasion against targets of the triggering Move until the end of your next turn.

Learn From Your Mistakes
Prerequisites: Smart Scheme Rank 1
Daily x3 – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon fails a Skill Check, or misses with an attack
Effect: Your Pokémon may re-roll the Skill Check or Accuracy check with a Bonus equal to its number of Smart Dice from Poffins. Learn From Your Mistakes may only be used once per Scene.
[+] Spoiler
Tough Tumble
[Ranked 2]
Rank 1 Prerequisites: Style Expert, Tough as Chosen Stat, Novice Intimidate
Rank 2 Prerequisites: Expert Intimidate
1 AP - Special
Effect: Your Pokémon with at least 3d6 in their Tough Stat from Poffins may activate Tough Tumble as a Standard Action to perform one of the following Moves. They must still follow frequency limits as usual for these Moves.
Rank 1: Scary Face, Spite
Rank 2: Glare, Bide

Macho Charge
Prerequisites: Tough Tumble Rank 1
At-Will – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon uses a Tough-Type Move
Battle Effect: All targets hit by the Move lose a Tick of Hit Points and are pushed away from your Pokémon by 3 meters.

Endurance
Prerequisites: Tough Tumble Rank 1
Scene – Free Action
Trigger: Your Pokémon takes falling damage, begins to suffocate, would gain an Injury, or is Heavily Injured.
Effect: Your Pokémon can ignore up to X meters of falling when calculating falling damage, act without beginning to suffocate for X additional rounds, ignore the Hit Point loss effects from acting while Heavily Injured for X rounds, or not gain the Injury. X is equal to half your number of Tough Dice from Poffins.
[+] Spoiler
Sage
[Class] [+HP]
X AP – Standard Action
Target: An ally within 5 meters
Effect: The target gains Damage Reduction equal to your Occult Education Rank doubled or their Tick Value, whichever is higher, for one full round. If used as a Standard Action on your turn to target one Ally, Sage costs 0 AP. However, you may spend 1 AP to use Sage as an Interrupt, or you may spend 1 AP to use Sage on two different Allies. You may spend 2 AP for both of these effects.
Note: Multiple uses of Sage from different Trainers do not stack on one target.

Sacred Shield
[+HP]
Prerequisites: Sage
Static
Effect: You learn the Moves Reflect and Lucky Chant.

Mystic Defense
[+HP]
Prerequisites: Sage
Static
Effect: You learn the Moves Light Screen and Safeguard.

Sage’s Benediction
[+HP]
Prerequisites: Sacred Shield or Mystic Defense, Adept Occult Education
1 AP – Free Action
Trigger: An ally activates one of your Moves with the Blessing Keyword.
Effect: The triggering ally gains an additional benefit as follows, depending on the Move used. The benefit takes effect before the Blessing and the attack that triggered it are resolved.
» Reflect: +1 Defense Combat Stage
» Light Screen: +1 Sp. Defense Combat Stage
» Safeguard: +1 Evasion
» Lucky Chant: +1 Accuracy

Mountain Of Faith
[+HP]
Prerequisites: Sage, Expert Occult Education
Static
Effect: Choose Wishmaster or Soothing Tone. You gain the Chosen Ability.

Highly Responsive to Prayers
[+HP]
Prerequisites: Mountain of Faith
Scene x3 – Free Action
Trigger: You use Wish or Heal Bell, or an ally receives an Injury
Effect: You may use the Sage Feature as a Free Action targeting one of the triggering allies. Multiple instances of Sage's effect that you use may stack when used this way.

Divine Wind
[+HP]
Prerequisites: Sage's Benediction, Master Occult Education
2 AP – Free Action, Interrupt
Target: Blessings you generated with a Sage Move
Effect: Choose a type of Blessing you can generate with a Sage Move. All Blessings you generated of another type become Blessings of the chosen type. This may not be used to generate more uses of a Blessing than the original Move creates. For example, three Lucky Chant Blessings would become two Reflect or Light Screen Blessings, not three. You may only choose a Blessing type once per Scene.
[+] Spoiler
Ninja
[Class] [+Speed] [Gift]
Prerequisites: Novice Stealth
Static
Effect: You learn the Moves Double Team and Poison Powder.
Bonus: You gain the Sneak's Tricks Edge, even if you do not meet the prerequisites.

Ninja's Arsenal
Prerequisites: Ninja
Effect: You may craft an Antidote, Smoke Ball, Caltrops, or Toxic Caltrops for $100. You are treated as if you know the Moves Smokescreen, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes for any Features or Prerequisites.

Poison Weapons
[+Speed] [Weapon]
Prerequisites: Ninja, Adept Stealth
Static
Effect: You learn the Moves Cross Poison and Poison Fang. You may use these Moves as Weapon Attacks when wielding Melee or Short Range Weapons.

Genjutsu
[+Speed]
Effect: You form an Illusion around yourself. This Illusion may be used to hide yourself in a shroud of darkness if in darkness, or to make yourself look like a mundane object (such as a crate, potted plant, or similar). The Illusion can even fool Aura, concealing you from Aura Sight for its duration. However, the Illusion requires complete concentration, and is broken if you take any actions at all. Anyone that interacts with the Illusion directly may make an Occult Education or Intuition Check with a DC equal to 10 plus your Stealth Rank; if they succeed, the Illusion is broken.
Bonus: You gain the Blender Capability.

Utility Drop
[+Speed]
Prerequisites: Ninja's Arsenal, Expert Stealth
At-Will – Swift Action
Trigger: You Shift
Effect: You may use a Smoke Ball, Caltrops, or Toxic Caltrops as a Free Action during your Shift. Instead of the Move's usual area of effect, you leave one square of Smokescreen, Spikes, or Toxic Spikes on each square you leave as you Shift. Once you have placed 8 meters of Smoke, Spikes, or Toxic Spikes, you may not place any more.

Weightless Step
[+Speed]
Static
Effect: Choose Infiltrator or Quick Feet. You gain the chosen Ability.

Kinjutsu
[+Speed]
Prerequisites: Poison Weapons, Master Stealth
Static
Effect: You learn the Moves Substitute and Toxic.
[+] Spoiler
Oracle
[Class] [+Special Defense]
Prerequisites: Mystic Senses, Novice Perception
Static
Effect: You gain the Forewarn Ability.

Divination
[+Special Defense]
Prerequisites: Oracle
Daily x3 – Extended Action
Effect: You may perform an Augury or Scrying.
Augury
Target: Self
Effect: The user has a vision, dream, or similar that may depict past, present, or future events. Te clarity of the dream may vary, as well as the user’s ability to remember it. See the next page for more details.
Scrying
Target: An item you are touching, or your current location
Effect: You see visions of what has happened to the target over the last 24 hours. The images may be jumbled or unclear, to the discretion of your GM. See the next page for more details.

Unveiled Sight
[+Special Defense]
Prerequisites: Oracle
Static
Effect: You gain the Darkvision capability, and you may see through Invisibility and Illusions. You are Immune to and ignore the effects of foes' Moves with the Illusion keyword, and these Moves may not be activated against you. You may target characters removed from the field due to Ghost Step, Phasing, or any Ghost-Type Move as if they were in the square from which they disappeared, and you ignore the effects of the Blender and Stealth Capabilities. Additionally, when you spend AP to increase a roll, you gain a +2 bonus instead of +1(this bonus stacks with Instinctive Aptitude).

Small Prophecies
[+Special Defense]
Prerequisites: Divination, Adept Perception
1 AP – Swift Action
Effect: Roll 1d20 and note the result. Until the end of your next turn, you may choose to replace a single d20 roll you or a willing ally makes with the noted result.

Mark of Vision
[+Special Defense]
Prerequisites: Oracle, Adept Perception
Bind 1 AP – Extended Action
Target: A willing Trainer
Effect: You mark the target with a mystical power which allows you to close your eyes and focus to perceive the world with their senses from their perspective. You may Bind this Ability multiple times, each time on a different target, but you may only concentrate on one Mark of Vision at a time, and you may only have a number of Marks at one time equal to half your Perception Rank. A target may choose to end this effect at any time, or to deny you access to their senses temporarily without ending the effect entirely. You have a rough sense of how far away and in what direction marked targets are.

Two-Second Preview
Rank 1 Prerequisites: 2 Oracle Features, Adept Perception
Rank 2 Prerequisites: Prescience
Static
Effect: Each Rank, you gain one of Dive or All-Seeing Eyes, and one of Hawkeye or Saw That Coming, even if you do not meet the prerequisites.

Prescience
[+Special Defense]
Prerequisites: Unveiled Sight, Master Perception
Scene – Free Action
Trigger: You are hit by an attack
Effect: The attack instead misses.
Last edited by Thrice on November 27th, 2017, 3:49 am, edited 12 times in total.

Thrice
Pokémon Trainer

June 23rd, 2017, 6:35 pm #4

GAME OF THROHS STUFF----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[+] Spoiler
Earth Shaker
[Class] [+Defense]
Prerequisites: Elemental Connection (Ground), Novice Intuition, Novice Focus
Static
Effect: Pick two of Bulldoze, Mud Shot, Mud-Slap, or Sand-Attack. You learn the chosen Moves.

Earthen Bond
[+Defense]
Prerequisites: Earth Shaker
Static
Effect: You gain the Tremorsense and Groundshaper Capabilities, and you gain Naturewalk for Cave, Mountain and Desert.

Earth Mother's Blessing
[Ranked 2] [+Defense]
Rank 1 Prerequisites: Adept Focus or Intuition
Rank 2 Prerequisites: Ground Out, Master Focus or Intuition
Static
Effect: Each Rank, choose Mud Dweller, Arena Trap, or Lightning Rod. You gain the chosen Ability.

Wall Of Earth
[+Defense]
Prerequisites: Earth Shaker
X AP - Special
Effect: You create up to 4 meters of wall within 8 Meters. All 4 meters must be adjacent with at least one other space of the wall. You may have up to 8 Meters of wall active at any time. You may use this Feature on your own turn as a Standard Action for no AP cost, or, once per Scene, you may activate this Feature as a Standard Action Interrupt for 2 AP. You may only use this Feature in areas with sufficient sources of soil or mud nearby.

Ground Out
[+Defense]
Prerequisites: Earth Shaker, Expert Focus or Intuition
Static
Effect: Pick two of Drill Run, Spikes, Magnitude, or Mud Bomb. You learn the chosen Moves.

Earthshifter
[+Defense]
Prerequisites: Ground Out
Scene x2 – Swift Action
Trigger: You hit with a damaging Ground Type Move
Effect: You initiate a Trip Maneuver against all targets of the Move. The Maneuver automatically hits, and you may use your Focus or Intuition for the opposed check.

Tectonic Shift
[+Defense]
Prerequisites: Ground Out, Master Focus or Intuition
Static
Effect: Pick two of Earthquake, Shore Up, Earth Power, or Sand Tomb. You learn the chosen Moves.
[+] Spoiler
Stone Warrior
[Class] [+Defense]
Prerequisites: Elemental Connection (Rock), Novice Combat, Novice Survival
Static
Effect: Choose two of Accelerock, Rock Tomb, and Wide Guard. You gain the chosen Moves.

Stone Stance
[+Defense]
Prerequisites: Stone Warrior
Bind 2 AP – Standard Action
Effect: You adopt one of the stances below, gaining the effects of the stance while this Feature remains bound.
You may switch your active Stance as a Standard Action without rebinding your AP. The benefits from this Feature do not apply if you are not standing on a solid surface, such as deep mud or snow, or if you are outright swimming or even flying.
• Falling Boulder Stance: You gain a +1 bonus to Accuracy with Rock-type attacks and a +5 bonus to all Damage Rolls, but lose 5 HP from Recoil whenever you hit with an attack.
• Moon Mountain Stance: Your initiative is lowered by -5, but you gain 5 Damage Reduction and are immune to Push or Pull effects.
• Roiling Earth Stance: After a successful Intercept action, you may make a Struggle Attack or use Accelerock against a foe within range.

Rock Power
[Ranked 2] [+Defense]
Rank 1 Prerequisites: Adept Combat or Survival
Rank 2 Prerequisites: Expert Combat or Survival
Static
Effect: Each Rank, choose one of Cave Crasher, Sturdy, Rock Head, or Sand Veil. You gain the chosen Ability. If you choose Sand Veil, you may consider sand a "solid surface" for the purposes of Stone Stance.

Shards of Stone
[+Defense]
Prerequisites: Expert Combat or Survival
Static
Effect: You learn the Moves Rock Slide and Stealth Rock.

Stone Cold Finish
[+Defense]
Prerequisites: Shards of Stone, Master Combat or Survival
Static
Effect: You learn the Moves Stone Edge and Head Smash.

Stone Stance Mastery
[+Defense]
Prerequisites: Stone Stance, Master Combat or Survival
Static
Effect: Whenever you bind Stone Stance, you may choose two Stances and apply the effects of both.
[+] Spoiler
Marksman
[Class] [+Attack] [Weapon]
Prerequisites: Novice Combat, Novice Perception
Static
Effect: You gain the Sniper Ability.

Aiming Down The Sights
[+Attack] [Weapon]
Prerequisites: Marksman
At Will – Shift Action
Effect: Your next Weapon Attack with a ranged Weapon gains +2 to its Accuracy Roll and Critical Hit Range. This effect lasts until used or until the start of your next turn.

Double Shot
[+Attack] [Weapon]
Prerequisites: Marksman, Adept Combat
1 AP – Standard Action
Effect: You may make two Struggle Attacks, each targeting the same foe. If the first attack gains the benefit of Aiming Down the Sights or Clear Shot, the second attack also gains the same benefits for free.

Overwatch
[+Attack] [Weapon]
Prerequisites: Marksman, Adept Perception or Combat
Effect: Create a Line X, and place a Blast 3 with at least three meters overlapping the Line's area. X is equal to your Weapon’s Range. For one full round, if a foe moves in or out of that area, you may make a Ranged Weapon Attack, Frequency allowing, against that foe as a Free Action. You may not attack a specific foe more than once per round this way. While this is in effect, if you Move from your current location, Overwatch's effect is lost.

Clear Shot
[+Attack] [Weapon]
Prerequisites: Marksman, Expert Perception or Combat
Scene x2 – Swift Action
Trigger: You make a ranged Weapon Attack against a target with no other combatants or Rough or Blocking Terrain within 2 meters
Effect: The target is considered Vulnerable against this attack, and you increase your Critical Hit range by +4 for this attack.

Crippling Shot
[+Attack] [Weapon]
Prerequisites: Marksman, Expert Perception or Combat
2 AP – Standard Action
Effect: Make a Ranged Weapon Attack with a Damage Base of 8 or lower. If you hit, the target is Slowed for 1 Full Round, loses 1 Speed Combat Stage, and you initiate a Trip Maneuver against the target. You must still hit with the Trip Maneuver, and you may use your Perception Skill to resolve the Opposed Check if you wish.

Dead-Eye Shot
[+Attack] [Weapon]
Prerequisites: Marksman, Master Combat or Perception
Scene x2 – Standard, Priority
Effect: Use of Dead-Eye Shot must be declared at the start of the round. Nothing happens at this time. At the end of the round, the user may use their Shift Action, and then make a Ranged Weapon Attack and roll twice for Accuracy. You may resolve the attack using either result, but if you choose to use the lower result and the attack hits, it is automatically a Critical Hit.
[+] Spoiler
Rune Master
[Class] [+Attack or Special Attack]
Prerequisites: Basic Runes
Static
Effect: You learn the Move Hidden Power. You gain an additional instance of Hidden Power when you have 3 Rune Master Features, and another when you have 5, to a total of 3 instances. Whenever you use Hidden Power, it may be either Physical or Special, adding the appropriate Attack Stat.

Rewrite
[+Attack or Special Attack]
Prerequisites: Rune Master
Daily - Extended Action
Target: Self, or a willing Pokémon with Hidden Power
Effect: Reroll the Type for an instance of Hidden Power that the target knows.

Glyph
Prerequisites: Rune Master, Tag Scribe
At-Will – Special
Effect: As an Extended Action, you may set a Cleanse Tag against any flat surface, turning it into a Glyph. Glyphs have HP equal to your Level, and no other stats. Glyphs last until they are destroyed or intentionally deactivated. You may have a number of active Glyphs equal to your Occult Education Rank. When setting a Glyph, you may have the Glyphs be either visible or invisible, as you prefer. At any time, as a Standard Action, you may Channel any Glyph you have set down. This causes the Glyph to become visible if it was not. While you are channeling a Glyph, you are able to see through the Glyph, listen through it, and project your voice through it. Alternatively, you may pay 1 AP to set a Glyph as a Swift Action.
Bonus: Your Unown gain the Letter Press Capability.

Words of Power
Prerequisites: Rune Master, Adept Occult Education
At-Will - Free Action
Trigger: You or your Pokémon use Hidden Power
Effect: Instead of a Burst, you may choose to have Hidden Power be a 1 Target Melee, 1 Target 6m, Line 3, or Cone 2.
Bonus: You and your Prime Unown always have STAB on Hidden Power as if you were of the same Type.

Alarm Runes
Prerequisites: Glyph
Bind 1 AP – Standard Action
Target: A Glyph you have put down, regardless of distance
Effect: You give the Glyph a Trigger, which may be as vague or as precise as you like. If the trigger is met within 30 meters of the Rune, the Rune will become visible and begin screeching loudly, alerting anyone nearby. You are capable of hearing this screeching noise in your head, regardless of your current distance, and you may deactivate it as a Free Action. Glyphs will remember their Triggers as long as the AP spent on the Feature is Bound. If you have the Explosive Runes Feature, you may instruct this Glyph to automatically use Hidden Power as a Free Action when it is triggered for 1 AP. You may have only one Glyph use Explosive Runes per round, even if multiple Runes are triggered at the same time. Each Alarm Rune may only be triggered once per Scene.

Explosive Runes
Prerequisites: Glyph, Adept Occult Education
2 AP – Shift Action
Target: A Glyph you have put down, regardless of distance
Effect: You may use Hidden Power, originating from the location of the targeted Glyph. Use your own Stats and Hidden Power values to calculate damage. Using this Feature causes the Glyph to become visible and glow for a minute afterwards. Additionally, whenever you use Hidden Power, you may have it originate from any Glyph within X meters of you. X is your Occult Education Rank.

Unlocked Potential
Prerequisites: Words of Power, Expert Occult Education
Scene x2 - Swift Action
Trigger: You or your Pokémon use Hidden Power
Effect: For this use, Hidden Power gains a bonus to damage equal to your Occult Education Rank, and its Range(including any Area of Effect Ranges) is increased by +1. If you used it as a 1 Target 6m Move, it becomes a Ranged Blast 2. If this Feature is used in combination with Ley Lines, the range is not increased, but the bonus to damage becomes double your Occult Education Rank, and all Legal Targets lose 1 Combat Stage in a stat of your choice after damage calculation(you may choose a different stat for each Target). Unlocked Potential may be used only once per target per Scene.

Ley Lines
Prerequisites: 4 Rune Master Features including Glyph, Master Occult Education
Scene x2 - Standard Action
Target: 2 or more squares that contain Glyphs within X meters of you
Effect: Create a closed polygon by drawing straight lines connecting yourself and the targeted squares, then use the Move Hidden Power. For this use, Hidden Power gains the Friendly Keyword, and affects all Legal Targets within the area of the created polygon. X is equal to your Occult Education Rank doubled.
[+] Spoiler
Arcanist
[Class] [+Special Attack] [Weapon]
Prerequisites: Adept Occult Education
Target: An Arcane Weapon
Effect: You create a Soul Bond with the target Weapon. You may make a Soul Bond with only one weapon at a time. If you create a new Soul Bond, previously Soul Bound weapons lose the Bond. Soul Bound Weapons gain the following benefits:
• Increase the Effect Range of Struggle Attacks and Arcane Weapon Moves made with your Soul Bonded Weapon by +1 for each Occult Education Rank you have above Novice, up to a maximum of +3 at Master Rank. Additionally, you gain a bonus to Damage with these Moves equal to your Occult Education Rank.
• As a Shift Action, you may beckon your Soul Bonded Weapon to your hands if it is within 10 meters. If it is being held by someone else who does not want to let go of the weapon, make an Occult vs Athletics Opposed Check. If you win, they their lose grip on your Weapon and it flies to your hand as normal.

Metamagic
[+Special Attack]
Prerequisites: Arcanist, Adept Occult Education
1 AP – Swift Action
Trigger: You use a Special Move
Effect: You may apply a Rank 1 Power Manipulation to your attack.

Authentic Thaumaturgy
[+Special Attack]
Prerequisites: Arcanist, Expert Occult Education
Scene x2 – Swift Action
Trigger: You use a Special Move
Effect: You may apply a Rank 2 Power Manipulation to your attack.

Signature Manipulations
[Ranked 2] [+Special Attack]
Rank 1 Prerequisites: Metamagic
Rank 2 Prerequisites: Authentic Taumaturgy
Static
Effect: Each Rank, select a Power Manipulation of the same Signature Manipulation Rank you are taking or lower.
• For Rank 1 Manipulations, this Manipulation may be used twice per Scene without spending AP to activate.
• For Rank 2 Manipulations, this Manipulation may be used once per Scene without activating Authentic Thaumaturgy’s Frequency.

Recoup Energy
[+Special Attack]
Prerequisites: Arcanist, Expert Occult Education
Scene x2 – Free Action
Trigger: Your Special Move misses all targets
Effect: You do not expend the Frequency of the triggering Move. If you applied a Power Manipulation to the triggering Move, you are refunded the AP for the Manipulation or do not expend the Frequency for it.

Soul Investment
[+Special Attack] [Weapon]
Prerequisites: Arcanist, Master Occult Education
Bind 2 AP – Extended Action
Target: Your Soul Bonded Weapon
Effect: Choose one Adept and one Master Arcane Weapon Move. Your Soul Bonded Weapon adds those Moves to your Move List as long as this Feature is Bound. You may only Bind one instance of this Feature at a time, and you may not have multiple instances of the same Move in your Move List.
[+] Spoiler
Energy Finesse
Condition: The triggering Move is an Arcane Weapon Move and has an Effect Range
Effect: In addition to its existing Effect Range, the Effect triggers on all natural Even-Numbered Rolls.

Warp Energy
Condition: The triggering Move is a Cone, Line, Burst, or Blast
Effect: Instead of its usual range, you may use the Move as if it had a range of Burst 1, Cone 2, Close Blast 2, Line 4, or 2-Target with a range of 4.

Directed Barrier
Effect: You gain Damage Reduction equal to your Tick Value against the targets of the triggering Move for one full round.

Power Overdrive
Effect: If the triggering attack hits, you lose a Tick of Hit Points, and the triggering attack deals bonus damage
equal to your Tick Value plus your Occult Education Rank. This loss of Hit Points cannot be prevented in any way.
[+] Spoiler
Berserk Blow
Condition: The Triggering Move is 1-Target
Effect: The Move causes the target to become Vulnerable for 1 full round, and the Move's Critical Hit Range is increased by +3.

Energy Link
Effect: For one full round, the next Normal-Type attack to hit the target instead deals Damage of the same Type as this Attack. If the Attack Energy Link was applied to was already Normal-Typed, for one full round, the next Normal-Type attack to hit the target instead deals damage as if it was one step more Super-Effective.

Enlarged Power
Effect: The Move gains the keyword Burst 1 if Melee 1-Target, or Blast 2 if ranged 1-Target. If the Move is already a Burst, Blast, Cone, or Line, increase the size of the Move’s Range by 1.

Lock of Fate
Effect: The Move cannot be Intercepted, and targets may not avoid the attack in any way if hits (such as via Dodge, Parry, Shield Moves, etc). Evasion still applies, and the Move can still Miss.
[+] Spoiler
Shade Caller
[Class] [+Attack or Special Attack]
Prerequisites: Elemental Connection (Dark), Novice Guile, Novice Stealth
Static
Effect: You learn the Moves Faint Attack and Snarl.

Twisted Soul
Prerequisites: Shade Caller
Static
Effect: You gain the Conqueror Ability.

Living Shadow
Prerequisites: Shade Caller
Static
Effect: Your own Shadow can attack others; you may have your Dark Type Moves originate from any Square adjacent to you. If you are fghting among complete darkness, you may have your Dark Type Moves originate from any square within X meters that is completely dark, where X is the higher of your Guile or Stealth Rank. Attacks originating from Living Shadow do not trigger effects that rely on being hit with a melee attack.

World of Darkness
Prerequisites: Shade Caller, Adept Guile or Stealth
2 AP – Standard Action
Effect: You create a zone of Shifting Darkness in a Burst 2 around you, which persists until the end of the encounter. All targets without Darkvision attacking from or into the Shifting Darkness receive a -3 penalty to Accuracy. You may count Shifting Darkness as complete darkness for the purposes of activating your Living Shadow. As a Static effect, you also gain the Darkvision Capability.

Sharpen Shadows
Prerequisites: Shade Caller, Expert Guile or Stealth
Static
Effect: You learn the Moves Dark Pulse and Night Slash.

Heart of Darkness
Prerequisites: Sharpen Shadows, Master Guile or Stealth
Static
Effect: You learn the Moves Night Daze and Punishment.

Dark Soul
Prerequisites: Shade Caller, Master Guile or Stealth
Static
Effect: Choose Shadow Tag or Super Luck. You gain the chosen Ability.
[+] Spoiler
Apparition
[Class] [+Attack] [Weapon]
Prerequisites: Elemental Connection (Ghost), Novice Intimidate, Novice Occult Education
Static
Effect: When wielding Melee Weapons, you may use Occult Education or Intimidate instead of Combat to determine the Damage Base of your Struggle Attacks, to resist Disarm Maneuvers, and to qualify for a Weapon's Moves. Your Weapon Attacks always treat you as having the Reach Capability, and foes may not activate Reaction effects against them that specify being hit by a Melee Attack.

Shadow Arms
[+Attack] [Weapon]
Prerequisites: Apparition
Static
Effect: You learn the Moves Shadow Punch and Shadow Sneak. You may use these Moves as Weapon Attacks when wielding Melee Weapons.

Too Spooky
[+Attack]
Prerequisites: Apparition
Static
Effect: Choose Pressure, Omen, or Frighten. You gain the chosen Ability.

Silent Assassin
[+Attack] [Weapon]
Prerequisites: Apparition, Adept Intimidate or Occult Education
Bind 2 AP – Standard Action
Effect: While this Feature is Bound, your Struggle Attacks and Weapon Attacks Flinch targets on 18+, and may deal Ghost-Type Damage if you wish. You gain a bonus to Stealth checks equal to half your Occult Education Rank.
Bonus: You gain the Dead Silent Capability.

Shadow Form
[+Attack]
Prerequisites: Silent Assassin, Expert Intimidate or Occult Education
Bind 2 AP – Swift Action
Effect: While this Feature is Bound, your appearance becomes wan and obviously otherworldly. Your natural Weaknesses, Resistances, and Immunities change to match that of the Ghost Type. Additionally, while in Shadow Form, you are immune to the Cursed Status (if you were previously Cursed, you are instantly cured upon going into Shadow Form) and gain the Phasing Capability. You may unbind this Feature as a Swift Action, returning to your normal appearance.

Phantom Menace
[+Attack] [Weapon]
Prerequisites: Shadow Arms, Expert Intimidate or Occult Education
Static
Effect: You gain the Moves Shadow Claw and Phantom Force. You may use these Moves as Weapon Attacks when wielding Melee Weapons.

Haunted Wounds
[+Attack] [Weapon]
Prerequisites: Shadow Arms, Master Intimidate or Occult Education
Scene x2 – Free Action
Trigger: You hit with an Apparition Move or Ghost Typed Weapon Attack
Effect: After one full round, repeat the triggering attack against one target as a Free Action, regardless of range. If this attack hits, it deals damage as if it were resisted one step further. Haunted Wounds may only affect a target once per Scene.
[+] Spoiler
Note: You no longer need anything special to use these Moves. If you have Adept or greater Occult Education and an Arcane Weapon, you're good, just like with normal Weapon Moves.
[+] Spoiler
Altered Moves:
Arcane Fury: AC2, DB6, 16-20 Effect Range.
Energy Blast: AC3, DB6, 16-20 Effect Range.
Energy Sphere: AC3, DB6, 16-20 Effect Range.
Rending Spell: AC2, DB7, 15-20 Effect Range.
Resonance Beam: AC2, DB6, 18-20+ Effect Range.
Secret Force: AC3, DB7.

Move: Magic Weapon
Effect: The user gains +1 Special Attack, and increase the user's Accuracy by +1.
Limitation: None

Move: Touch of Fatigue
AC: 2
Damage Base 7: 2d6+10 / 17
Class: Special
Range: Melee
Effect: Touch of Fatigue Slows the target for one full round on 15+.
Limitation: Melee Weapons Only

Move: Arcane Ray
Damage Base 3: 1d6+5 / 9
Range: WR, 1 Target, Double Strike
Effect: Arcane Ray Flinches the target on 19+.
Limitation: Ranged Weapons Only

Move: Merciful Smite
Damage Base 5: 1d8+8 / 13
Range: WR, 1 Target
Effect: Merciful Smite's damage cannot bring a target lower than 1 HP. Merciful Smite cannot miss.
[+] Spoiler
Altered Moves:
Arcane Storm: AC2, DB9
Bane: AC2, DB8
Cone of Force: AC2, DB9
Energy Vortex: AC4, DB5
Magic Burst: AC2, DB9
Spirit Lance: AC2, DB10

Move: Magic Missile
Damage Base 3: 1d6+5 / 9
Range: WR, 1 Target, Five Strike
Effect: Magic Missile cannot miss.

Move: Mage Armor
Effect: Raise the user's Defense by +1 Combat Stage and raise the user's Special Defense by +1 Combat Stage. The user gains +2 Evasion.

Move: Enervation
AC: 3
Damage Base 9: 2d10+10 / 21
Range: WR, 2 Targets
Effect: If Enervation hits, all legal targets become Vulnerable for 1 full round. Enervation Suppresses the targets on 15+.

Type: Glitterdust
Damage Base 10: 3d8+10 / 24
Range: Cone 2
Effect: Glitterdust Blinds all legal targets for 1 full round on 15+.

MISC. STUFF----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[+] Spoiler
Suppression: Suppressed uses cannot use any Moves with a Frequency other than "At-Will". At the start of each of their turns, other than the first turn they are Suppressed, a Suppressed target must roll a d20. On a roll of 11 or higher, the target may act normally that turn. On a roll of 16 or higher, the target is cured of Suppression.
[+] Spoiler
Ability: Helper
Static
Effect: Connection - Helping Hand. Whenever the user uses a Move that targets a single ally, that ally gains a +1 Bonus to Accuracy, Evasion, and Skill Checks until the end of the user's next turn.

Ability: Life Force
Daily x3 – Swift Action
Effect: The user gains two Ticks of Hit Points.

Ability: Absorb Force
Scene - Free Action
Effect: The user takes damage as if the attack was resisted one step further.
Bonus: The user gains 5 Damage Reduction against Physical Attacks.

Ability: Crush Trap
Static
Effect: Connection - Wrap. As long as the user has Dominance in a Grapple, they do not become Vulnerable because of that Grapple. If the user begins their turn as part of a Grapple and has Dominance, they may use the actions listed in the Grapple Maneuver as a Swift Action instead of a Full Action.
[+] Spoiler
Basic Runes
Effect: When you would take Massive or Super-Effective damage, you may destroy a Cleanse Tag in your possession to reduce that damage by 5, after Weakness and Resistance. This may prevent Massive Damage from occurring.

Grace
Prerequisites: Novice Charm, Command, Guile, Intimidate, or Intuition
Effect: Your Pokémon may consume and benefit from 2 more Poffins each. If this Pokémon is traded to a Trainer without the Grace feature, these extra dice from additional Poffins are not lost, but a Trainer without Grace may not benefit from more than 6 Dice gained
from Poffins You may always use any of the Skills that are prerequisites for Grace in the Introduction Stage of a Contest to roll for Contest Stat Dice of any kind.
Bonus: Once per Scene, when you or your Pokémon would lose a Combat Stage from any source, they may instead not lose that Combat Stage.

Arcane Weapon Focus
Prerequisites: Adept Occult Education, Elemental Connection
Effect: Choose an instance of Elemental Connection that you possess. Whenever you use an Arcane Weapon Move, you may choose to have it deal damage of that type instead of Normal. If you chose Elemental Connection (Normal), your Arcane Weapon Moves gain a +1 bonus to Effect Range and Damage Base.

Expanded Repertoire
Prerequisites: Adept Combat or Occult Education
Effect: You learn one Adept Weapon or Arcane Weapon Move of your choice. You may use this Move as a Weapon Move when wielding an appropriate Weapon.(Yes, you may choose an Arcane Weapon Move even if you qualified for the Edge with Combat, and vice-versa, but you must still have the right Weapon Type to use it)

Bare Necessities [Hobbyist]
Prerequisites: Novice Tech Education or Novice Survival
Effect: You may craft Tents, Fishing Lures, Flashlights, Water Filters, Sleeping Bags, Rope, and Lighters for half of their purchase price.

Hawkeye [Hobbyist]
Prerequisites: Adept Perception
Effect: You gain a +2 bonus on vision-based Perception checks, and you reduce the penalties to Accuracy Checks from being Blinded or Totally Blinded by 3.

Saw That Coming
Prerequisites: Expert Perception
Effect: You gain +1 Evasion against ranged attacks originating at least 5 meters from you.

Opportunist [Hobbyist]
Prerequisites: Adept Perception or Stealth
Effect: You gain a +2 bonus to Accuracy Checks when making Attacks of Opportunity.

You Can Do Better [Hobbyist]
Prerequisites: Adept Command
Effect: When an ally within 3 meters of you makes a contested Skill Check, they may add half of your Rank in that Skill to their check.

Scrap Efficiency
Prerequisites: Adept Technology Education
Effect: When converting an item into Scrap, you gain Scrap equal to 75% of the item's cost, instead of 50%.

I Can Use This
Prerequisites: Expert Technology Education
Effect: You may convert any Food, Medicine, Repellent, Poke Ball, or Fashion Item into Scrap of its category, even if you cannot Craft that item.

Fast Hands
Prerequisites: Adept Acrobatics or Athletics; 12 Speed
Effect: You may add half your Speed Evasion and half your number of positive Speed Combat Stages to all of your damage rolls(max 3 each).

Up To Speed
Prerequisites: 15 Speed
Effect: Increase your Overland Capability by one third of your Speed Evasion(max 2).

Through The Pain [Hobbyist]
Prerequisites: Adept Focus
Effect: You gain a +3 bonus to Focus checks made for Precision Skill Checks and to resist pain.
[+] Spoiler
Combat Medic
[+Defense or Special Defense] [Hobbyist]
Prerequisites: Adept Medicine Education, Novice Combat
1 AP - Free Action
Trigger: You apply a Restorative Item
Effect: You may make a Struggle Attack against an adjacent foe as a Free Action. This Struggle Attack counts as an Attack of Opportunity for any Features or Edges you may have, but does not count against the number of Attacks of Opportunity you may make per round.

Strike There!
[Orders]
Scene – Standard Action
Effect: The target's next damaging attack leaves all Legal Targets Vulnerable for one Round, and deals damage as if it were one step less Resisted, to a maximum of Neutral damage. If the attack deals Super-Effective Damage to all Legal Targets, one Legal Target of the attack is Flinched.
(Note: This is a replacement for Strike Again!)

Mixed Power
[+Attack or Special Attack] [Hobbyist]
Prerequisites: Level 5, at least 10 Attack and Special Attack
Static
Effect: You gain the Twisted Power Ability.

Speed Demon
[+Speed]
Prerequisites: Speed's My Game, Expert Acrobatics or Athletics; 20 Speed
Scene - Swift Action
Effect: You gain 3 Speed Tokens. If not spent, these tokens disappear at the end of the Scene. You can spend a Speed Token as a Free Action whenever:
-An attack hits you, but the Accuracy roll is not more than 3 greater than your Speed Evasion, to gain DR against that attack equal to your Speed Evasion doubled;
-You make an Accuracy Check, to add half your Speed Evasion to the result
-You hit with a damaging melee attack, to gain a bonus to damage equal to 2 + your Speed Evasion

Ow The Edge [Hobbyist]
[+Any]
Prerequisites: None
Static
Effect: You gain two Edges for which you qualify.

Walk It Off
[+HP]
Prerequisites: Adept Athletics, Novice Focus
Daily – Shift Action
Effect: Remove one Injury from yourself and regain 1/4th of your maximum Hit Points. This Injury removal doesn't count against the natural healing limit on Injuries each day.

Natural Selection
[+HP]
Prerequisites: Expert Survival; Traveler or Survival Drive
Static
Effect: You learn the Moves Secret Power and Nature Power. When you take this Feature, choose Physical or Special. Whenever you use these moves, they are treated as the chosen Damage Class, adding the appropriate Stat.

All-Seeing Eyes
[+Special Defense] [Hobbyist]
Prerequisites: Adept Perception
Static
Effect: You gain the Perception Ability.
[+] Spoiler
Psychology 101
Description: Become an ace attorney in seconds flat!
Rank 1 - Novice Intuition: You gain a +3 bonus to Intuition checks made to discern lies or determine someone's attitude. If you have spent at least an hour with the subject in total, this increases to a +5 bonus. If you fail one of these Intuition checks, you lose this bonus against that target for 24 hours.
Rank 2 - Expert Intuition: You gain a +2 bonus on all rolls made against targets that you know have deceived or otherwise attempted to hide their feelings or actions from you in the past 24 hours.

The Art Of Disguise
Description: Become anyone in seconds flat!
Rank 1 - Adept Guile: While you are disguised as a certain person, people and Pokemon who know that person take a -1 penalty to all rolls made against you.
Rank 2 - Expert Guile: You can don a disguise as a Standard Action. Anyone who witnesses this will not be fooled by your disguise.

Bingo Book
Description: A Bingo Book covers a unique city or county, and details well-known, revered, and infamous people native to the area.
Rank 1 Effect - Novice General Education: You gain a bonus equal to half your General Education Rank on Intuition, Guile, Intimidate, and Charm checks when dealing with people native to the area covered in this Bingo Book.
Rank 2 Effect - Expert General Education: Once per day, you may substitute a General Education check for an Intuition, Guile, Intimidate, or Charm check while in the area covered by this Bingo Book.

Forbidden Scroll
Description: These lost arts will help anyone become an expert ninja!
Rank 1 Effect - Novice Stealth: You gain a +2 bonus to all rolls against targets unaware of your presence.
Rank 2 Effect - Expert Stealth: Whenever your Stealth Check beats an Opposed Perception check, your next die roll against the losing party gains a bonus equal to your Stealth Rank. You may only gain this bonus once per Scene per target.

Scare Tactics
Description: Scare the daylights out of your enemies! ...and most of your friends, too.
Rank 1 Effect - Adept Intimidate: You gain a +1 Accuracy Bonus with and a +2 bonus to Intimidate rolls to make or resist Terrorize Maneuvers.
Rank 2 Effect - Master Intimidate: Once per Scene, when you hit a foe with the Terrorize Maneuver, the target of the Maneuver takes a penalty to all rolls equal to your Intimidate Rank for one full round.

Guide To The No-Sell
Description: Shrug off attacks and look cool doing so!
Rank 1 Effect - Adept Combat: You gain 5 Damage Reduction while you are not wearing Armor of any kind.
Rank 2 Effect - Master Combat: Once per Scene, when you apply Damage Reduction against an attack, the next damage roll you make gains a bonus equal to that Damage Reduction.

Fortune Comes Easy
Description: Tarot, tea leaves, palm reading, there are all sorts of ways to scam...I mean, tell the future!
Rank 1 Effect - Novice Perception: Whenever you roll a natural 20, you gain a +2 bonus to the next roll you make.
Rank 2 Effect - Expert Perception: As long as your AP is Drained for this effect, at the beginning of each Scene you may roll a d6 and note the result. Once during the Scene, you can choose to add the noted result to any check you make, after your roll.

Philanderer's Compendium
Description: The ultimate guide to pickin' 'em up and lettin' em down hard!
Rank 1 Effect - Adept Charm: If a foe targets only you with a Social Move, you gain a +2 bonus to Accuracy on any Social Move you use against that foe on your next turn.
Rank 2 Effect - Master Charm: Once per Scene, when you hit with the Flirt Maneuver, the target must Shift as close to you as possible using their highest available Movement Capability on their next turn.

Captain's Log
Description: How to run a tight ship...figuratively.
Rank 1 Effect - Adept Command: You gain a bonus equal to half your Command Rank on Charm, Intuition, Guile, and Intimidate checks against your subordinates and Trainers or Pokemon you have bested in an Opposed Check in the past 24 hours.
Rank 2 Effect - Expert Command: Once per Scene, before an ally rolls a Save Check against a Status Affliction, you may roll a Command Check, and substitute your roll in place of that ally's Save Check.

1001 Mind-Boggling Facts
Description: They were pretty literal on this one.
Rank 1 Effect: Novice Focus, Basic Psionics: When you use Confusion, its Effect Range is increased by +3.
Rank 2 Effect: Master Focus: Once per Scene, when you roll 17+ on Accuracy Check with a Psychic-Type attack, one target of the attack becomes Confused.
[+] Spoiler
Rage changed to Damage Base 6: 2d6+8 / 15
Astonish changed to Damage Base 6: 2d6+8 / 15
Spark changed to Damage Base 7: 2d6+10 / 17
Parabolic Charge changed to AC2, Damage Base 7: 2d6+10 / 17
Fell Stinger changed to Damage Base 5: 1d8+8 / 13
Leech Life's Frequency changed to EOT, Damage Base 8: 2d8+10 / 19
Mystical Fire changed to Damage Base 8: 2d8+10 / 19
Flying Press changed to Damage Base 10: 3d8+10 / 24
Thunder Wave now has an AC of 2, and can miss.
Stored Power, Power Trip, and Spacial Rend changed to Scene x2 Frequency.
Aeroblast and Judgment changed to Scene Frequency.
Shock Wave, Mist Ball, and Luster Purge changed to EOT Frequency.
Seed Flare gains the Smite and Spirit Surge Keywords.
Kinesis changed to a Swift Action.

Move: Steam Eruption
Type: Water
AC: 3
Damage Base 11: 3d10+10 / 27
Range: Burst 1
Effect: Steam Eruption Burns all Legal Targets on 15+. Steam Eruption may be used even if the user is Frozen, and cures the user and all Legal Targets of the Frozen condition.
Contest Type: Beauty
Contest Effect: Inversed Appeal
If you read any of that at all, thank you. If you didn't, I don't blame you. Anyway, you're free to give feedback or use this stuff or not, up to you. If you think there's anything I missed, or something that's still weak or now too strong, point it out and I'll see if I can take a swipe at it.

I'll probably be coming up with even more Edges and Features in the near future, but no guarantee.

Oh, and if you're wondering why I didn't do anything to Dancer, it's because...well, I wanted to incorporate the new Abilities from Generation 7, but I felt that would be much more like a complete retooling of the Class, and far less like a balancing patch.

EDIT: Moved the Patch Notes to the first post, for easier reference.

Thanks to: djtooth and Rhydis! And all my players for putting up with this while it's in the testing phases.
Last edited by Thrice on November 27th, 2017, 4:10 am, edited 20 times in total.

Zen
Pokémon Trainer
Zen
Pokémon Trainer

June 23rd, 2017, 8:33 pm #5

At a glance, pretty interesting stuff. Also at a glance: You mention Roughneck in the patch notes, but you seem to have forgotten to include the actual details of it :P

Thrice
Pokémon Trainer

June 23rd, 2017, 8:42 pm #6

Whoops, it was in between Juggler and Survivalist - I must've missed it in the copy over from Evernote. It's there now!

Zen
Pokémon Trainer
Zen
Pokémon Trainer

June 23rd, 2017, 9:27 pm #7

Ah, it was on a boundary between posts, I can kinda see how that happened :P

Meanwhile: Your version of Adaptable Performance is...pretty interesting, takes a moment to wrap your head around what you can do with it. I approve conceptually. Possibly alarmingly powerful, not sure - almost feels like a capstone. Teach Earthquake, you now have access to a Scene Burst 3 attack of the type of any move on your movelist, chosen at the time. Similar shenanigans with Surf. In general lets you come up with all manner of improvised "signature techniques" without being an Ace Trainer. Or you can combine Swift with high power/low AC moves. Cool stuff. One question:
wrote:Choose two of your Pokémon's Moves with a Damage Base.
wrote:treat Self Moves as AC2
I feel like one of these shouldn't be in here? :P

EDIT: Oh, and another queston: How does it interact with the Frequency of the two moves in question? Consumes both? (e.g. so if they're both Scene moves, you can't use either of them afterwards)

(In my own group, we just allow Adaptable Performance in battle to let you swap contest types, the same as in Contests - significant only for Style Experts, but still better than nothing)
Last edited by Zen on June 23rd, 2017, 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thrice
Pokémon Trainer

June 24th, 2017, 4:59 am #8

Ah, that got carried over from an older version that didn't require DBs, I think. Now THAT was too strong. And, yeah, I think it likely should consume the Frequency of both - I should replace the "Can't use either Move on the next turn of Battle" clause with that one.

Zen
Pokémon Trainer
Zen
Pokémon Trainer

June 24th, 2017, 1:30 pm #9

Ha, right, I can see how that could have been too far - Thunder Wave Earthquake! Water Sport Aqua Ring!

Roughneck is interesting. I take it you felt its move-enhancements didn't shape up compared to Provocateur's? I can see it for Leer, certainly, and having access to a pseudo-Roar is interesting (though possibly not in keeping with the general semi-tank playstyle of the class).

In my group, the main thing about Roughneck we've toyed with changing (and not really for balance reasons) is just allowing some or all of the class run off "Athletics or Intimidate" rather than only Intimidate. A ton of classes can run off Intimidate; Athletics gets much less love - and it allows Roughneck to share a skill with Enduring Soul, which seems thematic. Possibly still needing Intimidate for the most 'social skill' parts (Glare, Mean Look, arguably Fearsome Display and Menace)? *shrug*
Last edited by Zen on June 24th, 2017, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thrice
Pokémon Trainer

June 24th, 2017, 3:49 pm #10

Yeah, it didn't compare well to Provocateur, which got effects of similar power to Roughneck's 2 AP Swift Action feature as static bonuses with a Spirit Surge(as in, work on hit or miss) effect. The Feat was also just a little lacking compared to other Classes with similar Feats, like Miasmic. Leer's effect is what it is because it fits in with Intimidate - scaring 'em away and all. And hey, sometimes tanks need to get people away from them and their allies! Also I wanted to give any reason to actually use Leer without copying Provocateur.

I considered making Athletics a bigger part of the Class, but I tried to leave Prereqs across the board mostly the same, so I didn't end up doing it here. Feel free to, though, it's not a bad idea, as like you said, there are a lot of Classes who can run with Intimidate, but an Athletics-focused fighter is kind of shoehorned into a few Classes.