OlorinTheOtaku
Pokémon Trainer
OlorinTheOtaku
Pokémon Trainer

August 19th, 2018, 1:22 pm #2391

DataNinja wrote:No, you wouldn't be able to directly, because how levelling up in PTU works differently than in the games. You simply get 1 stat point per level in one stat (the equivalent of 10 stat points in the video games), there are no such things as EVs or IVs to change stats, and so forth.
Ah, yes of course... I didn't think of that.
Just because something is fictional doesn't mean its not real.

Rumcake
Pokémon Trainer
Rumcake
Pokémon Trainer

August 23rd, 2018, 10:11 pm #2392

Q: 658

I'm running a campaign, and one of the NPC's I'm making is going to use Pokebots, but I'm struggling to figure out how to properly stat them.
The book states, "Small Pokébots begin with 32 total base stats, distributed as you like, with a maximum of 6 in a given stat." but the example of a small BeeDrone doesn't seem to follow those rules?
The total stats for it are, Stats: 12/15/5/1/5/12 (HP. ATK. DEF. SP ATK. SP DEF. SPEED)
So, the total possible base stats for it would be 6/6/5/1/5/6, which is a total 29 stars. Did they just not use those extra 3 base stats they had?
Next, and this might especially be where I'm messing something up, it's level 15. A lvl 15 pokemon would have a total of 25 stars to allocate, but if I'm seeing this right, then that BeeDrone is only using 21 of those stats.
Am I missing something here, or is it safe to assume that the example just isn't using all of its available stats?

Phistandantilus
Pokémon Trainer
Phistandantilus
Pokémon Trainer

August 26th, 2018, 1:36 am #2393

Q659 Silly question... the rulebook says status effects stack. Does that mean both Poison and Bad Poison stack? Can a target be both poisoned AND badly poisoned?
Last edited by Phistandantilus on August 26th, 2018, 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

DataNinja
Pokémon Trainer
DataNinja
Pokémon Trainer

August 26th, 2018, 2:54 am #2394

A659 (Please make sure to number your questions): No, Poison and Bad Poison do not stack. A target can only be one or the other.

Phistandantilus
Pokémon Trainer
Phistandantilus
Pokémon Trainer

August 26th, 2018, 3:34 am #2395

DataNinja wrote:A659 (Please make sure to number your questions): No, Poison and Bad Poison do not stack. A target can only be one or the other.
Ok, edited original question to include Q-number

And~ Q660, where can i find that distinction in the rulebook, for quotation purposes? Sorry, I'm posting from a mobile device that can't really do pdfs, or I'd just search it myself again...

DataNinja
Pokémon Trainer
DataNinja
Pokémon Trainer

August 26th, 2018, 6:36 am #2396

A 660: The developers have clarified that it is their intention for it to not stack. However, taking simply rulebook evidence:
wrote:Poisoned: The target’s Special Defense Value is lowered by 2 Combat Stages for the duration of the poison. Poison and Steel-Type Pokémon are immune to becoming Poisoned. If a Poisoned Target takes a Standard Action or is prevented from taking a Standard Action by an effect such as Sleep, Flinch, or Paralysis, they lose a Tick of Hit Points at the end of that turn. When Badly Poisoned, the afflicted instead loses 5 Hit Points; this amount is doubled each consecutive round (10, 20, 40, etc).
Crucially, these are both located under the same heading - Poisoned - rather than being two separate ones. In addition, Badly Poisoned uses instead, meaning that, strictly, Badly Poisoned would take precedence over Poisoned.

l33tmaan
Pokémon Trainer

September 9th, 2018, 7:46 pm #2397

Q661: Berserker doesn't learn Fury Swipes to my knowledge, so is Lessons In Rage & Pain supposed to refer to Double Edge, or does Crash and Smash actually teach Fury Swipes instead? Or is this actually correct for some reason?

jsbaker73
Pokémon Trainer
jsbaker73
Pokémon Trainer

September 13th, 2018, 12:21 pm #2398

Q662: I just learned about PTU and PTA recently and I've been looking into both systems to get to know their differences. It seems one thing PTU does is create level requirements for some pokemon who normally evolve with a stone, while PTA has no such requirements. I think I saw someone say that this change was made so players don't try to demand to get those stones from the DM immediately. However, there's at least one case where I found a problem.

Snorunt evolves into Froslass with a dawn stone when she is at least at level 40. However, Froslass learns a very different moveset from Snorunt after level 14 and not many of her level-up moves are on her tutor list. I believe these movesets might come from PTA where you can evolve your Snorunt immediately into Froslass if you wanted to. So by adding the level requirement without adjusting the movesets, Froslass misses out on learning 2/3rds of her moves.

I haven't looked for other cases like this, but is there a general solution people have found for this situation? Should the minimum level requirement be ignored? Should Froslass' pre-40 moves be added to her tutor list? Is there a mistake with the pokedex? (by the way, there is a typo in the Pokedex 1.05+ where Snorunt's entry says that it evolves at level 30 while both Glalie and Froslass' entries say level 40)

DataNinja
Pokémon Trainer
DataNinja
Pokémon Trainer

September 13th, 2018, 4:40 pm #2399

A662: The PTU rulebook already has you covered. Page 202, under "Evolution" reads:
When Pokémon Evolve, they can immediately learn any Moves that their new form learns at a Level lower than their minimum Level for Evolution but that their previous form could not learn.  For example, Snorlax could learn Yawn and Belly Drum.
So, when your Snorunt evolves, it can learn any moves that it couldn't previously learn if they are below level 30 (when two values in the PokéDex conflict for evolution levels, use the lower value).
As an aside, all Movelists are entirely from the games, so blame Gamefreak for any issues there.