Here Lies the Buried

Moderators: Novice Moderators, Board Moderators

Here Lies the Buried

August 25th, 2017, 3:19 pm #1

[+] spoiler
Five months have passed since Jax's last thread. IC, three months have passed.
The cracked ground was dusty, dirty, the same as it always was. Sunlight soaked the dark, dry earth, but the place still drowned in dimness. The area was arid and worse than a marsh in a drought. He could barely hear his footsteps, which made the place sound like death; Silence, the occasional smell of oil and something decaying, and stillness. Jax paused, pointing his ear to the air. He listened. He could hear nothing in the distance but the low rumble of faded memories, or something like that. Fuck, it's been so long and this place still gives me the creeps.

[+] spoiler
Alexiana
Honchkrow #430
Received at Level 7
Evolved at Level 26
Nickname: Lexi
Type: Dark / Flying
Ability: Insomnia
Height: 2'9"
Weight: 59.4 lbs
Health: High
EXP Rate: Medium Slow
EXP Gauge: (417/445)
EXP Gained: 407
[+] spoiler
+217 from Remiel Reap
+138 from A Jerk in Need
+52 from Flirtation...
Level: 36
Division: D5
Total Stats: 504
  • Attack: 171 (34%)
  • Defense: 55
  • Sp. Attack: 126 (25%)
  • Sp. Defense: 62
  • Speed: 90
Vitamins Used: None
Moveset:
1. Astonish
1. Peck
4. Pursuit
11. Haze
15. Wing Attack
21. Night Shade
25. Assurance
26. Night Slash
31. Taunt
35. Nasty Plot

Unique Moves:
- Telekinesis (TM)
- Icy Wind (TM)
- Hidden Power [Fighting] (TM)
- Roost (TM)
Item: None
[Word Count: 1,618]
[Edit Reason: Writing as I go along]
[+] spoiler

[Alexiana | lvl 36]

[Mitzi | lvl 16]

[--------]
Jaxon Oswald Himmel
[/center]
Age wrote:30 Years Old
Total EXP Gained wrote:407 EXP
Favorite Color wrote:Indigo
Current Topic wrote:<Link>
Current Location wrote:Miner Memorial Caves
Current Status wrote:Disgruntled

[--------]

[--------]

[--------]

March 10th, 2018, 11:55 pm #2

There were many occupations that Jax had thrust himself into in his lifetime. Construction work, mining, surfing, volley ball coaching, fire fighting and even babysitting. He had frequently consulted his best friend Jicky before entering each one. This time, he hadn't done any consultation, and he took out his phone with Jicky's number glowing on the screen.

"Jicky?"

"Jax! What's up? You're not in any trouble are you?"

"Not me."

"Don't tell me you are the trouble." Jicky raised his voice and leaned in closer to the screen on his end, trying to observe closer Jax's background. Within the holographic correspondence ran a child being chased by a pokemon. Jicky said a few words to calm the child down, but not getting any positive compliance, he decided to walk into another, more brightly lit room safe from the clamor of energetic beings.

"So, I was kicked out of the fitness troupe I was in."

"Kicked out, Jax? I'm not going to even ask how. What are you up to now?"

"Well, you see." Jax began to respond, before hopping over a boulder in his way.

Jax ran past another cave entrance and glanced toward the sky. A black dot travelled across his field of vision and circled around him. Silently, he walked along the rocky earth and breathed in the dry, cool air.

"Nothing, yet." He spoke into the glowing device strapped to his wrist. A momentary silence and the device beeped again. A holographic projection of a dim cave tunnel bounced on his wrist. Nothing popped up in the projection aside from the downward traversing rear-end of a Houndoom.

"At least you have space to stretch up there." A raspy response accompanied the livestream. The girl had put on a mask to filter through the thick underground air of the mines. Jax breathed a sigh of repressed relief. He had been holding his breath at the edge of his consciousness, responding in relief of knowing that the girl hadn't gotten into any danger yet.

"We can switch you know, Gonorrhea." Jax said, as he sat himself down on a boulder with a glint of oil streaked across its top.

"It's Aniara, you brickhead. As the rookie you should be the one down here, but oh wait. You only have that bird of yours. What use would it have down here? If only you had more pokemon to choose from." If the holocaster had salivary glands, Jax would have felt her spitting through the screen. Did she have to be so difficult?

"You know what? Fine. I'll catch the next useful pokemon I see. Wouldn't want the little princess to have to face the dark, scary tunnels every time." Jax made his voice squeaky and rolled his eyes at her unending remarks.

"Shut up, do you hear something?" she said, as the holocaster screen began to blink. Jax heard the growl of her Houndoom and watched as streaks of embers spewed forth on the screen. Then, the holocaster screen blinked off.

She's fine, Jax. She's fine. Jax waited a moment before pressing the holocaster to reconnect the call.

"Aniara? Hey, Aniara." He rang up her caller ID again, and waited for the hologram to redisplay the tunnel. Two rings. Three rings.

Shit. I fucking knew this would happen.
[+] spoiler

[Alexiana | lvl 36]

[Mitzi | lvl 16]

[--------]
Jaxon Oswald Himmel
[/center]
Age wrote:30 Years Old
Total EXP Gained wrote:407 EXP
Favorite Color wrote:Indigo
Current Topic wrote:<Link>
Current Location wrote:Miner Memorial Caves