[Evaluated]Clash of the Ladies

Moderator: Board Moderators

[Evaluated]Clash of the Ladies

January 6th, 2015, 12:27 am #1

Lili -
Bus Driver -
Pokemon Center Nurse #1 -

The insides of the subway cart roasted as the heaters spewed hot air wherever they could. The weather outside had began to turn somewhat chilly, so the heat was turned up all the way, making it feel similar to a slow cooker inside. Lili was far too proud of her coat to take it off, but she couldn't but worry that the smell of sticky sweat had began to emanate from her. She could only but imagine the relief once the train had pulled to a stop and the doors parted way.

'This stop, Oreback Town.' A female voice from the sound of the buzzing speakers.

Lili took her bag and hopped off of the train as she wiped a bead of sweat from her forehead. She took the subway ticket from her pocket and folded it in half. Her first thought was to throw it in the bin as she walked past, but as she attempted to drop it in, she imagined putting it into a scrapbook. She imagined the words 'My Journey' written on the front, maybe written in calligraphy, or even spelled out in rhinestones. Either way, she decided on putting it back into her pocket.

As soon as she left the station she took in a deep breath and inhaled the fresh, Western humid air. True, the air here didn't feel as fresh and pure as it did back down south, but she felt thrilled to be breathing air in part of a country which she had never visited.

A bus trotted along the road and stopped once it reached the small, narrow bus-stop. Lili took a cautious step towards the bus and stopped as she reached the steps. She leaned in through the doors in effort to speak to the driver.

"Excuse me?" She asked him sheepishly.

"Yes young lady, what can I do for ya'?" The sweaty bus driver replied as he lounged back in his seat.

"Where can I find the nearest Pokemon Centre?" she asked, pressing her hand against the metallic exterior of the bus. As soon as her hand rested on the bus, Lili pulled it away -- the heat from driving around in the sun all day only made the bus burn.

The driver sat up for a moment. He stretched is arms out and leaned on the wheel. "Yeah, three stops and bang. You're there."

"Oh, lovely." Lili told the driver. She climbed onto the bus one step at a time and dropped a couple of coins into the dish next to the driver's seat. "Keep the change." She told him. As she tiptoed down the narrow isle of the bus, she held her arms upwards from the elbow in attempt to not touch any of the seats or rails as she passed, from a young age she was told public transport were filthy and disgusting. "Don't want any of those filthy, filthy germs." She mumbled to herself once she had taken a seat.

The driver coughed somewhat loudly, almost as if he was about to spew up his lungs. Once he was done, he shut the doors and put his foot down. The rickety little bus bounced up and down the road as the driver followed the dirt road. The bus came to an abrupt stop on a residential street.

Lili sighed as she looked out of the window. She just wanted to get to a Pokemon centre, let her Pokemon rest, and have a shower. The bus quickly came to a start and the bus treaded down the road once more. The next stop was outside some small stores. Lili tried to remember whereabouts the stores were, just incase she needed to take a trek back later in order gather some things.

"Pokemon Centre right?" The bus driver called out from the front seat.

"That's right." Lili nodded.

"Next stop then." He coughed, putting his foot down and bringing the bus to a move once more. It only took a couple of minutes, and the bus came to a halt outside the white and red building. Lili climbed from the seat and hurried along the aisle of the bus before jumping down the steps.

"Thanks, driver." She told him as she walked towards the Pokemon Centre, nearly sprinting in her steps. She stepped at the automatic glass doors and watched her reflection disappear as the doors parted ways.

The sounds of the Pokemon Centre's radio escaped as the doors opened, as well as the cool, warm air which caressed her skin as she stepped inside. The doors closed behind her and suddenly she felt relaxed. She stepped against the counter and gently rested her arms upon the top, waiting for the nurse to notice her.

The nurse flicked her eyes up from the computer screen and presented Lili with a warm smile. "Welcome to the Oreback Pokemon Centre. How may I help you today?"

Lili returned the welcoming smile as she took the four Pokeballs from her pocket and gently held them against the counter. "I've got four tired little Pokemon, and I'd like a room for the night as well, please."

"Certainly." The nurse nodded. She stood up from the seat and took a tray with six spherical grooves indented into it. She took each ball from Lili and gently placed them in the tray. She took a key-card from the desk and slid it on top of the counter. "Your room number is on the card. We'll take care of your Pokemon while you get settled in your room." The nurse blinked happily.

"Thank you, so much." Lili nodded. She took her bag and headed for her room.
[+] spoiler
I wasn't paying attention and this was legit the sentence I wrote:

"The insides of the subway cart roasted on the insides as the heater roasted the insides."

Do you think the insides of the train were hot inside?

Also included colour key at the top to make things easier xoxxo
[+] spoiler
Emilie 'Lili' Kaplan

EXP: 268

Visiting: Tribule Karsts
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Sebastian
Level 20

1. Pound
4. Growl
8. Bubble
11. Water Sport
15. Peck
16. Metal Claw
19. Bubblebeam[/size]
[+] spoiler

Ronnie
Level 18

1. Tackle
1. Harden
4. Mud-Slap
8. Headbutt
11. Metal Claw
13. Rock Tomb
16. Protect[/size]

[+] spoiler

Magnus
Level 19
1. Tackle
5. Supersonic
7. Thundershock
11. Sonicboom
13. Thunder Wave[/small]
17. Magnet Bomb
19. Spark
[+] spoiler

Montgomery
Level 29

1. Confusion
1. Tackle
5. Hypnosis
9. Imprison
11. Confuse Ray
15. Psywave
19. Iron Defense
21. Faint Attack
25. Safeguard
29. Future Sight[/size]
[+] spoiler

Rufus
Level 17

1. Endure
1. Foresight
1. Quick Attack
6. Counter
11. Feint
15. Force Palm
Egg. Blaze Kick[/size]

[+] spoiler

Mienfoo
Level 29

1. Pound
5. Meditate
9. Detect
13. Fake Out
17. DoubleSlap
21. Swift
25. Calm Mind
29. Force Palm
Egg. Knock Off[/size]
[/size]
[+] spoiler
Elijah Hershel

Total EXP: 6

Currently Visiting: Clearchime Monastery
Bruce
Level 5

EXP Gauge: (6/8)

1. Tackle
5. Withdraw
Hue
Level 7

EXP Gauge: (13/15)

1. Tackle
1. Confuse Ray
5. Astonish
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
[/center][/center][/center][/center]

January 6th, 2015, 12:56 am #2

Lili -
Pokemon Center Nurses -//
Gym Receptionist -
Opal -

Once Lili had dried her hair and dressed herself after jumping out of the shower, she immediately returned to the front desk. The nurse behind the desk quickly recognised her and slid the Pokeballs which sat in the tray onto the top of the counter.

"All healthy and ready to go." She told Lili. As soon as she had finished putting the Pokemon on the counter, she turned back to the computer screen and giggled to herself.

Lili took a step away from the counter and pressed each button on the ball. "Sorry for keeping you guys so tired. I hope you're all better now." She smiled. A bright beam of energy flashed from each ball before quickly fading into each respective Pokemon.

Ronnie pranced around Lili's feet, feeling proud of himself as always. Lili nudged him playfully with her ankle, and he suddenly slumped into a playful posture and rubbed himself on her boots. Magnus danced in the air, spinning on the spot as he orbited Lili's body. Each time he came face to face with Lili, the eye on his face closed as if he was smiling.

"Hello to you too." Lili told him as she rubbed his metallic body.

Banette stood on the floor, gently waving her sleeve-like hands side to side. Lili bent her knees and held her hand out to allow the Banette to warm to her. Banette took a step forwards and placed her hand upon Lili's hand. Lili smiled, feeling like the two of them were making good progress.

She straightened her legs as she stood back up and looked down at the last remaining Pokemon. "Sebastian?" She asked, noticing his appearance. Instead of being his small, round, plump cute self, he was now taller with a longer head and two yellow thrill-ridges extending from his beak. She could tell that this was still Ronnie since he stood with both wings resting on his hips as he looked up at the ceiling with his eyes closed in a smug effort.

"Oh, Sebastian." Lili gasped. She dropped to her knees once more and wrapped her arms around him. "Look at you!" She squealed. She quickly let go and used her hands to push him around, making him spin on the spot to inspect his new appearance.

Sebastian had a smirk-like crease upon his beak as he looked up at Lili. He let out a squeal which sounded deeper and louder than it sounded when he was a mere Piplup.

"My little man is growing up." She beamed, almost thinking that she had a tear to wipe from her eyes.

The sounds of oohs and aaahs became apparent as Lili hugged onto her newly grown Pokemon. She looked over her shoulder to notice a bunch of nurses had grouped around the counter, resting their heads on their hands and smiled as they watched Lili hug Sebastian.

"Ooh, he is adorable. He'll be a big strong Empoleon before you know it!" One of the nurses laughed.

"Not as cute as a Piplup, but still cute." one nurse muttered to the other.

Lili stood back up straight and brushed herself off. "May I ask you ladies a question?" She asked politely.

All three of the nurses nodded in unison. "Of course you can, sweetie." One chirped.

Lili took in a deep breath and clenched her fists. "I would like to challenge this town's Gym leader. Where do I go, how do I do it, and when can I do it?"

The nurses blinked for a moment before giggling amongst themselves.

"Oh honey, it's easy. You come out of the Pokemon Centre, take a left and just follow the signs."

"Go into the Gym when you're there and speak to someone."

"They can either book you in or get you ready if they've got a space."

Each nurse smiled at Lili in perfect synchronisation, almost as if they were scary, lifeless robots. She nodded back in a grateful sense before turning back to her Pokemon.

"Okay, ladies and gentlemen." She told the gang as she took their Pokeballs from her pocket. "We're making our first move on our journey today. Next time you're out of your ball, you'll be facing someone strong and important, and we need to work out hardest." She smiled.

Each Pokemon stared up at Lili, somewhat confused. She pressed the button on each ball, calling each Pokemon back one by one.

She gently dropped the Pokeballs back into her pocket and chewed her lip in hesitation. She stepped towards one of the seats and exhaled slowly out of her nose as she perched herself gently upon the seat. She pulled her sleeve back to reveal her holocaster which sat upon her wrist, and navigated her way through the menus displayed until she came to the phone keypad.

“Oh, would you perhaps like the number?” One of the nurses called out, diverting her attention from the screen and towards Lili.

Lili looked up from the Holocaster and gave the nurse a little nod. “That would be grand, thank you.”

The nurse nodded back to Lili before taking a slip of paper and a pen. She looked at the computer screen and scribbled the number down with the scruffy little pen. “Here you go.” She smiled as she slipped the paper upon the counter in front of her. Lili climbed back onto her feet and took the piece of paper from the desk.

“Thank you.” Lili repeated as her eyes fixated on the little scrap of paper. Her heart began to beat faster once she picked it up. She pressed numbers on the holographic display and felt her chest pound even faster. Was it excitement or was it nerves? She couldn’t quite put her finger on it, but she told herself it was a mixture of the two; that was until she pressed the ‘call’ button, and her heart nearly jumped out of her mouth.

The phone rang once, and Lili took in a deep breath. It rang again, and she began to picture a quick script in her mind. The third ring was interrupted as an attractive young woman at a desk materialized in front of Lili, “Good afternoon, Oreback T.I.S Gym. How may I help?” The holographic receptionist asked,

Lili stared in shock for a moment, suddenly feeling more nervous than excited. “Oh, h-hello.” She stuttered in an apprehensive fashion. She closed her eyes and cleared her throat. “Hello, sorry. I’m requesting an appointment to battle the Gym Leader.” She blurted, hoping that it had sounded more confident than it did in her mind.

The woman smiled warmly, sympathetic to the situation presented to the young trainer, and many like her, “It’s alright, just let me check Lady. Tillman’s schedule...” She trailed off as her hologram typed on a keyboard connected to an invisible computer, “You’re in luck, she is free today, would you like me to give her a call? What time works best for you, afternoon or Evening?”

Lili bit her lip gently as she let the question sink in for a moment. “That would be wonderful if you could, thank you.” She paused again for a second. “Preferably the afternoon, I’d love to get there as soon as I could, please. Thank you.” Lili stammered nervously. Her lips curled into a subtle grin. It was finally happening, and she suddenly felt great. “Thank you.” She repeated once more.

The receptionist smiled knowingly, “Of course, hold please,” Her image was replaced with a hologram of a singer holding a microphone, some recording of a stage performance. A soft but rhythmic ballad played quietly in the Pokemon Center. Lili recognised the tune, but she didn’t pay too much attention to it. She quickly found herself humming along as she waited.

The music abruptly stopped and the receptionist reappeared, “I’m going to connect you to Lady Tillman now,” She paused to give Lili time to react.

“Lady Tillman?” Lili asked with a slight sense of panic beneath her breath. “Oh, of course. Thank you.” She replied. She adjusted her hair and her scarf, just to ensure they looked presentable. The feeling of nerves began to feel overwhelming, almost making it feel as if her stomach began to twist and turn.

The receptionist offered one more smile as she was seen pressing a button, and was immediately replaced by an obviously proud woman, with highly styled hair and an impressive day-time dress. One could have mistaken her for a model, especially with the jewelry draping across her collarbone. “Good morning miss, how are you today?”

As Lili took in the image of Lady Tillman, she subconsciously began to imitate her posture by holding her head up unnaturally high. “I’m brilliant, thank you.” Lili smiled in return. “And how are you?” She asked politely. Instead of looking her in the eyes as she had been taught as a child, she found her eyes flickering between the shimmering jewels that Lady Tillman bared.

“Wonderful, thanks for asking,” The Leader replied with the right amount of politeness, and no more, “I heard from my secretary that you are wanting to battle me this afternoon?” Her tone slid further away from cordial as she spoke.

Lili’s gaze moved back up to Lady Tillman’s eyes. “That’s right.” She replied with an unusually false, pretentious tone. She opened her mouth to speak again, but she couldn’t think of anything to say. Instead, she bared an awkward smile and left the moment with nothing but a small silence.

“Good. You’ll be free at One-Thirty?” She stated more than asked, her posture remaining solid and sturdy.

“Brilliant. I look forwards to it.” Lili told the Leader. The longer she stared, the more Lili found herself trying to mirror Lady Tillman’s posture. “Thank you.” She quickly blurted.

“Goodbye,” Tillman replied formally, before her image disappeared.

“Bye.” Lili muttered once the image had gone. She stared into space, daydreaming about the conversation for a second. She blinked, bringing herself back into reality. “Well, there we go.” She laughed to the nurse behind her.

Reason For Edit: Added in Key for Text Colours.
[+] spoiler
Emilie 'Lili' Kaplan

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Sebastian
Level 20

1. Pound
4. Growl
8. Bubble
11. Water Sport
15. Peck
16. Metal Claw
19. Bubblebeam[/size]
[+] spoiler

Ronnie
Level 18

1. Tackle
1. Harden
4. Mud-Slap
8. Headbutt
11. Metal Claw
13. Rock Tomb
16. Protect[/size]

[+] spoiler

Magnus
Level 19
1. Tackle
5. Supersonic
7. Thundershock
11. Sonicboom
13. Thunder Wave[/small]
17. Magnet Bomb
19. Spark
[+] spoiler

Montgomery
Level 29

1. Confusion
1. Tackle
5. Hypnosis
9. Imprison
11. Confuse Ray
15. Psywave
19. Iron Defense
21. Faint Attack
25. Safeguard
29. Future Sight[/size]
[+] spoiler

Rufus
Level 17

1. Endure
1. Foresight
1. Quick Attack
6. Counter
11. Feint
15. Force Palm
Egg. Blaze Kick[/size]

[+] spoiler

Mienfoo
Level 29

1. Pound
5. Meditate
9. Detect
13. Fake Out
17. DoubleSlap
21. Swift
25. Calm Mind
29. Force Palm
Egg. Knock Off[/size]
[/size]
[+] spoiler
Elijah Hershel

Bruce
Level 5

1. Tackle
5. Withdraw
Hue
Level 7

1. Tackle
1. Confuse Ray
5. Astonish
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty

January 21st, 2015, 11:29 pm #3

Lili -
PokeMart Cashier -

The digits showing the time upon the Holocaster blinked slowly. Lili frowned as she checked it for the third time in the space of ten seconds and had not seen the minutes move even by one. The sign pointing towards the gym was directly in front of her, but she didn't want to come across too keen, but she was feeling impatient.

Thoughts of things to distract her crossed her mind. Online shopping could take my mind off of things. She told herself. That was until she noticed a small, square building opposite the Pokemon Center with PokeMart painted upon a faded, wooden sign. Shopping is shopping, I guess..

She pushed the glass door open and slowly browsed the things that stood out to her immediately. If she was in one of the stores that her parents used to take her to in Shiroshore, she'd have already filled up a basket and would be proceeding to fill up a second. But not this time, she had time to waste.

The cashier, a young man, nodded and smiled towards Lili. "If you need anything, I'm here to help." He told her.

"Uh-huh." Liii replied somewhat blankly. Her mind wandered for a moment, thinking about how ghastly it would be to work in something like a store. She had respect for the people selling the jewels and designer clothes back down south, but everything else just seemed awful.

"I see you've got a Holocaster." The cashier mentioned. He bent over and lent on the counter, resting his head on his hand.

Lili looked down at her wrist and gazed at the Holocaster. She quickly jumped back as if in shock. "Woah, you're right!" She gasped sarcastically before turning her attention back to the potions stacked on the shelves.

The cashier laughed genuinely. He was either too dumb to understand that Lili was being a fiend, or too mature to care. "You've got the Item Finder app, right?"

Lili quickly turned her attention to the cashier. "Item... Finder... App?" She repeated as if he had spoken in some alien tongue.

"Yeah. It basically helps you out finding stuff. Oh, they just released the PokeWave App too. I take it you don't have that one as well?"

"I always tell the truth," Lili lied. "And I honestly have no idea what either of those are."

The guy sighed and rolled his eyes subtly. "We can install apps, like your Town Map or those beauty apps you can buy, and they help you find special things or special pokemon."

Lili adjusted the strap on her Holocaster until it came loose enough to slip her wrist through. She placed it on the desk and took her purse from her pocket. "How much?"

The cashier didn't bat an eyelid, much alike Lili. He turned to the cash register and pressed a few buttons until the total Dians appeared on the monitor which faced Lili. Lili nodded and took out the pink credit card which her parents had given her. She slid the card through the card reader and watched as the Cashier scanned barcodes behind the counter and pressed buttons on the Holocaster.

"...Aaand you're all done." The cashier mumbled as be placed the Holocaster upon Lili's wrist, but Lili quickly withdrew her wrist and began to fasten the Holocaster back there herself. "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Lili shook her head. She frowned as her nostrils flared in disgust. In the five minutes that she stood next to him, she couldn't help but think about how he smelled of what could only be described as sweat and social awkwardness. "That's it. Thank you." She told him as she headed out of the Mart.

"Dangit, you nearly had her in the palm of your hand and you messed it up." The cashier mumbled to himself. "Next time, man. Next time."

Reason For Edit: Added in Font Colour Key
[+] spoiler
Emilie 'Lili' Kaplan

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Sebastian
Level 20

1. Pound
4. Growl
8. Bubble
11. Water Sport
15. Peck
16. Metal Claw
19. Bubblebeam[/size]
[+] spoiler

Ronnie
Level 18

1. Tackle
1. Harden
4. Mud-Slap
8. Headbutt
11. Metal Claw
13. Rock Tomb
16. Protect[/size]

[+] spoiler

Magnus
Level 19
1. Tackle
5. Supersonic
7. Thundershock
11. Sonicboom
13. Thunder Wave[/small]
17. Magnet Bomb
19. Spark
[+] spoiler

Montgomery
Level 29

1. Confusion
1. Tackle
5. Hypnosis
9. Imprison
11. Confuse Ray
15. Psywave
19. Iron Defense
21. Faint Attack
25. Safeguard
29. Future Sight[/size]
[+] spoiler

Rufus
Level 17

1. Endure
1. Foresight
1. Quick Attack
6. Counter
11. Feint
15. Force Palm
Egg. Blaze Kick[/size]

[+] spoiler

Mienfoo
Level 29

1. Pound
5. Meditate
9. Detect
13. Fake Out
17. DoubleSlap
21. Swift
25. Calm Mind
29. Force Palm
Egg. Knock Off[/size]
[/size]
[+] spoiler
Elijah Hershel

Bruce
Level 5

1. Tackle
5. Withdraw
Hue
Level 7

1. Tackle
1. Confuse Ray
5. Astonish
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty

February 2nd, 2015, 11:14 pm #4

Lili -
Mrs. Kaplan -

The air seemed to stand still as Lili waited. She took in another deep breath, and then sighed as she filled her lungs. She realised that she must've taken in at least a dozen big breaths to calm her nerves, and lo and behold, she was feeling nervous not long after again. Once she had left the Pokemart and played around with her Holocaster a bit, she found a low brick wall small enough for hr to perch her bottom onto. As she took a seat, she ran her hands down her back in order trap her coat in between her butt and the wall. The wall, although not touching her bare butt, sent a chill up her body which made her shiver. Her legs, bare from the lower thigh down to the point where her boots met her shins, suddenly grew goosebumps.

Lili began to think of the gym battle she was readying herself for. It would be a lie for her to say that she wasn't nervous, and that she wasn't also beyond excited. She looked down at her Holocaster and sighed once she noticed that it still wasn't time yet. Only another half an hour. She thought to herself.

While she waited, Lili found herself watching people as they walked by. She began watching as a group of young girls, probably around the same age as herself give or take a couple of years, judging their clothes and instantly deciding that she found them annoying and spoilt. Once they passed, she began doing the same to everybody else as they strutted up and down the street. Black business suit with brown shoes? Try again, buddy. That baby pushchair and that jacket? Good call. She said to herself.

Her disgustingly snobby thoughts came to an abrupt end once she heard her Holocaster begin to ring. She pulled her sleeve back and allowed for the holographic display to appear in the air in front of her. Without a second to spare, she pressed the answer button, and adjusted her posture as she had done when she spoke to Lady Tilman previously.

"Hello darling." Mrs Kaplan said.

Lili blinked in surprise at the sound of her mother. In her haste, she had imagined, and hoped that it was Lady Tilman on the other end, but instead of the smooth-skinned red head, she was met by a mature bleach-blonde woman with an extravagantly unnecessary tan. "Mum?" She grinned.

"How are you, sweetie?" Mrs Kaplan smiled back. Her image kept falling in and out of the holographic image as she held it at an odd angle and tried to continuously move it into a better position. "Your father bought me one of these things and I just thought that it would be fun to try and finally use it."

Lili nodded. She suddenly noticed that she had the same feeling that she had this morning, but instead of feeling nervous that she was unprepared in front of her new idol, she was suddenly unprepared in front of her older idol. She opened her mouth, but was quickly cut off by Mrs Kaplan.

"Oh, your hair is getting longer, darling. I see you've trimmed it yourself, it looks wonderful." Mrs Kaplan blurted, not taking a breath in between. "You're trying something new with your make up, aren't you? It's... interesting. I prefer old Lili. How are Sebastian and Ronnie? You've not got any more of those ghastly creatures, have you?"

Lili stared at the image of her mother who had managed to fit into the hologram perfectly. "Yes, I thought I'd try something different - I like it." Lili told her mother while awkwardly placing a hand upon her cheek. "Sebastian and Ronnie are grand. Sebastian is much bigger now, he's a Prinplup, in fact." Lili took the Pokeballs from her pocket and released each Pokemon. She patted the wall, gesturing for the Pokemon to gather next to her. Once Ronnie and Sebastian had climbed up, Magnus floated up through the air and hovered in the space behind her shoulders.

"Oh my, what happened to my cute little Sebastian?" Mrs Kaplan frowned. "He's much more... long now. Will he always look like that?" Mrs Kaplan's eyes flicked to the space behind Lili. "And what is that? It looks like some sort of metallic eyeball thing!" She snapped, staring at Magnus.

Lili rolled her eyes. "That is Magnus. He was being bullied back at home, in the Powerplant by a Ska-"

Mrs Kaplan gasped loud enough to make all of the Pokemon to jump back in horror. "You went to the Powerplant?!" She took in a breath and rubbed her temples. "Lili, dear. There are Pokemon there; wild pokemon. You can get yourself killed if you keep that up, sweetheart!"

"I know, mother. I've encountered tons of wild Pokemon. I even battle and accidentally captured a Banette up in the Firebird Villa."

Upon recognising her name, Banette poked her head up over Lili's shoulder. She gazed at Mrs Kaplan's hologram and smiled with a sinister sneer, showing her zipped mouth at the leather-like woman. Mrs Kaplan's eyes widened in horror. Banette threw herself forwards, screeching horrifically as she passed through the hologram.

Mrs Kaplan screamed, throwing the holocaster away from herself and flinching in sheer shock. Lili pointed her finger at Banette and frowned in a scolding fashion. Mrs Kaplan, once she had composed herself once more, stood back in front of the holocaster. "That thing tried to kill me, Lili dear!"

Lili shook her head. "That's just her way of showing affection, mother." She lied.

"Lili, honey. I'm getting off track." Mrs Kaplan muttered through a deep breath. "I'm glad you're doing well, but I've got some bad news."

Lili nodded, giving her mother the approval to continue.

"It's your father." Mrs Kaplan propped her fingers in the space beneath her eyes, wiping the tears from the bags.

"Is he okay? He's not hurt is he?"

"No no, worse than that."

Lili gulped. The nervous feeling in her stomach suddenly becoming that of dread. "What is it, mum?"

"He's..." Mrs Kaplan paused. "The company he works for has gone bankrupt. He's lost his job, darling. We're having to make cuts here at home, Lili."

Lili stared at the hologram somewhat blankly.

"I knew you wouldn't take this well, honey." Mrs Kaplan frowned. "You're going to have to come home as soon as possible, family is important in these times."

"Home?" Lili repeated. Her eyes stared at the hologram, but her vision was blurred as she daydreamed into space.

Mrs Kaplan paused her sobbing and stared at Lili in disgust. She took the dinner plate-sized sun glasses from atop her head and placed them out of vision of her image. "Yes, Lili. Home. Right away. What's wrong with that?"

"I'm not finished yet, mother." Lili sighed, looking at her mum with somewhat teary eyes. She had to admit to herself, she loved how easy it was at home. Her parents worked hard enough so that as a family, they didn't have to worry about money. If they wanted something, they need not save up, and they could have whatever they wanted whenever they wanted it. However, being out on her own for some months meant that she had began to find what she needed and not what she wanted important.

"Finished? You're still set on this silly adventure, Lili? I'm honestly surprised you hadn't asked for us to come get you yet, dear." Mrs Kaplan blurted. "Well, take your time, but try not to be too long, darling. These are dark times for us all. Love you." She kissed the air in a gesture to kiss Lili before the hologram closed.

Lili took in a deep breath while thinking about what she had just heard. Surprised I'm doing something I like? She thought to herself. She found herself clenching her fists while the previous conversation replayed in her head. She exhaled, pushing her breath out as much as she could. She imagined the negative thoughts being pushed out alongside her breath. "I'll just have to show them how great I can be."

Reason for edit: Post was below the word count.
[+] spoiler
Emilie 'Lili' Kaplan

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Sebastian
Level 20

1. Pound
4. Growl
8. Bubble
11. Water Sport
15. Peck
16. Metal Claw
19. Bubblebeam[/size]
[+] spoiler

Ronnie
Level 18

1. Tackle
1. Harden
4. Mud-Slap
8. Headbutt
11. Metal Claw
13. Rock Tomb
16. Protect[/size]

[+] spoiler

Magnus
Level 19
1. Tackle
5. Supersonic
7. Thundershock
11. Sonicboom
13. Thunder Wave[/small]
17. Magnet Bomb
19. Spark
[+] spoiler

Montgomery
Level 29

1. Confusion
1. Tackle
5. Hypnosis
9. Imprison
11. Confuse Ray
15. Psywave
19. Iron Defense
21. Faint Attack
25. Safeguard
29. Future Sight[/size]
[+] spoiler

Rufus
Level 17

1. Endure
1. Foresight
1. Quick Attack
6. Counter
11. Feint
15. Force Palm
Egg. Blaze Kick[/size]

[+] spoiler

Mienfoo
Level 29

1. Pound
5. Meditate
9. Detect
13. Fake Out
17. DoubleSlap
21. Swift
25. Calm Mind
29. Force Palm
Egg. Knock Off[/size]
[/size]
[+] spoiler
Elijah Hershel

Bruce
Level 5

1. Tackle
5. Withdraw
Hue
Level 7

1. Tackle
1. Confuse Ray
5. Astonish
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty

February 16th, 2015, 11:49 pm #5

Lili -
Receptionist -
Opal -

After what had felt like an eternity, the time displayed upon the holocaster blinked, showing 1:30 PM in bright blue digits. After she had her conversation with her mother, she gave herself a moment to recompose her mindset and think. It was in that time that Lili hadn’t realised how much time she had wasted while she envisioned angry thoughts and chewed her lip.

It didn’t take Lili long to find her way into the quieter part of Oreback, but then again, she had already planned the route to get there a dozen or so times in the few hours that she spent waiting around. She treaded through the street, noticing the houses that lined either side of the road. Although they weren’t as big or glamorous as the houses that she had liked, but she found them charming to the eye. She tried to imagine what the types of people who lived in the homes were like; her first thought was how they would be elderly couples, living at home with a little Skitty or Lillipup. Her delicate smile soon dropped down into a subtle frown. She thought about both of her parents at home and wondered how the two of them were dealing with it now. She’d like to imagine that her father had one of his friends from the finance industry sorting it out, but she knew that even his friends were not miracle workers. Lili shook her head as if to get rid of the negative thoughts. She was on the right track to becoming the trainer she had first imagined, and she wouldn’t settle for any less.

As Lili made her way to the end of the street, she laid eyes upon what she assumed was the gym. It was obvious that much time and attention went into the design of the building. At first, Lili found the building somewhat bland in comparison to what she had imagined. After seeing Lady Tilman, Lili had imagined gems and jewels donning the outside, like some sort of palace. She reached the steps which lead up to the tall structure, suddenly feeling tiny in comparison. The colour of stone grey began to appear somewhat more colourful. She took in the reds and the blues which reminded her of sapphires and rubies, although they weren’t quite her favourite jewels. Her legs began to ache, but she pushed herself until she reached the few remaining steps. It amazed her how the building began to shimmer with a slight golden coat. She only wished she could see if it would shine when the western skies were open instead of being shrouded in grey, Autumnal clouds.

Two large pillars stood at the top of the steps, holding up the banner for visitors. Lili wondered who would need the banner in order to identify where the gym was. She walked past and hesitated for a second, she should double check to make sure it was the gym, just in case. She took a few steps back and stretched her neck. “Gem Museum?” She asked herself as she noticed the two words alongside Lady Tilman’s name. “Okay, Lili.” She exhaled beneath her breath. “Let’s do this.” She straightened her shoulders and stretched her neck as she took in slow, big steps to try and make herself seem proud.

Lili opened the door and took a mighty step inside the gym. She imagined that the room inside would be a large, tall room full of jewels and gems, sparkling from the light as if she had stepped into a Queen’s trophy room. Instead, she found the room almost too much like a museum. Jewels were hidden behind display cases alongside rocks and fossils. Even though they were jewels which could probably hold more value than others she had seen before, she found them unimpressive. Each to their own, she thought to herself. She told herself that maybe if the room was empty, it would seem more impressive, and that the people that came to look at the artifacts were the ones to make the room seem boring, in fact.

Thinking of the time, Lili had decided on saving the views inside the display cases to after the battle, had she not been utterly devastated and humiliated by Opal. She noticed the reception on the wall adjacent to the door, to which she strutted towards, holding her uncomfortably confident posture in tow.

“Hello,” The Receptionist said cheerfully, rising to greet Lili, “Welcome to the Till-”

“It’s One-Thirty-Six Miss!” A loud, but not yelling, voice interrupted the young woman. Heels clacked hard on the stone floor in a quick, powerful rhythm as Lady Opal Tillman entered view from a bench behind a display of metalic ores.. She strode confidently up to Lili, leaving the receptionist a sideline-spectator. Her shoes resounded one final time before she stated with the same power from before, but softer, “You are late for our appointment.”

Lili swallowed in preparation to speak clearly. She swiped a stray hair which sat awkwardly against her eyelashes, and pushed it back to the side of her head. “I do apologise, Lady Tillman.” Lili said slow and deep. “I was busy admiring the gym as I came up the stairs. I assume you did the place up yourself?” She asked the leader as she tried to lock eye contact with her, however she worried that too much eye contact would make the encounter uncomfortable, so she began to blink more than usual.

The gym leader smirked, “No need for these formalities this time miss, you are late and we need to move forward, how many pokemon do you have, what is your strongest one, and what’s their most advanced technique?” She returned eye contact with a ferocity which made Lili begin to look at the bridge of her nose as oppose to her eyes - it just made her feel somewhat more comfortable instead of staring into the deep brown depths of her eyes.

“Thank you, La-. I mean, Opal.”

“Lady Tillman, miss”

Lili felt her insides twist and turn. Stupid! She told herself internally. “I apologise, Miss Tillman.” Lili hesitated to herself for a moment while she recalled the moves which her Pokemon knew. “I have four Pokemon, my Banette is my strongest, and Faint Attack would be her most advanced technique.” She gently rocked back and forth on her heels, anxiously waiting to begin a battle, wherever they would begin. “Is there anything else you need to know?”

“No but in the interest of fairness I need to tell you my strongest will be Sherry my Rhyhorn who knows Bulldoze. Follow me” She stated this all as a matter of fact, then turned abruptly, not even checking to see if Lili was following her resounding footsteps.

Lili began to follow the gym leader, holding her tall strut as the two of them began to walk. Once she realised that Lady Tillman walked ahead without looking back, Lili allowed her posture to shrink and slump into something more natural.

The two progressed forward, weaving between displays, shimmering diamonds and gems caught Lili’s eye, but she suppressed the urge to ogle at them and made a mental note to look again later. It didn’t take long for them to come to a discreet door marked “Gym Access,” at which point Opal stopped to unlock it, “We’ll be using the facilities downstairs, the previous gym, miss,” she began as she opened the door to a tight, concrete stairwell lit by fluorescent lights that completely betrayed the splendor they left, “We won’t break anything down there.” She said all this without even looking at Lili.

“Of course,” Lili told Opal while admiring the woman’s red curls from behind. “I’d hate for anything like that to get damaged.” she sighed upon looking over her shoulders and catching a sight of the glamorous rocks from a distance before taking the plunge into the stairwell.

Half-a-dozen flights later, Opal opened another door and Lili felt a rush of air wash over her as the pressure from the cavernous expanse equalized. The room wasn’t actually any bigger than the one above it but the sheer emptiness of it made it seem like a vacuum. Completely undaunted though, the gym leader progressed forward, her heels easily filling the space with sound.

“Do you want me to turn to the cameras on?” She asked, her words punctuated by her footsteps.

Lili shrugged with her lips sinking into an unconfident smile. “Sure. Where does the footage go to?”

“It’s sent to your holocaster, it’s there so you can analyze your defeat and learn from it. It’s completely optional.” Opal reached the other side of the room where a key-pad sat on a wall. After activating it, a small panel opened with a hum to show several labeled pokeballs, each fitted with a large jewel.

“That sounds brilliant.” Lili told Opal as she watched her fiddle with the buttons and such on the opposite side of the room. “Is there anything else I should know or do we just, uh.. battle?” Lili stood in silence for a second. “Sorry, this is my first battle.”

Opal chuckled warmly as she turned with four pokeballs attached to her belt. She approached and looked at Lili for the first time in what felt like forever. It was just as hard as upstairs. Lili gulped and righted her posture immediately. “It’s fine miss. Let’s discuss the rules. It’ll be a double battle without substitutions or items used. Understand?”

Lili gave Opal a gentle nod upon understanding the rules. “Actually, one more thing.” She said having to look down at Opal. “My Pokemon are holding items, do I need to take those away?” She had hoped not, because giving her Pokemon held items made her feel somewhat clever, and she felt like this was the time to prove it.

“No miss,” The leader stated, “That refers to external items, used for healing, etc. Good job being prepared.” She turned to cross to the other end of the vast room, far enough to require shouting as communication.

She took her cue to do the same on the opposite side. Realising she had just been complemented by the leader, Lili curled her lips into a slight smirk. “Wonderful. I understand now.”

Opal grasped two pokeballs, and Lili copied, taking Sebastian’s in one hand and Ronnie’s in the other. The tall snobby posture she sported had caused her back to begin to ache uncomfortably, but she associated the pain with the sickening nervous feeling she had in her stomach.

The two ladies stood tall and proud. They tossed their balls into the air as the room stood in silence. The clash began.
[+] spoiler
Emilie 'Lili' Kaplan

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Sebastian
Level 20

1. Pound
4. Growl
8. Bubble
11. Water Sport
15. Peck
16. Metal Claw
19. Bubblebeam[/size]
[+] spoiler

Ronnie
Level 18

1. Tackle
1. Harden
4. Mud-Slap
8. Headbutt
11. Metal Claw
13. Rock Tomb
16. Protect[/size]

[+] spoiler

Magnus
Level 19
1. Tackle
5. Supersonic
7. Thundershock
11. Sonicboom
13. Thunder Wave[/small]
17. Magnet Bomb
19. Spark
[+] spoiler

Montgomery
Level 29

1. Confusion
1. Tackle
5. Hypnosis
9. Imprison
11. Confuse Ray
15. Psywave
19. Iron Defense
21. Faint Attack
25. Safeguard
29. Future Sight[/size]
[+] spoiler

Rufus
Level 17

1. Endure
1. Foresight
1. Quick Attack
6. Counter
11. Feint
15. Force Palm
Egg. Blaze Kick[/size]

[+] spoiler

Mienfoo
Level 29

1. Pound
5. Meditate
9. Detect
13. Fake Out
17. DoubleSlap
21. Swift
25. Calm Mind
29. Force Palm
Egg. Knock Off[/size]
[/size]
[+] spoiler
Elijah Hershel

Bruce
Level 5

1. Tackle
5. Withdraw
Hue
Level 7

1. Tackle
1. Confuse Ray
5. Astonish
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty

April 20th, 2015, 10:51 pm #6

Lili -
Opal -
[+] spoiler
Pokemon

Prinplup
Caught at Level 5
Nickname: Sebastian
Type: Water
Ability: Torrent
Height: 2'6"
Weight: 48 lbs
Health: Intermediate
EXP Rate: Medium Slow
EXP Gauge: (41/47)
EXP Gained: 35
Level: 16
Division: D6
Total Stats: 208
  • Attack: 47
  • Defense: 38
  • Sp. Attack: 47
  • Sp. Defense: 39
  • Speed: 37 (18%)
Vitamins Used: None
Moveset:
1.Pound
4.Growl
8.Bubble
11.Water Sport
15. Peck
16. Metal Claw
Unique Moves:
-
-
-
-
Item: Steel Gem

Aron
Caught at Level 5
Nickname: Ronnie
Type: Steel/Rock
Ability: Rock Head
Height: 1'4"
Weight: 134
Health: Low
EXP Rate: Slow
EXP Gauge: (41/43)
EXP Gained: 34
Level: 13
Division: D8
Total Stats: 143
  • Attack: 37 (26%)
  • Defense: 51 (36%)
  • Sp. Attack: 12
  • Sp. Defense: 21
  • Speed: 22
Moveset:
1. Tackle
1. Harden
4. Mud-Slap
7. Headbutt
11. Metal Claw
13. Rock Tomb
Unique Moves:
-
-
-
-
Item:
[+] spoiler
Pokemon

Archen
Caught at Level
Nickname: Leonard
Type: Rock/Flying
Ability: Defeatist
[+] spoiler
He’s the little brother of another of Opal’s pokemon, and as such he’s used to being teased. This has made him very keen to avoiding danger, something Opal uses to her advantage. Leo is very skilled at flanking and counter-attacks.
Level: 16
Health: Low
Division: D6
Total Stats: 208
  • Attack: 60
  • Defense: 39
  • Sp. Attack: 1
  • Sp. Defense: 39
  • Speed:
Moveset:
1. Leer
1. Quick Attack
1. Wing Attack
5. Rock Throw
8. Double Team
11. Scary Face
15. Pluck

Unique Moves:
-
-
-
-
Item:

Rhyhorn
Nickname: Sherry
Type: Ground/Rock
Ability: Lightningrod
[+] spoiler
Sherry, for all her might, isn’t that cognitive. It’s an unfortunate trait she inherited of her species. Opal though, likes to use this to her advantage, as Sherry works best while independant. She’s not too strong, so there’s no major danger, but don’t expect cognitive mercy.
Level: 21
Total Stats: 231
  • Attack: 69
  • Defense: 76
  • Sp. Defense: 35
  • Speed: 48
Moveset:
1. Horn Attack
1. Tail Whip
5. Fury Attack
9. Scary Face
13. Smack Down
17. Stomp
21. Bulldoze

Unique Moves:
-
-
-
-

Item:
Lili held her breath, her dress pressed tight against her chest as the balls fell and their pokemon released. She stared carefully as the pokemon appeared on Opal’s side, wondering if a Gym Leader’s pokemon would appear any different to any other pokemon. Although she was focusing on Opal’s pokemon, she couldn’t help but stare at Opal who returned a powerful gaze. She had hoped to get a reaction when Ronnie and Sebastian stood confidently on the battlefield in front of her, but such a reaction was nowhere to be seen.

The leader wasn’t even watching her pokemon as they emerged. The first, on the right, was a small bird-like pokemon, an Archen, who seemed confident and ever watchful. On his side stood a Rhyhorn with fiery eyes, almost rivaling her trainer’s.

The moment seemed to hang in the air, but the figurative rope was swiftly cut by Opal shouting, “GO!”

Lili jumped slightly at the leader’s sudden exclamation. She nodded, holding her head up gracefully, although uncomfortably, as she tried to think of something worth saying. Words of encouragement flooded through her mind, but she wanted to make it seem impressive in front of such a powerful woman. [colour=violet]”We can do th-”[/color]

Her speech was cut off by the powerful impact of the Rhyhorn’s, Sherry’s, attack. She reared up and slammed into the floor of the arena and a rumbling radiated from her. Lili stumbled in her heels and just barely caught sight of the Archen, Leonard, dart around in a circle at surprising speed before both of her pokemon were pulled to the ground.

Lili took a moment to blink, taking in what had happened for a short moment. [colour=violet]“Okay, Ronnie, Sebastian. That was, uh…”[/color] Lili stumbled over her own words, the sheer brute force of the attack impressing her more than she could have imagined. [colour=violet]“Wow.”[/color] She gasped once more.

“Act decisively miss!”

Opal’s words put Lili back on track. Instead of recapping the attack, she focused on what to do next. “Sebastian, Growl. Ronnie, Harden!” Lili bellowed, hoping she would seem somewhat impressive. Sebastian took in a breath before opening his beak, allowing a somewhat vicious-sounding squeal echo around the battlefield. Ronnie took this moment to stare at the foes. He tensed his muscles and focused on his skin and metallic armour-like shell as they began to shine with a faint light, becoming slightly harder.

Opal didn’t vocalize a reply, but Sherry pounded into the earth again while Leonard hovered a safe distance from his opponents, but between them, poised for an attack.

Lili wavered again, her gut tightening at Opal’s resilience in the face of the attack. She seemed barely affected. “Ronnie, Metal Claw!” She yelled with a finger pointing towards the Archen. “Sebastian, Bubble!”. Sebastian planted his feet firmly on the ground and released a stream of bubbles, after noticing Lili command Ronnie to attack the Archen, Sebastian focused his attack on the Archen too. The widespread sweep was instead focused solely on Leonard. The bird’s watchful eye took note of this, but decided to take the force of the attack. Lili’s eyes widened in surprise, but the Archen’s agility was only augmented by the force of the attack. Leonard divebombed toward Ronnie whose stubby claw had only just been braced for an attack. With intense focus, Leonard’s beak landed between the joints of the Aron’s armor. He cried out, but still managed to swipe his hardened claw on the fossil’s body before they both collapsed.

“Ronnie!” Lili squealed beneath her breath. There was a feeling of disappointment as Lili pressed the button on Ronnie’s ball, but that was until Ronnie had been returned to his ball and she noticed Opal do the same to Leonard. “You did perfectly, Ronron.” Lili cooed to his Pokeball as she cradled it in his hand. The feeling of disappointment was suddenly swapped for a warmer, more confident feeling, for knowing that she wasn’t quite losing to Opal gave her hope. She swapped Ronnie’s ball for Magnus’, and the empty space besides Sebastian was filled by the metallic sphere-like Pokemon. Magnus flittered around in the air, flicking its gaze between Sebastian and Sherry.

Lili coughed into her fist gently in order to get Opal’s attention. “So, Lady Tillman, if you don’t mind me asking, but how am I doing?” Her stance had suddenly become much more relaxed, as being confident had made her stand tall and proud without having to do it unnaturally.

Opal took the time to replace the ball safely on her belt, almost methodically so, “We’ll save your progress report for the end.” She took another long pause to grab another ball, “Though one should note that revealing a pokemon to an opponent makes our job infinitely easier.” She smirked as she released another pokemon.

Lili opened her mouth in order to react with something clever, but instead could only reply with a subtle, unexpected gasp. Suddenly Lili’s dress felt tight again as Opal managed to drain her confidence with one fell swoop.
[+] spoiler
Leonard used Double Team
Sherry used Bulldoze, Sebastian and Ronnie had their speed lowered, Leonard was unaffected.
Sebastian used Growl, Sherry’s and Leonard’s Attack were reduced
Ronnie used Harden, his Defense was Boosted

Leonard is lying in wait
Sherry used Bulldoze, it reduced Lili’s pokemons’ speed. Leonard is unaffected
Sebastian used Bubble on Leonard, it was a Critical hit!
Leonard used Pluck on Ronnie, another Critical hit!
Ronnie used Metal Claw on Leonard.

Both Ronnie and Leonard have fainted.
Reasons for Edit: Edited Colour code. Added Encounter Declaration
[+] spoiler
Emilie 'Lili' Kaplan

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Sebastian
Level 20

1. Pound
4. Growl
8. Bubble
11. Water Sport
15. Peck
16. Metal Claw
19. Bubblebeam[/size]
[+] spoiler

Ronnie
Level 18

1. Tackle
1. Harden
4. Mud-Slap
8. Headbutt
11. Metal Claw
13. Rock Tomb
16. Protect[/size]

[+] spoiler

Magnus
Level 19
1. Tackle
5. Supersonic
7. Thundershock
11. Sonicboom
13. Thunder Wave[/small]
17. Magnet Bomb
19. Spark
[+] spoiler

Montgomery
Level 29

1. Confusion
1. Tackle
5. Hypnosis
9. Imprison
11. Confuse Ray
15. Psywave
19. Iron Defense
21. Faint Attack
25. Safeguard
29. Future Sight[/size]
[+] spoiler

Rufus
Level 17

1. Endure
1. Foresight
1. Quick Attack
6. Counter
11. Feint
15. Force Palm
Egg. Blaze Kick[/size]

[+] spoiler

Mienfoo
Level 29

1. Pound
5. Meditate
9. Detect
13. Fake Out
17. DoubleSlap
21. Swift
25. Calm Mind
29. Force Palm
Egg. Knock Off[/size]
[/size]
[+] spoiler
Elijah Hershel

Bruce
Level 5

1. Tackle
5. Withdraw
Hue
Level 7

1. Tackle
1. Confuse Ray
5. Astonish
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty

May 1st, 2015, 11:45 pm #7

Lili -
Opal -
[+] spoiler

Shieldon
Nickname: Amelia
Type: Rock/Steel
Ability: Soundproof
[+] spoiler
Amelia is one of the few exceptions Opal allows to her usual strategy. Amelia is the type to sit and support. Over time she’s learned that she needs to be forthgoing in order to crack down on stuff, but she prefers a more subtle role than other pokemon.
Level: 15
Health: Scrawny
Division: D7
Total Stats: 180
  • Attack: 41
  • Defense: 72
  • Sp. Defense: 56
  • Speed: 10
Moveset:
1. Protect
1. Tackle
6. Taunt
10. Metal Sound
15. Take Down

Unique Moves:
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Tail
-
-

Item:
[+] spoiler

Magnemite
Caught at Level 6
Nickname: Magnus
Type: Electric/Steel
Ability: Magnet Pull
Height: 1'0"
Weight: 13 lbs
Health: Weak
EXP Rate: Medium Fast
EXP Gauge: (35/40)
EXP Gained: 26
Level: 13
Division: D7
Total Stats: 156
  • Attack: 17
  • Defense: 41 (26%)
  • Sp. Attack: 51 (33%)
  • Sp. Defense: 25
  • Speed: 22

Moveset:
1. Tackle
5. Supersonic
7. Thundershock
11. Sonicboom
13. Thunder Wave
Unique Moves:
-
-
-
-
Item: Shuca Berry
“Revealing my Pokemon can’t be that bad, can it?” Lili asked with a lump in her throat. “I can’t imagine you have too many Pokemon which can take out my little Magnus.” She tried to pronounce confidently. Her eyes flittered between the woman whose confidence didn’t alter from the moment Lili had laid eyes on her, and the Pokemon that stood their ground on the battlefield. Suddenly the decision to send Magnus out wasn’t the best in her mind.

Sebastian continued to stare at the Rhyhorn who stared back. After the first move against himself and Ronnie, he wanted to be prepared, and he knew that he would have to keep a close eye on them to do that. Magnus, on the other hand, was still oblivious to the whole situation. He could see how tense Sebastian was, and the Pokemon opposite the two of them definitely looked strong.

Just like the times before, Opal’s laser focus remained unperturbed by the young trainer. She stared intensely at her pokemon, who faced proudly forward, and once again shouted a powerful ”Go!” and the next round began.

Sherry took the lead, closing the gap between her and Sebastian rapidly while Amelia slowly made her way backward. Lili knew that the Rhyhorn was strong, and without a doubt, she understood that she would be the one to take out her team. She turned her attention to Sebastian for a moment, noticing the Steel Gem he had been given to hold. A slight smirk appeared on Lili’s face as she understood what was best to do next.

“Sebastian, hit the Rhyhorn with a Metal Claw!” She called out as her eyes focused on the Steel Gem. “Make sure it hits!”

No Sooner had the command reached the water-type’s ears did Sherry finish her charge. She reared onto her hind legs, and with an echoing roar, brought down her weight in a terrifying stomp. Sebastian pressed his beak together as he endured the pain of the stomp. He swung his wing-like arm out in a counter-attack, swiping the Rhyhorn with his stubby little claws at the end of his arm. At the beginning of the arc, the gem around his neck erupted in a flashing glow, which seemed to transfer to Sebastian’s wingtip. The attack landed across Sherry’s flank, causing her to instinctively retreat slightly. She glared and snorted.

Lili continued to grin as she pointed at the Rhyhorn. “Magnus, Supersonic!” She yelled confidently. Magnus hovered on the spot, focusing on Sherry. The magnets on his body vibrated as a high pitched tone was released from his metallic body. Sherry began to make another move for Sebastian, but the sonic attack stopped her. She shook her head and blinked as she began to feel dizzy and somewhat distorted.

Quietly, from a very safe distance from the action, Amelia summoned a series of stones and launched them across the field, where they sank into the ground, almost unnoticed.

The focused gym leader unconsciously twitched with contempt. Lili couldn’t help but grin as she noticed the gym leader’s demeanor. She was going to call out with a cocky input, but she knew that Opal would just ignore her.

“Are you okay, Lady Tilman?” Lili blurted, followed by a charming giggle. Then again, she did love being a little bit smug.

True to expectations, Opal did not reply, but her nostrils did flare unconsciously as she quickly inhaled for another command.

Sherry once again went for a charge, hopefully aiming at the Prinplup. Her eyes stubbornly refused to focus though, causing a hesitation.

It was clear to Lili that the Rhyhorn was starting to struggle a bit. “Supersonic well done.” She chuckled under her breath. “Give it a Bubble, Sebastian!”

Sherry charged for Sebastian, but her confusion caused her usual quick, straight sprint to be obviously slower as she stumbled from side to side. She pushed herself forwards, but instead of attacking Sebastian, she fell over her own feet, falling onto her own back.

Sebastian took this as his chance to attack. He took in a big breath before exhaling suddenly, releasing streams of bubbles onto the battlefield and into the rival Pokemon. Sherry clambered back up to her feet as bubbles burst against her. Part of a second later, the bubble attack arrived at Amelia, who could not get out of the way fast enough.

“And now, Magnus, Supersonic!” Lili bellowed as she began pointing at the Shieldon.

Magnus focused on the Shieldon as he had done with the Rhyhorn before. He began to vibrate ever so slightly as the supersonic tones emanated from his body. The Shieldon readied herself on the spot, but the sound waves had no obvious effect on her. Amelia even went as far to dance around in a small circle, making it clear she didn’t even register the attack.

Lili’s eyebrows narrowed slightly as she noticed the move hit the Shieldon, but nothing happening. She instantly snapped her attention to Opal, who only offered a small smirk in return. The cocky giggle that Lili liked to blurt when she was feeling confident had been swapped for something which sounded painfully nervous. It reminded her of the battle she had with Mason, and how Ronnie’s moves didn’t affect the Misdreavus. She had a feeling that the Pokemon might have had an ability, but Lili wasn’t too sure; she hadn’t ever even seen a Shieldon before now, anyway.
A large shockwave immediately derailed Lili’s train of thought. Sherry, obviously upset at being incapable of her true power, took the opportunity to show it. Leaping into the air, she landed with more force than even something of her size should be be able to produce. Lili was knocked nearly off her feet, and even Opal stumbled. Sebastian was pulled down to the ground for a third time, taking the full force of the attack. Magnus, despite hovering some four feet above the ground, could feel the force of the move pulling him downward. A glowing from around his neck, the Shuca berry, seemed to be the only thing keeping him from losing his position. Amelia didn’t fare so well from Sherry’s tantrum, being pulled down, and staying that way.

Lili frowned at Sebastian. She frowned not because she was upset or angry at him for being knocked down, she frowned because she was upset that he couldn’t stand up.

“Well done.” She told him upon recalling him back into his Pokeball. She swapped Sebastian’s ball for Banette’s, which also happened to be her last and only completely healthy Pokemon. Instead of sending her out immediately, she learned from Opal’s last comment, and she waited.

Opal silently recalled Amelia, and did the same as Lili.

[+] spoiler
Sherry used Stomp on Sebastian.
Sebastian used Metal Claw on Sherry, Steel Gem activated, It’s Super Effective!
Magnus used Supersonic on Sherry, Sherry is confused!
Amelia used Stealth Rocks.

Sherry used Horn Attack, Sherry hurt herself in confusion.
Sebastian used Bubble, it hit both Sherry and Amelia.
Magnus used Supersonic on Amelia, it’s not effective.
Amelia used Taunt on Magnus.
Sherry throws a tantrum and uses Bulldoze, hitting everyone, knocking out Sebastian and Amelia.
Seth Halley Thawyer • Astronomer • Total EXP Gained: 369 • Dians: 300 • Location: Serenity Lake
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

• Carl • Male • 20 • (72/81)
Stats:
Attack: 72 (33%)
Defense: 34
Sp. Attack: 59 (27%)
Sp. Defense: 34
Speed: 21
Item: Luck Incense
[+] spoiler

• Marie • Female • 25 • (183/189)
Stats:
Attack: 44
Defense: 59
Sp. Attack: 97 (26%)
Sp. Defense:131 (35%)
Speed: 44
Item: Safety Goggles
[+] spoiler

• Annie • Female • 25 • (133/150)
Stats:
Attack: 112 (30%)
Defense: 50
Sp. Attack: 51
Sp. Defense: 50
Speed: 112 (30%)
Item: N/A
[+] spoiler

• ??? • ??? • ??? • ???
Stats:
Attack: ???
Defense: ???
Sp. Attack: ???
Sp. Defense: ???
Speed: ???
[+] spoiler

• ??? • ??? • ??? • ???
Stats:
Attack: ???
Defense: ???
Sp. Attack: ???
Sp. Defense: ???
Speed: ???
[+] spoiler
None
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQWIB31_ ... r_embedded

June 13th, 2015, 12:15 am #8

Lili -
Opal -
[+] spoiler

Binacle
Nickname: Kenneth
Type: Rock/water
Ability: Sniper
[+] spoiler
This guy stays as far away from trouble as he can, in fact when Opal met him, he was really cowardly. Over time they built a strategy of improving accuracy to a deadly point.
Level: 18
Health: Scrawny
Total Stats: 198
  • Attack: 33
  • Defense: 50
  • Sp. Attack: 33
  • Sp. Defense: 48
  • Speed: 33
Moveset:
1. Shell Smash
1. Scratch
1. Sand Attack
4. Water Gun
7. Withdraw
10. Fury Swipes
13. Slash
18. Mudslap

Unique Moves:
- Smack Down
-
-
-

Item: Scope Lens
[+] spoiler

Banette
Caught at Level 20
Type: Ghost
Ability: Insomnia
Height: 3'7"
Weight: 28
EXP Rate: Slow
EXP Gauge: (109/125)
EXP Gained:
Level: 20
Division: D5
Total Stats: 280
  • Attack: 84 (30%)
  • Defense: 30
  • Sp. Attack: 68 (24%)
  • Sp. Defense: 52
  • Speed: 46
Moveset:
1. Knock-Off
4. Screech
7. Night Shade
10. Spite
13. Shadow Sneak
16. Will O Wisp
19. Faint Attack
Unique Moves:
-
-
-
-
Item: Banettite
Lili waited on the spot in silence. She clutched Banette’s ball between both hands as her eyes stared at the battlefield with a glazed-over look about them. She couldn’t help but notice her heart pound against her chest as the room stood in complete silence. Despite having only recalled Sebastian mere seconds ago, the time resembled something closer to hours

Sherry let out an impatient roar as she pounded the ground with her two front feet. Lili blinked, suddenly coming back into realisation of the whole scenario. Opal stood patiently, unphased by her pokemon, but scowling as she waited to see her challenger’s decision.

“Sorry.” Lili whispered towards Opal in a barely audible tone. “I’m just thin…” Her sentence faded into silence as she stared down at the stony tips of the Stealth Rock attack poking out of the ground, which the Shieldon had scattered across the field earlier. Her eyes rolled up from the ground and back to Magnus, who was floating in the air with a somewhat fatigued look about him.

Lili took in a deep breath and released Banette from her ball as she exhaled. She could feel her fingers shaking nervously as the ghost Pokemon appeared on the floor. The second her feet were down against the pointed rocks, she screeched in shock. The stones explosively rose from the earth and jabbed the ghost from multiple angles before disappearing once more like a patient predator awaiting its next prey.

In that same moment, a small creature materialized behind Opal, Lili squinted to make it out, a Binacle, looking very comfortable with its position. Lili had to admit, the Binacle was one that she had never seen in person before, and it was a little cute. Thoughts of the cute Binacle suddenly came to an abrupt stop when she realised that the Pokemon which were on the battlefield were the ones that made the decision whether she would leave with a badge or not. As before, she took in a deep breath and straightened her back. She exhaled, hoping to exhale the nervous feeling that ran through her body.

Sherry wouldn’t allow that feeling to last long, as she charged forward, closing the distance between her and Magnus without a direction from the Leader. Lili gulped as she watched the Rhyhorn sprint across the ground. She knew that anything she could do or say now was useless. The pokemon released a series of small stones from her stony body and hurled them at the electric-type, quickly meeting their target. Banette, acting on instinct after being assaulted already, spun a vision of herself in a massive spectral form that swooped over the rock-type. Sherry’s eyes widened, and then slowly closed as her body collapsed beneath her.

“Magnus…” Lili frowned. She quickly stepped to the Magnemite who laid on the floor with its eye shut tight. “Good job.” She smiled as she recalled it into its ball. “And good job, Banette.” She smiled somewhat confidently. As Opal recalled the Rhyhorn back into her ball, she felt a great wave of confidence flood over her. From the start, Sherry seemed to be the terror which Lili had no hopes of defeating, and now, it boiled down to both of their final Pokemon. Lili’s crosshairs landed on the Binacle, who sat in a small nest of crumbled pieces of its rocky shell. He met the challenger’s eyes before turning his gaze to the Banette.

Another second passed like an hour as Lili stared at the Binacle with a look that was just a little short of horror. Correcting her posture and breathing seemed to be herculean tasks as her mind was drawn and quartered. Almost as if she was under water, she heard Opal shout once more, and the battle began again, but this time it was almost surreal. The Banette acted on its own, like before and ran across the battlefield. Once she was no more than halfway across, Banette appeared to sink into the ground and a shadow continued to move across the field. The shadow stopped as it came up to the Binacle, and Banette leaped out of the dark patch on the ground and leapt for the rock-type. This played into the Leader’s pokemon’s hands though, as he quickly shot a compressed wad of Mud into the eyes of ghost. It wasn’t enough to stop the collision, but enough to summon a screech of pain. The heavily weakened Binacle darted backward, propelled by his water gun, as Banette attempted to clear her vision.

Lili, too, felt blurry eyed. Just like before, the feelings of confidence drained from her body. She knew herself that she relied mostly on Sebastian and Ronnie, and in all honesty, she just wanted the battle over already so that she didn’t have to anticipate the feeling of humiliation any longer.

Banette watched the Binacle as it seemed to wave its heads in a way which almost mocked the Banette. She snarled beneath her breath while she gazed at her opponent. Lili clapped in order to get Banette’s attention and cleared her throat suddenly.

“Now use Night Shade, Banette!” Lili yelled with a slight quiver in her voice.

Banette growled as an illusion of herself appeared in front of her and stepped towards the Binacle, growing with each step that it took. By the time it crossed the battlefield and towered above the Binacle. Before the Banette even had a chance to pretend to kick the Binacle with it’s giant illusion, the Binacle span itself out of the way. Once it was out of the way of the fading illusion, it used its two hand-like heads to toss another wad of mud at Banette. The mud hit Banette in the face before she even had a chance to understand what was happening, and she was left clawing the thick substance out of her eyes once more.

Lili began to chew her lip as she watched the opponents gain the upper hand in the battle. Banette took in fast, tired breaths as she awaited Lili’s next order, although she was on the verge of lunging for the Binacle and her trainer without Lili’s permission.

“Shadow Sneak again!” She yelled abruptly. “You can do it!” She added, hoping to be more reassuring. Without second thought, Banette sunk into a shadowed patch on the ground and sped across the field. The shadow reached the Binacle and Banette pounced from the shadow as she had done previously. Learning from the attack before, the Binacle pushed himself out of Banette’s range. Banette’s eyes widened in frustration once the move failed. The Binacle instantly returned the move with a stream of water from both of its heads. Banette fell back and sunk into the ground in a shadow as the streams of water approached her. She crept across the battlefield until she was in the space in front of Lili once more.

“Okay, Banette.” Lili exhaled nervously. Her eyes flickered between Banette and Binacle. The thought of her next move quickly flittered from one thought to another. “Banette, another Night Shade!”

Banette seemed to cackle as the illusion of herself crawled across the ground and grew as it reached the Binacle, just as it had done previously. Lili didn’t seem to notice at first, but it became obvious that the Binacle was getting used to their common tricks. After seeing Night Shade happen for the third time, the Binacle was confident in dodging the blow from the horrific illusion. The Binacle waved its heads back and forth in a throwing motion, releasing a number of pointed stones towards Banette.

“No!” Lili gasped in sheer panic, recognising the Binacle’s move which the Rhyhorn had already achieved previously. A scream left her lips and echoed around the battleground as she felt overwhelmed by what felt like her biggest defeat so far.

Banette turned her attention to the Binacle, and more notably the stones which flew at her. She sprinted, closing up the gap between herself and the stones which came closer by the second. Lili’s eyes widened. Banette was just making her admit defeat quicker than she had to. Banette continued to run. Before she touched the stones, however, she seemed to disappear. Both Lili and Opal gasped to themselves as the stones continued to fly until they landed on the far side of the gym. Even the Binacle seemed to be confused by the move, and before he could react, Banette snapped back into view in the space immediately in front of him. She swung her sleeve-like arms and smacked the Binacle with both arms.

Banette stood over the tired, limp Binacle and uttered a cackle-like screech from her sealed mouth. Lili mustered a tired chuckle from her lips.
“I won…” Lili muttered to herself. Her lips suddenly curled into a smile. “Banette,” She called out with her arms opened wide. “We won!” she continued to squirm with excitement upon scooping Banette up into her arms. Banette rested her head on Lili’s shoulder and let her eyes shut gently. Lili took Banette’s ball and recalled her in before she stepped forwards and grinned towards Opal.

Silently, Opal recalled her last pokemon, and gazed at the victorious Lili with a sincere smile.

“The moment of victory.” Lili giggled in a patronising tone. “I love it!” she continued to laugh.
[+] spoiler
Lili sent out Banette
Banette was hurt by Stealth Rock
Opal sent out Kenneth the Binacle
Sherry used Smack Down on Magnus
Banette used Night Shade

Both Sherry and Magnus have fainted.

Kenneth used Shell Smash, raising its Attack, Special Attack, and Speed, and decreasing its Defense and Special Defense.
Banette used Shadow Sneak against Kenneth
Kenneth retaliated with a Mudslap, Critical Hit, Banette’s accuracy was lowered
Banette used Night Shade, but it missed
Kenneth used Mud Slap again, Banette’s accuracy was lowered

Banette used Shadow Sneak, but it missed
Kenneth used Water Gun, but it missed
Banette used Night Shade, but it missed

Kenneth used Smack Down, Banette dodged with Faint Attack, It hit!

Binacle Faints - Lili has defeated Gym Leader Opal!
[+] spoiler
Emilie 'Lili' Kaplan

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Sebastian
Level 20

1. Pound
4. Growl
8. Bubble
11. Water Sport
15. Peck
16. Metal Claw
19. Bubblebeam[/size]
[+] spoiler

Ronnie
Level 18

1. Tackle
1. Harden
4. Mud-Slap
8. Headbutt
11. Metal Claw
13. Rock Tomb
16. Protect[/size]

[+] spoiler

Magnus
Level 19
1. Tackle
5. Supersonic
7. Thundershock
11. Sonicboom
13. Thunder Wave[/small]
17. Magnet Bomb
19. Spark
[+] spoiler

Montgomery
Level 29

1. Confusion
1. Tackle
5. Hypnosis
9. Imprison
11. Confuse Ray
15. Psywave
19. Iron Defense
21. Faint Attack
25. Safeguard
29. Future Sight[/size]
[+] spoiler

Rufus
Level 17

1. Endure
1. Foresight
1. Quick Attack
6. Counter
11. Feint
15. Force Palm
Egg. Blaze Kick[/size]

[+] spoiler

Mienfoo
Level 29

1. Pound
5. Meditate
9. Detect
13. Fake Out
17. DoubleSlap
21. Swift
25. Calm Mind
29. Force Palm
Egg. Knock Off[/size]
[/size]
[+] spoiler
Elijah Hershel

Bruce
Level 5

1. Tackle
5. Withdraw
Hue
Level 7

1. Tackle
1. Confuse Ray
5. Astonish
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty

September 3rd, 2015, 8:53 pm #9

Lili -
Opal -
Lili sauntered across the battlefield, her hand placed elegantly above her chin as she continued to giggle with the terribly arrogant brashness that only a smug winner could throw at another person. Lili didn’t even clock Opal’s admiring smile falling into a mild contempt. Instead, she kept her head tipped back and her eyes shut. The laughing came to a slow stop but the grin remained.

“Did you record the entire battle, Miss Tilman?” Lili asked the Gym Leader while she gestured to the cameras on the walls. “Because I feel like you could ‘analyse your defeat and learn from it’.” Lili told Opal, almost mocking the leader’s own tone.

“The entire battle was recorded, miss,” Opal stated through pursed lips, “Including this hubris with which you seem intent on spoiling your chance to earn a gym badge.” She continued to stare down at Lili like one would a misbehaving child.

Lili shook her head, flicking her hair as she did so. “Miss Tilman, but I have already won the battle. The badge is mine.” Lili replied, following the remark with another cackle of sheer arrogance. The laughing came to an abrupt stop, however, once Lili caught sight of Opal’s stoney expression once more. “It’s mine, right?” She gulped.

“That is, ultimately, my decision.” She said, taking a powerful stride forward, heels punctuating the sentence, she stood within a foot of her challenger, solid and resolute. From the second that Opal moved forwards, Lili’s first reaction was to take a step back, and now that the pair were face to face, Lili had the urge to move, but she inhaled a subtle breath and clung on to her dress as she stood on the spot.

“You are a strong person, Miss Kaplan,” Opal stated, still not smiling, “You portray yourself as confident and powerful.” Her gaze bore through the younger woman, “But you are a geode. This guise you adopt is coarse and unrefined. It blocks the world from seeing what you truly are,” She smiled, “A beautiful crystal, harder than any stone, and whose brilliance can use light to strike awe better than any demonstration of power.”

Lili blinked as she listened closely.

“That is what it means to be strong”

Opal’s words rattled around inside Lili’s mind for a moment. As much as she loved being called a crystal, she didn’t enjoy the thought of her attitude stopping others from seeing her as one. She smiled at Opal, but with sincerity instead of cockiness. “Thank you.” Lili told her. “I’m just me. I mean, I don’t try to…” Lili paused. She opened her mouth to speak, but let out a faint sigh instead. She looked down at the floor, fluttering her eyelashes as she hesitated. “Thank you.” Lili told Opal once more.

The Gym Leader smiled warmly, “You’re very welcome Lili, follow me please.” She turned and walked toward the same key pad and wall panel with a quiet and reserved Lili in tow. This time she pressed in a different string of numbers and the wall opened to reveal a jewel case filled with multiple copies, sizes, and variations of the same symbol. Lili’s eyes widened at the sight of the pieces that filled the case.

“These are Diamond Badges, you may choose a format you want, we have pins, charms for necklaces, broaches, simple badges for cases. It would be my honor to give you one, and make you an official victor of the Oreback Gym- Excuse me,Weswell, I should get used to calling it that since it’ll be official in a few weeks...” Her tone was infinitely warmer, still refined and direct, but it as if going from a diamond to a garnet.

Lili pointed towards the smaller badges with the tiny silver link on them. “I would love one of the charms please, Miss Tilman.” She nodded her head once more, almost as if she was bowing to the leader. “Again, thank you. This battle made me rattle with nerves, but it was honestly more than I can explain. It was a lot of fun.”

“I’m truly happy to hear that Lili.” She produced a card and swiped it through to unlock the case, and tenderly grabbed the requested badge before presenting it to the younger woman. “If you ever want a rematch, please give me a call, and I’ll pencil you in.”

“Of course, I would love to, if you’ll have me.” Lili nodded. She shook her wrist, making her silver charm bracelet slide from beneath her sleeve in preparation to add the badge. She slipped the charm - the Diamond Badge - on to her bracelet, and gently hid it under her sleeve once more.

After giving her a moment, Opal extended her hand, “It was very nice to meet you Miss, I’m looking forward to seeing how you grow.” Opal extended her arm and offered her hand to Lili. Lili gently took Opal’s hand and gently shook it.

“Do you need me to show you the way out?” Opal asked the girl who kept admiring the charm through her sleeve.

“That would be lovely. However, I do believe I have to admire your gems upstairs before I leave.” Lili told Opal.

“Absolutely.” Opal told Lili as they began to step across the silent battlefield. Opal escorted Lili out of the gym and up the stairs that they had descended to reach the gym-field. The second that the pair had left the gym and entered the stairs, the humid air brushed against the two of them. The trek up the stairs seemed quicker than it took to go down them, but Lili knew what to expect this time.

Once they arrived at the top, Opal opened the door to the main museum and held it open for Lili. Lili stepped through and nodded a 'thank you' to the leader.

"I must be off, I have something to take care of. Thank you, Miss Kaplan. Take care." She let the door shut and walked through the museum and disappeared behind a door behind the reception desk.

Once she was alone, Lili closed her eyes and she inhaled for a moment. She began to exhale, squealing with excitement as she did so. Her fists clenched at her sides while she pictured the battle in her mind. "I. Did. It. She told herself. "We did it." She repeated, patting the Pokeballs in her pocket as she did so.

She began to walk through the museum, weaving between the displays as she had done previously. Instead of weaving through them quickly, however, she took her time, taking in all of the glistening jewels and dull brown rocks. She hadn't quite imagined that she could accept a rock for it's beauty just yet, but Opal had taught them of their strength.

Lili let out a little sigh, but a content one, as she patted her pocket again. "I guess that we should head back to the Pokemon Center and get you guys rested again." She told her Pokemon and with that, she exited the gym and made her way back into Oreback Town.
[+] spoiler
Emilie 'Lili' Kaplan

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Sebastian
Level 20

1. Pound
4. Growl
8. Bubble
11. Water Sport
15. Peck
16. Metal Claw
19. Bubblebeam[/size]
[+] spoiler

Ronnie
Level 18

1. Tackle
1. Harden
4. Mud-Slap
8. Headbutt
11. Metal Claw
13. Rock Tomb
16. Protect[/size]

[+] spoiler

Magnus
Level 19
1. Tackle
5. Supersonic
7. Thundershock
11. Sonicboom
13. Thunder Wave[/small]
17. Magnet Bomb
19. Spark
[+] spoiler

Montgomery
Level 29

1. Confusion
1. Tackle
5. Hypnosis
9. Imprison
11. Confuse Ray
15. Psywave
19. Iron Defense
21. Faint Attack
25. Safeguard
29. Future Sight[/size]
[+] spoiler

Rufus
Level 17

1. Endure
1. Foresight
1. Quick Attack
6. Counter
11. Feint
15. Force Palm
Egg. Blaze Kick[/size]

[+] spoiler

Mienfoo
Level 29

1. Pound
5. Meditate
9. Detect
13. Fake Out
17. DoubleSlap
21. Swift
25. Calm Mind
29. Force Palm
Egg. Knock Off[/size]
[/size]
[+] spoiler
Elijah Hershel

Bruce
Level 5

1. Tackle
5. Withdraw
Hue
Level 7

1. Tackle
1. Confuse Ray
5. Astonish
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty

September 3rd, 2015, 10:06 pm #10

Lili -
PokeMart Cashier -

The clinical, artificial smell of the Pokemon Center was one that Lili never imagined that she would enjoy, but the more she spent on her journey, the more comforting that Pokemon Centers and everything about them became to her. Normally, Lili was never too happy unless she was doing something worth dedicating her time to, but she had come to appreciate being able to just relax on a comfortable sofa, surrounded by cool, clean air as the nurses did what they had to do.

Lili made point of sitting on a seat within eyeshot of the reception desk. She pulled her left sleeve back and revealed her silver charm bracelet. She thought about the day she got it; she was visiting Shiroshore with her family, as they would do often. There was one particular street full of boutiques and other stores that sold quality, and obviously expensive, wares. While her parents ogled the lather jackets and shoes, Lili would always stand and stare at the windows of the jewellery store, something about the shininess of it all just caught her eye. There, she noticed the plain charm bracelet and the charms that she could buy to make it her own. Then, luckily for her, on her sixteenth birthday, she was gifted with her own bracelet.

She ran her fingers over the few charms that she had. She didn't want to fill it up with pretty things, but instead waited to fill it up with charms that meant something to her. She had a little silver Pokeball with rhinestones dangling from it, to represent the day she was given Sebastian, a golden love heart as a gift from her parents to celebrate her eighteenth birthday, and now the diamond badge. Without realising, she found herself grinning. Her thoughts suddenly shifted to the thoughts of her mother's last phone call. The grin ended, and instead she was left with a neutral remark upon her lips.

"Lili?" The Nurse from behind the reception called out as she returned to the desk, silver tray and Pokeballs in hand.

Lili raised her hand and smiled to the nurse. She stood from her seat and stepped over to the desk. "Are they all okay?"

The Nurse, different to the previous three nurses, smiled and nodded. "They're all good. Well done, by the way." She told Lili as she handed the Pokeballs over. "Gathering from how energetic your pokemon are, I can see you worked hard for that win."

Lili smiled back to the nurse. "Thank you, I'm honestly still in shock."

"So what will you do now?" The nurse asked. "Are you going to challenge Perry or Tachi? They're pretty close."

"Are they gym leaders?" Lili asked with a slight hesitant frown on her face. "I don't know, to be honest."

"Well you can't just stop at one badge." The nurse chuckled. "I mean, you will do the other seven gyms, won't you?"

Lili shrugged her shoulders. "Probably. Possibly. I haven't put much thought into it."

The nurse laughed with an unnecessarily patronising hint in her tone. "Well, good luck."

Lili nodded to the nurse and then turned around. She stepped out of the Pokemon center and looked around. Despite only talking to her for a minute or so, Lili couldn't help but think about the Nurse's words. She wanted to prove herself against a Gym leader, but now she had to think about her next step.

"You need to start planning ahead more, Emilie." She mumbled under her breath. It seemed a common theme amongst Lili's life; she would plan her immediate next step, and focus on that and solely that. This often left her stuck for what to do next once she was done. She pressed a button on her holocaster and brought up the menu. She scrolled through the menu until she brought up the Town Map.

"Alright." She told herself. "We're here, in Oreback, or Weswell, whatever they call it now." She ran her finger over the the route from Oreback and scanned the area immediately above. "So we've got Goliath Caverns, Vlostik above, then there's Stoutfist." She hummed to herself as she thought. "If I'm to challenge another gym, though, we're going to need to do some more team-strengthening." Her eyes flickered to the spot above Stoutfist. "Arideo Canyon? Alright, let me think about it a little more."

The Holocaster powered off, and Lili was left staring blankly into nothing but thin air. She blinked, snapping out of the daydream that she was left with. Once she came back to reality, she noticed that she was staring up at the Pokemart which sat ahead of her.

"Well, I do need to prepare myself." she told herself, as if she had to convince herself, although she would have gone in regardless.

The cashier, who happened to be the same cashier as the one who spoke to her previously, watched her as soon as she stepped into the store. Lili just waved, acknowledging him but without having to be too nice to him.

"Back again." The clerk laughed, almost too enthusiastically.

Lili continued to stare at the shelves. "Mm." She nodded.

"We'll have to stop meeting like this, you and me." The Cashier laughed.

"We shall." Lili told him. "I'm finished at the Gym, so I'll probably make a move soon."

The cashier's face drooped. "Oh... Oh, okay." He mumbled to Lili. "Well, where are you off to, anyhow?"[/color]

"We'll see where the mood takes me." Lili told him. She noticed the sight of the Pokeballs in the counter as she turned. She stepped to the counter and looked down at them. "What are those ones?" She pointed towards some grey-looking Pokeballs.

"Ah, those are Heavy Balls." The cashier told Lili. "They work better on heavy pokemon."[/color]

Lili hesitated for a moment. "They would be pretty good, but I believe I have too many pokeballs already." She said, patting her pocket which happened to be full of empty Pokeballs.

"Sell them, we'll take them!"

"Oh?" She asked, taking out the empty Pokeballs and placing them on the counter.

"We won't give you the same price that you paid back, but we will give you something, at least." He told her as he scooped the Pokeballs up. He pressed buttons on his till until a total came up. "Alright, how does eight hundred sound?"

Lili's brow narrowed. "Only eight?" She placed her hand on the counter ever-so delicately and smiled at the cashier. "Maybe you could help me out here. You got one thousand, six hundred, maybe you can do a little more?" She said in a falsely soft tone, adding the odd eyelash flutter here and there too.

"My register says eight, so I can do eight."

Lili let out an abrupt sigh. "Fine."

She seemed to stare with slight anguish as the cashier took the Pokeballs and took Lili's money from the cash register. 'So you defeat Opal -- I mean, Lady Tilman --, yet you get shot down by this boy in one sweep? Pathetic.' She thought to herself.

The cashier placed his money on the counter and slid it over to Lili. "There's eight hundred." He told her placing the last note down on the counter. "So, uh, tell me." He said, leaning on the counter.

Lili looked at the cashier with a polite smirk upon her face. "Actually, I'm good." She told him. She took her money and left the store without even looking back at the cashier once she had left.

"Third time lucky, maybe?" The cashier told himself with his head in his hands.

Reason For Edit: Writing as I go
[+] spoiler
Emilie 'Lili' Kaplan

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Sebastian
Level 20

1. Pound
4. Growl
8. Bubble