Moderators: Novice Moderators, Board Moderators

1- Bohemian Rhapsody

May 8th, 2018, 2:19 pm #1

[+] spoiler
Pokemon

Sneasel
Received at Level 9
[+] spoiler
Queen respects power. In fact, she lives by it- so much that she does not obey those she deems to be weak. She has always seen herself as an alpha, as she historically has won battles the majority of the time, but when she loses, she gets temperamental towards others. She views Bailey as just another human who does not know the true meaning of power, so she will not obey her commands until such a time as Bailey earns her respect.
Nickname: Queen
Type: Dark/Ice
Ability: Inner Focus
Height: 2'11"
Weight: 61.7 lbs
Health: Low
EXP Rate: Medium Slow
EXP Gauge: (77/81)
EXP Gained: 62
Level: 20
Division: D6
Total Stats: 260
  • Attack: 100
  • Defense: 40
  • Sp. Attack: 2
  • Sp. Defense: 20
  • Speed: 88 (34%)
Vitamins Used: None
Moveset:
1. Leer
1. Scratch
1. Taunt
8. Quick Attack
10. Feint Attack
14. Icy Wind
16. Fury Swipes
20. Agility

Unique Moves:
-
-
-
-
Item: Razor Claw

All was silent except the racing bray of my trepid heart. I am. I am. I am. Shadows crept eerily along trailing black cables across the entrance to the power plant. The whole area was split off into around four sections- but it didn’t really matter where I was headed. I just wanted to get away from- from everything. It was about midday, judging by relative warmth and the position of the sun, but that did little to calm the lingering feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach. I clenched my hands tightly enough that my nails left little scratches in my palm. When I unclenched, the stinging pain stayed with me for a few moments before fading. I looked up. A few large stone pillars were located at the top of the nearest plant building. Maybe they were chimneys or something? I tried to think back to the past couple years about what I had learnt about the Tiensee plant in school, but nothing seemed to ring a bell. I didn’t remember a thing about this stuff. After a moment, my hand found its way into the side pocket of my blue backpack. Fumbling around inside it for a minute, I pulled out the pokeball and held the object in front of me. Sneasel were supposed to be rare and powerful- an appropriate first step for my goals, but…

But.

I didn’t want to open it. Not right now, anyway. Maybe it was anxiety, or perhaps guilt about what I had done to obtain it- well, her. The transfer system said that this particular pokemon was a female. In my haste, I hadn’t even bothered to think of a nickname- I wanted something regal and powerful. Nothing came to mind, however. My arms fell to my sides and I continued to walk along a cracked stone road to my next destination. As I grew closer and closer, little details about the abandoned building came into view. They might have been considered photograph material, if you were into that grunge thing- faded bricks, cracked windows, graffiti, rusted metal- as I came to notice the last one, I vaguely wondered when I got my last tetanus shot. Hopefully it was recently? With my free left hand, I scratched the back of my neck. My rough, knotted braid bounced off the back of my knuckles. Slowly, the road’s length shortened. When I approached a green door made of an unknown material, I stopped in my tracks. Was it locked, or…?

I stared at it for a moment. No thoughts entered my mind, but an odd feeling lingered at the back of my consciousness. Slowly, my hand came into contact with a rusted handle. It felt cool in temperature, but the rust gave off a feeling of grime that made me want to rub my hands on my jeans to get rid of it. I twisted carefully, but a large creak still rang throughout the area. I froze. After a moment of dead silence where I was sure that nobody had heard, I proceeded into a large room mostly made of concrete. A wall of mostly windows was to my left, leaving sunlight to filter in freely through the broken glass. A few giant metal pipes (rusty, of course) sat directly in front of me, weaving about the area and crisscrossing down next to some stairs I spotted on the right. One of them was smaller than the rest, though- and conveniently, was relatively low to the ground. I sat on it after a moment’s consideration before bringing the pokeball back up so I could look at it. Inside rested a one-way ticket to everything I should have wanted. Power, prestidge, money… So why did everything feel so wrong?

I grumbled to myself. Here I was, alone in the wilderness, with nothing but a few bags of chips, a water bottle, and a creature I’d never met to keep me company. A loud sigh left my body as I hunched forward. I rolled the pokeball around in my hands for a bit. The material it was made from quickly warmed in my hands. With every moment I procrastinated, my anxiety grew like a tumor. I winced at the analogy. Just open it, stupid.

My finger found the button, and a bright light cocooned the area.

[WC: 724]
[Total WC: 724]

[+] spoiler
Bailey Hugo
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Dians: 2,867
Total EXP: 62
Speech Color: #ee4a2d
Badges: 0
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Last known location: ???
Music: Renegade

★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
"As the stars begin to gather,
and the light begins to fade,
when all hope begins to shatter,
know that I won't be afraid."
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Dramatis Personae

Sneasel (Queen)
- Lvl. 20 - 77/81
★★★
Dark/Ice
★★★
Attack: 100
Defense: 40
Sp. Attack: 2
Sp. Defense: 20
Speed: 88 (34%)

[+] spoiler
1. Leer
1. Scratch
1. Taunt
8. Quick Attack
10. Feint Attack
14. Icy Wind
16. Fury Swipes
20. Agility
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Sneasel Image Credit: Sa Dui

May 20th, 2018, 10:35 pm #2

The shining white of the hospital contrasted heavily against the somber mood. My mother was holding my hand, though I got the feeling that it was more for her reassurance than mine. I scratched the back of my ear and looked down at the floor. I’d never been good at social situations… What was I supposed to say now? Did I cry with her? Did I act out like usual- screaming and kicking? The mismatched blue and green tiles of the floor were suddenly very interesting. The pitter patter of approaching footsteps had me look up, into the brown eyes of a man in a doctor’s uniform. He clenched a plastic clipboard tightly in his hands, and I saw his knuckles pressed clearly against his dark skin. What was it? Was my brother sicker than I thought? I heard my mom sniffle and choke back a violent sob as he drew near. Something about his expression made my chest tense up.

“Mrs. Hugo?” he began in a deep yet gentle voice. I saw my mom nod out of the corner of my eye. “We’ve received the results of the CT scan.” Oh. My hand started to go numb under the pressure of my mother’s vice grip. I decided to focus on the physical pain rather than what was coming next. “Your son has stage two lung cancer.” I knew it was coming, but it felt like a heavy blow against my ribcage. It hurt. It hurt like a grotesque, pulsating mass-

I needed to get out of here.

I started to pull away but the grip only grew tighter. Bones grinded in my hand as I struggled against her. Numbly and silently, we followed the doctor up the elevator and into a sea foam green colored room where my brother- where Matthias- was sitting up in a hospital bed. A discarded lunch tray sat next to him. The leftovers were his favorite, I noticed. Little tauros nuggets with copious amounts of ketchup. It lay half eaten on the styrofoam plate. Looking away, my vision once again fell to the floor.

“Bailey.” a warm voice interrupted. “I-” no, no, not me. Anyone but me! I don’t- I can’t- “It’s still treatable.” my brother said softly. My braided hair flew from side to side as I shook my head. Don’t you dare. “I’ll be better before you know it,” he continued. A violent chill wracked down my spine. “I’m sorry.”

I don’t deserve his attention. I’ve treated him like the scum off my shoes for years, and I was the first person he talked to? I can’t do this. I don’t want to do this. The same thought from earlier echoed throughout my mind: I needed to get out of here. I needed to get away from all of… this. I can’t afford to soak up all of his affections. I wish I wasn’t here. It would be better for everyone if I hadn’t been born at all. Slowly but surely, the makings of a plan hatched within my mind. I could fix that… I could fix all of this. I’d run away. A feeling of simultaneous dread and excitement made its way up through my gut. I just got my trainer’s license two days ago. I could take my life savings, run away- all I’d need was a pokemon. Guiltily, I looked up at my brother. I shouldn’t be doing this. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t promise myself that I wouldn’t, so I did the next best thing- convince myself to put it off until later.

“Bailey?” Matthias spoke up, an edge of concern in his tone of voice. I nodded. I’m fine. I’m fine. I’m fine.

I’m not fine.

[WC: 622]
[Total WC: 1,346]

[+] spoiler
Bailey Hugo
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★

★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Dramatis Personae

Sneasel (Queen)
- Lvl. 20 - 77/81
★★★
Dark/Ice
★★★

[+] spoiler
1. Leer
1. Scratch
1. Taunt
8. Quick Attack
10. Feint Attack
14. Icy Wind
16. Fury Swipes
20. Agility
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...

May 21st, 2018, 3:01 pm #3

Before me stood a figure around half my height, colored a dark teal with a long, red feather jutting above her right eye. Her posture spoke of confidence and authority- as if she expected to be the one in control. Clenched in her left claw was a small, fang-like object. I’ve seen a few of those before- was it a razor claw? Before I knew it, narrowed scarlet eyes had met my own. I felt a shiver run down my spine, and a slight pressure in the pit of my stomach that made me feel like I was being judged. A large hiss echoed throughout the area- was it coming from her? It’s only been a few seconds and she already didn’t like me.

I adjusted my red jacket and stood to my full height, slinging my backpack around my shoulder. This was… Not good. I had to resolve this quickly. Little scenarios flashed through my mind as I attempted to source the problem and potential solutions. Sneasel here didn’t respect me. To be fair, I didn’t respect me, either, but if I ever wanted her to listen, I couldn’t afford to let her know that. Consciously, I straightened my posture and made a show of looking down at her, reinforcing the fact that I was considerably taller.

“My name is Bailey,” I said, firmly as I could, “and I’m your new trainer. Obey me and I’ll help you become stronger.” I was grasping for straws here, but I got the feeling that respect and power went hand in hand with the pokemon before me. Sneasel snorted, folded her arms, and looked downwards. “If you don’t listen, I’ll send you right back to the PC and you’ll never have the chance to explore the world nor partake in as many battles as you would have otherwise.” I continued. Sneasel grumbled and clenched her claws tightly. After a moment, her claws unclenched. She didn’t relax, per se, but she looked more willing to listen than before. Good. Contemplatively, I gave the ice type a scrutinizing look. “How do you like the name ‘Queen’?” I asked. I swear that Sneasel-Queen? rolled her eyes at that, but didn’t seem to otherwise care. Queen it was, then(?).

Next step, explore the plant. There were many strong pokemon here, or so I had been told, I just needed to find one and earn their respect. I stretched widely, careful to maintain my straight posture, and continued to walk to my right. A few meters in front of me were a set of stairs that led below into a basement of some sort. I could have been completely wrong, of course, but there was nobody here to care if I got that question wrong on my social studies exam. A few jutting pipes ran alongside the stairs. Curiously, I poked a smaller one that came particularly close. It was cold to the touch and left a fine coat of dust on my finger.

Queen followed somewhat obediently, although her eyes seemed to be focused on an object towards the bottom right of the stairs. A twisted hunk of metal had fallen down onto the floor. Perhaps it had once been a pipe? A soft whimpering echoed through the area as I approached. My brows furrowed. I bent over to further investigate what had had the dark type following me so invested. Suddenly, two wide cyan eyes met my own. I flinched back. There was a pokemon trapped under the pipe!

Not sparing any thought, I braced myself and grabbed the pipe from the bottom. This was nothing, I told myself. I’ve seen kids at the school gym lift stuff like this all the time. Next, I slowly stood up- or tried to, at least. The pipe moved a little bit, but not enough for whatever pokemon trapped beneath it to get out. As the pipe lifted, I got a better look at whatever was under it- something that appeared to be shiny silver-colored metal was curled up in a little ball. An Aron? I redoubled my efforts, this time trying to put my back into it.

I felt something tear, and a fiery pain made its way up my back. The pipe had lifted high enough for the Aron to scurry out, but I wasn’t in a state of mind to notice. I stood there silently for a few moments, and when I returned to the world of the living, the steel type and Queen were still there. Queen was looking at me with a look of disgust, like she couldn’t believe I hurt myself trying to help another living being.

I slowly raised my arm. My back stung, but I was still able to move. I shook my head before looking down towards the Aron. “You should go,” I said after a moment. “It’s not safe to play around with the pipes.” the pokemon looked downwards, as if guilty, before opening their mouth really wide. Next, I kid you not, an entire white CD fell out. The steel type blinked and then trotted away. I looked down at the disc, which was covered in pokemon spit. Wait- was that a technical machine? I picked it up with the sleeve of my jacket and read the little lines printed on the bottom. TM048: Round.

I didn’t know what ‘Round’ was, or how it’d help me in battle, but I put it in my backpack delicately, making sure it was wrapped in one of my extra shirts. As I prepared to move on, I heard several loud thumps. I turned to Queen, who was too busy being a sassy child to pay attention overtly, before facing the direction where I heard the sound. Two adults were making their way down the stairs. One of them sported brown hair and brown eyes, a black graphic tee, and a white skirt that my mom would probably not let me wear in public. The second one looked a little taller, with black hair and bright blue eyes. She was wearing gray sweatpants and a pink tank top. They were both women who appeared to be in their mid twenties.

I heard a soft squeak, and I noticed a small grass type looking pokemon held tightly in the former’s grasp. The pokemon was looking right at me, before narrowing their eyes at Queen. A trainer, perhaps? The five-pack pokeball box held by the lady with black hair seemed to say so. They were deeply involved with whatever conversation they were having, but the one with black hair seemed to notice me first.

“Hey, where are your parents?” her voice was high pitched and quiet. The one in the skirt turned to me as well, and I saw her shoulders jump a little as if she honestly hadn’t noticed I was there. Come on, I was wearing a bright red jacket!
“I’m a trainer!” I protested weakly. The dark type next to me scoffed and looked away. “I’m Bailey.”

“Hello, Bailey,” said black hair lady. “Sorry for that question, I didn’t mean to offend you.” she said diplomatically. The brown hair lady tilted her head before speaking up as well.

“This is my girlfriend, Julie Sparrow,” she began. “My name is Nina Chen.”

Pokemon
Pokemon
PokeDex Info
Level
Stats
MoveSet

Hulo
[+] spoiler
Hulo has been with Nina since the day she was born. In fact, Hulo once belonged to Nina's late grandfather. Given to her as a gift and a catalyst to make the toddler into the wonderful woman she is today, Hulo has treated his trainer almost like his daughter. There isn't anything Hulo won't do for Nina. Though not one to adhere to her every whim - not that Nina would ever do that - Hulo has long learned when to tell if a situation calls for certain action or for verbal means. He isn't much of a talker, especially to strangers. More often than not, with the rising reports of danger going around, Hulo has become even more cautious about what interacts with his family.
Type: Grass
Ability: Chlorophyll
Health: Intermediate
25 Total Stats: 350

Attack: 3
Defense: 114
Sp. Attack: 75
Sp. Defense: 98 (28%)
Speed: 60
1. Growth
1. Absorb
5. Sweet Scent
9. Acid
13. Poison Powder
14. Stun Spore
15. Sleep Powder
17. Aromatherapy
19. Mega Drain
22. Magical Leaf
22. Leaf Blade
22. Sunny Day
24. Lucky Chant

Unique Moves:
- Synthesis (Egg Move)
- Teeter Dance (Egg Move)
- Safeguard (TM Move)
- Protect (TM Move)
[+] spoiler
Ah, young love. Isn't it beautiful? But, more so awkward? Your character meets a new couple but neither knows what they should do now that they're together. Will you help them or is it none of your business? Can you learn something or is it a topic you rather not touch? What happens if the townsfolk don’t like the couple? What happens if they do, but maybe a bit too much? Geez, the complexity of love… Goodness!
[WC: 1,211]
[Total WC: 2,557]

[+] spoiler
Bailey Hugo
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★

★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Dramatis Personae

Sneasel (Queen)
- Lvl. 20 - 77/81
★★★
Dark/Ice
★★★

[+] spoiler
1. Leer
1. Scratch
1. Taunt
8. Quick Attack
10. Feint Attack
14. Icy Wind
16. Fury Swipes
20. Agility
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...

June 26th, 2018, 6:33 pm #4

The backpack opened quickly as I yanked the zipper downwards. I needed to get out of here- and I knew just how to do it. I would run away. I already had a list of what I would need- and it was in my hand. Clothes, food, money, phone, trainer’s license. My room was sterile in how clean it was, making it that much easier to locate the items I required. Walking over to the opposite, blue-colored wall from my bed, I grabbed the handle of a drawer and slid it open. How many shirts would I need? Pokemon centers had washing machines and all that- so packing too many would just slow me down. I rifled through the contents of my shirt drawer before pulling out six different items, neatly folded. All were tee shirts, colored simple browns, whites, blacks, and reds. I placed them at the bottom of my pack and proceeded to find five black pairs of pants. The process continued for underwear, socks, and undershirts. The bag was around two thirds full. There wasn’t a lot of room left. Scratching my ear in frustration, I threw in a pair of cheap sandals, my life savings (not that impressive- just over 1,000 dians) in a ziploc bag, and a pair of durable sunglasses. It zipped up easily and I threw it over my shoulder. It weighed down heavier than I’d originally thought. Was I really able to carry this whole thing to Aurmouth?

Footsteps echoed up a flight of wooden stairs. Shit! Without a second thought, I flung it into the closet and shut the door. The strap of the bag left a little burn on my shoulder as I threw it off. A resounding bang rang throughout my room.

“Bailey, are you alright?” my mother asked. A small lump raised in my throat.

“Y-yeah. I was just-” I paused before answering lamely. “I fell off my bed.” I could practically see my mother tilt her head in response. The footsteps continued to approach before she slowly opened the door and stepped in. She was wearing a long, blue skirt and a white button up shirt. A few buttons were in the wrong hole, however, like she wasn’t paying attention when she put it on. That wasn’t right. She always was neat with things like that. Matthias would probably laugh it off. If he were-

“I knew you’d come back here, Bailey. There’s nothing I can say to make this better, but I can offer my support.” I looked down. Would she still say the same thing if she knew what I planned to do? I planned to abandon her and my cancer-ridden brother at the worst possible time. I swallowed.

“I just need some time alone.” I softly replied. She nodded, gave me one last smile, and gently closed the door. I stared at the piece of wood long after it had shut. My fists were clenched so tightly that I was beginning to lose feeling. I needed to get out of here. I took the backpack out of the closet, making sure everything was in place, before sliding my leather boots back onto my feet. I put my ear up to the wall. I heard the shower running in the room next over- mom’s bathroom. As quietly as I could, I snuck down the stairs, down a wooden-floored hallway, and out the front door. The walk to the bus stop was uneventful- I arrived in a few minutes. Paying the bus driver with a careful handful of money, I intended to stay on until we arrived at the pokemon center.

The pokemon center was also close to the hospital. I should have visited. I know I should have.

But I didn’t.

[WC: 627]
[Total WC: 3,184]

[+] spoiler
Bailey Hugo
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★

★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Dramatis Personae

Sneasel (Queen)
- Lvl. 20 - 77/81
★★★
Dark/Ice
★★★

[+] spoiler
1. Leer
1. Scratch
1. Taunt
8. Quick Attack
10. Feint Attack
14. Icy Wind
16. Fury Swipes
20. Agility
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...

July 28th, 2018, 5:21 pm #5

Nina Chen and Julie Sparrow? The adults stood a few yards away from me, and all was quiet for a few moments before I spoke up once more.

"Hi. Do you... Doyouwanttobattle?" I spoke quickly with all the finesse of a drunken Donphan. I ended up looking down and scratching the back of my neck with my left hand. Nina blinked. The pokemon in her arms squirmed, as if trying to get to the floor of the plant. She set the grass type gently on the ground before checking her pocket. Pulling out a potion and a revive, she promptly handed the items over to Julie. The girl clad in sweatpants nodded and smiled, grabbing both items in one hand and stepping back. The small creature stepped forwards a yard from her trainer, eyeing Queen warily. Queen, however, at the word 'battle', perked up and trotted forward, muscles tensing and ready to lunge at command. Suddenly, a thought occured to me. I had no idea what the ice type was capable of. I held up my finger and rooted around in my backpack for a pokedex, pulling the red-colored machine out and using it to scan my pokemon. I must've had audio turned off, because it didn't speak a word, but words flashed on screen. Sneasel- the Sharp Claw pokemon. Type: Dark/Ice. Ability: Inner Focus. Moves Known: Leer, Scratch, Taunt, Quick Attack, Feint Attack, Icy Wind, Fury Swipes, Agility. I read it twice over with the intent of memorization before putting the item back in my bag. Nina awaited patiently. "Do you want to go first, or...?" she shook her head.

"No, you're new, right?" was it that obvious? "I feel like you'd learn more from the experience if you went first." I nodded awkwardly, trying to think of what move to use. Taunt was a good one, right?

"Queen, use Taunt!" I spoke with as much authority as was possible for a thirteen year old midget. The dark type sneered at Nina's pokemon, flexing her claws. She let out a violent hiss, and a shudder racked its tiny body. From what I remember in trainer's school, Taunt made foes only use attacking moves- which was great, because all those weird ones that did stuff like confusing or poisoning left me a huge headache. Nina nodded, as if contemplating her options, before yelling out a reply.

"Not bad, but I'm afraid I'll have to counter with Leaf Blade. Hulo!" the small grass type- Hulo? Lunged forward suddenly, a blade of sharpened grass grasped firmly in his left hand. When did he get that? Did he pull it from his leaf skirt, or...? Suddenly, I realized that Queen was right in the way.

"Agility to dodge!" muscles beneath dark fur rippled, and Queen was standing diagonally behind Hulo by a few yards faster than I could keep track of. Just how strong was she? The dark type's opponent whipped around, blade of grass still clenched in his paw, before making a firm slash at my partner. It missed by not even a centimeter, the dark type taking a step back without even being told to. "Use Agility one more time, and then scratch!" I yelled out. Queen's muscles tensed once more, flickering behind her opponent before raking his back with sharpened claws. Hulo cried out, dropping the Leaf Blade onto the ground.

"Mega Drain, and then Magical Leaf!" Nina shouted back firmly. A greenish light seemed to envelop the grass type, but before the light could envelop Queen as well, she leapt backwards. Suddenly, leaves shot out from the arm of Nina's pokemon, but they glowed with the same light that currently enveloped him. Was this a combo of some sort? Queen managed to dodge this easily, but the attack seemed to follow her around.

"Taunt and then Fury Swipes! At the last minute, jump!" I yelled out, plan formulating. Hopefully it would work, and Queen would get what I meant. Otherwise I'd look like an idiot. The dark type lunged towards the grass type, making several sequential slashes with her massive claws, snarling as she did so. Well, not quite the order I said, but I guess it worked? The feather on the top of her head perked up, and she leapt into the air, easily going two yards. The Magical Leaf/Mega Drain combo attempted to follow her, but didn't quite travel at quite the same angle. Every leaf collided into the stomach of Hulo, one after the other. He seemed to heal himself slightly, as per the Mega Drain, but the combined power of the two attacks seemed to do him in. When all was over, he collapsed backwards onto the floor with an audible thump. I... Won? Nina gave me an odd, scrutinizing look, but her expression seemed happy. Queen gave a smirk before trotting back to me. She seemed like she was about to make physical contact, but changed her mind at the last minute and ended up standing at my side.

"Good job, Hulo." my opponent said. Julie handed over the revive and potion to her girlfriend, and she crouched over Hulo, using both. He woke up in a daze, and would probably need some more professional care after all was said and done, but he looked okay. She turned to me. "Not bad for a first battle," she complimented. My cheeks flushed red and I looked down. Quite the opposite of me, my partner flared up her chest and bared her teeth in a crude imitation of a smile. What a dork.

"Thank you." I said, scratching my neck. I'd never been good with praise, but the swellings of pride rested in my chest. I HAD done pretty well for myself, haven't I? "I, um, have to go- see you around?" I added. The duo looked at me oddly, but Nina seemed to recognize my embarrassment. She chuckled and nodded.

"Yes, see you later, Bailey."

[WC: 992]
[Total WC: 4,176]

[+] spoiler
-Queen uses Taunt
-Hulo uses Leaf Blade
-Queen uses Agility to dodge (Effective Speed: 176)
-Hulo uses Leaf Blade
-Queen uses Agility (Effective Speed: 264)
-Queen uses Scratch
-Hulo uses a Mega Drain + Magical Leaf combo, doesn't hit right away
-Queen uses Fury Swipes
-Queen uses Taunt
-Queen jumps to dodge the combo attack, and as a result it hits Hulo
-Hulo is knocked unconscious

[+] spoiler
Bailey Hugo
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★

★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Dramatis Personae

Sneasel (Queen)
- Lvl. 20 - 77/81
★★★
Dark/Ice
★★★

[+] spoiler
1. Leer
1. Scratch
1. Taunt
8. Quick Attack
10. Feint Attack
14. Icy Wind
16. Fury Swipes
20. Agility
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...
Looks like there's
no-one here...

July 29th, 2018, 8:38 pm #6

The pokemon center was uncomfortably sterile as I walked in. The smell of disinfectant was very strong, causing me to gag slightly. The tile floor squeaked as I took step after step, and I could clearly see my reflection. Without a word, I slid over to the PC, typing in my Brother's password and scanning his trainer card- I'd probably just leave the card at the counter for them to hand back when I was done. Wordlessly, I scrolled through his list of pokemon- Growlithe, Staravia, Luxio, and a few eggs. The eggs were gifts from his friends in trainer school- I vaguely recall him mentioning such a few weeks ago. I scratched my head. He used these pokemon a lot- it would be unfair to take one. But then, my eyes fell on one more: Sneasel. I'd never seen him with this particular one. I had no idea what a Sneasel was or what it looked like, but surely he wouldn't miss it... I clicked the transfer button, scanned his ID once more, inputted his PIN, and then did the same for MY trainer card. What I was doing was illegal- but surely he wouldn't press charges? I looked over the back of my shoulder nervously. Nobody seemed to be watching. When the pokeball materialized, I quickly stuffed it in my pocket. It fit snugly. I logged off promptly, walking over to the front counter to investigate their fliers. The nurses didn't pay much attention to me- perhaps due to my age? As sneakily as I could, I slid Matthias's trainer card through the fliers until it clinked onto the other side of the counter. I walked out without looking back.

My next destination, a little down the street, was a small local store for trainers. I slid five pokeballs off the wooden shelf, a repel, and two revives. I slid the items across the marble counter and handed out a fistful of money- I only had a few hundred dians left. I palmed the receipt the old man at the register had given me before stuffing the plastic shopping bag in the back of my bag. I ended up using the last of my money to pay for one last bus driver- one that took me to the very edge of town. A few hours' walk from here would find me at Tiensee Powerplant- hopefully I could find a rare pokemon or two there, as well as have a chance to relax.

My mind slowly started to wander back to my brother. It wasn't too late to go back- maybe I could say goodbye? A sickening nausea stirred up in my gut and I shook my head. No, he wouldn't want me back. He should spend his remaining time with a mother who loved him, not a sister who had mistreated him for years. He'd understand, right? I sighed loudly. He wouldn't. Nobody would. I needed to get stronger- both physically and emotionally. What a coward I was, running from my problems. I looked down. Maybe I could come back later- after a gym badge or two?

It was with that decision that I proceeded down the dirt trail, thoughts rife with abandonment and restitution.

[WC: 537]
[Total WC: 4,713]

[+] spoiler
Bailey Hugo
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★★★★★★★★★★★★★