Forum rules
Current Planet Nexus news updates are available in our Blurb [table=3] [url=http://forums.planetnexus.net/pages/nexustree/#id=1] [img]http://z3.ifrm.com/269/184/0/p258791/NTreeIcon60.png [/img] [/url]
[center]PN Page [/center] [c]Major updates and news items will be posted in this forum for your information and comment. However, our frequent update news items will be posted on our NexusTree page Blurb. Click the blurb icon on the left to access our page. Click the icon on the right to subscribe to the Planet Nexus Blurb Feed. Click the "View Past Blurb" link below for a complete listing of past blurbs. Comments or questions about current or past blurbs can be posted in the Blurb comment topic below. [c] [url=http://planetnexus.net/nextree/feed.php?bid=1] [img]http://z3.ifrm.com/269/184/0/p274266/BlurbFeed60.png [/img] [/url]
[center]Subscribe [/center] [/table] [center] [big] [b] [url=http://planetnexus.net/nextree/archive.php?l=forums.planetnexus.net/]View Past Blurbs [/url] [/b] [/big] [/center]

Please register for the new forums

Helena
Symbiotica

August 20th, 2018, 5:04 pm #1

Nexus 2.0 will require all new documentation as it is a completely re-written system. Because of that, this forum with all its history and documentations will become obsolete. It will remain as an archive after it is converted to Tapatalk groups.

We are working on the set up for our new support forums which will be self-hosted this time. We are extending an invitation to come along for the set up ride to our current community.

You can join us now by registering your account there. If all goes well in the new system, one login will open the doors to everything. You may wish to consider this when choosing your login credentials.

https://planetnexus.net/community/index.php

You will have a choice of using the Transistion theme (which will remind you of this one) or the PN2.0 theme which will give you a taste of the new look we have planned for Nexus. I'm also starting work on a mobile responsive version, which will have an even more updated look once finished.

See you over there!
Last edited by Helena on August 21st, 2018, 1:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

:deviantart:

SandyC
Amalgamatia

August 20th, 2018, 9:09 pm #2

Done, hate that thing with the letters and numbers though, I presume it's as capcha, it's to hard for my old eyes to read being all those different colours..
Love many, trust few, paddle your own waka.

Helena
Symbiotica

August 21st, 2018, 5:24 am #3

I know, that is an annoying one, isn't it? The tapatalk one is worse. It makes you do all those screens where you pick out the ones with cars, buses, etc in certain frames. It seems endless.

Deleted User
Deleted User

August 21st, 2018, 7:03 am #4

Done.

SandyC
Amalgamatia

August 21st, 2018, 9:00 pm #5

Helena wrote:I know, that is an annoying one, isn't it? The tapatalk one is worse. It makes you do all those screens where you pick out the ones with cars, buses, etc in certain frames. It seems endless.
Tell me about it, my old sites been converted to Tapatalk, without notice too I might add, so I decided to look in the ACP just in case someone had joined, (highly unlikely) I've still got to figure out the basics in there, so far I've spent some 5 or 6 hours in the ACP and am no wiser for wasting the time.. Tapatalk is crapatalk as far as their ACP's are concerned I'm afraid, we shouldn't need to be rocket scientists to figure them out, it rather looks like we need to be though.. :(

It'd be nice to think they'd simplify things a lot more in the ACP's, somehow I doubt it'll happen though.. I think now I've sort of figured the basics in Jcink the rest will be fairly straight forward, their ACP's are a doddle compared to Tapatalk and PHBB3..

Helena
Symbiotica

August 21st, 2018, 11:02 pm #6

If someone joins a tapatalk groups board, the admins will see a notification when viewing the board.

The little bell icoon at the top will have a red dot. Its actually a better notification system than ZB has.

If Tapatalk is good at anything, it is notifications.
Last edited by Helena on August 22nd, 2018, 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Deleted User
Deleted User

August 22nd, 2018, 12:51 am #7

Your request has been accomplished. See you on the other side. :) //Helena
Last edited by Deleted User on August 22nd, 2018, 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Deleted User
Deleted User

August 22nd, 2018, 6:33 pm #8

Yeah may as well delete me from here too Helena. What a shame. end of an era. :cry:

SandyC
Amalgamatia

August 22nd, 2018, 8:52 pm #9

Helena wrote:If someone joins a tapatalk groups board, the admins will see a notification when viewing the board.

The little bell icoon at the top will have a red dot. Its actually a better notification system than ZB has.

If Tapatalk is good at anything, it is notifications.
That's handy, I've just got to figure out how to find where the new members are that've signed up so I can validate them, I had new members on admin approval, so it's kinda important..

They converted my site mid morning yesterday, no warnings, nothing.. I was adding a new thread and clicked on the "Post" button, only to get a message saying "Your site is being migrated, please hold"..

The reason I'm so peeved is that we didn't get a choice, we were all told our sites will get migrated, like many others, I'd have sooner staye on zeta software, they have more than enough server space to host both.. As things stand I've lost hundreds of hours of work installing themes and codes, now my works gone along with all the theme and code makers work..

Helena
Symbiotica

August 22nd, 2018, 9:59 pm #10

Thats an easy one. Its at the bottom of the General tab in your ACP, which is the open page when you log into the ACP. Its also at the top of the Users & Groups page.

Sorry about your site. I know the sinking feeling. I have had several change over already.
Last edited by Helena on August 22nd, 2018, 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.