You do not need to be a Planet Nexus member to use the Nexus System. However you will have to register an account on Planet Nexus to get support, and to be able to comment or or vote on NexusTree pages.
Once you have successfully completed your Nexus system registration, you will be given a unique code and installation instructions configured for your forum system. Install the code on your board as directed. The bar will appear at the bottom of your forum pages, and once your registration is validated, your NexusTree page will auto-magically appear on NexusTree!
(To validate, you must go to the Settings page in your NexusCP, choose a genre and add a board description. On submission, you will see the nexusbar appear on your board.)
Configure your NexusBar settings in your Nexus CP.
See below for a brief overview of what you can control in your NexusCP.
- Add a board description (required)
- Select board genre (required)
- Install a board image
- Choose background and border colors for your NexusBar if needed
- MOT (Members Online Today) and install custom forum marker if desired
- NexChat for your board
- NexChat Global room
- Title and compose a blurb (500 characters allowed)
- Select a blurb to delete
- Enable Like system and install custom forum marker if desired
- Set custom button text and images
- Name your points system and leaderboard
- Toggle the display the leaderboard on the index
- Add up to 3 links to feeds, galleries, blogs, news, or topics of interest
- Supply the URLs and title them
- Appoint moderators and admins for NexChat
- Designate who will appear on your NexusTree page as staff
- Note that all NexChat Admins will be able to view the Nexus CP link but only those who have been given the password will be able to access the control panel.
Live Sigs: Use our automatice dynamic signature images to further promote your board. You can even add your own custom message and change it whenever you like.
Staff Logs: Shows list of chat moderator actions and banned/muted users
Nexus Users: Searchable list of your members who have registered for Nexus system.
Checklist: Help links and user instruction information
Logout: Ends your Nexus CP session.
Please see the NexusTree set-up documentation for detailed information on how to set up your page on the Tree.
For additional help, visit the NexusFAQ, or post a topic in