Argentinean Corsairs (Grey ones)

August 9th, 2008, 4:18 pm #1

Dear fellow modelers,

I am slowly planning one of my next models: F4U-5 Corsair in the markings of Argentina.

I would like to do Light Gull Grey / White machine and I am wondering if you can suggest some online, (available) book or magazine references which I can buy or eventually proved me with some scans that could help me do the most precise work on the machines when it comes to camouflage and details regarding it (I am not extra interested in small details like eventual cockpit differences compared to US machines and so on since my main interest is camouflage).

I am sorry for writing in English but I do not speak Spanish. If needed my wife can translate the post once she is back from our homeland Serbia.

If you think you can help - I will be really thankful!
Best regards,
Milos Gazdic aka Misko

PS I was pointed to your forum by CMT Arturo Navarro over on Hyperscale. As he said this is good place to be when it comes to Latin American aviation! Once again for pointer Arturo!

August 9th, 2008, 4:28 pm #2

I have heard abotu the book called "Vought F4U-5, -5N & -5NL Corsair Serie Aeronaval No. 9" by Jorge Nunez Padin
Does anyone know where this book can be acquired and if there are any other books dealing with Central and South American Corsairs (and eventually P-51s).
Regards,
Misko

August 9th, 2008, 5:10 pm #3

Dear fellow modelers,

I am slowly planning one of my next models: F4U-5 Corsair in the markings of Argentina.

I would like to do Light Gull Grey / White machine and I am wondering if you can suggest some online, (available) book or magazine references which I can buy or eventually proved me with some scans that could help me do the most precise work on the machines when it comes to camouflage and details regarding it (I am not extra interested in small details like eventual cockpit differences compared to US machines and so on since my main interest is camouflage).

I am sorry for writing in English but I do not speak Spanish. If needed my wife can translate the post once she is back from our homeland Serbia.

Best regards,
Milos Gazdic aka Misko

PS I was pointed to your forum by CMT Arturo Navarro over on Hyperscale. As he said this is good place to be when it comes to Latin American aviation! Once again for pointer Arturo!
You´re in the right place.All that I can offer to you by now is this interesting link,with a brief story of the Corsair service in this part of the world (it´s in english).
http://www.choiquehobbies.com.ar/revist ... irarge.htm
I´ll translate your post asking for information,surely some else will be of more help than me.Best regards:

Martin

August 9th, 2008, 6:03 pm #4

Dear fellow modelers,

Best regards,
Milos Gazdic aka Misko

...,el amigo modelista Milos esta buscando informacion sobre los Corsarios argentinos pues su intencion es relizar una maqueta de uno de los "grises".Lo que le interesa es datos en lo que respecta a los colores,libros,sitios o algo que tengan escaneado del Corsario.No le interesan mucho lo detalles chicos o las puequeñas diferencias con los originales norteamericanos.Tambien quiere saber como puede adquirir el libro de Padin referente a este tema.
Seria muy bueno ayudarlo,pues siendo serbio,esta interesado en uno de los aviones que presto servicio en nuestra Armada.Desde ya,gracias a todos:

Martin

Milos Gazdic
Milos Gazdic

August 9th, 2008, 6:08 pm #5

You´re in the right place.All that I can offer to you by now is this interesting link,with a brief story of the Corsair service in this part of the world (it´s in english).
http://www.choiquehobbies.com.ar/revist ... irarge.htm
I´ll translate your post asking for information,surely some else will be of more help than me.Best regards:

Martin
Hello Martin,
Thanks a lot for the help, translation and for pointing the web article.
It does help with some details regarding the markings and camo scheme of F4U-5s which I want to model.
Best regards,
Misko

August 9th, 2008, 6:22 pm #6

...to help,if you need something else,please,just ask.I would like to know which kit and scale you´ll use to make the Corsair.This is the link to the Aerocalcas site,if you´re interested:
http://www.aerocalcas.com/
Best regards:

Martin

Milos Gazdic
Milos Gazdic

August 9th, 2008, 6:42 pm #7

I will be working with Hasegawa F4U-5.
I have just ordered the AeroCalcas Decals few days ago from Australia and I hope they will be here in few days.
I have heard of some Condor Decals just few minutes ago so I might be ordering them too!
Best regards,
Misko

Juan Millan
Juan Millan

August 9th, 2008, 6:59 pm #8

Dear fellow modelers,

Best regards,
Milos Gazdic aka Misko

You are right,there is a Book regarding this matter.

Here it is, front and back pages.

Following decals available on Aerocalcas (made in argentina ) top quality decals.

http://www.aerocalcas.com/index.htm

You may need the sets as follow:

48004 Corsair "diurnal" gray finish.
72008 Corsair "diurnal" gray finish.

Sets available in both scales, 48 and 72.

This is a sampler of my own set instructions in 1/72. take note that the colour information regarding the "flag blue colour is not right" you have to mix Humbrol Number 47 and 48 50% each.

Also it seems that the cockpit interior was not the typical US green, after overhaul usually the argentinian Navy planes paint the cockpit in a light gull gray.

I reccomended both, the book and the decal set. You can buy trough friends in Buenos Aires at good price, contact them on:

pabloziegler@yahoo.com.ar

or

javier.planells@gmail.com

Javier is very interested in yugoslav planes, you may help him also.

Both speak english.

The second matter of your thread: Latin american planes.

I reccomended the following forums.

http://www.alaschapinas.com/

http://www.ipmsuruguay.com/

http://www.ipmsbogotaar.net/

http://www.laahs.com/artman/publish/article_203.shtml

An important book with nice photos and profiles but not quite enough information regarding modellers problems and very, very expensive.

On sale in the international market, the link of the publishers as follow:

www.hikokiwarplanes.com

Do not hesitate to contact again for any querie you may need.

Greetings from Spain.

Juan

PS: Arturo has noticed me via phone regarding your questions, Arturo is a very good friend of mine.

Juan Millan
Juan Millan

August 9th, 2008, 7:11 pm #9

Dear fellow modelers,

Best regards,
Milos Gazdic aka Misko

You have to look the web site:

http://www.condordecals.com.ar/condordecals/home.php

An interesting subjets regarding latin american planes.

Top quality decals also but I prefer Aerocalcas for a better resuls on a small details.

Best regards.

Juan

Milos Gazdic
Milos Gazdic

August 9th, 2008, 7:48 pm #10

Hello
I have just checked Condor Decals' website about 30' min ago. I found some really cool decals for me and I will be ordering as soon as planned F4U decals will be available. I will than have both decal sets (AeroCalcas and Condor) and will be able to choose better ones and I guess the aircraft for which I will have more details and information.
Cheers,
Misko