Visiting WDW

April 17th, 2016, 10:56 pm #1

I'll be going to WDW this summer.  I'd like to bring pins from Disneyland to trade at WDW.  Are there Disneyland pins that are wanted at WDW?

April 18th, 2016, 7:54 am #2

Anything that releases in CA that doesn't release in FL even the latest hidden Mickeys. 

April 19th, 2016, 7:04 pm #3

Thanks

July 3rd, 2016, 9:09 pm #4

I know this thread is kind of old, and for all I know you may have already taken your vacation, but here are a few tips from a CM and and avid (okay, obsessive) collector.
First of all the Mickey's Toontown Pinwheels DO NOT TRADE out East. There are multiple copies of every pin in this set on nearly every pin board on property.Another set that takes up space on the pin boards is the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail Badges.
Looking through my checklists for pins designated as "Disneyland", what  I don't see...2015 wave "B" pins. Haven't seen any.2015 wave "A" pins. Neckties I've seen because they are shared, the rest, no.2014 pins - I managed to collect all of the Disney birds from 2014, but the rest are hard to find. The Alice in Wonderland Teapots make an occasional appearance, but I haven't been able to find the White Rabbit.2013 pins - see above for the ones we get. I have most of the popcorn labels, but the rest I have just one pin here and there.There are a few pins from earlier we get from time to time, but most sets there is that one pin... You all know what I am talking about!
Any Disney pin is tradeable. Its commendable you want to bring pins that are wanted, most people don't even give other traders a thought when they put the same junk pins on all of the boards. It happens with Castmembers' lanyards as well. We finally get some decent pins to upgrade our lanyard, somebody comes up, grabs a good pin or two, pulls out their little baggie and gives us "Flying Man" from the Toontown set. It will sit there for weeks because nobody wants it!
A lot of castmembers will take their junk pins to the resorts and trade them for better pins because Disney doesn't give us new pins often enough. (Sorry, but I know several Castmembers that do it.) That's for trading with guests, not for our own personal collection (unless of course it is a pin we need. ) Just another reason to always check with the Castmembers when you are pin trading. Oh, and BTW, kids on the college Program tend to get the better pins. Always look for the CPs!
Hope this caught you before your trip. If not, I hope it helps anybody else coming to WDW.

July 4th, 2016, 9:56 am #5

@tibbie...thank you for contributing to this thread. Any helpful hints you are willing
to give here are greatly appreciated.
I collect Aristocats, Robin Hood, Fox & the Hound,
Cats, Eeyore, Dopey and pins I like. :)

collection     wants     trades