Soaked - Cover

All about Pinback music

Soaked - Cover

25 Nov 2015, 17:22 #1

For some reason Soaked is one of Pinback's most forgotten songs which is a shame since it is an excellent track. Blessed are those who have heard it live with Pinback, it was not my case (Albuquerque, September 2013) ... Soaked was not included in the setlist.

I keep a great affection for this song, in 2010 I used to listen to it on repeat (and other Pinback songs) while I was going through a depression.

So few weeks ago I decided to make my own cover, since 2011 I started a One-Man Band called Instrumentalism and a channel on YouTube

I hope you like it:

https://youtu.be/Du6MnWOtmz8

:)

06 Jul 2016, 17:52 #2

Guys... I think I'm gonna die or something, a few minutes ago Rob Crow liked in Twitter my cover of Soaked!

Oh my God... I mean I'm pretty sure many of you have met him already or even talked to him or something like that, but... after 8 months since I recorded that cover, to know that he finally watched is... priceless.

I posted it in this forum in November, in case you have missed it you can watch it here:

Soaked (cover) - Instrumentalism

09 Jul 2016, 16:45 #3

Slader Radmall thanks a lot for your comments man.

08 Aug 2016, 15:48 #4

Thats way awesome. While neither member of Pinback has ever heard me play music before, I did once get an email from Zach : p I found his bandcamp page and decided that Id send him a message telling him how much I liked him, thinking hed never respond or even read it, but he did and he even sent me a message back : p I was way excited and shared it with my friends : p

I feel like I probly shouldnt share it publically, but uh this was it here-

"You are my all time favorite musician. I first heard you when I heard AFK on the tv. Ive always claimed bass guitar can be more than just a simple rhythm instrument in the background of music, and you have really inspired me and my playing. You are my biggest influence in music, and I adore your work with every group youve played with.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thanks for all the effort and work you have done."

(really nerdy and cringy message I sent there : p Felt the need to let him know that I appreciated him I guess : p)

And he sent me this in return-

"No no Jess

Thank you ! for caring and being inspired, keep up the music :-)

-zach"

Haha, I was pretty happy when I saw this in my email : p Of course I never heard from him again : p But I was glad that he saw my message and took the time to respond : p

30 Jan 2017, 20:32 #5

Moogi_Beans @ Aug 8 2016, 04:48 PM wrote:Thats way awesome. While neither member of Pinback has ever heard me play music before, I did once get an email from Zach : p I found his bandcamp page and decided that Id send him a message telling him how much I liked him, thinking hed never respond or even read it, but he did and he even sent me a message back : p I was way excited and shared it with my friends : p
That's just amazing! A-ma-zing!!
I just saw they're on tour again, unfortunately my nearest option is Dallas TX and that's a 12 hours trip so... We'll see what happens.

BTW!! I just posted here in the forum a song that I wrote and somehow... it sounds a little like Pinback! (specially near the end of the song).

It seems that after all these years listening to Pinback now I can see their influence in the music I'm making.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think:

The Way You Are - Lyryca

Peace.