Electronic Cigarettes

Anything off topic

Electronic Cigarettes

09 Jan 2014, 06:16 #1

So I have started a new hobby and kicked an old habit. I switched to "vaping" or electronic cigarettes. I was wondering if anyone has tried them before or if anyone else is using one? I quit for health and to save money but I have gotten REALLY into this and I am spending almost every dime I saved from quitting cigarettes. There are a few different style of "e-cigs" You have the cigarette looking ones, then there are the small "ego" batteries which I suggest starting on then the "Mods" which look like pocket flashlights or umm.... women toys ;-) Some of these mods can cost $500 but I generally stick to the sub $200 range.

I would just like some feedback from smokers, non-smokers, and our resident brain surgeon.
<<<<......He said it was amazing!...>>>>>>

12 Feb 2014, 10:34 #2

Dunno Chris...

Did something work out for you already? Hope so!

Don't start to smoke is the best tip... Sorry to be a pain the ass. You probably figured out yourself already...

16 Feb 2014, 21:23 #3

I don't think there's any long term data on e-cigarettes, so I don't think anyone can conclusively say if they're better or worse than regular cigarettes. I'm guessing that if in 20 years you compared e-cigarette smokers to non-smokers, you would see higher rates of lung problems including lung cancer. But who knows?

I am always telling my patients who smoke to look carefully at how much pleasure they ACTUALLY get from smoking, vs how much they think they will get. And just think of the savings! You could fly to the Netherlands and have a vacation for a years worth of smoking. Good luck!

19 Apr 2017, 20:10 #4

I guess I can safely say vaping worked in getting me off cigarettes. Its been 3 years. I do however still vape. So far the only things they have found is that Diacetyl causes popcorn lung which was already known but some e-liquids have been found to have it in them. Long term study is still out of but considering vaping has been around almost 10 years now and still no major health issues in most studies then I would say its safer than smoking. Sure they best thing to do is just do neither but if it works in getting people to stop then I am all for it.
<<<<......He said it was amazing!...>>>>>>