Did it work for you?

Total votes: 4
1(25%)
0(0%)
0(0%)
1(25%)
2(50%)
0(0%)

Lately I have been trying these Binaural Beats aka I-doser, and at first i was very very VERY skeptical, but now that I have done about 10 of them I really have started to feel effects from them. What they claim they do is by listening to this sound file for 30 minuets it changes your brain waves to a different frequency temporarily so you relax or whatever the "dose" is supposed to do.

The first one I did i felt nothing so I just figured it was fake but one of my friends really wanted to try it so I put on the Morphine dose and left him. I came back once the dose was over and he was having problems walking and was really calm and soon after fell asleep and he claims it was some of the best sleep hes ever had. He is not one to fake stuff like this. So I did a little bit more research and found that it can take up to 15 tries before one can feel any effects but it depends on the person, and it doesnt affect some people. So I continued doing them and now the effects are getting better. I can say the best one for me was the anesthesia one.

The way it works is you download the I-Doser player at I-doser.com and then you are supposed to buy the "doses" but I just did the illegal way and used bit torrent. Then you set a nice environment by dimming the lights, turning off all distractions and putting on the headphones then laying down with your eyes closed and just concentrate on the sound waves. The way the sound waves hit your brain is kinda strange they play a sound wave in one ear at 400Hz and at 410Hz in the other ear (this is just an example they use many frequency's) then since the frequencies are not the same a new sound wave is produced in your brain between 1 and 40 Hz and that causes the effects.

I just want more people to try it that way I can see how many people it effects.

Im really leaving this one up to Grey to see if its real or not.
<<<<......He said it was amazing!...>>>>>>

08 Feb 2009, 20:07 #2

Ooh, I'm also interested to hear what Grey might have to say on the matter.

I have no problem at all believing that certain types of anything you might sense--hearing, smelling, touching, seeing--can alter your mood, even drastically. But I did kind of assume that any mood-altering sound was likely to be musical. And if I get your drift, this isn't music, it's just frequencies?

I think I gotta try this.

08 Feb 2009, 20:57 #3

Yeah it's not musical it sounds like what I would assume being in the mechanical closet of an alien spaceship sounds like. With white noise. Its pretty neat. I can send you all the files if you want.

08 Feb 2009, 21:45 #4

now this. I have to try.
feel like it could just go on forever...

08 Feb 2009, 22:17 #5

just remember it can take a few different tries before you get any results.

08 Feb 2009, 22:27 #6

unnnnnfortunately I have a mac and not windows so I can't DL i-dose.

I know I know, you can run windows on mac, but all the ways I've heard that are actually any good cost &#036;. and I have no &#036;.

08 Feb 2009, 23:08 #7

well I can send you some MP3's if you'd like. just PM me your e-mail

08 Feb 2009, 23:45 #8

consider yourself PMed, x9.

and does it really matter what headphones you use?

08 Feb 2009, 23:55 #9

Yes. The headphones should be over the ear stereo headphones but you can really use any headphone but the better the headphones the better the results. For some reason I cant send these MP3s but I will find a way.

09 Feb 2009, 00:28 #10

ooo good for me, my bf has the ear-covering type headphones.

I'm going to try it when he goes to bed (I'm always up later).

09 Feb 2009, 01:59 #11

I gots studio headphones. Are the mp3s basically the same as whatever plays on the player? Why do they even provide a player?

I'm super curious about this, my senior thesis is on sound/music/emotion/ambience.

09 Feb 2009, 02:03 #12

when you put a file in mp3 format it gets highly compressed and the format the player plays is basically a midi code so you really need to play it from their player which is free but mp3 will work but for better results they say use their player. But they sell mp3 formats for ipod and iphone but they use a special codec which makes the transfer really pure. just torrent it on torrentz.com type in (i doser quick) in the search and get the one with the quick hits but download the player from the i-doser website

09 Feb 2009, 02:52 #13

I use Linux, I can't get the player. mp3 will have to do.

09 Feb 2009, 02:57 #14

dang linux. i-doser need to make a multi-compatible OS player its not hard to program something like that.

09 Feb 2009, 13:44 #15

heres a website that is streaming all the "doses" http://nemreis.free.fr/idoser/

09 Feb 2009, 19:52 #16

I wonder if volume matters?

and if doing multiple ones consecutively (without using the normalizing one in-between) makes any difference?

09 Feb 2009, 21:22 #17

From what I've read volume does not matter, just don't have it up to loud to where it hurts your ears, I also read that playing one after another isn't bad I just think that gets boring after a while. I was doing one every 30mins to 1 hour the other night. the normalizing one just seem like a waste of time. I think its there just in case.

09 Feb 2009, 23:54 #18

I tried a couple today, (neither of which were supposed to make you tired), and I felt myself start to fall asleep. especially during the second one. then immediately afterwards did fall asleep. it knocked me out for a good hour and a half.

11 Feb 2009, 04:02 #19

This sounds very interesting to me. I am genuinely very skeptical about this type of thing but there is at least a sound theoretical basis for this doing something to your brain. I'm curious to try it. I would point out that relaxing and listening to any monotonous sound might very well produce the same results. This is where you need a scientific study to help.

11 Feb 2009, 04:17 #20

Ah science, how I love thee. Most of the published data that I found did not show binaural beats having a significant impact on anxiety or blood pressure. All the studies are limited by having a small number of participants or short listening times. I don't think one can conclude much except that binaural beats probably don't have a very powerful effect on one's mental state.

Here is an abstract of one of the studies below...

Healthcare performance and the effects of the binaural beats on human blood pressure and heart rate.

Carter C.
Hofstra University. montisumo@yahoo.com
Binaural beats are the differences in two different frequencies (in the range of 30-1000 Hz). Binaural beats are played through headphones and are perceived by the superior olivary nucleus of each hemisphere of the brain. The brain perceives the binaural beat and resonates to its frequency (frequency following response). Once the brain is in tune with the binaural beat it produces brainwaves of that frequency altering the listener's state of mind. In this experiment, the effects of the beta and theta binaural beat on human blood pressure and pulse were studied. Using headphones, three sounds were played for 7 minutes each to 12 participants: the control,- the sound of a babbling brook (the background sound to the two binaural beats), the beta binaural beat (20 Hz), and the theta binaural beat (7 Hz). Blood pressure and pulse were recorded before and after each sound was played. Each participant was given 2 minutes in-between each sound. The results showed that the control and the two binaural beats did not affect the 12 participant's blood pressure or pulse (p > 0.05). One reason for this may be that the sounds were not played long enough for the brain to either perceive and/or resonate to the frequency. Another reason why the sounds did not affect blood pressure and pulse may be due to the participant's age since older brains may not perceive the binaural beats as well as younger brains.

Translation: 20/7 Hz binaural tone for 10 minutes had no impact on blood pressure in these 12 subjects. I still want to try it though.