Zetaboards moving to Tapatalk

May 18th, 2018, 4:58 pm #1

So apparently, ZetaBoards is planning to move over to the Tapatalk platform. I'm not sure when these changes are going to be rolled out but all I know is I can't do anything to stop this. I know of another forum who moved to the Tapatalk platform (Invision moved over to Tapatalk earlier) and all I know is the topic and the posts will remain and shouldn't be removed. However, the overall look of the forum will change (in my opinion, for the worst, it's all white and bland but that's besides the point).

I'm currently monitoring the situation with ZetaBoards and Tapatalk and if anything comes up regarding it, I'll post about it here. (Although in the case I missed something, feel free to post it)
wrote:robgba: YOU'RE 'TARE'ING ME APART PANDA

May 18th, 2018, 10:49 pm #2

In Korea, Tapatalk is not known well. I hope there should be any alternative choices for Asians :(
VAST FAME ROCKS - Shi Kong Xing Shou, Shui Hu Shen Shou, Xin Feng Shen Bang.

My works :
* SKXS(Shi Kong Xing Shou) unofficial walkthrough : Fixing translations and some dex data, images
* SHSS(Shui Hu Shen Shou) : (ON HOLD)Item/Skill list/Dex on work
* XFSB(Xin Feng Shen Bang) : (ON HOLD)On work

My Facebook

May 19th, 2018, 2:26 am #3

Trust me, not a lot of people seem to be a fan of Tapatalk...

As of now, it's still up in the air about what to do with this forum, I don't really have a solution just yet. I'm still not sure when the update will happen, Brandon from Zetaboards has been quiet after posting that announcement.

May 19th, 2018, 2:40 am #4

KingPepe // Got it, I have to wait, then.

My works :
* SKXS(Shi Kong Xing Shou) unofficial walkthrough : Fixing translations and some dex data, images

My Facebook

May 19th, 2018, 2:41 pm #5

i never heard of this "Tapatalk" until now

May 19th, 2018, 2:42 pm #6

Mr. Vr // Same here, I heard about Tapatalk first time today(GMT+9) and I searched for it to reply this thread.

My works :

My Facebook

May 20th, 2018, 7:54 am #7

KingPepe wrote:Brandon from Zetaboards has been quiet after posting that announcement.
And the silence is most likely to continue, but the uproar had already happened.

Before KingPepe made this announcement, I told him about it first and like him, I'm unsure of what to do with my forum although my initial decision was to just let it go, until many of my members protested. Also to note, Brandon forgot to include the customisable Javascript and CSS that ZetaBoards had and with the most popular codes within the ZB community be included. This only added more fuel to the fire.

Now, even though you may decide to forfeit and lose all eight years of history of this place, remember you still have BGW on your side, and the dedicated Discord server too.

Let's keep strong though.

May 20th, 2018, 3:56 pm #8

If I eventually decide to move from this forum, my biggest concern is how to exactly preserve this old one. Tapatalk has an inactivity policy where if there has been no posts in 90 days, the forum can get purged which is a massive problem. I've also heard Tapatalk staff has also deleted posts that they don't agree with or believe violate their Code of Conduct which is another issue. And the cherry on the cake... I can't download a backup database of this forum at the moment despite it being requested for years.

May 20th, 2018, 4:48 pm #9

wait, does this mean that this forum is going to be closed FOREVER? :huh:

i can only hope, that this Forum will still stay :(

May 20th, 2018, 4:53 pm #10

Definitely not, I have no plans on closing this forum. My options are either to stick to this new platform (which has a bunch of its own issues) or I move the forum to another platform.