Found a Physical carts for Super Sonic 5 97 and more

May 11th, 2018, 2:49 am #1

I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I came across what appear to be old bootleg Sega Genesis cartridges. The most interesting to me is one labeled NT-875 Super Sonic 5 '97. I can't seem to find them on Ebay or anywhere on the internet really. Does anyone know what they're worth?

MLX

May 11th, 2018, 7:15 am #2

Are you sure it's a Genesis cartridge? The cover you're describing should be found only on Famicom. Maybe one found it's way on a Mega Drive cartridge, or it was printed as so by an individual.

May 11th, 2018, 2:22 pm #3

MLX wrote:Are you sure it's a Genesis cartridge? The cover you're describing should be found only on Famicom. Maybe one found it's way on a Mega Drive cartridge, or it was printed as so by an individual.
I'm actually not sure. They look to be about the same size a Genesis cart so I assumed they all were. If I did this right here's a pic.

If the insert didn't work try clicking this link. - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqV7A5spqBDescJoaHboNX05WBiCAQ Takes a second to load but direct clicking it is working for me.

MLX

May 11th, 2018, 5:07 pm #4

That's a Famicom cartridge!
It will contain either Sonic or Sonic 3D Blast 5. Both are Somari hacks but feature different title screen.

May 11th, 2018, 6:20 pm #5

MLX wrote:That's a Famicom cartridge!
It will contain either Sonic or Sonic 3D Blast 5. Both are Somari hacks but feature different title screen.
Oh cool! I have a few others too, Snow Brothers, Robocop 2, Super Fighter IV(Looks like Street Fighter) a soccer game and Lion King. Looks like they are all bootlegs and that were produced in Argentina. Is there a market for these? I used to be a big video game collector(sold everything a few years ago though) and have never seen or heard of these. Any idea what they're worth? Are they rare? I'll probably end up posting them on Ebay.