3)SP 1st Job
4)SP 2nd Job
5)SP 3rd Job
6)SP 4th Job
7)Equips
8)Training
9)Tips & Tricks

Introduction:
Welcome to my aran guide of everything and anything. I'm a high level aran, a proud owner of the Combo King medal, only obtainable at the release of arans. I'll do my best to update this guide regularly, post date of last update and make it as simple and clean as I can. Enjoy and feel free to suggest anything or express your own opinions if you disagree on something. Same thing with matter you are unsure of, ask me anything.

AP Points:
In my opinion, in the days when PSBs are everywhere, there's no point in going any dex anymore.
Go full dexless. No exception if you're low/normal/godly funded. If you wanna be godly and wear 160/170 dex req equips, if you can afford these, I'm sure you can also afford getting equips to get that req dex.

SP 1st Job:
MAX Double Swing
MAX Combat Step
MAX Combo Ability
MAX Combo Smash
Rest Booster

Order doesn't really matter, just really helps to have double swing on the early levels. It's very important to max all the skills except booster, you'll need it for later.

SP 2nd Job:
MAX Triple Swing (if you have accuracy problems, go for mastery first)
MAX Polearm Mastery (it's important to max for 4th job, don't leave it at 19)
MAX Snow Charge (+35% passive damage boost? Anyday)
MAX everything else except Final Charge, just add some points so you can rush like 8 mobs, cuz that's how much you can hit at once

SP 3rd Job:
MAX Full Swing
MAX Combo Critical
MAX everything else, order doesn't really matter. Just don't bother with Smart Knockback, feel free to max Booster or Final Charge with the points you're left with ;)

SP 4th Job:
1 Sudden Strike
MAX Overswing
MAX High Mastery
MAX Freeze Standing
MAX Final Blow (or swap with MW if your party needs it often, but someone in your party of 6 has to have MW20 at least XD)
MAX Maple Warrior
by here you should be able to decide your build for yourself, like if you train solo get High Defense, if you train in party get Combo Barrier, just don't max Combo Tempest, so useless

Equips:
Weapon:
Purple Surfboard for low funded or normal funded, it's fast (5) speed, decent attack and pretty cheap in FM (70m-100m clean)
Agares Bloody Pole Arm if you're crazy funded and can afford DEX equips for 160 base
Lionheart Partisian if you're top-tier funded, personally I haven't seen anyone funded like that to afford this thing
Helmet:
Zakum/Scarlion helmet for low funded
Chaos Zakum for regular funded (it's not that hard to get if you're in a good guild)
lvl 130/140 gear for top-tier
Face Acc:
Spiegelmann's Mustache from Monster Park is easy to get, just it has 5 days expiration date. If you don't feel like having to get a new mustache every 5 days, go for some overpriced mask or a cheap face acc from jewel crafting.
Eye Acc:
Broken Glasses from ludibrium PQ or Kenta's Goggles from Kenta PQ are the cheapest
Earrings/Cape
Anything 71+ with %str
Top/Bottom/Shoes:
Either lvl 100 gear with %str for low/normal funded, or again, lvl 130/140 gear for godlies.
Rings:
Double evo ring, angelic blessing and critical ring is the strongest combo atm I believe
Belt:
Either the one from Escape PQ or crafted in jewel crafting, ofc with %str

Training:
my knowledge about this is so pre-BB, I'll just update it once I make my cannon shooter and know how low lvls do it these days xD

Tips & Tricks:
- don't understimate your combo count, it gives you lots of damage and crit chance
- never waste your combos, avoid getting stunned at all times
- however, if you know you're surely gonna get stunned/sed, use it for Combo Drain/Barrier
- Combo Drain is such a pot saver, best skill in the game

I'll prolly add more later
Last edited by KousetsuTaz on November 26th, 2011, 1:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ilIyasvieI - Bera - Peerless - Mercedes - 185
KousetsuTaz - Bera - Peerless - Aran - 187
Tazfelis - Bera - Peerless - Bishop - 164
[+] Spoiler

Permanently quit MS.

peerliss
Horntail

November 24th, 2011, 6:38 am #2

Cool, can't wait for version 1.0! :D
Retired from Maple in October 2007 as a 13x DK.
Currently semi-active on Quake Live and Borderlands for the PC.
Occasionally seen on peerliss.org, Atlantica Online, Lunia, and Guild Wars.
peerliss exclusive interview
peerliss speaks out on Maplestory

thanks Heather! ;D

peerliss's level 132 DrK damage
my other sigs. thanks guys! <3

iDewd
Jr. Necki
iDewd
Jr. Necki

December 18th, 2011, 4:57 pm #3

Good guide there Taz Cant wait for your next version x)
I think ima make an aran cuz of you :P
[ iDewd ] - Bera - Peerless - Lvl 162 BOWMASTER!
Lvl 30 [x] Lvl 80 [x] Lvl 120 [x] Lvl 150 [x] Lvl 180 [ ]
Lvl 50 [x] Lvl 90 [x] Lvl 130 [x] Lvl 160 [x] Lvl 190 [ ]
Lvl 70 [x] Lvl 100 [x] Lvl 140 [x] Lvl 170 [ ] Lvl 200 [ ]

iYourii
Master Chronos
iYourii
Master Chronos

January 9th, 2012, 10:35 am #4

I might make a BM/Mercedes guide when I have the time...
My server has the godliest internet in the whole guild!

DrunkAkuma
Block Golem
DrunkAkuma
Block Golem

January 11th, 2012, 9:05 am #5

nice guide, now i got tempted to make a pirate/corsair guide :D , but i wounder if its worth is cuz soon we have a pirare uppdate

To beat you is not enough, I must destroy you! Peers First Corsair lvl 200,i don't fear a man that has practiced 1000 punches at 1 time, i fear a man that has practiced 1 punch 1000 times

iDewd
Jr. Necki
iDewd
Jr. Necki

January 11th, 2012, 5:27 pm #6

Akuma I would want a corsair guide f3!!
[ iDewd ] - Bera - Peerless - Lvl 162 BOWMASTER!
Lvl 30 [x] Lvl 80 [x] Lvl 120 [x] Lvl 150 [x] Lvl 180 [ ]
Lvl 50 [x] Lvl 90 [x] Lvl 130 [x] Lvl 160 [x] Lvl 190 [ ]
Lvl 70 [x] Lvl 100 [x] Lvl 140 [x] Lvl 170 [ ] Lvl 200 [ ]

DrunkAkuma
Block Golem
DrunkAkuma
Block Golem

January 11th, 2012, 8:19 pm #7

seriusly you got a Gunslinger/Outlaw or Corsair? i skipped my whole 3rd job becouse of BF Leech but i know what skills are important and what to do in 4th job and so....but traning places maby are a bit off from 2nd to 3rd

To beat you is not enough, I must destroy you! Peers First Corsair lvl 200,i don't fear a man that has practiced 1000 punches at 1 time, i fear a man that has practiced 1 punch 1000 times

iYourii
Master Chronos
iYourii
Master Chronos

January 12th, 2012, 4:06 pm #8

DrunkAkuma wrote:seriusly you got a Gunslinger/Outlaw or Corsair? i skipped my whole 3rd job becouse of BF Leech but i know what skills are important and what to do in 4th job and so....but traning places maby are a bit off from 2nd to 3rd
PSST ALEX I LEECHED YOU ON iYouri! (my hero!) good times.. you provided 2x buffs and free leech for you :P
My server has the godliest internet in the whole guild!

DrunkAkuma
Block Golem
DrunkAkuma
Block Golem

January 12th, 2012, 9:00 pm #9

what O.o when on my F/P Mage ?