Torch Final Available

infox
Trooper
infox
Trooper

January 30th, 2009, 12:48 pm #11

Torch ran fine in the mean time. After unloading it and loading Ostpak complete and THREE, I had, for the first time, a very
realistic scenario filling my 30" HP screen. All went well but there was a tendency to freeze up towards the end of scenarios.

But what puzzled me was this: Unloading Ostpak and THREE and loading Torch again showed a strange effect. After going to action following the mission briefing,
the end of scenario screen appeared after a few flickers oif the screen and declared that I had won (having done nothing at all) but lost my tank #4. When I
proceeded with the next scenario the same happened again. I won and lost tank#4. Now some oft the lower part of the debriefing text showed lines from other
scenarios. This went on and on until I gave up.

I also installed PESE with the mods on a PC with Windows 7 beta. If anyone is interested I will report my findings later.

Brit44 Aldo
Lieutenant-Colonel
Brit44 Aldo
Lieutenant-Colonel

March 3rd, 2013, 7:27 am #12

Geezer sent me what he had for a final version of Operation Torch. I included MY's code mod 3.0 and made it self installing.
http://home.comcast.net/~ab707/torch//
MY code mod was the first to push the view range this far. There is no error checking for landscapes request for memory. If you are experiencing crashes at launch or when switching to magnified views, reduce your default view range in 3D config. Short view with code mod 3.0 is the same distance as far view in PE 1.2.

murkz
Order of PE with Oak
Order of PE with Oak
murkz
Order of PE with Oak
Order of PE with Oak

March 3rd, 2013, 9:23 am #13

Thank you Geezer and Aldo. I am downloading it now :)

Brit44 Aldo
Lieutenant-Colonel
Brit44 Aldo
Lieutenant-Colonel

March 3rd, 2013, 6:08 pm #14

There is an error in the self installer I uploaded last night. There is a patchdat.zio that is added to your mods directory. You can delete the file. I have corrected the installer. The correct size of the exe is 27.8 megs.  If you show only 3 scenarios available, download the mod again.
Last edited by Brit44 Aldo on March 3rd, 2013, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brit44 Aldo
Lieutenant-Colonel
Brit44 Aldo
Lieutenant-Colonel

December 20th, 2016, 1:35 am #15

The file is hosted again at http://brit44.com/torch/

Helleluia
Order of PE 1st Class
Order of PE 1st Class
Helleluia
Order of PE 1st Class
Order of PE 1st Class

December 21st, 2016, 4:46 am #16

Wow! Nostalgia rush! I created a fresh new install for this mod and boy does it contrast with what I'm now used to (PE-X). The color depth, the sounds, the physics, etc... It was still a blast going back to playing those scenarios as they were meant to be played. That is, with the right selection of vehicules and ammo types. The one thing that really brought back the memories for me, is that insignificant brief little jingle that plays at mission debrief. Don't ask me why. ?:-|

One thing I've noticed thought, is that I can barely finish any mission because I often end up getting a CTD with this error message after a while:

Application Error: gameProject.exe
The instruction at 009eade2 referenced memory at 00000024
The memory could not be read from

It seems like it always happens while I'm free looking, by holding RMB. Either that or maybe when a radio message is triggered. I couldn't say for sure.

I'm just reporting this matter of factly. It's not like I'm going to step back from PE-X. :-)
Keep on floatin'

MichaelY
Order of PE with Leaf
Order of PE with Leaf
MichaelY
Order of PE with Leaf
Order of PE with Leaf

May 27th, 2017, 3:02 pm #17

Ah yes the crash is probably my old 3.0 code mod - i extended the view range too far, you can set view range to mid and it should be OK.

My DX9 (4.0) code mod is stable, but its probably not worth adding it to "old" Torch now, I hope to get Torch fully redone this year.

https://mysimtech.wordpress.com/

Helleluia
Order of PE 1st Class
Order of PE 1st Class
Helleluia
Order of PE 1st Class
Order of PE 1st Class

June 1st, 2017, 2:39 am #18

Good to know there is a quick workaround. I'll definitively try this, even 'tho Torch-X might be baking. Thank you!
Keep on floatin'