Your Expertise Needed - Assolutamente

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Your Expertise Needed - Assolutamente

coloristi
Paneristi
coloristi
Paneristi

June 20th, 2012, 4:23 pm #1

Are the straps that came with the 417 and the 390 the same? The reason I ask is because in the picture below, the 390 strap is on the left, 417 on the right. Although both referred to as Assolutamente, the 390 strap seems to be more nubuck whereas the 417 is softer. Also the 417 strap isn't aging the same. Any thoughts?

kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

June 20th, 2012, 6:20 pm #2

they look funny on the wrist and remind me of breitling straps...I wish they would make the straps flat again.

micah372
Paneristi
micah372
Paneristi

June 20th, 2012, 6:32 pm #3

Are the straps that came with the 417 and the 390 the same? The reason I ask is because in the picture below, the 390 strap is on the left, 417 on the right. Although both referred to as Assolutamente, the 390 strap seems to be more nubuck whereas the 417 is softer. Also the 417 strap isn't aging the same. Any thoughts?

Even within a single strip of leather there can be a lot of variation in texture, softness, markings etc. So two straps made from leather even from the same hide will often be quite different. It's just how leather is, nothing to worry about, in fact it's what makes straps enjoyable in many ways... each one is unique!

If plexi is wrong, I don't want to be right.

gfriedell
Paneristi

June 20th, 2012, 6:34 pm #4

"But sometimes when you bring the thunder, you get lost in the storm." K.P.

padronanniversario
Paneristi

June 20th, 2012, 7:56 pm #5

For what it's worth, I just picked up an Assolutamente strap for my 292 at the boutique in NYC. Mine looks more like the strap on the right I think. I am really loving it. The OEM strap with the 292 never cut it for me. I had Greg Stevens do a nice black strap instead (which I still love) but there's just something about the Assolutamente's contrast with the black ceramic that just works. I agree with other posters that the hides are not identical and so color variation will happen.

jabba_dahutt
Paneristi

June 20th, 2012, 8:31 pm #6

does not look straight to me

Just my thoughts..

peezie
Paneristi
peezie
Paneristi

June 20th, 2012, 9:47 pm #7

Are we sure both straps are indeed authentic?

jcatral14
Paneristi

June 20th, 2012, 10:06 pm #8

My strap looks more like your 390 strap right now.

BTW has anyone else had a skin irritation with the Assolutamente? I got a skin rash from my strap in the beginning and it was really itchy. It has gone away now Someone mentioned that it's because of the oil in the leather. Comments?

-Jay in Northern NJ

coloristi
Paneristi
coloristi
Paneristi

June 21st, 2012, 1:22 am #9

Are we sure both straps are indeed authentic?
Both came straight from the NYC boutique to my front door.

RRM1020
Paneristi
RRM1020
Paneristi

June 21st, 2012, 2:12 am #10

For what it's worth, I just picked up an Assolutamente strap for my 292 at the boutique in NYC. Mine looks more like the strap on the right I think. I am really loving it. The OEM strap with the 292 never cut it for me. I had Greg Stevens do a nice black strap instead (which I still love) but there's just something about the Assolutamente's contrast with the black ceramic that just works. I agree with other posters that the hides are not identical and so color variation will happen.

HotelGuy
Paneristi
HotelGuy
Paneristi

June 21st, 2012, 4:35 pm #11

BTW has anyone else had a skin irritation with the Assolutamente? I got a skin rash from my strap in the beginning and it was really itchy. It has gone away now Someone mentioned that it's because of the oil in the leather. Comments?

-Jay in Northern NJ

Mine looks like the left one, its got a nice patina to it now, whereas it looked more like the right one when I first got it.

No skin irritation.

zameenzahari
Paneristi

June 22nd, 2012, 1:52 am #12

-Jay in Northern NJ

peezie
Paneristi
peezie
Paneristi

June 23rd, 2012, 9:47 pm #13

Both came straight from the NYC boutique to my front door.
Never can be too careful is all