X Meeting Club Panerai (Viareggio/Italy) part 3: La Spezia and the grand final

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

X Meeting Club Panerai (Viareggio/Italy) part 3: La Spezia and the grand final

VolkerWiegmann
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 6:10 pm #1

Hi all,

will continue with the 3rd and last part of my report.

After a short (and pretty loud) night we travelled to La Spezia by bus. Our target was the Museo Tecnico Navale.
Some of us have visited it in the years before but it is always worth to come back.

I had the chance to meet Maria (the daughter of Mario Arillo who was the first owner of my 6152/1 watch) again.
Together with Umberto Panzeri (left) and a friend of the Arillo family, who is also a museum guide at the Arsenale.

Giancarlo was translating the interesting explanations of Sig. Menichetti.

During the walk thru the museum we spotted some interesting Panerai dials...

...while Mr. 90210 was sent into the SLC transporter to tell the story of his lost passport again to himself - Sig. Menichetti kept him waterproof inside...

The garden of the museum holds also a memorial. "Ai Sommergibilisti caduti per la Patria"

The names of the lost submarines are written on the wall, which holds also the "Ambra", commanded by Mario Arillo.

Back inside, Sig. Menichetti explained the MTM torpedo speed boat (a 6152/1 on his wrist spotted, youbet!)

More Panerai stuff on display was found... It was a very interesting visit for us, thanks again to Giancarlo for translating and Sig. Menichetti for being our "Club Panerai Museum Guide" for that morning.

History lessons makes hungry, so after the "Arsenale" we went to Le Grazie into a nice sea food restaurant. Lars ready for another great lunch

Giancarlo, Graham, Ralf, Christian and Ron.

We returned to the hotel in the afternoon and the time went very quickly.
The grand dinner on saturday was the final. As the weather was not on our side for an "open air" dinner, we went inside the hotel, which is like a museum. It was originally built as the elegant sea side villa of turn of the century artist Galileo Chini.

Gotcha, Ron!

John was checking out some sharp stuff.

Mates is Great! Asi, Eng, Mr. 90210 himself and Donnie.

Lars had to get up early on sunday, so he had to leave not too late. "Goodbye, Eric".

John Sim, "official wine expert of the meeting"...

...and the day after. Breakfast on sunday morning before we had to leave.

My thanks goes out to Piero for realizing another great meeting, also to Claudio and his crew from the hotel for a great stay.

It was great to meet friends in Viareggio again. A presto!

Italy - home of Panerai...

Thanks for looking,
Volker

representin' the DNA of Panerai

JCC296
Paneristi
JCC296
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 6:15 pm #2

It's just awesome. I'd love to visit the museum someday

barams
Paneristi
barams
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 6:20 pm #3

Hi all,

After a short (and pretty loud) night we travelled to La Spezia by bus. Our target was the Museo Tecnico Navale.
Some of us have visited it in the years before but it is always worth to come back.

I had the chance to meet Maria (the daughter of Mario Arillo who was the first owner of my 6152/1 watch) again.
Together with Umberto Panzeri (left) and a friend of the Arillo family, who is also a museum guide at the Arsenale.

...while Mr. 90210 was sent into the SLC transporter to tell the story of his lost passport again to himself - Sig. Menichetti kept him waterproof inside...

The garden of the museum holds also a memorial. "Ai Sommergibilisti caduti per la Patria"

The names of the lost submarines are written on the wall, which holds also the "Ambra", commanded by Mario Arillo.

Back inside, Sig. Menichetti explained the MTM torpedo speed boat (a 6152/1 on his wrist spotted, youbet!)

More Panerai stuff on display was found... It was a very interesting visit for us, thanks again to Giancarlo for translating and Sig. Menichetti for being our "Club Panerai Museum Guide" for that morning.

History lessons makes hungry, so after the "Arsenale" we went to Le Grazie into a nice sea food restaurant. Lars ready for another great lunch

The grand dinner on saturday was the final. As the weather was not on our side for an "open air" dinner, we went inside the hotel, which is like a museum. It was originally built as the elegant sea side villa of turn of the century artist Galileo Chini.

Gotcha, Ron!

Lars had to get up early on sunday, so he had to leave not too late. "Goodbye, Eric".

My thanks goes out to Piero for realizing another great meeting, also to Claudio and his crew from the hotel for a great stay.

Thanks for looking,
Volker

nadh3n
Paneristi
nadh3n
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 6:22 pm #4

Hi all,

Gotcha, Ron!

Thanks for looking,
Volker

nt

Montreal, Canada

ChrisAg
Paneristi
ChrisAg
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 6:23 pm #5

Hi all,

Gotcha, Ron!

Thanks for looking,
Volker

Great to see so many familiar faces.

Looks like you had a great time.

Chris

Chris NYC

ChristianK.
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 6:26 pm #6

Hi all,

Gotcha, Ron!

Thanks for looking,
Volker

I look forward to next year!

all the best,see you!

salute Heiwidiwu

Marc_Cap
Paneristi
Marc_Cap
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 6:27 pm #7

Hi all,

Gotcha, Ron!

Thanks for looking,
Volker

Upstate New York

MN228
Paneristi
MN228
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 6:29 pm #8

Hi all,

Gotcha, Ron!

Thanks for looking,
Volker

Great set of reports Volker - was great to meet up with everybody

I think this will now be known as "The Volker Shot"

Ron

"The Lonan Ranger"

Isle of Man - Road Racing Capital of the World

[/IMG]

hongT
Paneristi
hongT
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 6:31 pm #9

Hi all,

Gotcha, Ron!

Thanks for looking,
Volker

Where can get that Mare Nostrum Logo (back) T-shirt...So cooool!! Thanks for sharing!!

Cheers,
HongT

steveroadking
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 6:35 pm #10

Hi all,

Gotcha, Ron!

Thanks for looking,
Volker

Thanks

"Life's an adventure, you might as well wear a Panerai"
Steve in NJ

270,243,249,26,305 io sono vivo...so i ride
Death Valley National Park, California

RalfG.
Paneristi
RalfG.
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 6:40 pm #11

Hi all,

Gotcha, Ron!

Thanks for looking,
Volker

....unfortunately we have to wait another year before this BIG fun will take place again

regards

Ralf aka Campsbay

WKU2004
Paneristi
WKU2004
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 6:58 pm #12

Hi all,

Gotcha, Ron!

Thanks for looking,
Volker

Great photos.

adam .313.

RalfG.
Paneristi
RalfG.
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 6:58 pm #13

Ron

"The Lonan Ranger"

[/IMG]
......already arrived home my friend. Tomorrow we'll start the "Ron-Strap-Burgundy-Project"

regards

Ralf aka Campsbay

ERSanchez
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 7:04 pm #14

Hi all,

Gotcha, Ron!

Thanks for looking,
Volker

I think my head would have blown up with all the history that was being shared. Incredible items, at the museum and on the wrists of Ristis!

It's one thing to take a tour like that, quite another with so many M8tes!

Thanks for taking us with you, Volker!

Cheers!

Eddie "Sharkman" Sanchez

"It's all about the patina, Baby!"

P U R A V I D A !

The pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by wanting more ~ fortune cookie

patrick-belgium
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 7:18 pm #15

Hi all,

Gotcha, Ron!

Thanks for looking,
Volker

it's always great to see this meeting in Viareggio, I realy hope one day I'll be able to make it there, ...I'll better start saving for my first 'vintage' then huh

P@trick

pp5120
Paneristi
pp5120
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 7:20 pm #16

Hi all,

Gotcha, Ron!

Thanks for looking,
Volker

that museum looks awesome...its on the list if and when I am in italy..

HelpSlipFrank
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 7:21 pm #17

Hi all,

Gotcha, Ron!

Thanks for looking,
Volker

"Don't believe everything you think." WTG

JZ365
Paneristi
JZ365
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 7:21 pm #18

Hi all,

Gotcha, Ron!

Thanks for looking,
Volker

Awesome wrap up Volker, many thx :-) [nt]

rolpaner
Paneristi
rolpaner
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 7:29 pm #19

Hi all,

Gotcha, Ron!

Thanks for looking,
Volker

and a great time was had by all.
Thanks also to Piero, Claudio.

Best
Graham

rolpaner
Paneristi
rolpaner
Paneristi

May 18th, 2010, 7:47 pm #20

Ron

"The Lonan Ranger"

[/IMG]
after your extended stay at the airport.
Good times.

Best Graham
ps, the strap is on.