Would you trade...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Would you trade...

wesleyvs
Paneristi
wesleyvs
Paneristi

May 13th, 2012, 10:01 pm #1

Hello all was just wondering if you had the opportunity to trade in your 339 for a brand new Rolex White gold Submariner (116619) Would you do it and why ?
Would love to read you guys toughts about this...

Cheers

Gregesq
Paneristi
Gregesq
Paneristi

May 13th, 2012, 10:28 pm #2

The PAM 339 is a unique, limited edition, which is not likely to be made again. It is made of a composite material that Panerai is not using on many if any more watches. It bears the Marina Militare and Brev. designation, which is again rare and highly prized. It also is just plain awesome brownie goodness.

I realize that the WG 116619 is way more expensive new than the Brownie, but then I would wonder why the Rolex owner would want to trade. Although a Rolex submariner obviously is a fine watch, and white gold is a fine metal, you can get a submariner just about anytime at any authorized Rolex dealer, no? You'll probably be able to buy that Rolex used down the road, too.

You'll never get a 339 again and you will find it harder still to buy one in the years to come. So, if you like the 339, I would keep it. I bet if you want to sell the 339 some day, you won't have much trouble.

My 0.02.

11years
Paneristi
11years
Paneristi

May 13th, 2012, 10:38 pm #3

Hello all was just wondering if you had the opportunity to trade in your 339 for a brand new Rolex White gold Submariner (116619) Would you do it and why ?

Cheers
This is an easy one for me because I dont see the appeal of the 339...and I think the wg sub is one of the most beautiful Rolexes available. Think about it...a composite watch for one of the most beautiful blue dial/ bezels in the world, and as a bonus in solid wg! I would buy a 339 just to do this trade if I were offered.
I cant believe someone is really willing to trade their wg sub to you for a 339..

000 "I"
002 "C"

kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

May 13th, 2012, 10:53 pm #4

Cheers

mlpugh
Paneristi
mlpugh
Paneristi

May 13th, 2012, 11:30 pm #5

Cheers
If no case issues... Then I wouldn't...

kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

May 13th, 2012, 11:46 pm #6

the issues were isolated and most likely attributed to higher acidic perspiration. If the owner hasn't experienced any of these issues(which I'm assuming he hasn't because he didn't mention it) then why trade it for issues he doesn't have and that only a tiny percentage of owners have experienced? I mean there are 1500, 339s and ive only heard of at the most 3 with this issue, so it seems pretty rare. White gold will naturally 'discolor' naturally no matter what....

Just a thought, I feel like this 339 issue is being hyped up to be worse than it is, because I know guys who've worn theirs daily and it still looks new

rosenbergendo
Paneristi

May 14th, 2012, 12:01 am #7

Yeah its all made up!

azcodman
Paneristi
azcodman
Paneristi

May 14th, 2012, 12:01 am #8

Cheers
If we are talking a straight trade, I agree with the other reply and would buy a 339 to make the deal. Now if you are adding a significant amount of cash, my feelings might change.

Of course I love the 18K WG Sub and was never enamored with the 339; I've actually been hoping to find one of these at a good price for quite a while but no luck.

Do what feels right and I'm sure you will be happy...

Keith

mlpugh
Paneristi
mlpugh
Paneristi

May 14th, 2012, 12:11 am #9

the issues were isolated and most likely attributed to higher acidic perspiration. If the owner hasn't experienced any of these issues(which I'm assuming he hasn't because he didn't mention it) then why trade it for issues he doesn't have and that only a tiny percentage of owners have experienced? I mean there are 1500, 339s and ive only heard of at the most 3 with this issue, so it seems pretty rare. White gold will naturally 'discolor' naturally no matter what....

Just a thought, I feel like this 339 issue is being hyped up to be worse than it is, because I know guys who've worn theirs daily and it still looks new

I loved my 339 and let her go cause of discoloring on the back part of my case. So now you know of 4 cases... I would not be so bitter about it but Panerai did nothing to help me accept to send me one email with a couple of questions then I heard nothing back.... I still love the brand and enjoy the great models that panerai offers. I'm happy for all the owners that have no issues with the 339.. Wish I was one of the lucky ones..

PSY76
Paneristi
PSY76
Paneristi

May 14th, 2012, 12:20 am #10

Cheers
</a><a href="http://photobucket.com" rel="nofollow">

rendylatief
Paneristi

May 14th, 2012, 12:25 am #11

Cheers
If that's the case, I won't trade the 339 for it just because of the looks.
I hate the look of the blue dial and bezel, it doesn't look right.
For the value, of course I'll trade, and then I'll sell it cheaper then buy another 339. lol.
But if someone offer a trade with a double red mkII / a 6263 daytona,
Its a whole different other story altogether. lol.

orologisti
Paneristi

May 14th, 2012, 12:30 am #12

Cheers
Would be a delight to have both, obviously, but you'd have to be mad not to take the Rolex sub.

JM

When I read about the evils of drinking...
...I gave up reading.

mrpanerai
Paneristi

May 14th, 2012, 12:51 am #13

Cheers
Normally I would go with rarity, but in this case its Rolex all the way.

Gregesq
Paneristi
Gregesq
Paneristi

May 14th, 2012, 1:20 am #14

If no case issues... Then I wouldn't...

hiroshikato1
Paneristi

May 14th, 2012, 1:36 am #15

Cheers
Personally, I have had many opportunities to get a 339 at list and still haven't done it. Too light on my wrist and the issues with the case/casebacks. I have loved Panerai for over ten years but the WG Sub is one of the best looking watches out there. The WG makes it fly under the radar and it is a tool watch that can look really dressed up in a heartbeat. Financially, find me another person willing to make this trade and I will buy a 339 to make it happen! Get what you will wear unless you are buying it to hold it.

wesleyvs
Paneristi
wesleyvs
Paneristi

May 14th, 2012, 1:53 am #16

Cheers
..never tought there were so many on a Panerai forum who would trade it hehe.
I have no issues with the caseback or anything i aslo believe as someone mentioned that its a bit overhyped cause there are just certain people who have these kinds of problems with a steel watch too.
Im still not sure cause i really love the dial and the special look of the 339 but as for wearing its a bit big for my small wrist and more of a luminor guy but to scared to regret it later i think when its not so easy to buy an 339 for a low price...

cheers

11years
Paneristi
11years
Paneristi

May 14th, 2012, 2:36 am #17

The watches are in two different leagues. Have you tried on the sub? That thing is like a 5 pound block of beauty...even if you like the 339 better, the financial aspect is a glaring difference.

000 "I"
002 "C"

kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

May 14th, 2012, 2:48 am #18

Yeah its all made up!
I've been told that the 375 and 386 have been postponed due to the material being hard to work with and build the cases up to the standards Panerai wants, not because of this rare discoloration issue.

kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

May 14th, 2012, 2:55 am #19

The watches are in two different leagues. Have you tried on the sub? That thing is like a 5 pound block of beauty...even if you like the 339 better, the financial aspect is a glaring difference.

000 "I"
002 "C"
There is about $5k in gold in that watch but other than that it'll always be hard to move and will be at 50% off of retail, maybe more. I doubt you'll never see a 339 50% off retail.

I do see what you mean though the 339 doesn't feel like an expensive watch on your wrist because of the light, but many is the dial gorgeous, much better looking than that sub, but the sub is a tank and feels like all of its price tag when on.

kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

May 14th, 2012, 3:08 am #20

I loved my 339 and let her go cause of discoloring on the back part of my case. So now you know of 4 cases... I would not be so bitter about it but Panerai did nothing to help me accept to send me one email with a couple of questions then I heard nothing back.... I still love the brand and enjoy the great models that panerai offers. I'm happy for all the owners that have no issues with the 339.. Wish I was one of the lucky ones..
I personally think that the discoloration issue has to due with individuals perspiration, its possible that your sweat has a higher level of acidity or something that discolored the back of the case. Still not your fault and should've been considered, the 386 and 375 have exhibition backs, I wonder of this could be solved by adding a titanium back like they did on the bronzo...