would you trade a 372 for a 233

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

would you trade a 372 for a 233

john11f
Paneristi
john11f
Paneristi

July 24th, 2012, 3:46 am #1

plus $1k cash? not to take into consideration the aesthetics and desireablity of both watches but more on the economics. From what I gather, it seem like an even trade is fair?

thanks in advance!

mlpugh
Paneristi
mlpugh
Paneristi

July 24th, 2012, 4:03 am #2

Yes I would if the 233 was mint.

PorscheAndPanerai
Paneristi

July 24th, 2012, 5:42 am #3

plus $1k cash? not to take into consideration the aesthetics and desireablity of both watches but more on the economics. From what I gather, it seem like an even trade is fair?

thanks in advance!

Martin
PAM 162, 360, 372, 380, 390x2

saudipaneristi
Paneristi

July 24th, 2012, 6:06 am #4

thanks in advance!
372 is awesome & looks vintage piece while the 233 has a busy dial.

Khalid - Saudi Arabia
saudipaneristi@yahoo.com
saudipaneristi@yahoo.com

evertech
Paneristi
evertech
Paneristi

July 24th, 2012, 6:18 am #5

thanks in advance!
The ONE..

Angelus8day
Paneristi

July 24th, 2012, 7:43 am #6

thanks in advance!
from the CM, it looks like 372s are going for 9500, which puts the 233 value at 8500. Currently there are more 372s on the market. I am sure you know they are totally different watches, so if you like the 233 go for it. Dot or pm/am?

Darron (233k owner)

BavarianDave
Paneristi

July 24th, 2012, 9:11 am #7

thanks in advance!
Yes, I would do it /nt

rpaddy
Paneristi
rpaddy
Paneristi

July 24th, 2012, 10:15 am #8

thanks in advance!
The 372 is the true essence of Panerai !!!
IMHO

HDHNTER
Paneristi
HDHNTER
Paneristi

July 24th, 2012, 11:12 am #9

thanks in advance!
Yes, but for me personally... while I like the 233 dot dial there is no way I would consider flipping my 372 for one.

Sleziuk
Paneristi
Sleziuk
Paneristi

July 24th, 2012, 12:07 pm #10

thanks in advance!
Yes Definitely

keeperoftime
Paneristi

July 24th, 2012, 12:28 pm #11

thanks in advance!
No.

murphtyper
Paneristi

July 24th, 2012, 2:59 pm #12

thanks in advance!
I would as I love the 233 and the 47mm looks too big on my tiny wrist(But is beautiful in everyone's pictures).

mike2zero
Paneristi

July 24th, 2012, 3:14 pm #13

thanks in advance!
372 just doesn't do anything for me...I love pics, and how it looks but its not for me...

mike2zero
Portland, Oregon

JYogi
Paneristi
JYogi
Paneristi

July 24th, 2012, 3:25 pm #14

I think the 233 is really a beautiful amazing watch.
Set for any occasion with the GMT!

Watches: PAM243J, Rolex: 1675 small 24 hr hand, SS DJ, 5513 matte dial, Breitling Gen II Navitimer, Audemars skeleton, Ball Night Train.

kftman
Paneristi
kftman
Paneristi

July 24th, 2012, 3:28 pm #15

372 is awesome & looks vintage piece while the 233 has a busy dial.

Khalid - Saudi Arabia
saudipaneristi@yahoo.com
____
MK
______
Mark K

ddd910
Paneristi
ddd910
Paneristi

July 24th, 2012, 3:41 pm #16

thanks in advance!
233 was my first Panerai. The moment I walked into my first Panerai boutique store, it was love at first sight and the next time I know I was reaching for my master card. A year later I sold the watch for half of what I paid for due to stop and go problem the 233(L series) was having. Although it was covered under warranty, I still decided to let go of it after it was fixed. Now I have a 372 and its a great watch because I've learned that Panerai is all about "vintage" and "simple dials". Most if not all the new releases aren't a huge suscess and Richmont knows it very well so they are going backwards re-issuing vintage models that they know has the market appeal. 372 is a very popular watch and it seems to hold its value pretty well unlike my 233. I don't know about others but for me when I make a purchase I take alot of things into account including depreciation therefore I would never buy a pink Ferrari. Im happy with my 372 purchase and I love the watch!

Angelus8day
Paneristi

July 24th, 2012, 8:41 pm #17

and once you purchase at secondary prices, your risk to loss of value has been reduced dramatically

nauticajoe
Paneristi
nauticajoe
Paneristi

July 24th, 2012, 10:22 pm #18

thanks in advance!
The 372's a keeper.

X2TIME
Paneristi
X2TIME
Paneristi

July 25th, 2012, 12:16 am #19

thanks in advance!
Monetarily, I think an even trade is a fairer deal but I'd never trade a beautiful 47mm 372 for an overrated, busy dialed, 44mm 233. No way!

_PAM_tastic_
Paneristi

July 25th, 2012, 1:04 pm #20

thanks in advance!
The 233 has been out since 2005 if my memory serves me right. If you wanted that one, why did you buy the 372??!?

Cheers
René.