Would like to know you opinion Rolex Sub C or Daytona

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Would like to know you opinion Rolex Sub C or Daytona

nny07
Paneristi
nny07
Paneristi

June 13th, 2012, 10:27 pm #1

Which would you pick, A Rolex Sub C or Daytona both SS also do they both have the same movement.
Thanks in advance.

DONAG
Paneristi
DONAG
Paneristi

June 13th, 2012, 10:58 pm #2

Daytona is also a bit more in price than the sub

Prefer the sub

DON

mpliskin
Paneristi
mpliskin
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 12:23 am #3

Which would you pick, A Rolex Sub C or Daytona both SS also do they both have the same movement.
Thanks in advance.
Love both. Classic Rolex. Can't go wrong with either one.

hiroshikato1
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 1:31 am #4

Thanks in advance.
Apples and oranges. I have a Sub with the ceramic bezel, I have sold my Seadweller and previous Subs for the ceramic bezel and larger plots (my LV sub did have the larger markers but no ceramic bezel or completely new clasp). Over the ears I have collected two 16520 A series Daytonas and two 116520 Daytonas. So as you can see, my Daytonas are keepers. That being said, if I had to choose one watch for everyday wear-> the Sub. The ceramic bezel and all brushed bracelet and clasp make it a tool watch that can be dressed up. Hope that helps. Hiro

keeperoftime
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 2:00 am #5

Thanks in advance.
I own both.

Totally different movements.

I may be weird, but I prefer a modern GMT over a modern Daytona.
If I was forced to choose vintage... That's another story.
The Daytona is just over-played in my mind.

To clarify, The Daytona is gorgeous. I enjoy looking at it but not wearing it (My Girlfriend wears it more than me). The GMTIIC is a great watch. It has the classic look but has all of the modern updates (Cermaic,SEL Links,New Blue Parachrom Hairspring,Triple Crown etc.)

A couple photos below:
The GMTIIC looks and feels great on a nato or strap btw!

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

P.S
Depending on the Daytona (Post 2000) it will have a Rolex in-house caliber 4130 movement as opposed to the Zenith El Primero 4030 Movement. If you decide to go with the Daytona, pickup a Zenith movement model---They are continuing to appreciate in value.

keeperoftime
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 2:02 am #6

P.S

Mis-Read

I Own The GMTIIC

But, I believe the same. The SubC is a better everyday wear IMHO.

kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 2:08 am #7

Thanks in advance.

PSY76
Paneristi
PSY76
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 2:29 am #8

Thanks in advance.
Love the Sub-C, rarely wear the SS Daytona because it is hard to see. Haven't wanted to sell it because it has its place in my collection.

</a><a href="http://photobucket.com" rel="nofollow">

btinl
Paneristi
btinl
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 4:21 am #9

Thanks in advance.
Both are excellent pieces. I wear the SubC far more often just because it's more practical.

B-Rad

jordan_n
Paneristi
jordan_n
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 10:44 am #10

I had both, and totally agree that for a "daily wearer" the sub-c is more "appropriate" lets say with its brushed links and scratchproof ceramic bezel.

having said that the Daytona for me is a much more handsome piece and i totally agree that I love looking at it, but perhaps abit scared of wearing it.

It's a slim watch as well and has one of the best chrono movements outthere. I have since sold my sub-c but kept my daytona.

nick.c
Paneristi
nick.c
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 11:02 am #11

Thanks in advance.
I have both, I wear my Sub C daily, working in engineering I need something pretty robust & the Sub seems bulletproof, a nice weight & sturdy case.
I bought my Daytona in January 2012 after wanting one for a long time, however after owning it for just a couple of months I was ready to let it go. Thinking about trading against a 00249.
Why this is, I'm not sure but I can only put it down to over hyping it in my own head?!
Maybe it was that only a few weeks after the Daytona I managed to get a 00372 which blew me away - that may have something to do with it?
IMHO Sub C.
Don't get me wrong, the Daytona is a lovely piece, but just not for me.

Good luck

Mehall
Paneristi
Mehall
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 4:42 pm #12

Thanks in advance.

stockae92
Paneristi
stockae92
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm #13

Thanks in advance.
You want a chronograph with no date and an automative racing history?

Or a Diver's watch with date and a dive watch history?

To just look at it as a watch, I would go for the Sub C as a daily wear because it has date, a higher WR rating, glide lock clasp and cheaper movement service in the future :D