What was hot before the 372 and what will be hot?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

What was hot before the 372 and what will be hot?

JohnDoe77
Paneristi
JohnDoe77
Paneristi

February 27th, 2012, 11:52 pm #1

Hi,

There area lot of posts about the gorgeous 372. I was just wondering; which Pam got all the attention before the 372 and did you sees new watch with the same potential?

JD

11years
Paneristi
11years
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 12:33 am #2

I remember when the zero was selling for over list when it was newer...It's exciting to have a watch that is an instant classic....some of the posts will slow down, but I think the fanfare is something that will last...the 372 is worth the hype!

000 "I"
002 "C"

Gregesq
Paneristi
Gregesq
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 12:33 am #3

Hi,

There area lot of posts about the gorgeous 372. I was just wondering; which Pam got all the attention before the 372 and did you sees new watch with the same potential?

JD
As I recall, there was quite a buzz about the 339 Brownie.
Don't forget Bronzo.
Before then, the 360 was the subject of a post or two.
As I recall, the 292J pig garnered a little attention around these parts.
26K caused a bit of a stir...
I'm sure there are others that I have forgotten.

kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 12:43 am #4

Hi,

JD
and now we got one and it seems there will be enough for everyone! That's hard to top....

The only thing I could see is a 6154 style piece. Same case as the 399 but with a p.3000 movement and brown base "RADIOMIR PANERAI" dial.

flamenco7678
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 1:24 am #5

Hi,

JD
Not forgetting that. That got lotsa attention just prior to the 372. And arguably still gettin lotsa LUV

And the piece de resistance 360 BBQ ...........

pdutta2000
Paneristi
pdutta2000
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 1:26 am #6

Hi,

JD
Each of those watches received their fare share of PAMdemonium (#bad joke). Every year or so you get this type of mass purchase of one watch. One thing I will commend OP for is making the 372 available to all. The 47mm is just too big for my wrists but at least I have the option to purchase one.

reduardo
Paneristi
reduardo
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 1:58 am #7

Hi,

JD
not only from second hand owners, but also from dealers--eventually if one's is patient from what I've gathered. The 372 is making me a Panerai fan once again--I'll save up...and one day...hopefully. At least there's realistic hope.

evertech
Paneristi
evertech
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 3:53 am #8

Hi,

JD
26k was talk of the town for a while. It drove the desirability to the roof!

J-F.
Paneristi
J-F.
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 7:50 am #9

Hi,

JD
There was not a day without 6 or 7 threads about it

The 390 too but its announcement/release was really faster

BrisseCph
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 6:56 pm #10

Hi,

JD
Think Panerai make a new base inspired of the 232 and 3646.

Maybe like the 232 but with double pencil hands.

Look at the pic, Panerai still today are using to show the 232 on their website. Double pencil hands !!!

and here is what they ended up with (from J-F amazing archive). Look at the singlehands !

So I think we will soon have a new version of the 232 to see with inhouse and double pencil hands.

Hopefully in 2013

Brian H
Copenhagen

"Vintage is the new 47mm"

Panerai74
Paneristi
Panerai74
Paneristi

February 28th, 2012, 7:26 pm #11

Hi,

JD
My Pam 411
[/IMG]

Pam 390
[/IMG]

By G