What to do??!!

What to do??!!

samboz
Paneristi
samboz
Paneristi

October 10th, 2009, 6:30 pm #1

Hi all,

After waiting for a long time, I now have a 292k at my AD ready and waiting for US$8k plus tax. I tried it on yesterday and while I love it, I had been trying to get a J given the pig adds so much value (not necessarily justified) and while I don't buy them to sell, there is such a premium on this watch given you can buy a 183 for $2500 less - all because of the ceramic.

My wife is harshly opposed to the purchase but I can get around that....!!

I currently have a 177 which I love and have wanted the 292 for so long but now not sure it is worth the expense......I am more inclined to try and get a 312 maybe.....

Any opinions would be great!!

quapaw
Paneristi
quapaw
Paneristi

October 11th, 2009, 7:04 am #2

as trite as it may seem, is to buy the watch that sings to you. There is a famous saying, " the quickest way to make a small fortune trading watches is to start with a large fortune".

Speculation in the value of watches is akin to gambling on the value of any other commodity. If that's your goal why not play the market? If you want a diverse collection of watches to wear and enjoy, buy what you like. Can't go wrong if they are on your wrist and put a smile on your face.

YMMV

__

Quapaw/NorCal

davilo
Paneristi
davilo
Paneristi

October 13th, 2009, 2:52 pm #3

Hi all,

After waiting for a long time, I now have a 292k at my AD ready and waiting for US$8k plus tax. I tried it on yesterday and while I love it, I had been trying to get a J given the pig adds so much value (not necessarily justified) and while I don't buy them to sell, there is such a premium on this watch given you can buy a 183 for $2500 less - all because of the ceramic.

My wife is harshly opposed to the purchase but I can get around that....!!

I currently have a 177 which I love and have wanted the 292 for so long but now not sure it is worth the expense......I am more inclined to try and get a 312 maybe.....

Any opinions would be great!!
hiding something from your wife isn't going to win you points when she finds out.....and the spouse eventually finds out!

good luck

-sherpa davilo
(MA USA)

What the....? Where's my wife?