What is a 372? My two cents

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

What is a 372? My two cents

EricSenna
Paneristi
EricSenna
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 10:47 am #1

My 372 landed on Saturday and I've been eye balling it since.

Upon opening the box, when I first set eyes on it I thought it looked like a 'cleaner' version of my 127. Once you pick it up in your hand you realize this is not the case. In fact it's quite different to the 127.

I've since found JF's post comparing them both in detail and JF has done a much better job than I ever could with his comparison.

The 372's case seems to be pretty different than any 1950 cases that I've compared them too including my 44mm 270 and as you would expect very different the 305 and 285 which I also have here.

It's a beautiful looking watch and the polished case definitely lends itself to smart formal occasions as well as casual wearing with jeans etc (strap choice would obviously make this go one way or another). Speaking of which I love the second OEM strap that comes with the watch (vintage tan). Very soft and comfortable and looks great IMO.

Weirdly, in some ways the 372 has a similar clean look to a rad which I didn't expect. Call me crazy but in terms of sleekness of the case and the clean uncluttered look of the dial it really relates to the 232 in my view.

Being very lazy I've never been a fan of manual watches for every day use but the 372 can definitely be worn every day without problem. The 3 day movement has a lovely smooth, high quality feel when winding it up and seems to take very little time to wind to the max. It also seems to be very accurate in that it keeps very good time (my wife's 312 is always very fast by a crazy 4-5 minutes a week. Even after it just came back from an expensive service )

Lastly, I need to order a longer OEM tan strap for this, if anyone has the strap reference number I would greatly appreciate the info.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

sdumperth
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 12:26 pm #2

I agree. The 372 is the perfect watch

I can't wait for mine. To me, it is the way the world will see that: We are Paneristis!!

May the force be with you........................Always!

Being "Individual" is SO expensive!

"Always remember, you can't buy class" -Dad

I believe in COMMUNITY, wether you believe in it or me. If you are reading this, then you are community!
Always remember, you can’t buy class. -Dad

docfink
Paneristi
docfink
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 1:21 pm #3

Upon opening the box, when I first set eyes on it I thought it looked like a 'cleaner' version of my 127. Once you pick it up in your hand you realize this is not the case. In fact it's quite different to the 127.

I've since found JF's post comparing them both in detail and JF has done a much better job than I ever could with his comparison.

The 372's case seems to be pretty different than any 1950 cases that I've compared them too including my 44mm 270 and as you would expect very different the 305 and 285 which I also have here.

It's a beautiful looking watch and the polished case definitely lends itself to smart formal occasions as well as casual wearing with jeans etc (strap choice would obviously make this go one way or another). Speaking of which I love the second OEM strap that comes with the watch (vintage tan). Very soft and comfortable and looks great IMO.

Weirdly, in some ways the 372 has a similar clean look to a rad which I didn't expect. Call me crazy but in terms of sleekness of the case and the clean uncluttered look of the dial it really relates to the 232 in my view.

Being very lazy I've never been a fan of manual watches for every day use but the 372 can definitely be worn every day without problem. The 3 day movement has a lovely smooth, high quality feel when winding it up and seems to take very little time to wind to the max. It also seems to be very accurate in that it keeps very good time (my wife's 312 is always very fast by a crazy 4-5 minutes a week. Even after it just came back from an expensive service )

Lastly, I need to order a longer OEM tan strap for this, if anyone has the strap reference number I would greatly appreciate the info.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
I think the similarity between the 232 is strong too, and not often mentioned. You have a wonderful collection;enjoy them all to the fullest!

david

Kingsholm14
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 1:47 pm #4

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Day is to come with age I assume.

Confunktion
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 2:10 pm #5

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Great photos!

zgisterak
Paneristi
zgisterak
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 3:02 pm #6

Day is to come with age I assume.
I have my 372 on the 26mm Ass...It looks GREEAT..nt

fullcourt1
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 3:03 pm #7

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
more than just a watch

EdouardG
Paneristi
EdouardG
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 3:51 pm #8

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
... I don' tmanage to find it?
Thanks in advance.

EdouardG
Toulouse, France

EdouardG
Paneristi
EdouardG
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 3:51 pm #9

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
... I don't manage to find it?
Thanks in advance.

EdouardG
Toulouse, France

Bryan6512
Paneristi
Bryan6512
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 6:26 pm #10

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Great Report Eric,

Having a question about the size compare with 270.
I have small wrist and also owned 270...that should be the max size I can wear, but really like 372.
Would that really not much bigger like other ppl said if compare with 270 44m case?

Thank you in advance
Bryan

modenaboy
Paneristi
modenaboy
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 7:44 pm #11

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Nice post and pics on the 372 - heartening to hear it shares some vibe with a Radiomir, I love the 47mm Radiomirs, but was worried the 372 "family" (yeah, there's three variants now might be too big for me.

On the 312, 5 minutes a week is way excessive, that much gain is often caused by getting magnetized (I had that happen to one of my Luminors and my wife's JLC Reverso suffered from it too). In both cases, it was a 2 second fix by our local AD, he just waved it over a demagnetizer and fixed it right away. (I think you can even buy a demagnetizer online, but since it happens so rarely, easier to hit the dealer). Be careful - I first went to one shop that claimed my watch needed a full overhaul and was not magnetized, but he was completely wrong - it seemed fishy, so I took the longer drive to the AD and yup... it was just magnetized.

Good luck, and enjoy the 372!

-- Gordie

Gu5h
Paneristi
Gu5h
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 9:42 pm #12

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
GUSH

EricSenna
Paneristi
EricSenna
Paneristi

February 8th, 2012, 9:35 am #13

Great Report Eric,

Having a question about the size compare with 270.
I have small wrist and also owned 270...that should be the max size I can wear, but really like 372.
Would that really not much bigger like other ppl said if compare with 270 44m case?

Thank you in advance
Bryan
Hi Bryan,
If you can wear a 270 you can wear a 372. The 270 is quite a thick and chunky watch (thick because of the 10 day auto movement).
On the other hand the 372 is probably the smallest wearing 47" luminor out there.

All the best
Eric

laphroaig007
Paneristi

February 8th, 2012, 11:32 am #14

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
I love this watch !

---------------------------------------------------------
Always look to the bright side of life - Watch enthusiast

Bryan6512
Paneristi
Bryan6512
Paneristi

February 13th, 2012, 6:05 pm #15

Hi Bryan,
If you can wear a 270 you can wear a 372. The 270 is quite a thick and chunky watch (thick because of the 10 day auto movement).
On the other hand the 372 is probably the smallest wearing 47" luminor out there.

All the best
Eric
Eric,

Thank you for the info.