What happens when a few Jersey boys, NY Ristis and some out of towners meet...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

What happens when a few Jersey boys, NY Ristis and some out of towners meet...

jcatral14
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 8:20 pm #1

A GTG of course This one was a lil more special as it was also Eng's send off party, of sorts.

Horace is staying at a relative's place here in Jersey so I asked him to just meet me and we'll drive in together. Traffic was non-existent for a Monday afternoon heading into the city so we were at Eng's place a full hour before official start time. Ooops.

Looks like no one's here

Except this lady playing the violin. Eng? "Down here!" Ah, he must be getting ready for his cross continent adventure.

I follow his voice and make it to his workshop...

I find Eng and he tells me, "I think I'll take this watch with me on my trip."

I said, "The Bronzo??? No, take this old thing instead. The Bronzo is too precious to take on a rough trip."

Eng said, "Sure but what strap am I going to use with it?" I suggested let's eat first and we can decide later when our blood chemistry is more stable. The wine and trail mix weren't cutting it.

These two guys wanted to come along but kept looking at the time and decided to pass. They might make it to a future GTG...

We make it to the restaurant and proceed to perform a Bronzo head count...

Quattros Bronzos!!!!

I had an opportunity to try Steve's 339. I'm starting to get over the weight issue, lol. Gorgeous piece

Then we settled down for some dinner and chit chat. Food was great and came in waves. Luke took a special liking to the tofu dish. Might have to get him a manziere or is it a bro?

Then our emcee broke out the raffle tickets....

To raffle this off!!! Wagner was really nice to bring one of his creations to give away ))))))) Thanks again Wagner!!!!

The winning ticket? crosses fingers

Drum roll

And the winner is....Horace!!!!

That case was sealed TIGHT! LOL

Let's get another round of drinks, this could take a while...

Almost there...

Finally! After we manage to get a pair of industrial bolt cutters aka scissors...

Congrats Horace! A very nice addition to your display case

With the baker from Brazil and now also known as the sculptor from Brazil

You know what's next...table shot! Or in this case a tray shot

Eng serving dessert or more appropriately, eye candy...

Eng, have a great trip!
Luke, thanks for emceeing last night.
Matt, nice meeting you.
Wagner, great meeting you. Thanks for an awesome giveaway! Enjoy the rest of your stay in NYC!
Ken, great meeting another SG risti (by way of Pittsburgh). Have fun on your vaca and say hi to the SG crew for me.
Vic, it was a pleasure meeting you. I'll have to drop by your bar one of these hot days
Ned, good to see you again. I'll keep in touch.
Tony, Eric, Steve we should do this more often. Or maybe I should join you guys more often
Horace, have fun at Hershey today. Hope to see you this weekend.

If you made it this far, thanks for looking

GTGs are always fun as you get to meet old friends and make new ones. Last night was no exception. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Cheers!

Jay

-Jay in Northern NJ

games0n
Paneristi
games0n
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 8:27 pm #2

Or everyone else have the same problem?

JYogi
Paneristi
JYogi
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 8:29 pm #3

A GTG of course This one was a lil more special as it was also Eng's send off party, of sorts.

Horace is staying at a relative's place here in Jersey so I asked him to just meet me and we'll drive in together. Traffic was non-existent for a Monday afternoon heading into the city so we were at Eng's place a full hour before official start time. Ooops.

Looks like no one's here

Except this lady playing the violin. Eng? "Down here!" Ah, he must be getting ready for his cross continent adventure.

I said, "The Bronzo??? No, take this old thing instead. The Bronzo is too precious to take on a rough trip."

Eng said, "Sure but what strap am I going to use with it?" I suggested let's eat first and we can decide later when our blood chemistry is more stable. The wine and trail mix weren't cutting it.

These two guys wanted to come along but kept looking at the time and decided to pass. They might make it to a future GTG...

Quattros Bronzos!!!!

I had an opportunity to try Steve's 339. I'm starting to get over the weight issue, lol. Gorgeous piece

Then we settled down for some dinner and chit chat. Food was great and came in waves. Luke took a special liking to the tofu dish. Might have to get him a manziere or is it a bro?

To raffle this off!!! Wagner was really nice to bring one of his creations to give away ))))))) Thanks again Wagner!!!!

Drum roll

Almost there...

Finally! After we manage to get a pair of industrial bolt cutters aka scissors...

Eng, have a great trip!
Matt, nice meeting you.
Wagner, great meeting you. Thanks for an awesome giveaway! Enjoy the rest of your stay in NYC!
Ken, great meeting another SG risti (by way of Pittsburgh). Have fun on your vaca and say hi to the SG crew for me.
Vic, it was a pleasure meeting you. I'll have to drop by your bar one of these hot days
Tony, Eric, Steve we should do this more often. Or maybe I should join you guys more often

GTGs are always fun as you get to meet old friends and make new ones. Last night was no exception. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Cheers!

Jay

-Jay in Northern NJ

WOW
GREAT pics.
Beautiful watches and looks like a great meal.

Nice to see so many people together having a good time talking
watches!

Bronzo... You just had to go there, I am lusting after that watch
but so undecided if I can pull it off with 6.8 in wrists or not but
from the pics it looks like a couple of the guys had smaller wrists
who were sporting Bronzo.

Thanks for sharing with us!

Watches: Rolex DSSD, Rolex SD, Rolex 1675 GMT Pepsi, Rolex SS DJ, Breitling Gen II Navitimer, Audemars skeleton, Ball NT and Ball Conductor GMT, Bell&Ross Hydromax, and Tissot T-Touch

X2TIME
Paneristi
X2TIME
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 8:44 pm #4

Looks like no one's here

Quattros Bronzos!!!!

Drum roll

Almost there...

Eng, have a great trip!
Matt, nice meeting you.

Cheers!

Jay

-Jay in Northern NJ

..let alone the drawer of watches! Amazing!

Cheers, gentlemen.

sdumperth
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 8:50 pm #5

Looks like no one's here

Quattros Bronzos!!!!

Drum roll

Almost there...

Eng, have a great trip!
Matt, nice meeting you.

Cheers!

Jay

-Jay in Northern NJ

I see some good friends and some people I'd love to meet!

Someday.....

May the force be with you........................Always!

Being "Individual" is SO expensive!

"Always remember, you can't buy class" -Dad

!COMMUNITY UP!
Always remember, you can’t buy class. -Dad

CharlesLC
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 8:55 pm #6

Looks like no one's here

Quattros Bronzos!!!!

Drum roll

Almost there...

Eng, have a great trip!
Matt, nice meeting you.

Cheers!

Jay

-Jay in Northern NJ

Is Aurelio still banned from there?
just askin'

Paninari
Paneristi
Paninari
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 9:00 pm #7

Looks like no one's here

Quattros Bronzos!!!!

Drum roll

Almost there...

Eng, have a great trip!
Matt, nice meeting you.

Cheers!

Jay

-Jay in Northern NJ

lots of familar faces
Thx for sharing

Saluti
Paninari

Cr4ig
Paneristi
Cr4ig
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 9:01 pm #8

Looks like no one's here

Quattros Bronzos!!!!

Drum roll

Almost there...

Eng, have a great trip!
Matt, nice meeting you.

Cheers!

Jay

-Jay in Northern NJ

-Craig F

shmeedr
Paneristi
shmeedr
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 9:05 pm #9

Looks like no one's here

Quattros Bronzos!!!!

Drum roll

Almost there...

Eng, have a great trip!
Matt, nice meeting you.

Cheers!

Jay

-Jay in Northern NJ

My Grails.

Ba Ba Booey.

Kevin Schmieder

Pam 111 N Series
Rolex Submariner Ceramic 116610

JZ365
Paneristi
JZ365
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 9:24 pm #10

Looks like no one's here

Quattros Bronzos!!!!

Drum roll

Almost there...

Eng, have a great trip!
Matt, nice meeting you.

Cheers!

Jay

-Jay in Northern NJ

Fun gtg's in NYC as always

"Power Up"

Cheers
Jose

MarkSanders
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 9:53 pm #11

Looks like no one's here

Quattros Bronzos!!!!

Drum roll

Almost there...

Eng, have a great trip!
Matt, nice meeting you.

Cheers!

Jay

-Jay in Northern NJ

Would love to see the content of those drawers in real life

Greetings,

Mark Sanders

covactanks
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 10:17 pm #12

Looks like no one's here

Quattros Bronzos!!!!

Drum roll

Almost there...

Eng, have a great trip!
Matt, nice meeting you.

Cheers!

Jay

-Jay in Northern NJ

x

<a href="http://photobucket.com">
'Last night what we talked about
It made so much sense
But now the haze has ascended
It don't make no sense anymore'

</a>

RIPBBQ

nauticajoe
Paneristi
nauticajoe
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 10:30 pm #13

Looks like no one's here

Quattros Bronzos!!!!

Drum roll

Almost there...

Eng, have a great trip!
Matt, nice meeting you.

Cheers!

Jay

-Jay in Northern NJ

Good times!

Gu5h
Paneristi
Gu5h
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 10:39 pm #14

Looks like no one's here

Quattros Bronzos!!!!

Drum roll

Almost there...

Eng, have a great trip!
Matt, nice meeting you.

Cheers!

Jay

-Jay in Northern NJ

Plant is no substitute : )))

GUSH

snoballz
Paneristi
snoballz
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 11:05 pm #15

Is Aurelio still banned from there?
just askin'
Big A was missed but there will be a next time.

-luke

snoballz
Paneristi
snoballz
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 11:07 pm #16

Plant is no substitute : )))

GUSH
-luke

snoballz
Paneristi
snoballz
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 11:11 pm #17

Looks like no one's here

Quattros Bronzos!!!!

Drum roll

Almost there...

Eng, have a great trip!
Matt, nice meeting you.

Cheers!

Jay

-Jay in Northern NJ

Always a nice time when the locals get together and it was especially nice meeting new faces.

I'm sure many of us went and read Ken's DID afterwards.

-luke

skipp231
Paneristi
skipp231
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 11:26 pm #18

Looks like no one's here

Quattros Bronzos!!!!

Drum roll

Almost there...

Eng, have a great trip!
Matt, nice meeting you.

Cheers!

Jay

-Jay in Northern NJ

Unfortunately, the pics do not capture Wagner's re-enactment of how he smuggled "weed" and the pig through airport security and US customs. NY ristis are cool..second only to the Ohio-Penn ristis of course
- Ken

Tokyoristi
Paneristi
Tokyoristi
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 11:30 pm #19

Looks like no one's here

Quattros Bronzos!!!!

Drum roll

Almost there...

Eng, have a great trip!
Matt, nice meeting you.

Cheers!

Jay

-Jay in Northern NJ

Always nice to see familiar faces, although I've only met you Jay in person
I hope to one day soon make it to those NYC GTGs.

Cheers

Jason

rioet
Paneristi
rioet
Paneristi

July 10th, 2012, 11:38 pm #20

Looks like no one's here

Quattros Bronzos!!!!

Drum roll

Almost there...

Eng, have a great trip!
Matt, nice meeting you.

Cheers!

Jay

-Jay in Northern NJ