What a ride!!! The 2012 USA Four Corners Alaska Trans-Canada 13,620 mile ride

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

What a ride!!! The 2012 USA Four Corners Alaska Trans-Canada 13,620 mile ride

steveroadking
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 7:26 pm #1

I made it!!!

The 2012 USA Four Corners Key West FL, San Ysidro CA, Blaine WA, Matawaska ME North to Alaska 7 National Parks Trans Canadian Long Ass Ride:)

My favorite photo along the Klondike Trail

Click on the link, go to slideshow and enjoy:)
https://picasaweb.google.com/skrawse/20 ... O-T1Yb4ygE

Summary re-cap:

13,620 total miles solo
26 US states
8 Canadian Provinces including the Yukon Territory
5,000 miles Trans- Canadian from The Northern Yukon to New Brunswick north of Maine
Skagway Alaska USA National Historic Park
7 National Parks: Everglades FL, Big Bend TX, Saguaro AZ, Joshua Tree CA, Lassen Volcanic CA, Olympic WA, Skagway Historic AK
29 days out. May 15-June 12
5 days no riding, rest days
Average riding per day: 568 miles for 24 days
37 MPG average total
370 gallons of gas
272 hours of riding
Longest ride per day : 780 miles
2 sets of tires and oil service (one at home and one in Seattle)
Animals seen along the way: Alligators, rattle snakes, coyote, black and brown bear, eagles, red and black fox, elk, moose, bison, black squirrel, beaver, Stone sheep
Highest price for gas $7.25 per gallon northern Canadian Rockies, Yukon
Craziest town name: St Louis du Ha! Ha!, New Brunswick Canada (Exactly spelled like that with the exclamation points)
Highest temp: 115 degrees F in Blythe CA
Lowest temp: White pass, Frazer BC 37 F degrees
Biggest lesson learned: do not drink tequila shots after a bottle of wine and forgetting to eat all day
Nicest road: The Klondike Trail south to Skagway thru the White Pass/Frazer BC into Alaska USA
Best meal: Lake Huron north shore, Bruce Mines Canada: Clay baked salmon
Subway sandwiches eaten: 8+
Number of photos taken 900+

Trip highlight: 3 nights with good friends Dennis and Janet in Valencia CA and an afternoon with Dennis at his work at Dreamworks.
Also an over the top evening at the Hyatt in Bellevue WA GTG in Seattle with Max, GregKo, Stacy, Steve, Steve, Rob, Steve H, Mike Tanto, etc
Thank you Max and Jason for getting my bike ready for Alaska and the 2nd half of the ride
And an ice cold beer with Nad at his home in Montreal:)
Thanks to Pastor Jack and your congregation for the "Godspeed" blessing on Day 1
Thank you to all who kept in touch along the way

Special thanks to my beautiful wife Madeline, for her support and encouragement, without it, this adventure would not have been possible.

RideON

PS I missed you guys!

To leave is to adventure to return is everything:)

"Life's an adventure, you might as well wear a Panerai"
Steve (steveroadking)

Richardson Hwy, Valdez, Alaska-- The Brooks Range via Dalton Hwy Alaska--Prudhoe Bay/Deadhorse Arctic Ocean Alaska--Dawson Cr, Mile Marker '0' Alaska Canadian Hwy Alberta Canada--Yukon Territory, Al Can Highway--Crossing the Yukon River via The George Black Ferry from Dawson City--Poker Creek, population 2, furthest northern border crossing in Alaska. The Forty Mile River Region/Top Of The World Highway

robNY
Paneristi
robNY
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 7:40 pm #2

Cool................! nt

RUpanerai
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 7:41 pm #3

I made it!!!

The 2012 USA Four Corners Key West FL, San Ysidro CA, Blaine WA, Matawaska ME North to Alaska 7 National Parks Trans Canadian Long Ass Ride:)

Summary re-cap:

13,620 total miles solo
26 US states
5,000 miles Trans- Canadian from The Northern Yukon to New Brunswick north of Maine
7 National Parks: Everglades FL, Big Bend TX, Saguaro AZ, Joshua Tree CA, Lassen Volcanic CA, Olympic WA, Skagway Historic AK
37 MPG average total
370 gallons of gas
272 hours of riding
Animals seen along the way: Alligators, rattle snakes, coyote, black and brown bear, eagles, red and black fox, elk, moose, bison, black squirrel, beaver, Stone sheep
Craziest town name: St Louis du Ha! Ha!, New Brunswick Canada (Exactly spelled like that with the exclamation points)
Biggest lesson learned: do not drink tequila shots after a bottle of wine and forgetting to eat all day
Nicest road: The Klondike Trail south to Skagway thru the White Pass/Frazer BC into Alaska USA

Trip highlight: 3 nights with good friends Dennis and Janet in Valencia CA and an afternoon with Dennis at his work at Dreamworks.
Also an over the top evening at the Hyatt in Bellevue WA GTG in Seattle with Max, GregKo, Stacy, Steve, Steve, Rob, Steve H, Mike Tanto, etc
Thank you Max and Jason for getting my bike ready for Alaska and the 2nd half of the ride
Thanks to Pastor Jack and your congregation for the "Godspeed" blessing on Day 1

Special thanks to my beautiful wife Madeline, for her support and encouragement, without it, this adventure would not have been possible.

RideON

PS I missed you guys!

Steve (steveroadking)

Richardson Hwy, Valdez, Alaska-- The Brooks Range via Dalton Hwy Alaska--Prudhoe Bay/Deadhorse Arctic Ocean Alaska--Dawson Cr, Mile Marker '0' Alaska Canadian Hwy Alberta Canada--Yukon Territory, Al Can Highway--Crossing the Yukon River via The George Black Ferry from Dawson City--Poker Creek, population 2, furthest northern border crossing in Alaska. The Forty Mile River Region/Top Of The World Highway

Thanks for taking us along.

Hope to see you soon buddy.

scott0431
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 7:42 pm #4

I made it!!!

Summary re-cap:

13,620 total miles solo
26 US states
37 MPG average total
370 gallons of gas
272 hours of riding

RideON

PS I missed you guys!

Steve (steveroadking)

That is the way life was meant to be lived! Wonderful report. Did you ever run into any weather issue that made you have to stop for a while?

"If I was on death row and given one last meal I would ask for a fortune cookie. "Come on 'long prosperous life!'"-
Mitch Hedburg

epfunk
Paneristi
epfunk
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 7:44 pm #5

I made it!!!

Summary re-cap:

13,620 total miles solo
26 US states
37 MPG average total
370 gallons of gas
272 hours of riding

RideON

PS I missed you guys!

Steve (steveroadking)

ps D made me move to the burbs while u were gone. drive over my way sometime! u r always welcome. we have a subway in town that will deliver footlongs. I'll provide the booze.

Composers shouldn't think too much - it interferes with their plagiarism.
- Howard Dietz

coloristi
Paneristi
coloristi
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 7:46 pm #6

I made it!!!

Summary re-cap:

13,620 total miles solo
26 US states
37 MPG average total
370 gallons of gas
272 hours of riding

RideON

PS I missed you guys!

Steve (steveroadking)

What a ride!!! I really enjoyed all the great pictures. Thanks for sharing and glad you are home safe.

aproster
Paneristi
aproster
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 7:47 pm #7

I made it!!!

Summary re-cap:

13,620 total miles solo
26 US states
37 MPG average total
370 gallons of gas
272 hours of riding

RideON

PS I missed you guys!

Steve (steveroadking)

Glad to hear the trip was amazing, and that you are home safe & in one piece!

Cheers buddy

Aaron

Studio City, CA

Rock1979
Paneristi
Rock1979
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 8:38 pm #8

I made it!!!

Summary re-cap:

13,620 total miles solo
26 US states
37 MPG average total
370 gallons of gas
272 hours of riding

RideON

PS I missed you guys!

Steve (steveroadking)

And congrats on such an incredible ride! That had to be exhilirating.

JRock

MarkSanders
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 8:38 pm #9

I made it!!!

Summary re-cap:

13,620 total miles solo
26 US states
37 MPG average total
370 gallons of gas
272 hours of riding

RideON

PS I missed you guys!

Steve (steveroadking)

That must have been an adventure!

Glad you made it back in one piece

Greetings,

Mark Sanders

aboen
Paneristi
aboen
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 8:42 pm #10

I made it!!!

Summary re-cap:

13,620 total miles solo
26 US states
37 MPG average total
370 gallons of gas
272 hours of riding

RideON

PS I missed you guys!

Steve (steveroadking)

Andrew Boen
NoCal

rapers
Paneristi
rapers
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 9:04 pm #11

I made it!!!

Summary re-cap:

13,620 total miles solo
26 US states
37 MPG average total
370 gallons of gas
272 hours of riding

RideON

PS I missed you guys!

Steve (steveroadking)

nt

papillonvic
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 9:05 pm #12

I made it!!!

Summary re-cap:

13,620 total miles solo
26 US states
37 MPG average total
370 gallons of gas
272 hours of riding

RideON

PS I missed you guys!

Steve (steveroadking)

What an amazing Trip ,

Look forward to hearing about it next time I see you .

Welcome back my friend,

Vic

abunai
Paneristi
abunai
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 9:20 pm #13

I made it!!!

Summary re-cap:

13,620 total miles solo
26 US states
37 MPG average total
370 gallons of gas
272 hours of riding

RideON

PS I missed you guys!

Steve (steveroadking)

Amazing feat and what a detailed log book. Thanks for sharing!

steveroadking
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 9:21 pm #14

It's nice to be back home:)

Steve (steveroadking)

steveroadking
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 9:23 pm #15

Thanks for taking us along.

Hope to see you soon buddy.

Hope this finds you and Diana well il mio amico:) See you soon indeed!

Steve (steveroadking)

steveroadking
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 9:27 pm #16

That is the way life was meant to be lived! Wonderful report. Did you ever run into any weather issue that made you have to stop for a while?

"If I was on death row and given one last meal I would ask for a fortune cookie. "Come on 'long prosperous life!'"-
Mitch Hedburg
Rain? Oh did it rain! from Fort Nelson in BC to Neepawa Manitoba...about 1300+ miles worth..My camera stays in a dry bag when it rains. About 5-6 days total trip in and out of thundershowers. Coming thru Taylor Alberta a tornado touched down a few hours after I passed thru.

Steve (steveroadking)

steveroadking
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 9:29 pm #17

ps D made me move to the burbs while u were gone. drive over my way sometime! u r always welcome. we have a subway in town that will deliver footlongs. I'll provide the booze.

Composers shouldn't think too much - it interferes with their plagiarism.
- Howard Dietz
Congratulations to you both. Cut the grass, clean the yard, fix the roof, trim the shrubs, paint the fence....and the list goes on and on:) See you soon.

Steve (steveroadking)

steveroadking
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 9:29 pm #18

What a ride!!! I really enjoyed all the great pictures. Thanks for sharing and glad you are home safe.
It's feels good to be home:)

Steve (steveroadking)

steveroadking
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 9:31 pm #19

Glad to hear the trip was amazing, and that you are home safe & in one piece!

Cheers buddy

Aaron

Studio City, CA
I knew I was on my return in Skagway AK...not rain, nor wind, nor the OPP in Ontario could stop me:)

Steve (steveroadking)

steveroadking
Paneristi

June 14th, 2012, 9:36 pm #20

And congrats on such an incredible ride! That had to be exhilirating.

JRock

It's difficult to put into words, but imagine a million impressions coming at you quickly in the course of a day, the scenery, a house, a sign, the road surface, others vehicles, the clouds the landscape, an interesting store, a person, all blazing by at light speed. It's impossible to remember it all and the next day yesterday feels like a dream...Then I repeat it again with different impressions.
Yes it's exhilarating!

Steve (steveroadking)