Very tough question to ask...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Very tough question to ask...

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

April 11th, 2012, 5:53 pm #1

At the risk of committing a major party foul...I'm going to ask anyway:

I'm relatively new to Panerai and have collected other brands for years. I have a 177 and a 114 now and have my eye one another PAM even though I have NO business purchasing three watches like this in relatively a short period of time. (I'm not a wealthy guy.)

As part of my experience with Panerai, I find myself addicted to the Paneristi community and getting to know some great people here. Between the people and the watches I'm drawn to Panerai and to Paneristi more and more every day.

The PAM that has a hold of my heart was being released as I was starting to experience Panerai for the first time. I didn't realize what it was going to take to get one from a boutique...waiting lists and all. It's the 390. Please understand, I have NO problem with someone buying and selling a piece that isn't what they thought it would be after they received it. However, it breaks my heart when I'm calling the boutiques every week trying to find a way to purchase one when many are being delivered by the boutiques and put back up for sale. I hope no one takes offence and this isn't taken the wrong way. I don't want to mess up anyone selling a 390 they don't feel connect to anymore.

I recently read that one Paneristi helped another one acquire a new 390 from a boutique and the watch didn't suit him when he finally received it. My plea is to someone who is interested in helping another member acquire a 390 that will be enjoyed for years. I'm happy to pay a "finder's fee" for the help and make it worthwhile for anyone interested in helping.

Part of my long term experience with the pieces I keep is how they came to me. (I hope this makes sense.) Knowing I purchased it on the gray market "just to get one" isn't how I want to own something that will be with me for years to come.

Again, I truly hope I have not offended anyone. I've sold many watches that weren't what I originally thought they would be. My only intent is to work with a fellow Risti that might have a way to acquire a 390 from a boutique and make sure they are compensated for the connection the make.

Sincerest Regards,

- Peter

- Peter

So much more than just a watch!

CharlesLC
Paneristi

April 11th, 2012, 6:12 pm #2

post a WTB in the Collector or Dealer Market. nt

BauerR
Paneristi
BauerR
Paneristi

April 11th, 2012, 6:55 pm #3

I'm relatively new to Panerai and have collected other brands for years. I have a 177 and a 114 now and have my eye one another PAM even though I have NO business purchasing three watches like this in relatively a short period of time. (I'm not a wealthy guy.)

As part of my experience with Panerai, I find myself addicted to the Paneristi community and getting to know some great people here. Between the people and the watches I'm drawn to Panerai and to Paneristi more and more every day.

The PAM that has a hold of my heart was being released as I was starting to experience Panerai for the first time. I didn't realize what it was going to take to get one from a boutique...waiting lists and all. It's the 390. Please understand, I have NO problem with someone buying and selling a piece that isn't what they thought it would be after they received it. However, it breaks my heart when I'm calling the boutiques every week trying to find a way to purchase one when many are being delivered by the boutiques and put back up for sale. I hope no one takes offence and this isn't taken the wrong way. I don't want to mess up anyone selling a 390 they don't feel connect to anymore.

I recently read that one Paneristi helped another one acquire a new 390 from a boutique and the watch didn't suit him when he finally received it. My plea is to someone who is interested in helping another member acquire a 390 that will be enjoyed for years. I'm happy to pay a "finder's fee" for the help and make it worthwhile for anyone interested in helping.

Part of my long term experience with the pieces I keep is how they came to me. (I hope this makes sense.) Knowing I purchased it on the gray market "just to get one" isn't how I want to own something that will be with me for years to come.

Again, I truly hope I have not offended anyone. I've sold many watches that weren't what I originally thought they would be. My only intent is to work with a fellow Risti that might have a way to acquire a 390 from a boutique and make sure they are compensated for the connection the make.

Sincerest Regards,

- Peter

Not interested in any of them?

Others:
Breitling Superocean Steelfish
Tag Heuer Formula 1

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

April 11th, 2012, 7:06 pm #4

It's not the money at all. I was wanting to get one from a boutique beacuse that's the way I've purchased all my other wathes. It's part of the piece and the experience for me. If they're sold out that's a differnet story. It just seems like they're still delivering them.

Thanks for the suggestion! I truly appreciate it!

- Peter

- Peter

Gregesq
Paneristi
Gregesq
Paneristi

April 11th, 2012, 7:32 pm #5

But one never knows. I got my 249 from a boutique in 2007 when they should have been all gone...
Hope springs eternal and all that.
Greg

shmeedr
Paneristi
shmeedr
Paneristi

April 11th, 2012, 7:42 pm #6

Sincerest Regards,

- Peter

my wife and had to make a few purchases just because I was there. Forget the fact that any one of us can go to the Dealer or Collector Market and get a lower price for most of our Risti needs. I live in Chicago, there's no Boutiques out here so it was pretty cool working with the boutique. My .02 cents.

My Grails.

Avi: "Should I call you Bullet? Tooth?"
Bullet Tooth Tony: "You can call me Susan if it makes you happy." Snatch

Kevin Schmieder

Pam 111 N Series
Pam 005 N Series (Gone)
Rolex Submariner Ceramic 116610

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

April 11th, 2012, 9:12 pm #7

- Peter

- Peter

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

April 11th, 2012, 9:13 pm #8

But one never knows. I got my 249 from a boutique in 2007 when they should have been all gone...
Hope springs eternal and all that.
Greg

- Peter

- Peter

mikefarha
Paneristi
mikefarha
Paneristi

April 11th, 2012, 9:47 pm #9

my wife and had to make a few purchases just because I was there. Forget the fact that any one of us can go to the Dealer or Collector Market and get a lower price for most of our Risti needs. I live in Chicago, there's no Boutiques out here so it was pretty cool working with the boutique. My .02 cents.

My Grails.

Kevin Schmieder

Pam 111 N Series
Pam 005 N Series (Gone)
I know one of the AD's is moving it's location off of Michigan Avenue and the other told me last month it's just a matter of time, for whatever that's worth before they move a boutique into a Michigan Avenue Location. Sounded pretty imminent, but who knows. The last two times i was in the two with downstairs locations in Michigan Avenue they had a lot of Panerai.

LNX1814
Paneristi
LNX1814
Paneristi

April 11th, 2012, 10:15 pm #10

Sincerest Regards,

- Peter

Would love to see a boutique come to Chicago. Only recently bought my first PAM but I can tell more are on the way

coloristi
Paneristi
coloristi
Paneristi

April 12th, 2012, 12:23 am #11

Sincerest Regards,

- Peter

It sounds like you really love the piece. I suggest getting your hands on one, however that needs to happen, and enjoy!

shmeedr
Paneristi
shmeedr
Paneristi

April 12th, 2012, 1:53 am #12

I know one of the AD's is moving it's location off of Michigan Avenue and the other told me last month it's just a matter of time, for whatever that's worth before they move a boutique into a Michigan Avenue Location. Sounded pretty imminent, but who knows. The last two times i was in the two with downstairs locations in Michigan Avenue they had a lot of Panerai.

My Grails.

Kevin Schmieder

Pam 111 N Series
Pam 005 N Series (Gone)

Paul3640
Paneristi
Paul3640
Paneristi

April 12th, 2012, 3:53 am #13

Sincerest Regards,

- Peter

I have tried striking up a relationship with my panerai Boutique, without much success. I live in Abu Dhabi, (no boutique but they do have some AD's), the boutique is in Dubai about 1 hours drive away. I tried to get on the waiting list for the 390, they would not even allow me on the list as they said it was too long. I have had several watches serviced by them, and the service ,.has been excellent, but the bottom line is the only way they will 'accept' me a serious buyer (IMHO) is if I actually buy watches from them. But no point in me buying watches that I don't really want, just to build up credibility. So it is a viscuous circle.

I find more help, support and fun, here on Paneristi and the online dealers on this forum.

I sourced my 390 through this forum and i am completely satisfied. I may not have been able to have the boutique experience, but i have a 390 on my wrist, which I cannot get enough of, along with only 1999 other people on the planet and that is the point ( to me anyway). If you really want the watch, buy through this forum, make a new friend Along the way and enjoy what you seek in the knowledge that a fellow risti helped you out!

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

April 12th, 2012, 4:42 am #14

Sincerest Regards,

- Peter

Truth be told I've never had a community like this to work with in other brands. I needed to lean on my dealer for all the support. I'm learning that's certainly not the case here with those who contact me. I'm truly humbled.

With everyone I connected with today I would rather forge new friendships here and have a 390 be part of that than try to somehow get to the top of a list at a boutique. I'll keep you posted on how everything transpires but I think everything is going to turn out very well thanks to one Risti that reached out to me. Today it really did become about the people. I'm speachless.

- Peter

- Peter

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

April 12th, 2012, 4:43 am #15

I have tried striking up a relationship with my panerai Boutique, without much success. I live in Abu Dhabi, (no boutique but they do have some AD's), the boutique is in Dubai about 1 hours drive away. I tried to get on the waiting list for the 390, they would not even allow me on the list as they said it was too long. I have had several watches serviced by them, and the service ,.has been excellent, but the bottom line is the only way they will 'accept' me a serious buyer (IMHO) is if I actually buy watches from them. But no point in me buying watches that I don't really want, just to build up credibility. So it is a viscuous circle.

I find more help, support and fun, here on Paneristi and the online dealers on this forum.

I sourced my 390 through this forum and i am completely satisfied. I may not have been able to have the boutique experience, but i have a 390 on my wrist, which I cannot get enough of, along with only 1999 other people on the planet and that is the point ( to me anyway). If you really want the watch, buy through this forum, make a new friend Along the way and enjoy what you seek in the knowledge that a fellow risti helped you out!
- Peter

- Peter

rapers
Paneristi
rapers
Paneristi

April 12th, 2012, 12:14 pm #16

Sincerest Regards,

- Peter

Forgive the German pun - Fruehling/Spring.
Couldn't resist the temptation!

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

April 12th, 2012, 12:24 pm #17

- Peter

- Peter