Thought regarding then 305 and 382

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Thought regarding then 305 and 382

Zernike
Paneristi
Zernike
Paneristi

February 25th, 2012, 11:14 am #1

Hi folks,

Your thoughts appreciated.

Other than the bronze casing and the green dial, what are the other differences between these 2 submersibles? Especially in light of the price difference between the 2? Is the 305 a poor man's bronzo!!

Best subs IMO.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Z

jacksonian71
Paneristi

February 25th, 2012, 1:02 pm #2

Other than the case metal, dial color, price, and special edition status of the 382, they are the same watch.

Most people around here call the Helson bronze shark diver the poor man's Bronzo. Or the Magrette is the really poor man's bronze. (no offense to those that own them, I'm not calling anyone poor, it's just a saying that reflects the price point).

nellisc
Paneristi
nellisc
Paneristi

February 25th, 2012, 1:31 pm #3

Hi folks,

Other than the bronze casing and the green dial, what are the other differences between these 2 submersibles? Especially in light of the price difference between the 2? Is the 305 a poor man's bronzo!!

Best subs IMO.

Z
Has the screw bar system.

jacksonian71
Paneristi

February 25th, 2012, 1:43 pm #4

Correct! Can't believe I forgot that. Thanks for correcting me.

fatbreadkwok
Paneristi

February 25th, 2012, 1:52 pm #5

Hi folks,

Best subs IMO.

Z
Other than price, casing, dial colour, special editions, there are three more differences.

1. The strap system: First pic is Pam305, second pic is Pam382

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

2. The weight: Pam305 is 150g whereas Pam382 is 162g
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

3. Its screw: Left is Pam305 whereas right is Pam382
[/IMG]

Victor
HK

Zernike
Paneristi
Zernike
Paneristi

February 25th, 2012, 1:53 pm #6

Correct! Can't believe I forgot that. Thanks for correcting me.

Thanks guys for the inputs.

Would that not mean that the 305 is under priced or the 382 over priced? Please dont flame me, it is the cabernet speaking!!

Also would not be odd in the Panerai lineup to have 2 "overlapping" models, so to speak?

Z

jacksonian71
Paneristi

February 25th, 2012, 2:05 pm #7

I personally think they are both pretty appropriately priced based on themselves. But of course the demand for the 382 makes it effectively way underpriced.

And it's not that uncommon for a Panerai to have models essentially overlap like that. Take the 312 and 351. They are essentially the same except for case material, dial color, hand color.

jacksonian71
Paneristi

February 25th, 2012, 3:01 pm #8

Hahahah, now I reply to posts with my name as the message title!

azcodman
Paneristi
azcodman
Paneristi

February 25th, 2012, 3:59 pm #9

Other than price, casing, dial colour, special editions, there are three more differences.

1. The strap system: First pic is Pam305, second pic is Pam382

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

2. The weight: Pam305 is 150g whereas Pam382 is 162g
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

3. Its screw: Left is Pam305 whereas right is Pam382
[/IMG]

Victor
HK