This might be old news about the 448 and 449 but....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

This might be old news about the 448 and 449 but....

Rock1979
Paneristi
Rock1979
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 7:14 pm #1

the Panerai website now states that the 448 and 449 are going to be in a run of 750 units each. That is great news as far as I'm concerned! Heck, I wouldn't mind if they increased production to 1000 units each. I would love to have the opportunity to purchase both pieces.

Now the next question in my mind is whether the increase in production will mean that some 448s and 449s will find their way to ADs and not just the Boutiques.

JRock

machtigetokus
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 7:17 pm #2

Hadnt heard this yet.... Second the: hope they will find way to AD part.... I for one have absolutely no relationship with boutique however believe that I am pretty good AD customer... Would love to get my hands on either, or both, of these babies.....

Cheers, Joris

***Lo, comandante del tempo***
PAM 111, 233, 339 & 382

RUpanerai
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 7:54 pm #3

the Panerai website now states that the 448 and 449 are going to be in a run of 750 units each. That is great news as far as I'm concerned! Heck, I wouldn't mind if they increased production to 1000 units each. I would love to have the opportunity to purchase both pieces.

Now the next question in my mind is whether the increase in production will mean that some 448s and 449s will find their way to ADs and not just the Boutiques.

JRock

My AD that usually gets everything is not getting any 448s or 449s.

games0n
Paneristi
games0n
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 8:44 pm #4

JRock

OP should just removed it. A turn off

Bruno.M1
Paneristi
Bruno.M1
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 8:46 pm #5

JRock

If I can't buy it at MY AD, I don't care how many they make !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cr4ig
Paneristi
Cr4ig
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 8:55 pm #6

AD's are having a harder and harder time getting stock.

-Craig

As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and
we're gonna make mistakes. ~Mel Brooks

Bruno.M1
Paneristi
Bruno.M1
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 9:10 pm #7

I'm a loyal customer at my AD.
Bought several watches since more than 10 years. A lot of Panerai and others too.

I have a PERFECT relationship with him and I want to keep it

I'm sorry but the arrogance of some brands is getting on my nerves. 10 years ago they were happy if you bought their watches.
today they give you the feeling you should be happy IF you can buy a certain watch, more .... they'll tell you where you MUST buy it.

Sorry but I don't like that

I've been buying / collecting since 20 years and this bothers me a lot.

I almost wish their golden years would end and we can go back into a normal situation, a situation where you don't need to feel honored IF you get that specific watch.

Do you remember the times when the EOD ROO from AP was easy to get with a 15% discount ?
Back then the watches went to enhusiasts .... today they mostly go to speculators . Speculators who order everything they can the day after SIHH. Once delivered they are sold with a big premium.

chaswilbur
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 10:09 pm #8

I feel EXACTLY the same way. My local AD has helped me with so many other things, as well as many of my friends. From little soccer gifts to the teams I coach, to engagement and wedding rings, to fixing 50 year old watches. I'm an AD guy through and through, ergo, my Panerai purchases/budget is affected by the boutique only decisions..

Charlie Wilbur
WAG MORE Bark Less!
Charlie Wilbur
WAG MORE Bark Less!

glet375
Paneristi
glet375
Paneristi

February 7th, 2012, 11:42 pm #9

I couldn't be more thankful that the 372 was a regular release.

Be Well,
Joe

TommyScott
Paneristi
TommyScott
Paneristi

February 8th, 2012, 2:44 am #10

I feel EXACTLY the same way. My local AD has helped me with so many other things, as well as many of my friends. From little soccer gifts to the teams I coach, to engagement and wedding rings, to fixing 50 year old watches. I'm an AD guy through and through, ergo, my Panerai purchases/budget is affected by the boutique only decisions..

Charlie Wilbur
WAG MORE Bark Less!
I have supported my local AD faithfully for years and find it discouraging that Panerai has chosen to circumvent this channel on some of their releases. This will not change my behavior as I will always buy my watches from my AD, it is a relationship that I cherish. Even if I have to go without. I guess the funds for the new 449 I wanted will be allocated for some nice earrings for my wife. A win for the Mrs.!! Or, I believe they still have that JLC Deep Sea unsold, maybe I grab that instead....

sdumperth
Paneristi

February 8th, 2012, 3:14 am #11

JRock

You are tearing up the forum today!

I am so happy to hear this! I have 500 more chances at getting one And you know I want me that 449!!!!

May the force be with you........................Always!

Being "Individual" is SO expensive!

"Always remember, you can't buy class" -Dad

I believe in COMMUNITY, wether you believe in it or me. If you are reading this, then you are community!
Always remember, you can’t buy class. -Dad

Rock1979
Paneristi
Rock1979
Paneristi

February 8th, 2012, 3:58 am #12

Channeling my inner Barams circa 2010 .

Man, I wish he still posted. Every now and then he would make a post that would absolutely crack me up! Great dude.

JRock

sdumperth
Paneristi

February 8th, 2012, 4:13 am #13

I miss him too, and I ask him to get back all the time, but we all need to do our thing as we see it.

[name removed on request], if you are out there, we love ya buddy! Come back home! Trust me, I grew up with 4 brothers and a sister in a three bedroom house, & a family doesn't always get along, but we are still family!

Don't punish the ones who love you with your absence. It's like Christmas with the in-laws: ya just have to do it!

Here is my feeble, public plea: Come Back for Your Friends!

I believe in COMMUNITY, wether you believe in it or me. If you are reading this, then you are community!
Last edited by wilmsenm on May 1st, 2012, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barams
Paneristi
barams
Paneristi

February 8th, 2012, 4:50 am #14

Stop the clock!

55c in the house. Thanks kostas.

Who is this Jim guy?

barams
Paneristi
barams
Paneristi

February 8th, 2012, 4:59 am #15

Channeling my inner Barams circa 2010 .

Man, I wish he still posted. Every now and then he would make a post that would absolutely crack me up! Great dude.

JRock

Rock1979
Paneristi
Rock1979
Paneristi

February 8th, 2012, 5:04 am #16

Stop the clock!

Who is this Jim guy?

The lucky 55c. That's a Vegas watch if there ever was one . I haven't seen the mint green stitch one yet. Cool, but can't beat the strap in the second pic. That's the money strap.

JRock

Rock1979
Paneristi
Rock1979
Paneristi

February 8th, 2012, 5:11 am #17

Damn those are good .

JRock

sdumperth
Paneristi

February 8th, 2012, 5:17 am #18

Stop the clock!

Who is this Jim guy?

How the hell did you have time to post this and message me!? You are a lyrical gangsta!!

Welcome Back!!!!!!!!!

sdumperth
Paneristi

February 8th, 2012, 5:55 am #19

Damn those are good .

JRock

Dont dig on the swine!

sdumperth
Paneristi

February 8th, 2012, 6:41 am #20

Stop the clock!

Who is this Jim guy?

Spell correct.

I meant Gim Jsu!