So, What have been the best releases of 2011?

So, What have been the best releases of 2011?

torromoto
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 11:34 am #1

I for one vote, and think it will be hard to debate (but we can try hahahaha) that it's the 390 and the 372. Never seen any post luminor with so much DNA and power...Any thoughts and pics ofcourse?

Cheers Guillermo

Watchman1957
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 12:54 pm #2

The best 2011 releases? The fact that 2 Pre V holder's that you never thought would sell their exceptional NM's, decides they will sell for exceptional and very reasonable prices.

torromoto
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 1:50 pm #3

You agree with me or? I am not updated on what you are saying so I don't really know what you are trying to say...

Cheers Guillermo

watchfan2005
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 2:01 pm #4

I for one vote, and think it will be hard to debate (but we can try hahahaha) that it's the 390 and the 372. Never seen any post luminor with so much DNA and power...Any thoughts and pics ofcourse?

Cheers Guillermo
BTW. Good to see you back around, Guillermo !

Cheers,

Christian

Watchman1957
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 2:25 pm #5

You agree with me or? I am not updated on what you are saying so I don't really know what you are trying to say...

Cheers Guillermo
I like the Pre V's, the Pre A9, the 21 and the 203. The last 3 being the only watches that I would consider owning that Richemont has ever issued. Everything else issued by Richemont has been and is just fluff to increase their profit margin.

jacksonian71
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 2:28 pm #6

Cheers Guillermo
382 Bronzo. I know it's not the classic DNA of the 372, but it's innovative yet timeless with that bronze case.

Watchman1957
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 2:35 pm #7

I like the Pre V's, the Pre A9, the 21 and the 203. The last 3 being the only watches that I would consider owning that Richemont has ever issued. Everything else issued by Richemont has been and is just fluff to increase their profit margin.
Just to clarify here are 2 and once back home I'll post a pic of my 3rd NM I picked up last month. Why buy fluff when you can save up and buy these that will always keep their value.

FrankV1
Paneristi
FrankV1
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 2:50 pm #8

382 Bronzo. I know it's not the classic DNA of the 372, but it's innovative yet timeless with that bronze case.

Il Duomo Firenze

Gregesq
Paneristi
Gregesq
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 2:59 pm #9

Cheers Guillermo
But I will cast my vote for the understated, under the radar... 368. Light from Ti. Elegant with its gold hands and reserved font. Big ol' 47 with a lovely dome. And a destro! What's not to love.
OK I know the 372 is aces, but yanno, if you can't be with the one you love... "Love the One You're With."

Gregesq
Paneristi
Gregesq
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 3:18 pm #10

I may be reading your post wrong. If so, I apologize. But what I inferred from your post is that all the in-house movements, the 127, 217, 249; etc. etc. are all "fluff" and that the only watches worth buying are the ones you've listed? In doing that, you are denigrating not only Panerai, which has seen exponential growth, innovation, and success, but also the hundreds of people on this forum whom you imply are suckers for buying the product? Bold statement, indeed. Perhaps you will reconsider.
Greg

Asimut
Paneristi
Asimut
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 3:26 pm #11

Cheers Guillermo
My heart goes with the 382,,,,,,no rationality because the 372 is very important (new and smart case) while the 390 shows how simplicity can work wonders.

I know Bronze may be a fad, but it is so 'Marine' and gives us that patina (if not verdigris) that we all love.

Cheers and best from the holyland,

~Asi~

<a href="http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h306/ ... d.jpg"></a>

azcodman
Paneristi
azcodman
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 3:28 pm #12

Cheers Guillermo
But mostly because you allow for us to choose more than one!

When I first saw the photos of the 382, that was my favorite and I immediately emailed that dude at the BHB! And when I got to see it in person at our local AD in Scottsdale, it was every bit as cool in person.

Of course the 372 was there and while I "liked" it, I wasn't blown away until a short while later when I got to see and handle a vintage piece owned by a local collector. That piece absolutely did blow me away and I could immediately see where all the fuss was over the 372. The bank account will have to suffer as I now wanted one of these as well!

The three precious metal Radiomirs were unbelievably beautiful and for those who can afford them, I could almost understand why Panerai offered them in a set; how do you choose only one?

Then the strangest release comes along (390) many months later and while it took me a few days to appreciate what a home run this is, I am so happy to have received this wonderful piece. Since getting it on 11/23, it's been on my wrist every day except for two!

So enough blabber, my favorites for 2011 are all of the above pieces I've listed, but since I have one of them and may only get one other, it's a tossup between the 372 and 382.

Keith

OP201A
Paneristi
OP201A
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 3:37 pm #13

But I will cast my vote for the understated, under the radar... 368. Light from Ti. Elegant with its gold hands and reserved font. Big ol' 47 with a lovely dome. And a destro! What's not to love.
OK I know the 372 is aces, but yanno, if you can't be with the one you love... "Love the One You're With."

Cheers,
Tuscanii

torromoto
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 3:38 pm #14

Just to clarify here are 2 and once back home I'll post a pic of my 3rd NM I picked up last month. Why buy fluff when you can save up and buy these that will always keep their value.

without reason. Those are beautiful pieces but not everyone can just save up and buy one of these Robert. Also The Old Panerai only produced about 1800 watches from 1993 to 1997, so if price wouldn't be an issue there are just not enough around for everyone.... The old Panerai left some very big shoes to fill and without doubt PANERAI's (Richemont) biggest hits are their replicas of the watches made by the "OLD" Panerai...For some reason we find the simplicity of the older models more appealing and we are willing to pay $$$$ for that. It's quite strange or better said "UNIQUE" that risti's are willing to pay so much money for an ETA based watch. Lets take the 390..ETA based at EURO3400 and a real bargain right? Why? Because it's a PANERAI..I wouldn't spend more then EURO300 on any other ETA based brand..

Cheers Guillermo

Asimut
Paneristi
Asimut
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 3:42 pm #15

Some of us just love them, old, new etc.

Are you sure your purchase is not because you LOVE those pre-V beauties? Who guarantees anything about a watch that retailed for $1500

Anyway, I completely understand your opinion and respect it but don't write off the others. I know some vintage collectors who will not understand your preferences.

Peace and have fun!

Cheers and best from the holyland,

~Asi~

<a href="http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h306/ ... d.jpg"></a>

jacksonian71
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 3:47 pm #16

To each his own my friend. But maybe we shouldn't make value judgments on others' choices. I know you've been involved in many debates about this issue on the Rolex forum and many people would say that you were foolish to pay a 50-60 fold markup on an old watch that is disintegrating. Now, I wouldn't say that as I love those pieces. But the argument can certainly be made. So we'll be happy for you and your fabulous collection. But maybe you could return the favor and be happy for others and what they've chosen.

And here's my fluffy wrist shot for Friday:

machtigetokus
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 3:58 pm #17

Cheers, Joris

***Lo, comandante del tempo***
PAM111, 233 & 339

machtigetokus
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 3:59 pm #18

To each his own my friend. But maybe we shouldn't make value judgments on others' choices. I know you've been involved in many debates about this issue on the Rolex forum and many people would say that you were foolish to pay a 50-60 fold markup on an old watch that is disintegrating. Now, I wouldn't say that as I love those pieces. But the argument can certainly be made. So we'll be happy for you and your fabulous collection. But maybe you could return the favor and be happy for others and what they've chosen.

Cheers, Joris

***Lo, comandante del tempo***
PAM111, 233 & 339

jacksonian71
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 4:09 pm #19

It's actually Thursday's wrist shot apparently.

RUpanerai
Paneristi

December 15th, 2011, 4:11 pm #20

Cheers Guillermo
Both of which are my favorites of this years collection.

With that being said, Panerai releases so many great watches this year its hard to top this year.

373 - Winner, 382 - Winner, 368 - Winner, two other Precious metal Rads - Also Winning!!!!

I think they came out with TOO many fabulous pieces this year and it is diluting their brand... save some of them for next year!!!!

I know Panerai collectors are growing, and growing quickly but how are we supposed to keep up!