.............So, I had an interesting visit at the NY Richemont service center......

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

.............So, I had an interesting visit at the NY Richemont service center......

AurelioS
Paneristi
AurelioS
Paneristi

January 30th, 2008, 4:29 pm #1

I had the opportunity to stop in and visit John Sokol, Director - Richemont Service, this week at the NY
facility. For those that don't know yet, they are relocating the center to the Dallas area; Richemont
is looking to consolidate everything into 1 location. And moving to Texas is much more cost-effective,
as anyone who knows NY real estate, they can get a much bigger center for the same $$. Also, now
ALL of Richemont's offerings will be taken care of here - including pens and other nick-nacks ~

I was there to pick up a watch that was recently serviced (a special favor, since John and I got to
know each other too well over the months from a watch he was working on for me), and we had some time
to chat a bit. Some interesting tidbits:

1) I asked about available stock of tritium parts for older watches. Essentially, they are running
out and once they're out - that's it. In their computer system, they have already ear-marked luminova
replacement parts for all "A" series stock, once out.

2) When asking John how WE can help his team get our watches processed and thru the system better,
he had a few suggestions:

* Be specific... Instead of saying "my watch is running too fast", say "my watch is running 2 mins fast PER DAY"

* Be accurate... some folks say "Oh, my watch is clean and doesn't have any scratches...", when
in fact it looked like it was dropped in a blender. Hey, polishing is INCLUDED in a general service - so
why stretch things?

* Include your contact info... there are still those sending in watches without any phone or e-mail
contact info. Yes, really.

3) He just hired 2 watchmakers that will be working on Panerai solely. A big point, since he originally
had 5. Then it was down to 4 for a few months, because not everyone was looking to relocate to
Texas. Well, he has those 2 starting next week, and will have 6 total (for Panerai only) going forward...
a big boost for them!

4) 2 of the 6 will be working on the in-house P.200x movements only; others will be eventually trained with
those, as they work their way 'up the ladder'. John said the newer guys had to 'earn their way' up, to be
allowed to work on those puppies - thought that was cool

5) A seperate group will be resposible for diagnostics - reviewing/confirming what actually IS wrong with
the item - starting once they're in Texas. Currently, the watchmakers are taken away from their usual
duties to handle that also. With this change, that will let the team get back to focusing on getting watches
out faster.

6) Some interesting numbers: About 275 Panerai's make it in each month; comparable numbers from JLC and IWC.
VC - about half. Cartier? 2 1/2 times as much! Simply because of sheer volume of Cartier pieces out in the wild.
Also keep in mind, there's a good amount of pieces sent in for polishing only. Overall, they are taking in about
50-55 pieces per day... ooof!

7) Goal is to get 90% of the watches sent in, returned back to customers within 3 weeks. Currently, it's not
too good (he was embarrassed to admit it, but also PO'd at the same time - he understands our frustrations
of long service times), but the loss of one watchmaker, and the move, has hampered their turnaround capabilities.
Figure, in a very short time (end of February?) - once they settle in and have all 6 cranking - they'll be on track
to reach that goal.

Lastly, the new location:

Effective Jan 01, 2008 - watches are now to be shipped to the new Texas location for service. The new address
for Panerai repairs will be:

PASC
15100 Trinity Blvd, Suite 300
Fort Worth, TX 76155

The toll free number for Panerai is: 866-374-4430

This number is currently connected to New York, and will be in full use starting this Friday (2/1/08)
at the Texas Location. Yee-haww!

Also, as an "fyi" - Tony G. will still be with the Richemont family, however he will not be joining John
in Ft. Worth. There will be a service manager assigned over the next week or 2, but that's up in the air for
now.

Cheers!
A.

*** PS. Would a moderator please revise my prior service posting in the archives? Thanks

What would Bruce do?

Screaming In An Elevator!

davilo
Paneristi
davilo
Paneristi

January 30th, 2008, 4:36 pm #2

<nt>

-David
(South Shore MA USA)

Irritum ut totus wankers!

fishbulb_nyc
Paneristi

January 30th, 2008, 4:44 pm #3

I had the opportunity to stop in and visit John Sokol, Director - Richemont Service, this week at the NY
facility. For those that don't know yet, they are relocating the center to the Dallas area; Richemont
is looking to consolidate everything into 1 location. And moving to Texas is much more cost-effective,
as anyone who knows NY real estate, they can get a much bigger center for the same $$. Also, now
ALL of Richemont's offerings will be taken care of here - including pens and other nick-nacks ~

I was there to pick up a watch that was recently serviced (a special favor, since John and I got to
know each other too well over the months from a watch he was working on for me), and we had some time

1) I asked about available stock of tritium parts for older watches. Essentially, they are running
out and once they're out - that's it. In their computer system, they have already ear-marked luminova

2) When asking John how WE can help his team get our watches processed and thru the system better,

* Be specific... Instead of saying "my watch is running too fast", say "my watch is running 2 mins fast PER DAY"

* Be accurate... some folks say "Oh, my watch is clean and doesn't have any scratches...", when
in fact it looked like it was dropped in a blender. Hey, polishing is INCLUDED in a general service - so
why stretch things?

* Include your contact info... there are still those sending in watches without any phone or e-mail

3) He just hired 2 watchmakers that will be working on Panerai solely. A big point, since he originally
had 5. Then it was down to 4 for a few months, because not everyone was looking to relocate to
Texas. Well, he has those 2 starting next week, and will have 6 total (for Panerai only) going forward...
a big boost for them!

4) 2 of the 6 will be working on the in-house P.200x movements only; others will be eventually trained with
those, as they work their way 'up the ladder'. John said the newer guys had to 'earn their way' up, to be

5) A seperate group will be resposible for diagnostics - reviewing/confirming what actually IS wrong with
the item - starting once they're in Texas. Currently, the watchmakers are taken away from their usual
duties to handle that also. With this change, that will let the team get back to focusing on getting watches
out faster.

6) Some interesting numbers: About 275 Panerai's make it in each month; comparable numbers from JLC and IWC.
VC - about half. Cartier? 2 1/2 times as much! Simply because of sheer volume of Cartier pieces out in the wild.
Also keep in mind, there's a good amount of pieces sent in for polishing only. Overall, they are taking in about

7) Goal is to get 90% of the watches sent in, returned back to customers within 3 weeks. Currently, it's not
too good (he was embarrassed to admit it, but also PO'd at the same time - he understands our frustrations
of long service times), but the loss of one watchmaker, and the move, has hampered their turnaround capabilities.
Figure, in a very short time (end of February?) - once they settle in and have all 6 cranking - they'll be on track
to reach that goal.

Effective Jan 01, 2008 - watches are now to be shipped to the new Texas location for service. The new address

PASC
Fort Worth, TX 76155

This number is currently connected to New York, and will be in full use starting this Friday (2/1/08)

Also, as an "fyi" - Tony G. will still be with the Richemont family, however he will not be joining John
in Ft. Worth. There will be a service manager assigned over the next week or 2, but that's up in the air for
now.

Cheers!
A.

*** PS. Would a moderator please revise my prior service posting in the archives? Thanks

What would Bruce do?

Good news it sounds like - and very informative!

---
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro! - HST
PAM 88J PAM 005J PAM 112G PAM 233J

Feisar
Paneristi
Feisar
Paneristi

January 30th, 2008, 5:00 pm #4

why stretch things?

a big boost for them!

out faster.

to reach that goal.

PASC
Fort Worth, TX 76155

now.

Cheers!
A.

What would Bruce do?

I'm always mesmerized by all the girls in your sig photo XD

ReTTo11
Paneristi
ReTTo11
Paneristi

January 30th, 2008, 5:16 pm #5

why stretch things?

a big boost for them!

out faster.

to reach that goal.

PASC
Fort Worth, TX 76155

now.

Cheers!
A.

What would Bruce do?

"Include your contact info... there are still those sending in watches without any phone or e-mail
contact info. Yes, really."

Bro... I wish you would have posted this before I sent my "Blinig" Glycine in to have the crown replaced.... What an embarassing phone call.... "So would you like the watch returned or were you sending it to us for disposal...?" OOPS!!!

Hope you are well bro...

ReTTo
Chicago

Mojua
Paneristi
Mojua
Paneristi

January 30th, 2008, 5:27 pm #6

why stretch things?

a big boost for them!

out faster.

to reach that goal.

PASC
Fort Worth, TX 76155

now.

Cheers!
A.

What would Bruce do?

Awesome post Aurelio, Great info!

As a follow up to your comments about the new service center in TX, I'd like to add that I recently had my first experience with them, and it was excellent!

My 112 had been "running fast" for a few weeks...so I contacted my AD (Royal in Andover, MA), and they told me to bring the watch in so they could ship it off to TX for service...I was initially skeptical, but ultimately agreed.

My watch was shipped to TX on Monday, January 7. Exactly one week later I received an email from Panerai requesting a copy of my sales receipt and/or warranty card. I scanned both, and emailed them back the same day. Less than two weeks after that (Jan 25), I got a call from Royal saying my watch was back, and ready to be picked up...

The watch was returned in exactly the same physical condition as I had sent it (a good thing), and it's been working perfectly ever since...less than 3 weeks total, great service, excellent results, kudos to Panerai!

Marc_Cap
Paneristi
Marc_Cap
Paneristi

January 30th, 2008, 6:06 pm #7

"Include your contact info... there are still those sending in watches without any phone or e-mail
contact info. Yes, really."

Bro... I wish you would have posted this before I sent my "Blinig" Glycine in to have the crown replaced.... What an embarassing phone call.... "So would you like the watch returned or were you sending it to us for disposal...?" OOPS!!!

Hope you are well bro...

ReTTo
Chicago
LOL Sorry bro I couldn't resist

Upstate New York

ravi76
Paneristi
ravi76
Paneristi

January 30th, 2008, 6:09 pm #8

why stretch things?

a big boost for them!

out faster.

to reach that goal.

PASC
Fort Worth, TX 76155

now.

Cheers!
A.

What would Bruce do?

ReTTo11
Paneristi
ReTTo11
Paneristi

January 30th, 2008, 6:13 pm #9

LOL Sorry bro I couldn't resist

Upstate New York
I think the story was that it was so perfect that they knew they could never create another in the same caliber so they didn't even try.... Am I close? lol

ReTTo
Chicago

Hamerai
Paneristi
Hamerai
Paneristi

January 30th, 2008, 7:00 pm #10

Dude. The service guy wasn't giving you lip...

it was a mercy call.

VIVA La HAMSTERS!!

goldie_1
Paneristi
goldie_1
Paneristi

January 30th, 2008, 7:11 pm #11

why stretch things?

a big boost for them!

out faster.

to reach that goal.

PASC
Fort Worth, TX 76155

now.

Cheers!
A.

What would Bruce do?

Really interesting and helpful "insider" stuff. thanks for sharing the info.

ReTTo11
Paneristi
ReTTo11
Paneristi

January 30th, 2008, 7:31 pm #12

Dude. The service guy wasn't giving you lip...

it was a mercy call.

VIVA La HAMSTERS!!
you are probably right... that's why he told me such a hi amount for the service charge too!! He was hoping i would say... just burn it!

LMAO bro!

ReTTo
Chicago

RichM-RI
Paneristi
RichM-RI
Paneristi

January 30th, 2008, 7:54 pm #13

why stretch things?

a big boost for them!

out faster.

to reach that goal.

PASC
Fort Worth, TX 76155

now.

Cheers!
A.

What would Bruce do?

nt.

Bristol, Rhode Island USA

BobbR3
Paneristi
BobbR3
Paneristi

January 30th, 2008, 8:18 pm #14

why stretch things?

a big boost for them!

out faster.

to reach that goal.

PASC
Fort Worth, TX 76155

now.

Cheers!
A.

What would Bruce do?

You are to be commended for your fact-finding efforts and for sharing this with all of us! Thanks a bunch! It's so much better to get the skinny from a name and a face within the operation.

Bravo!

Bobb

Deptford, New Jersey
(Suburban Philadelphia)
USA

"Senza stile, la velocita` non e niente."

craig356
Paneristi
craig356
Paneristi

January 30th, 2008, 9:24 pm #15

why stretch things?

a big boost for them!

out faster.

to reach that goal.

PASC
Fort Worth, TX 76155

now.

Cheers!
A.

What would Bruce do?

nt

ERSanchez
Paneristi

January 30th, 2008, 10:07 pm #16

why stretch things?

a big boost for them!

out faster.

to reach that goal.

PASC
Fort Worth, TX 76155

now.

Cheers!
A.

What would Bruce do?

.... especially the info about running out of tritium parts. Good to know before going in what the currect situation is.

Thanks so much for sharing this info.

I have to admit, I'm pretty excited about Panerai moving to Texas. They will only be a few miles from where I work and live. Not to say that I would be able to walk right in and get my watches serviced, but at least it's not traveling half way across the nation before it's in the hands of the person that is going to work on it.

Big moves and exciting times ahead for Panerai.

Cheers Everyone!

Eddie Sanchez

P U R A V I D A !

Though we might have precious little, it's still precious.

cosmicmike
Paneristi

January 30th, 2008, 10:24 pm #17

why stretch things?

a big boost for them!

out faster.

to reach that goal.

PASC
Fort Worth, TX 76155

now.

Cheers!
A.

What would Bruce do?

The service department takes a lot of heat, but John Sokol is one class act. Like Aurelio, I had the opportunity to work with John on a watch "project" a few years back. He was a gentleman and a scholar and we have kept in touch since. I'm thrilled he's moving to Fort Worth and happy for him and his family!

cosmicmike
232, 27, 113
Big D

samen
Paneristi
samen
Paneristi

January 31st, 2008, 12:08 am #18

why stretch things?

a big boost for them!

out faster.

to reach that goal.

PASC
Fort Worth, TX 76155

now.

Cheers!
A.

What would Bruce do?

orologisti
Paneristi

January 31st, 2008, 12:55 am #19

why stretch things?

a big boost for them!

out faster.

to reach that goal.

PASC
Fort Worth, TX 76155

now.

Cheers!
A.

What would Bruce do?

k_rerkpooritat
Paneristi

January 31st, 2008, 4:36 am #20

why stretch things?

a big boost for them!

out faster.

to reach that goal.

PASC
Fort Worth, TX 76155

now.

Cheers!
A.

What would Bruce do?

"PAM"...Love at the first sight
Thai Paneristi