SIHH Panerai report (please allow time for all photos to load) >>>>>>

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

SIHH Panerai report (please allow time for all photos to load) >>>>>>

nadh3n
Paneristi
nadh3n
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2011, 4:09 pm #1

My trip to SIHH was not as direct as most would have flown.

I flew to Shanghai from Montreal, drove to Ningbo, flew to HK for a couple of days, and then finally Royal Jordanian to Switzerland with a transit connection in Amman

At HK airport!

Boarding

Settling in!

Almost there!

I arrived in Amman at 5AM and had the chance to see the sun rise

Lounge:

Time for my connecting flight to Zurich:

Yummy, very familiar snack

Arriving in Zurich where I met up with some buddies for drinks/dinner!

I had an early train the next morning to Lausanne for meeting and had to wait for the Starbucks to finally open:

At the IOC in Lausanne:

The first evening was dedicated to IWC with a gala invitation. here are some pix with some of the special guests in attendance

I was ready the following morning and just needed a little espresso to kick start the day

At SIHH:

There are so many people I want to thank for the wonderful opportunity to be invited to see the new releases......

Jean-Sebastien, Grace, Vivian, and Stefano, among others who I had the pleasure to meet during my visit!!!!

Stefano was the perfect host, showing me all the models and patiently waiting while I managed all the photos I wanted to take, "grazie Stefano"!!!!!

So, here we go.....................

PAM 382 Luminor Submersible 1950 3 Day Automatic Bronzo - 47mm - LE 1000 pieces (est. Euro 7,300.00)

I made a New Year's resolution to buy only one (1) Panerai from the 2011 collection, and THIS is the one!!!!!

The character of the case, which will continue to evolve with time, and the uniquely different dial color, all add up to make this watch the most unique intro of the year, IMO!

There are two (2) new Destro models this year - Left PAM 354 Luminor 1950 Chrono Monopulsante Left-Handed 8 Days Titanio - 44mm Special Edition 150 pieces - Right PAM 368 Lumino 1950 Left-Handed 8 Days Titanio - 47mm Special Edition 1,000 pieces

A little off-topic, here is a 7 month old "Assolutamente Antique Brown" strap as the one that come with the 339......I would have never guessed!!

On Stefano's watch!

The 2011 PAM 371 Luminor Submersible 1950 Regatta 3 Day GMT Auto Titanio 47mm

My only complaint here is that the GMT is only 12h instead of the more useful 24h indication!

OK OK, here it is, the one most of you have been waiting for

PAM 372 Luminor 1950 3 Days 47mm

Word is, as previously mentioned, that the first series will be 3000 pieces in regular production, with a scond series planned.

The watch looks great and wears very comfortable.

Check out the side profile with the lines reminiscent of the Rad case:

The markings have been moved to the lugs:

The beautiful looking P3000 movement:

THE strap!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stefano told me that he traveled Tuscany visiting many tanneries before selecting this one. It is an incredible strap with a wonderful patina:

I'm trying to convince myself that I want the 372, although I already have the 127!

What do you think?

PAM 375 Luminor Composite 1950 3 Days 47mm described in the new catalogue as "..in a unique numbered edition of 2,000 examples..."

THIS would be my second selection if I were to break down in a moment of weakness and buy a second Panerai!!!!!!

It is lightweight and will need some getting used to, but it's a cool looking watch and looks great on the wrist, although not very versatile, IMO!

Here's a comparison of the worn and new strap I mentioned earlier.........

Me and Grace Yeung, Communications Director, Panerai Asia Pacific

The trio of precious metals

PAM 373 Radiomir 3 Days Platino 47mm limited to 199 pieces!

This is heavy hardware!!!!

The dial configuration is inspired by a prototype that you will see later in the report.

PAM 379 Radiomir 3 Days ORO Rosa 47mm

PAM376 Radiomir 3 Days Oro Bianco 47mm

PAM 378 Radiomir Oro Rosa 42mm

PAM 384 Radiomir 8 Days Ceramica 45mm

With the smoked sapphire back

PAM380 Radiomir Blackseal Logo 45mm

PAM 386 Luminor Composite Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic 44mm

PAM 356 Luminor Chrono Daylight 44mm

Surprise, I love this new dial variation!!!!! The patina markers and the subtle Grey Daylight and minute trach really work harmoniously on this watch, WOW!!!!!!

Comparison for the lume patine:

My camera was open and this was framed in the viewfinder, so I just clicked the button, LOL!!!!!!!!!

PAM 369 Radiomir Chronograph 42mm

Here are some photos from the window displays on the outside of the booth!

It was a wonderful experience to be able to see and try on all these watches.

I hope you enjoyed the presentation as much as I have, and thanks for looking!!!!

Montreal, Canada

Paneristiadmin
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2011, 4:13 pm #2

barams
Paneristi
barams
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2011, 4:14 pm #3

I flew to Shanghai from Montreal, drove to Ningbo, flew to HK for a couple of days, and then finally Royal Jordanian to Switzerland with a transit connection in Amman

At HK airport!

Boarding

Settling in!

Almost there!

Lounge:

I had an early train the next morning to Lausanne for meeting and had to wait for the Starbucks to finally open:

At the IOC in Lausanne:

The first evening was dedicated to IWC with a gala invitation. here are some pix with some of the special guests in attendance

I was ready the following morning and just needed a little espresso to kick start the day

At SIHH:

There are so many people I want to thank for the wonderful opportunity to be invited to see the new releases......

Jean-Sebastien, Grace, Vivian, and Stefano, among others who I had the pleasure to meet during my visit!!!!

Stefano was the perfect host, showing me all the models and patiently waiting while I managed all the photos I wanted to take, "grazie Stefano"!!!!!

PAM 382 Luminor Submersible 1950 3 Day Automatic Bronzo - 47mm - LE 1000 pieces (est. Euro 7,300.00)

I made a New Year's resolution to buy only one (1) Panerai from the 2011 collection, and THIS is the one!!!!!

The character of the case, which will continue to evolve with time, and the uniquely different dial color, all add up to make this watch the most unique intro of the year, IMO!

There are two (2) new Destro models this year - Left PAM 354 Luminor 1950 Chrono Monopulsante Left-Handed 8 Days Titanio - 44mm Special Edition 150 pieces - Right PAM 368 Lumino 1950 Left-Handed 8 Days Titanio - 47mm Special Edition 1,000 pieces

A little off-topic, here is a 7 month old "Assolutamente Antique Brown" strap as the one that come with the 339......I would have never guessed!!

On Stefano's watch!

My only complaint here is that the GMT is only 12h instead of the more useful 24h indication!

Word is, as previously mentioned, that the first series will be 3000 pieces in regular production, with a scond series planned.

THE strap!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stefano told me that he traveled Tuscany visiting many tanneries before selecting this one. It is an incredible strap with a wonderful patina:

I'm trying to convince myself that I want the 372, although I already have the 127!

What do you think?

PAM 375 Luminor Composite 1950 3 Days 47mm described in the new catalogue as "..in a unique numbered edition of 2,000 examples..."

THIS would be my second selection if I were to break down in a moment of weakness and buy a second Panerai!!!!!!

It is lightweight and will need some getting used to, but it's a cool looking watch and looks great on the wrist, although not very versatile, IMO!

The dial configuration is inspired by a prototype that you will see later in the report.

Surprise, I love this new dial variation!!!!! The patina markers and the subtle Grey Daylight and minute trach really work harmoniously on this watch, WOW!!!!!!

My camera was open and this was framed in the viewfinder, so I just clicked the button, LOL!!!!!!!!!

I hope you enjoyed the presentation as much as I have, and thanks for looking!!!!

Montreal, Canada

nujney
Paneristi
nujney
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2011, 4:20 pm #4

At HK airport!

Boarding

Settling in!

Almost there!

Lounge:

At the IOC in Lausanne:

At SIHH:

On Stefano's watch!

THE strap!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Montreal, Canada
Thanks for shaing, Nad.

VolkerWiegmann
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2011, 4:25 pm #5

At HK airport!

Boarding

Settling in!

Almost there!

Lounge:

At the IOC in Lausanne:

At SIHH:

On Stefano's watch!

THE strap!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Montreal, Canada
representin' the DNA of Panerai

JohnSim
Paneristi
JohnSim
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2011, 4:27 pm #6

At HK airport!

Boarding

Settling in!

Almost there!

Lounge:

At the IOC in Lausanne:

At SIHH:

On Stefano's watch!

THE strap!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Montreal, Canada

-------------------------
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face - GT

SOCA
Paneristi
SOCA
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2011, 4:33 pm #7

At HK airport!

Boarding

Settling in!

Almost there!

Lounge:

At the IOC in Lausanne:

At SIHH:

On Stefano's watch!

THE strap!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Montreal, Canada
Thanks Nad. Now the yearning begins.

J-F.
Paneristi
J-F.
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2011, 4:34 pm #8

At HK airport!

Boarding

Settling in!

Almost there!

Lounge:

At the IOC in Lausanne:

At SIHH:

On Stefano's watch!

THE strap!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Montreal, Canada

kevbm
Paneristi
kevbm
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2011, 4:36 pm #9

At HK airport!

Boarding

Settling in!

Almost there!

Lounge:

At the IOC in Lausanne:

At SIHH:

On Stefano's watch!

THE strap!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Montreal, Canada
Looks like you had a good time. Hopefully the production of the 372 continues for at least the short run, so the lovers here can get a chance at owning one (me included ).

Thanks for the report and pictures! All the best, Nad.

Paul-Belgium
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2011, 4:36 pm #10

At HK airport!

Boarding

Settling in!

Almost there!

Lounge:

At the IOC in Lausanne:

At SIHH:

On Stefano's watch!

THE strap!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Montreal, Canada
HAGWE

Polo

kenkan
Paneristi
kenkan
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2011, 4:37 pm #11

At HK airport!

Boarding

Settling in!

Almost there!

Lounge:

At the IOC in Lausanne:

At SIHH:

On Stefano's watch!

THE strap!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Montreal, Canada
Really enjoy all the postings and share for the love of the latest models shown,Nad

Once again, thank you very much,cheers!

Regards

KenKan

porsche-964
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2011, 4:44 pm #12

At HK airport!

Boarding

Settling in!

Almost there!

Lounge:

At the IOC in Lausanne:

At SIHH:

On Stefano's watch!

THE strap!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Montreal, Canada

GeoffHess
Paneristi
GeoffHess
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2011, 4:45 pm #13

At HK airport!

Boarding

Settling in!

Almost there!

Lounge:

At the IOC in Lausanne:

At SIHH:

On Stefano's watch!

THE strap!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Montreal, Canada
Sensational report Nad...Thanks for this (n/t)

mrpanerai
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2011, 4:46 pm #14

At HK airport!

Boarding

Settling in!

Almost there!

Lounge:

At the IOC in Lausanne:

At SIHH:

On Stefano's watch!

THE strap!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Montreal, Canada
Thanks!

Altra220
Paneristi
Altra220
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2011, 4:48 pm #15

At HK airport!

Boarding

Settling in!

Almost there!

Lounge:

At the IOC in Lausanne:

At SIHH:

On Stefano's watch!

THE strap!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Montreal, Canada
Thank you Nad!

Denver, Colorado

patrick-belgium
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2011, 4:49 pm #16

At HK airport!

Boarding

Settling in!

Almost there!

Lounge:

At the IOC in Lausanne:

At SIHH:

On Stefano's watch!

THE strap!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Montreal, Canada
P@trick

____________s§§§§ss.__.ss§§§§§§§§§ss.
____________³§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§s.
_____________§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§s
_____________§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§O§§§§§s
____________s§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§s§§§§§§s
___________s§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§³§§§§§³³³³³'
__________s§§§§§§§§§§§§§§³³³'
__________§§§§§§§§§§§§³³';;;;;;;;;;;;;
_________s§§§§§§§§§³³'
________s§§§§§§§§³
________§§§§§§³'
________§§§§§'
________§§§§'
________§§§'
________§§§
________§§§§ssss
______s§§§§§§§§§§§s,
_____s§§§§§§§³³³'
____§§§§³³³'
___§

NachoM
Paneristi
NachoM
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2011, 4:51 pm #17

At HK airport!

Boarding

Settling in!

Almost there!

Lounge:

At the IOC in Lausanne:

At SIHH:

On Stefano's watch!

THE strap!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Montreal, Canada
Sorry that I couldnt make it and finally meet!
Already booked my flights to Montreal in 3 weeks!

ggfnyclic
New User
ggfnyclic
New User

January 23rd, 2011, 4:58 pm #18

At HK airport!

Boarding

Settling in!

Almost there!

Lounge:

At the IOC in Lausanne:

At SIHH:

On Stefano's watch!

THE strap!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Montreal, Canada
great pics , thanks for sharing ....368 and 372 are the
two that are on my shop list !!

best rgds Grahame.

Yu-YingNg
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2011, 4:59 pm #19

At HK airport!

Boarding

Settling in!

Almost there!

Lounge:

At the IOC in Lausanne:

At SIHH:

On Stefano's watch!

THE strap!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Montreal, Canada

Best regards,
Yu-Ying Ng
T'ang Quartet

adman7
Paneristi
adman7
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2011, 5:00 pm #20

At HK airport!

Boarding

Settling in!

Almost there!

Lounge:

At the IOC in Lausanne:

At SIHH:

On Stefano's watch!

THE strap!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Montreal, Canada
nt

THE BEAT OF NEW YORK from tim hahne on Vimeo.