*** SIHH 2012: SIHH Live Report, part 5

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

*** SIHH 2012: SIHH Live Report, part 5

hkgweilo
Paneristi
hkgweilo
Paneristi

January 16th, 2012, 5:28 pm #1

Ok...onto some of the other SE's...

Let's start with the red (rosso) 8-days rad...this is a special one for me. I'm not normally a rose/red gold kind of guy, but this one works for me...in a big way.

I'll let Asi go into the intricacies of the alloy, but I'm told that Panerai is using a new formula for all the 'red gold'/rosso models. This includes the addition of platinum into the mix to give the gold a bluish hue (Gush said it reminded him of rose gold + tantalum).

Also, this model features a skeletonized in-house movement that is simply stunning. My apologies, I was so enamored with the movement I realize I forget to take a picture of the dial!

Then, of course we have the 398 and 399. This 6152-like model is as beautiful in the flesh as it looks in the press photo. Featuring that big, thick (rolex-style) crown, it's something a lot of us have been waiting years for.

Panerai chose to power this one with a Minerva/OP XXVII calibre. Silky-smooth and an exquisite level of finishing.

As has been noted, production will be very limited on this one, with only 100 pcs of each of the Steel and Red Gold models and half of those will be sold as a set. (For those interested, the box for the set will be a giant one like that came with the PAM300 or the recent 3-watch precious metal rad set).

Prices were indicated to be around US$29k for the steel version and nearly double that for the gold version. This will certainly price it out of many budgets but who knows what may be around the corner??

On the wrist, I would say it certainly wears similarly to the 372, but with the absence of the crown guard, I think the 47mm size feels smaller overall.

I've always wanted a 6152/1 sans crown guard and this one nearly fits the bill!

WOW...me want...me want...me want...

There's still a few other new models, but those will come later...

Creativez
Paneristi
Creativez
Paneristi

January 16th, 2012, 5:45 pm #2

got hit with the price tage of 29k USD

TruRadiomier
Paneristi

January 16th, 2012, 5:51 pm #3

Let's start with the red (rosso) 8-days rad...this is a special one for me. I'm not normally a rose/red gold kind of guy, but this one works for me...in a big way.

I'll let Asi go into the intricacies of the alloy, but I'm told that Panerai is using a new formula for all the 'red gold'/rosso models. This includes the addition of platinum into the mix to give the gold a bluish hue (Gush said it reminded him of rose gold + tantalum).

Also, this model features a skeletonized in-house movement that is simply stunning. My apologies, I was so enamored with the movement I realize I forget to take a picture of the dial!

Then, of course we have the 398 and 399. This 6152-like model is as beautiful in the flesh as it looks in the press photo. Featuring that big, thick (rolex-style) crown, it's something a lot of us have been waiting years for.

Panerai chose to power this one with a Minerva/OP XXVII calibre. Silky-smooth and an exquisite level of finishing.

As has been noted, production will be very limited on this one, with only 100 pcs of each of the Steel and Red Gold models and half of those will be sold as a set. (For those interested, the box for the set will be a giant one like that came with the PAM300 or the recent 3-watch precious metal rad set).

Prices were indicated to be around US$29k for the steel version and nearly double that for the gold version. This will certainly price it out of many budgets but who knows what may be around the corner??

On the wrist, I would say it certainly wears similarly to the 372, but with the absence of the crown guard, I think the 47mm size feels smaller overall.

fullcourt1
Paneristi

January 16th, 2012, 5:58 pm #4

dp
just living the dream
chicago
dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
more than just a watch

panerai4life
Paneristi

January 16th, 2012, 6:30 pm #5

M8 and at that price?

"Time flies when you are ALIVE"
Greetings from the Land of Smiles...

gensiulia
Paneristi
gensiulia
Paneristi

January 16th, 2012, 7:22 pm #6

christian

snoballz
Paneristi
snoballz
Paneristi

January 16th, 2012, 7:32 pm #7

I understand that they are evoking their vintage history but has this gone overboard?

-luke

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

January 16th, 2012, 8:50 pm #8

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

Spike74
Paneristi
Spike74
Paneristi

January 16th, 2012, 9:21 pm #9

And Will some of you be at the cocktail friday? I Will be @ sihh with a risti friend (372 & 380...).
See you maybe...

kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

January 17th, 2012, 4:10 am #10

Probably will be the store next year, it makes sense not to put it out too soon after the 372 since they will looks so similar, it might have detoured 372 buyers. I personally would like to have both but not everyone would.

KerwinL
Paneristi
KerwinL
Paneristi

January 17th, 2012, 4:52 am #11

KerwinL
Paneristi
KerwinL
Paneristi

January 17th, 2012, 4:53 am #12

Probably will be the store next year, it makes sense not to put it out too soon after the 372 since they will looks so similar, it might have detoured 372 buyers. I personally would like to have both but not everyone would.