*** SIHH 2012 paneristi.com exclusive - Live pictures of the PAM448 California Dial

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.
kevin5
Paneristi
kevin5
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2012, 1:31 am #21

Hi all, thanks for the nice feedback on the PAM449 post. Much appreciated.

Below are the live SIHH photos of the PAM448 - Radiomir California 3 Days 47mm.

Asi posted a very nice comparison between the PAM249 and the new PAM448.
If you haven't seen it, I suggest that you check it out on the PO. That post has some great feedback.

Being a huge fan of the 249, I can only say "what's not to like about the 448"...
The 448 is obviously very similar to the 249, or at least visually. But there are quite a few differences. The most important one being that the new 448 has OP's in-house P.3000 movement with a power reserve of 3 days.
This movement also has a "quick hour change" setting (ie you can move just the hour hand without having to turn the minutes hand to change the time).

On to the photos...

The watch has a plexi but the display back has a sapphire crystal.

The crown has the embossed OP logo as opposed to the letters OP on the crown of the 249.

The photo below shows the 448 next to the 449 Radiomir SLC.
Both watches are described together in the official SIHH press kit as follows:

For collectors and enthusiasts who are fascinated by historic details, Officine Panerai has created
two exclusive Special Editions of the Radiomir California 3 Days (PAM00448) and the Radiomir
S.L.C. 3 Days (PAM00449), each produced in an edition of only 500 units.

You can find the SIHH specifications here:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/t ... AL+EDITION+***

The first official OP photos of the watch from the SIHH press kit can be found here:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/t ... +Days+47mm

If you are new to Panerai, the 249 Radiomir 1936 California dial was a 2006 Special Edition.
Both the 249 and the 448 are a tribute to the vintage 3646 California dial variation (photo below).

For your reference, here are some older photos that I took of the PAM249

Thanks for looking,
Martin / paneristi.com SIHH team

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
I've always wanted a Cali but never wanted to pay the premium, I think that built up desire is the reason the I slightly favor the 448 over the 449. Now I have a second chance, I really hope I get the call for the 448 and 449, just an amazing pair!!!

sdumperth
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2012, 3:29 am #22

If you haven't seen it, I suggest that you check it out on the PO. That post has some great feedback.

Being a huge fan of the 249, I can only say "what's not to like about the 448"...
The 448 is obviously very similar to the 249, or at least visually. But there are quite a few differences. The most important one being that the new 448 has OP's in-house P.3000 movement with a power reserve of 3 days.
This movement also has a "quick hour change" setting (ie you can move just the hour hand without having to turn the minutes hand to change the time).

On to the photos...

The crown has the embossed OP logo as opposed to the letters OP on the crown of the 249.

For collectors and enthusiasts who are fascinated by historic details, Officine Panerai has created
two exclusive Special Editions of the Radiomir California 3 Days (PAM00448) and the Radiomir

The first official OP photos of the watch from the SIHH press kit can be found here:

If you are new to Panerai, the 249 Radiomir 1936 California dial was a 2006 Special Edition.
Both the 249 and the 448 are a tribute to the vintage 3646 California dial variation (photo below).

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Thanks for all the hard work and Fabulous pics!

May the force be with you........................Always!

Being "Individual" is SO expensive!

"Always remember, you can't buy class" -Dad

I believe in COMMUNITY, wether you believe in it or me. If you are reading this, then you are community!
Always remember, you can’t buy class. -Dad

Rocketman248
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2012, 3:59 am #23

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
That's interesting, because Panerai was saying that it's the same crystal.

Nick DeBrita
Chincoteague Island,VA

NachoM
Paneristi
NachoM
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2012, 5:26 am #24

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

First of all Ive always impressed about the quality of the pics you can take at SIHH. I would like to see the kind of set up you use...Congrats.

My question, is about the hour setting. Do you prefer 10m to 2 or 10:10. Ive seen both settings in these pics you are showing.

At the 372 I like much more 10min to 2....rather the other way around.

Maseristi
Paneristi
Maseristi
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2012, 5:48 am #25

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Thank you very much. Pam 448 and 449 are two stunning timepieces

JAW-001
Paneristi
JAW-001
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2012, 6:18 am #26

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Great pics!!!!!!!! Very Nice!!!!!!

Would like to know more about your set-up too.

Regards,

JAW (NL)

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2012, 6:58 am #27

That's interesting, because Panerai was saying that it's the same crystal.

Nick DeBrita
Chincoteague Island,VA
Where did OP write that it's the same plexi Nick?
cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2012, 7:03 am #28

First of all Ive always impressed about the quality of the pics you can take at SIHH. I would like to see the kind of set up you use...Congrats.

My question, is about the hour setting. Do you prefer 10m to 2 or 10:10. Ive seen both settings in these pics you are showing.

At the 372 I like much more 10min to 2....rather the other way around.

The light setup was three flashes for all the photos. One from the left high as the key light and 2 from different angles for accent.
Cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

NachoM
Paneristi
NachoM
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2012, 7:36 am #29

always great to know your technique.

You could organize a "HANDs ON PANERAI Photgraphy" next PDAY! If so...IM IN!

radionic
Paneristi
radionic
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2012, 9:27 am #30

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Martin

brilliant photos. thanks

panerai4life
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2012, 9:58 am #31

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
"Time flies when you are ALIVE"
Greetings from the Land of Smiles...

hkgweilo
Paneristi
hkgweilo
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2012, 2:31 pm #32

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

Rocketman248
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2012, 2:37 pm #33

Where did OP write that it's the same plexi Nick?
cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
http://www.network54.com/Forum/638808/m ... nfirmed+by

Nick DeBrita
Chincoteague Island,VA

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2012, 3:12 pm #34

What Asi writes about the differences in lighting and viewing angles does make sense of course.
The photos made me think the plexis are not the same, but it must be me then.
Cheers,
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

illusionzero
Paneristi

January 23rd, 2012, 3:34 pm #35

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

luke2008
Paneristi
luke2008
Paneristi

January 24th, 2012, 2:13 pm #36

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
great, thanks

MaartenS
Paneristi
MaartenS
Paneristi

January 24th, 2012, 5:04 pm #37

On to the photos...

Thanks for looking,

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>
Martin, these picture are again really stunning!
I've seen this beauty in the metal at sihh and you really know how to capture the colors and details

Kind Regards from Antwerp
Maarten

Please keep me posted on any Europe GTG