Servicing a PAM 190

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Servicing a PAM 190

leopardprey
Paneristi

February 26th, 2008, 11:17 am #1

Can anyone tell me how much it will cost to have Panerai do a general servicing (re-lubricate, clean movement, replace seals and gaskets, etc..) on a PAM 190?

What is the best place to send a PAM in for service in the USA? (if you do not have access to a AD).

Thanks.

dweldon
Paneristi
dweldon
Paneristi

February 26th, 2008, 1:03 pm #2

You can go to the Panerai website at www.panerai.com and follow the links to the details on the service center. Here in the US it is located in Fort Worth, TX. I've called them to inquire about service and they seem very nice. Hope that helps.
Regards,
Dathan
San Antonio, TX

btinl
Paneristi
btinl
Paneristi

February 26th, 2008, 3:11 pm #3

Can anyone tell me how much it will cost to have Panerai do a general servicing (re-lubricate, clean movement, replace seals and gaskets, etc..) on a PAM 190?

What is the best place to send a PAM in for service in the USA? (if you do not have access to a AD).

Thanks.
I don't know the cost of a movement overhaul, but I do know that they offered to polish my watch for $75.

B-Rad: Hershey, PA

190 off to the Spa. =(
232 on the wrist 24/7

stop-a
Paneristi
stop-a
Paneristi

February 26th, 2008, 4:11 pm #4

Thanks.
after 3 months. The service center originally quoted 4-6 months so they really gave me a surprise. However, when I checked on it with my eyeloupe tonight I found the sandwich dial peeled off in some area. Not sure if it means another 3 months for me.

btinl
Paneristi
btinl
Paneristi

February 26th, 2008, 4:14 pm #5

I haven't gotten an ETA for my watch so I'm still anxious to find out when I'll get mine back.

190 off to the Spa. =(
232 on the wrist 24/7

stop-a
Paneristi
stop-a
Paneristi

February 26th, 2008, 4:31 pm #6

Fixed under warranty for free.

btinl
Paneristi
btinl
Paneristi

February 26th, 2008, 4:32 pm #7

I guess I will be waiting 3 months as well.

190 off to the Spa. =(
232 on the wrist 24/7

stop-a
Paneristi
stop-a
Paneristi

February 26th, 2008, 4:35 pm #8

I know this problem happened to a few 190 so at least I think they knew how to fix it immediately when they see it coming in the factory.

btinl
Paneristi
btinl
Paneristi

February 26th, 2008, 4:43 pm #9

Did the service center say that they had to send the watch to Switzerland? Some have speculated that all 190 service is performed in Switzerland.

190 off to the Spa. =(
232 on the wrist 24/7

leopardprey
Paneristi

February 26th, 2008, 5:02 pm #10

Thanks.
Thanks for all the info guys. Anyone still know how much a general servicing cost? Whether a Radiomor, 8 Day, Luminor, etc..

stop-a
Paneristi
stop-a
Paneristi

February 26th, 2008, 6:07 pm #11

Did the service center say that they had to send the watch to Switzerland? Some have speculated that all 190 service is performed in Switzerland.

190 off to the Spa. =(
232 on the wrist 24/7
in the service center in your region. For JLC movement, I guess it may not be of their expertise so it has to go back to motherland. By the way I'm from APAC.

stop-a
Paneristi
stop-a
Paneristi

February 26th, 2008, 6:12 pm #12

Thanks for all the info guys. Anyone still know how much a general servicing cost? Whether a Radiomor, 8 Day, Luminor, etc..
since my PAMs are relatively young and most of the time maintenance is covered under warranty. I once had my 177 serviced for free when I told them it was running 10 sec fast per day, still under warranty of course.

btinl
Paneristi
btinl
Paneristi

February 26th, 2008, 6:22 pm #13

I had my Rolex DJ serviced and it cost $550 for a full overhaul and polish. I assume Panerai service would have a similar cost.

190 off to the Spa. =(
232 on the wrist 24/7

leopardprey
Paneristi

February 27th, 2008, 4:26 am #14

I hope it would be around that. Just talked to another member who sent in there 127 to be serviced, and had to have a crystal replaced as well. $700 for service and crystal replacement.

One of the things that turned me off to Vacheron's Overseas was the service cost. Around $1200 for non-chronometer and around $1500 for the chronometer!!!!

I can afford $500 every 4-5 years, but more than that is starting to get too high (especially when you have 5-7 watches in your collection!)