service question

service question

jadamo
Paneristi
jadamo
Paneristi

April 25th, 2012, 8:03 pm #1

I have a 190H which has been gaining time for a few months now. It is gaining several minutes per month. I am not overly concerned with rate on the watch, but am wondering if it needs to be serviced? what kind of damage can i do by not servicing it? and would it be more costly later? The watch has been used regularly--it has seldom exhausted its power reserve. This is a JLC 8 day movement and it is now out of warranty. Should i send it to Panerai and could someone give me a guess on the cost for service.
Thanks
John

Ora et Labora

Asimut
Paneristi
Asimut
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 4:20 am #2

I wouldn't bother until the watch needs servicing for other issues or if it gets worse. You can try placing it during nighttime at different positions (face down, etc.) and see if that helps. Regarding service pricing, it's best to get a quote for a general service, can't bee too expensive (I hope,,,,). Maybe others will answer but I think you have a better chance on the public forum.

Cheers and best from the holyland,

~Asi~

<a href="http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h306/ ... d.jpg"></a>

WaltNY
Paneristi
WaltNY
Paneristi

April 26th, 2012, 5:54 pm #3

I have a 190H which has been gaining time for a few months now. It is gaining several minutes per month. I am not overly concerned with rate on the watch, but am wondering if it needs to be serviced? what kind of damage can i do by not servicing it? and would it be more costly later? The watch has been used regularly--it has seldom exhausted its power reserve. This is a JLC 8 day movement and it is now out of warranty. Should i send it to Panerai and could someone give me a guess on the cost for service.
Thanks
John

Ora et Labora
John, your watch may have been exposed to a magnetic field strong enough to make it run fast. De-magnetizing it is a two minute operation and can usually be done by your local watch dealer. I took mine to Tourneau and was out of there in 5 minutes. Best part...no charge for the service!

This may not be what ails your watch, but it so darn simple to check it first.

Paneristi
Paneristi

April 27th, 2012, 1:05 am #4

Thanks
John

Ora et Labora
I am not sure what 'several' means but if you break it down to seconds per day thats not very much. Do the math.