Semi-OT: my "Ekso experience"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Semi-OT: my "Ekso experience"

VolkerWiegmann
Paneristi

February 15th, 2012, 1:26 pm #1

Hello all,

well, we all know it - surprises do happen, and today one nice surprise happened.
Quite unexpected... thats how a surprise come along... just wanted to share this here:

The story behind: many of us know the video hosted at youtube about Hammer's visit at Berkeley Bionics.
Very moving for me since it was hosted there, I remember (i guess) Jim Wirth posted it here nearly one year ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZucDHeUrrKg

Since it's there at youtube, its sticky at my browser's favourites. Youbet
For me it's full of energy, motivation and power. And two very inspiring "actors": Hammer and Amanda. Power up!

Jim posted some time ago about a meeting with more paneristi as well:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/m ... content%29

Later that year a dream became true... meeting Hammer again:

Oooops...!!!! Sorry - that was GARY!!!!! W-T-F!

A dream became true...meeting HAMMER again @ Hamilton Island:

Heaps of unforgettable memories behind, but I am still watching the video on youtube from time to time.
It brings back a lot good memories from "the time before P-DAY DU" for me.

So, meanwhile I heard that the Ekso crew was travelling across Europe and Germany in these days.
Earlier this week, Amanda, one of the Ekso ambassadors, posted a photo from Berlin... Today she posted from Frankfurt... which is where I am nearly every day during work, visiting customers.

It happened in the moment when I left a Frankfurt based watch company when Amanda sent me her location, a hotel which is only a "stone throw" away from where I was.
So there was that "...wait a minute....?!" moment for me.

A few minutes later - yes, surprises do happen - I met Amanda and a part of her Europe crew in the Hotel:

What a kind person Amanda is. Glad to meet her in person.

Ekso can be happy to have such a sympathic person as ambassador for their amazing products.
Hopefully their tour thru Europe and Germany becomes a success. I still have the words of the Ekso CEO in my ears "There is no such word as NO". True!

(...luckily I was sporting my 360 - so that's the semi-ot part of this posting )

See you again soon, Amanda - and dinner will be on my turn then.

Thanks for looking and... power up!
Volker

representin' the DNA of Panerai

H2Finally
Paneristi

February 15th, 2012, 1:40 pm #2

PAM1A
Paneristi
PAM1A
Paneristi

February 15th, 2012, 1:50 pm #3

Hello all,

well, we all know it - surprises do happen, and today one nice surprise happened.
Quite unexpected... thats how a surprise come along... just wanted to share this here:

The story behind: many of us know the video hosted at youtube about Hammer's visit at Berkeley Bionics.
Very moving for me since it was hosted there, I remember (i guess) Jim Wirth posted it here nearly one year ago.

For me it's full of energy, motivation and power. And two very inspiring "actors": Hammer and Amanda. Power up!

Heaps of unforgettable memories behind, but I am still watching the video on youtube from time to time.

So, meanwhile I heard that the Ekso crew was travelling across Europe and Germany in these days.
Earlier this week, Amanda, one of the Ekso ambassadors, posted a photo from Berlin... Today she posted from Frankfurt... which is where I am nearly every day during work, visiting customers.

It happened in the moment when I left a Frankfurt based watch company when Amanda sent me her location, a hotel which is only a "stone throw" away from where I was.

A few minutes later - yes, surprises do happen - I met Amanda and a part of her Europe crew in the Hotel:

Ekso can be happy to have such a sympathic person as ambassador for their amazing products.
Hopefully their tour thru Europe and Germany becomes a success. I still have the words of the Ekso CEO in my ears "There is no such word as NO". True!

(...luckily I was sporting my 360 - so that's the semi-ot part of this posting )

Volker

thx for sharing...

Thorsten

radionic
Paneristi
radionic
Paneristi

February 15th, 2012, 1:56 pm #4

Hello all,

Volker

That's a quote I will never forget

cheers
Steve

gfriedell
Paneristi

February 15th, 2012, 2:22 pm #5

Hello all,

Volker

The places it takes you and the people you meet through these connections is amazing.

Now,,,,we need to negotiate on the return of those photographs..I'll make my final offer,,,,,one Million dollars!!!!,,,,,,,,

VolkerWiegmann
Paneristi

February 15th, 2012, 2:24 pm #6

LOL!!!!

Cheers,
Volker

GeoffHess
Paneristi
GeoffHess
Paneristi

February 15th, 2012, 3:09 pm #7

Hello all,

Volker

Amazing people and amazing technology.
And some great memories too!

Geoff

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

February 15th, 2012, 3:40 pm #8

Hello all,

Volker

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>

snoballz
Paneristi
snoballz
Paneristi

February 15th, 2012, 4:38 pm #9

Hello all,

Volker

-luke

time4me
Paneristi
time4me
Paneristi

February 15th, 2012, 5:16 pm #10

Hello all,

Volker

Ekso shipped their first exoskeleton out this week. They have had Ekso units in many different rehab centers around the country over this past year for clinical trials, but this week marked the first shipment of a purchased unit to one of their rehab center partners.

Power Up!!!

Jim (time4me)

"It is not so much how you manage the successes but how you withstand the crisis."

Asimut
Paneristi
Asimut
Paneristi

February 15th, 2012, 5:22 pm #11

Hello all,

Volker

Cheers and best from the holyland,

~Asi~

<a href="http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h306/ ... d.jpg"></a>

time4me
Paneristi
time4me
Paneristi

February 15th, 2012, 5:44 pm #12

Ekso shipped their first exoskeleton out this week. They have had Ekso units in many different rehab centers around the country over this past year for clinical trials, but this week marked the first shipment of a purchased unit to one of their rehab center partners.

Power Up!!!

Jim (time4me)

"It is not so much how you manage the successes but how you withstand the crisis."

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ekso-b ... 2012-02-15

Jim (time4me)

JZ365
Paneristi
JZ365
Paneristi

February 15th, 2012, 5:52 pm #13

Hello all,

Volker

Thank you 4 sharing brotha

"Power Up"

Cheers
Jose

bigb1124
Paneristi
bigb1124
Paneristi

February 15th, 2012, 6:29 pm #14

Hello all,

Volker

So proud of Hammer and Jim Wirth, not to mention all esle involved.

Congratulations!

Bigb

HammerHammer
Paneristi

February 15th, 2012, 9:18 pm #15

Hello all,

Volker

So much MORE than just a Watch

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI

And dat , SIMPLY blows me away ,, U Bet....................... BBQ Drew RIP

Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer

ewit
Paneristi
ewit
Paneristi

February 16th, 2012, 11:14 am #16

Hello all,

Volker

Power up, as always, M8.