Question for my fellow Rad fans

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Question for my fellow Rad fans

CultFan
Paneristi
CultFan
Paneristi

May 12th, 2006, 2:52 pm #1

Guys,

Sorry if this has been asked many times before, but... Can anyone give me a quick idea of how you changes straps on a Blackseal?

once the screws are out, does that "rail" pull out and separate?

Easier than Luminor or same?

thank you! have a great day.

Dave

Yoelfuld
Paneristi
Yoelfuld
Paneristi

May 12th, 2006, 3:23 pm #2

The first time is quite tough. Be sure you have good lighting, and keep your watch face down on a soft cloth.
With a bergeon 1.4 screwdriver, unscrew the four screws MOST, not all the way out.
Do this over a shoe box lid, so if you drop a screw, they won't get far.
then pull the loops out, they'll seperate, and pull them out of the strap.
The 1st time I did it it was at a watchmaker, who tutored me.
It was not simple. Remember the screws have loctite on them.
Try not to scratch the back. Make sure the driver bit is seated well in the groove before you try to turn.
DOn't have the bergeon driver?
A cheaper one ala home depot or sears won't work- I tried.
I bought mine @ 65 w 47th street.
DRS suply 212 819-0237.
good luck

CultFan
Paneristi
CultFan
Paneristi

May 12th, 2006, 4:04 pm #3

andyhunt
Paneristi
andyhunt
Paneristi

May 12th, 2006, 5:11 pm #4

Guys,

Sorry if this has been asked many times before, but... Can anyone give me a quick idea of how you changes straps on a Blackseal?

Dave
Radiomir Strap Change

Radiomir Strap Change

It is as simple to change a strap on one of the Radiomir’s as it is on the classic Luminor case, as simple but a bit more fiddly.

Firstly unscrew the two holding screws that keep the wire loops in place.
Try not to unscrew these completely as they are mighty small and can be very difficult to find if they fall out and even more fun trying to get them back in.

Best is to unscrew slightly and ‘test’ to see if the wire loop ends will come out, remember to unscrew each side more or less evenly as if only one side is free the other will not move due to the precise tolerances of the machining.

Once you have removed the wire loops simply pull from both sides, the wire then loop ‘splits’ in the middle and comes out of the strap.

Then take the replacement strap and insert the wire lug parts into the strap end making sure that (a) you have the correct lug parts (male and female) and that the locking notches are facing towards the case back.

Present the lug ends to the holes in the case and then push home using what I would describe as the Radiomir Pinch, this is holding the strap end in the middle so that the pressure is central, if you hold by one side of the strap end it is far more difficult to get the lugs back in, trust me!!

Once the lug ends are pushed home simply tighten the holding screws and test that the wire loop is secure with a slight pull.

See it’s simple!!

=

wolfB
Paneristi
wolfB
Paneristi

May 12th, 2006, 6:52 pm #5

Guys,

Dave
Click the image to initiate a 6MB Real Media video download.

Sorry for my bad English.

wolfB

<font size=1>"Panerai - The perfect watch, if you are over 45!" - Sly Stallone</font>

scoopster
Paneristi

May 12th, 2006, 7:32 pm #6

documentary. Thanks.

mycallb
Paneristi
mycallb
Paneristi

May 12th, 2006, 7:44 pm #7

Guys,

Dave
that way you would not scratch up the case back IMO. Good luck, Michael

CultFan
Paneristi
CultFan
Paneristi

May 12th, 2006, 10:31 pm #8

Guys,

Dave

Mr.Orange
Paneristi

May 13th, 2006, 8:09 am #9

documentary. Thanks.

Mostlikely somethin' to do with SPAM...

Just wanted to say I really enjoyed the picture of you with Patrick in NYC.
Good fun. All the best.

Have a great weekend,
ilya